OptiComm

• Adequate Speeds Yes (50) · No (16)
milocrotona

milocrotonaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

"Quick, easy, clear."

OptiComm so far being super easy to deal with.

Sad that I've had 2 different failed installation with 2 different houses, but always the builders fault.

So far satisfied with OptiComm and their fibre provisions; connection quality has been great and ever present...

Logan V.

Logan V.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

GAMERS AVOID ! Missing frames, Lag...

Excellent and prompt service

Opticomm are coming out next week but when I first made a booking I was contacted almost immediately to book an appointment very happy so far. Hopefully when they come out the service is just as good!

Great Customer Service

"So quick and easy to deal with and the information is easy to understand and complete! Great customer service" definitely one of the easiest providers to deal with! Thank you

Urmil

Urmil Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

It’s almost one month, still struggling to get the internet

Jacqui S.

Jacqui S.Western Australia

Friendly Staff and Quick Response

The OptiComm Staff are friendly and the connection process has been easy to understand with no hassles so far. Within 30 minutes of submitting our request form we were contacted to arrange connection. We look forward to using the service!

Keni

KeniSydney, NSW

Poor Opticomm Customer Service - New Connection

I just moved into an off the plan apt unit with Opticomm Fiber. Had an unpleasant experience with customer service namely our ISP modem was unable to “talk” to Opticomm internet box. CS claim their system shows their box port 1 is active thus ISP is suppose to lodge the fault and send technician would incur $300 charges. I am really frustrated at their level of technical knowledge. In fact our IT contact agrees Opticomm internet box is not active physically.

However Opticomm consultant called to isolate the issue and had it resolved within hours! Thumbs up!

Fast service!

Fast service! Signed up to get connected and contacted within half an hour to book an appointment. Will definitely recommend.

Thank you guys! Keep up the good work and service!

cooperman

coopermanCoomba Park

How do they exist?

It would be hard to find a company with a worse attitude. I advised my ISP three days ago, and they gave me the bums rush. I called in my own technician, and the ISP agreed it was an Opticomm fault. Now I am advised it will be three days before Opticomm even raise a ticket. I have zero confidence that the problem will be resolved in the near future. Do not, I repeat do not ever consider this company for your Internet needs.

Robyn

RobynSydney, NSW

Very helpful customer service person

The information given was informative and very helpful, so the process of getting connected with Opticomm was very easy. I am hopeful that the "product" will be as good as the customer service.

Evanrheanirohan B.

Evanrheanirohan B.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Prompt and quick action

We ordered for connection and got connected 2 days after. We were worried that it might get delayed due to the weather. But no, technician showed up on time and as planned.

HelenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Quick waiting time, service connected very quickly. Staff very easy to talk to, as we are new to opticomm, and didn’t understand things, and they were explained in easy terms that older person could understand

Review collected in partnership with OptiComm

Clear information and friendly service

Opticomm is the infrastructure provided in our new estate. I contacted them to book in the installation of our connection. The booking was processed easily online and they contacted me the next morning to make the appointment. Consultant was very knowledgeable of their service and gave clear instructions. A very refreshing thing from a telecom company. Impressed so far!

Chris

ChrisGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

It's Never Our Fault

No matter what provider I'm with, I keep getting constant drop outs. Been in the new Pavilion estate for 6 months and it's been an absolute joke of an experience. Now going to the TIO to seek compensation and move to NBN network. Be very careful of this useless excuse of an organisation.

Milan

MilanGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

The best internet provider

Great customer service and reliable internet provider ever had.
There were few issues and rectified upon contacting the customer service.
The customer service assistants are very polite, mannered and well aware of what they deal with.

Adequate SpeedsYes

Ross S.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Too Many Outages and Long Time to Fix

I live in a new complex with Opticomm fibre installed. In 7 months there have been two Internet outages and a free to air TV outage. The Internet outages have been very frustrating to deal with. In both cases I have had to deal with my ISP who have had to escalate to Opticomm. And in both cases the outages lasted more than 24 hours and were caused Opticomm mis-configurations. The response from Opticomm is unacceptably slow with poor communication via the ISP. I am very disappointed with Opticomm and would not recommend them.

Martin S.OptiComm

Hi Martin,
My service is still down. I rebooted the router but no luck.
Ross

BrianM

BrianMGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

"Happy customer"

Very clear ,polite and understanding. But above all else happy. Very simple online process that was easy to follow and understand. This was followed by a confirmation phone call to confirm all details. Thanks again Brian.

Start DateDecember 2020

AlexS

AlexSSydney, NSW

Clear and concise

Had a pleasant experience speaking to the representative Carlee who helped me with everything I needed.

Simply easy to deal with and awesome customer service.

Hoping all goes well on the day of installation!

KeeganM

KeeganMGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Customer service

The lady on the phone was really helpful and guided me quite smoothly even when I was having trouble. They way the task was explained to me was greatly appreciated and was well educated! Thank-you very much

Camellia

CamelliaSydney, NSW

Paid $550 for an installation that was not completed correctly.

Paid $550 for installation, and it wasn’t completed correctly. The technician didn’t actually connect internet to the Opticomm box. I organised to be at home for the 4 hour window, and now I have to organise to be at home again for them to come and fix it. Have confirmed with my provider that it was not on their end. For such a hefty installation fee you’d hope they would check it was done correctly the first time. He didn’t test it or anything, and when I asked him to explain how it should work he very vaguely tried to explain that the lights would appear if I plugged the modem “anywhere in the house”. However after calling opticomm they have said this is not the case.

Michelle W.asked

Just moved into rental that has opticom , can I use the opticom box now for digital tv or do I need to get it connected in my name . Currently have nbn from old house and didn’t realise it was opticom

Helen

Our box was connected and instantly had digital TV after. Foxtel needs to be connected through foxtel not telstra. If requiring internet at home need to choose a plan with opticomm provider and will probably need a new modem. Hope this helps

Michelle W.

What cable did you use to get digital tv?

Mike J.

Mike J.asked

Are you able to advise me on the importance of the CATV light on the Opticomm modem. Mine is generally red, but it doesn't appear to affect any performance.

Martin S.OptiComm

Hi Mike, The CATV light relates to TV signal level only, and is a function that is not used in a lot of houses, so could show red. It has nothing to do with the internet. Regards, Martin S (OptiComm)

Gina

Ginaasked

My power button too is broken and extell say to ring opticomm but amy on this pages states opticomm will do nothing and the fault needs to be logged with provider whom will log with opticomm Excel telling something different kids in the middle of exams opticomm is a joke

Get an answer from our members and OptiComm representatives

Other Internet Service Providers