OptiComm

• Adequate Speeds Yes (79%) · No (21%)

Solutions at last!

"Great communication, quick response, service personnel easy to talk with, explained everything needed to get things up and running, proactive in fining solutions to my problems, would recommend them to anyone wanting to set up new connections.

Contract Type24-month contract

MichelleW

MichelleWSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent service

As a property manager i make many applications for NBN connections. Most are simple and straight forward - others, the polar opposite. We always receive "Always great, helpful service from your team".
Makes our jobs that little bit easier. Thank you the team at Investarent

William

WilliamGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Zero customer service when you have an problem

They are great at getting you connected for a sale, but when you have an issue they will re-direct you to your ISP. Your ISP will say they are waiting on Opticomm to fix it.

Opticomm will say you cannot speak to anyone in the networking team (isn't that the business they operate?).

All in all, if you have a choice (which you likely don't) I would choose another network.

Start DateOctober 2010

Very smooth process

In the days when a call to a service provider can take days or months off your life, this was a welcome change. Very smooth property connection process, lovely staff. Well done guys.

Steph

StephGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Thank you for making it so easy!

Sophie was super lovely and friendly and helpful and made it nice and easy and explained everything well! I thank her for contacting me so quickly and making a task I was dreading really easy. :)

Mich L

Mich LSydney, NSW

Paying the same price as NBN, but getting lower tier speed with random disruption to the network

Signed via Opticomm's reseller as the apartment is tied to Opticomm's service.
When there's service interruption, Opticomm's network status page will just show that there's no issue.
I need to send an enquiry to reseller to find out that there is service outage. There's numerous random dropout that I just gave up sending enquiry as they may take up to 2 days to respond from the reseller.

Start DateApril 2020
Contract Type6-month contract
Chantal

ChantalGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent Customer Service

Paid account and received phone call to organise connection the same day, I was advised we could be connected within the week which was a lot quicker than I expected!
Customer service was fantastic and we couldn't be happier with our experience so far.

Quick respond.

The service is quickerrrrr than i expected!!!" Requested connection i dont have to wait long it only took 2 days a representative to connect my internet. Bloody awesome indeed opticomm

Standalone or BundledBundled
Contract Type12-month contract

Jacky

JackyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Professional response quickly.

Paid over the weekend. Received connection appointment Monday the next week. Really positive response. Really happy can get it connected within a week. Daughter is able to continue her online schooling. Peace of mind.

Standalone or BundledBundled
Contract Type12-month contract

rrjg

rrjgSouthwest, VIC

Great Customer Service

"I feel they have gone above and beyond to help us with an issue which wasn't their fault... it was our builders issue...Opticom helped me work out what it was so that i could explain to my builder the issue. Great customer service and very helpful."

Start DateAugust 2020

Moving to Full fibre connection

Having relocated to our new home, we were very satisfied with our discussions with Opticomm about our full fibre installation. Clear communication about what OptiComm is going to do to connect us made the process more understandable.

Jpazz

Poor service take no ownership

Have been without internet for two days seems the opticomm router has multiple port failures and when you ring them they don’t care and ask to refer back to the provider. What are they actually here for?
Wish it was nbn not some second class provider.
The charge for a service call is $200-300!!

Start DateMay 2019

Wonderful customer service!

Thomas was incredibly lovely, efficient and helpful. I knew exactly what was happening and when. Nothing was too much trouble. I really appreciate his excellent customer service!! Thank you. Rebecca

"Quick and responsive"

Given that it is stage 4 restrictions in Melbourne, Opticomm still undertake operations as per usual to serve the community without any delays. Securing an internet connection before we move into our new home means that I will not lose any time from working from home.

chandikadias

chandikadiasGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

very smooth process, prompt response to schedule appointment

Hi I am still at the beginning of the process, upto now Opticomm service is excellent, completed online form, less than 1 hour got a call from to schedule tech.

farooq b.

farooq b.

Long waiting time for setup at permises

I had paid the amount and expected the connection to happen within a week, when i received a call from customer service they informed that min timeline is 10 to 14 days.

Amount paid : 30 jul
Connection appointment on : 14 Aug
Suburb :Point Cook

Not happy with the process and waiting times.

Start DateDecember 2019
Ron

Ron

Slow service

My internet provider tell me that its with in the opticomm had something wrong that's why I can't be connected with the net. I'm waiting for their call as the advice of my provider. I've started with the other provider last Thursday and then jump off to another provider last Tuesday it's been 8 days I'm not still connected with the internet it's all because of opticomm. I've tried to call opticomm but they hanged up on me.

Excellent Service

Found the staff member friendly fast and efficient. It only took a couple of minutes to confirm what was required and book a date in. The whole process was hassle free. Highly Recommended.

UJay

UJayGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Help to resolve issue in quick time

Had a bad experiance with my first installation appoinment as it got cancel due to a technical issues. After raising it with opticom, i got a call very next day and helped to resolve it.
It was great to see them understanding customers and trying to help by going out of the way.
Thanks opticomm

Start DateJuly 2020

great service

great customer service. I had issue with my service but after contacting customer service they resolved my issue straight away. Thank you really appreciate your service. Cheers Opticomm Team Ta

Start DateJuly 2020
Contract Type24-month contract

Michael C.

Michael C.asked

Hi our black splitter box is playing up, small shocks like opening closing our clothes dryer door which is in the garage next to the box will turn it completely off and on again, sometimes it stays off, giving us no internet or FTA tv, gave it a couple of taps and the lights came back on?

Martin S.OptiComm

Hi Michael, Please phone our customer service centre on 1300 044 319 who can help with trouble shooting and also determine if a technician visit is required. Thanks & regards, Martin S (OptiComm)

Rafael D.asked

Hi,

I know it’s weekend and am trying to call opticomm at this time as am having with the connection,

Since i lost internet signal in my router and i check the garage where they install opticomm is, i saw the PON light shows green And in few seconds shows red.

Can Anyone help Me diagnose this issue?

Jpazz

I haven’t had that issue. Have you restarted the opticomm box?

Rafael D.

I did and i move my router back in the garage, so it can direct connected to opticomm box

Martin S.OptiComm

Hi Rafael, please contact your internet provider who have all the trouble shooting steps available for internet issues, and can also arrange an OptiComm tech visit if it is needed. Regards, Martin S (OptiComm)

Michael W.

Michael W.asked

Hi
Moving into an Opticomm community in a month. Can’t quite understand how free to air tv connection works and no aerial. Do you just plug TV into a data point and not the traditional aerial point? Any pictures of the set-up would be great.

Martin S.OptiComm

Hi Michael, The TV signal comes into your home through the OptiComm ONT device (normally situated in the garage). Instead of taking your TV cabling from each room up to the roof and connecting to an aerial, your electrician takes the TV cabling back to the garage and connects it to the TV connector on the OptiComm ONT. Any questions, please call our TV helpline on 1300 137 800. Regards, Martin S (OptiComm)

Get an answer from our members and OptiComm representatives

Other Internet Service Providers