OptiComm
See the Best Internet Service Providers in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by OptiComm

• Adequate Speeds Yes (63) · No (27)

Imali Hettiarachchi
Imali HettiarachchiSouthwest, VIC

OptiComm Online Booking

It was very straightforward to navigate and make my booking

TikiCanberra Central 2602, ACT

Worse than NBN

Moved into a new house and over 6 weeks later still have no internet line due to a damaged line. Thought it was nice of them to provide a sim card for temporary internet but its rubbish and you can't do anything with it as it keeps dropping out. They have no idea when it will be fixed and just flob it off to the backhaul provider even though they own the infrastructure. NBN were faster at fixing damaged lines and in this day and age we shouldn't be waiting 2 months for a line to get fixed.

John M.
John M.

Advertises speed that they cannot provide

WorstOpticomProvider
WorstOpticomProviderGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worst customer service and they hide behind their wholesale business

I had a slow internet connection and sometimes drops off. Called my ISP multiple times only to be told by Opticomm that nothing wrong with the line, 3 days went by, and still nothing. I finally said just get a technician in I don't care if I have to pay. When Opticomm arrived they found that their Fibre Box had some problems and they replaced it.

Hari M.
Hari M.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

The WORST connection I have ever experienced , I'd rather ADSL than this

I have had unfortunately had to be connected to Opticomm not a choice I'm afraid. The worst service. Connected in September 2020 and had dropouts once a day if not 4 times a day and if I am lucky I can go 2 days without a drop out.. To test this theory I had 3 modems sent out to me and let be clear it isn't my internet providers issue. Its disconnected at the Opticomm Box at the beck end. Now the issue is Opitcimm want to charge ridiculous fees to check for a service that I am paying for but not getting. Which I reuse. So I am testing it further before going to Telco Ombudsman.

Natasha M.
Natasha M.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Forever have outages and they’re always 24-48 hours long!!!!!

We moved in last year April and have experienced 3 outages so far for reasons unknown and that’s not including the 2 weeks without any internet because their first Tech installed a faulty unit to our home when we got them…. They never let us know why we have these outages nor can they provide information of when it will be working. Worst company to contact and always takes forever to get our internet back. I’ve paid $600 to have them but I wish I had a choice I’d never use them for our home, I want my money back!! Going on 24 hours of no internet and still not expecting to get it anytime soon!! How they get away with this is beyond me.

Fibre installation to new home

10 ways to improve your home’s internet connection

Does Netflix keep lagging? With the rain keeping more people at home, it’s not uncommon to see internet speeds slow to a crawl. Here’s a checklist of what to do to speed your wireless connection up before you call your internet provider.

Clara V.
Clara V.
10-ways-to-improve-your-homes-internet-connection
Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
rupesh k.
rupesh k.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worst to have

Speed is decent for whar you pay, but a lot of outages keep happening evey now abd then, I am in 3029 postcode, and its been over 24 hours that there is outage, I have the internet provider of Fuzenet who have no clue how much time it is going to be restored in, no empathy and no customer service, probably they are just happy its nit because of them. 24 hrs without internet, all the wifi connections and devices attached not working, this is not a reliable service in these days?
I am sure there is no compensation as well if its their fault?
Better try to look for other options.

Wallied Dawood
Wallied DawoodGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Opticomm is disgussting

Every few days I got email from Aussibroaband ,say there will be outages for few hours, this has been occurred for 20 time in 2021. speed is bad & interepted. OPTICOMM is disgussting

CiscanMePerth, WA

2 months without a useable service - and counting

$330 connection fee paid MARCH 18 for HFC connection - service is STILL unusable as of today MAY 09.
Router logs show 22 disconnections in last 2 days - this is typical of what has been happening daily the last 2 months.
Opticomm continually ask my ISP for the SAME DATA over and over again (try new router, provide packet loss data, provide Mac addresses etc) with no resolution. Not kidding here - the same requests have been asked at least 3 times for the above items).
Who on earth takes a $300 connection fee and has an open support ticket for 2 MONTHS with no resolution?
If you're lucky enough to have a decent NBN connection - stay well away from this company if you at all possibly can.

Barry B.
Barry B.South East Queensland, QLD

Steps back and makes you sort out their issues

Steve B.
Steve B.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Opticom service was first rate.

Their System to get connected was very easy and Opticom carry out the connection at the first appointment!
The Opticom Connection is yet to be completed, but planned for early April.
Thank you.

Michael BGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Another big outage

Straight forward, easy to understand and use

Not connected yet, but organising a connecting was super easy and website was easy to navigate. Would recommend to anyone that is looking to get connected. They even have a courtesy call when I hadn’t booked in a date to make sure everything was going smoothly.

aidan
aidan

Works ok when everyone is as work... Sometimes

Every day almost the net literally will not load pages other than Google search or pre caches. Wanna pay a bill, forget it the pages sit in an endless loop of pain.

Rachaelasked

I have just purchased a property that has opticomm set up. Please inform me how to work the television. Do I need to connect any cords, do I need a router. I have just plugged it into the power point expecting it to work

Rachael

Yes it’s so confusing, I don’t have an antenna either……My internet is working great, just no tv…..

Harry
Harryasked

Hi,
I was on a vacation and it looks like my opticomm box/reciever has been replaced. The manufacturer for the new reciever is Dasan and power light is red. All the other lights are off..any thing I can do to get this fixed?

Sherrie
Sherrieasked

Hi guys I’ve been in an opticomm property for 12 months and have had nothing but trouble . Several different service providers and tried several expensive router and these service providers claim that the routers are faulty which I find hard to believe . Have had many weeks with no internet off and on over the year . Im just fed up with spending countless hours on the phone with service providers and just don’t know where to go from here it’s a joke . The service providers take days to call back and you can’t contact opticomm as they say you need to go through a service provider . Any advise would be greatly appreciated .

Michael B

Unfortunately, there nothing much we can do. unless people strike and cancel their Opticomm accounts

Same issues on my side, lots of disconnections, maintenance can take hour and recently it took 2 days

CiscanMe

Get an answer from our members and OptiComm representatives