Optifast VLCD

Optifast VLCD

Banana, Caramel, Chai, Chocolate, Coffee and 3 more

See the Best Weight Loss Drinks in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Love it!

I've been using these for a few months now and have lost 2 dress sizes with only replacing one meal a day and eating quite normally for the rest. I've tried all the flavours and they're all really good, but the caramel is my favorite. Some have a slightly bitter aftertaste, but compared with other brands it's really not a big deal. They mix well and have a creamy smooth texture. Sometimes I blend a banana through for variety and it's just like a smoothie. I have not been starving which means that it's realistic for me long term. Will definitely continue with the program.

Purchased in May 2019 at Amcal for $45.00.

Taste
Weight LostYes

New recipe chocolate bar

I used to love the chocolate bar but the new recipe is horrible. Pity because the originals were a great meal replacement. On par with the soup. Won't be buying these again.

Purchased in August 2019.

Taste

Tasty and sustainable weight loss program

I have been using the products for 5 days, I'm a busy mum also working but have not experienced the fatigue or hunger I was dreading. I alternate coffee and chocolate shakes, add lots of ice and blend with instant coffee.I have actually been eating more veggies on this program than I normally would. Also feel the weight falling off. I know this is sustainable for me. Check out the opticook website for recipe ideas - there is a lot you can have with the allowed veggies.

Purchased in July 2019 at Chemist Warehouse.

Tastes horrible

I’ve tried the chicken soup and the variety bars
The chicken soup tastes like uncooked flour and is absolutely horrible I’ve followed the instructions to the tee and even tried to boil it to get rid of the uncooked flour taste which was against the recommendation but it’s just a dreadful taste either way
The bars are so sweet and stodgy I cant believe they are a weight loss food Im not a sweet tooth person so I don’t like them

Purchased in May 2019 for $40.00.

Weight LostNo change

The best I have tried so far

Only thing is its expensive.
Best flavors chocolate and banana. Worst Coffee.
Very filling and tastes good.
Mixes well. Doesn't need milk which is convenient.
Has low sugar compared to other brands which is a plus for weigh loss.

Purchased in November 2018 at Pharmacy Online for $39.99.

Taste
Additional Physical Activities Cardio
Weight LostNo change

Awful flavour - tastes like chemicals

I bought a box of chocolate shakes yesterday and had my first sachet today, it tasted absolutely horrible. It burnt my throat and tasted like chemicals. Don’t waste your money!

Purchased in March 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for $49.95.

Taste
Additional Physical Activities None

Major results; decent flavors

Because this is about weightloss, I think some generic background info is necessary. I'm a 29 year old, 151cm tall female with an underactive thyroid who struggles to lose weight even when exercising regularly and eating healthy and small portions. My starting weight on 25-march-2019 was 109.6kg, and my goal weight is 60kg. I am NOT currently exercising.

In week one I have lost 3.4 kg on the intensive program, which is truly unheard of for me. I was hoping for at least 1kg and my expectations were surpassed.

I have tried the vanilla and chai shakes, the chicken and vegetables soups, and the cereal bar. I like all of them, but my favorites are the vanilla shake and the vegetable soup. The chicken soup is passable for me, but I agree it has a strange after flavor that could be difficult for some to get used to. It's like lemon myrtle or something. It doesn't quite go. But luckily the vegetable soup is actually amazing. I don't eat chocolate or drink coffee, so it's doubtful I'll ever try the other flavors.

I found a great method is blending ice into the shake to make it a treat and boiling my 2 cups of veggies and putting them in the soup. It's really easy to stick to because you don't have to prep and cook, and it's easy to get into a groove. I experienced hunger on the 3rd and 4th day mainly, but the other days were manageable. And it is getting easier and easier. I have test strips to check, and I am definitely in ketosis.

I would 100% recommend this to you if you want a large burst of weight loss without much heavy planning and exercise. I will update on week 4, week 8, week 12 etc until I've lost most of my weight. I think it's really important to have as much information as possible about how this product works in the later stages as well.

Purchased in March 2019 at Chemist Warehouse.

Taste
Additional Physical Activities None

Love it

I finally took the leap and started last week .. I’ve been real strict with myself and tbh very proud also I started the week at 139kg Monday morning I weighed myself on the same scales ( I work at a medical clinic and the scales get tested all the time ) 131 kg Friday night ... I know I won’t get that result again but super motivating for me which I need . Massive loss loving it so far

Purchased in March 2019 at Chemist Warehouse Online Store for $34.99.

Weight LostYes

New coffee formula tastes awful

I’m a long time user of the coffee flavoured shake. It was my favourite.
I noticed this week that this particular shake tasted sickeningly sweet. The flavour is unpalatable to me.

Purchased in February 2019.

Good Product - Shockingly bad Support

The product is excellent. So far i have lost 51% of my goal weight and I am still going. Great Flavours, Fair density and flavours. I am however extremely disappointed with the Optifast web support to manage your weight loss. The general information is brilliant, e.g. Recipes, stories etc., But your own program, graphs, even customer support - extremely poor. The system changes numbers at will. Customer Support believes support is answering a call, but having no knowledge. Such opposites to the product itself. The support and website - extremely poor.

Purchased in February 2019 at Chemist Australia for $5.95.

Taste
Additional Physical Activities Cardio
Weight LostYes

Chicken soup tastes like rancid greasy vomit.

The shakes are, useable barley palatable but if you drink them quickly you can get them down, bars have a horrible after taste especially the cereal one. Bought the chicken soup for a change it is absolutely foul, even the dog wouldn't eat it, tasted like rancid rotten greasy vomit ..Will stick to the vanilla shake. The shakes do at least work I lost 2.5 kgs in a week just replacing brekky with a shake.

Tasted sickly sweet like aspartame the chocolate shake

I brought a whole box from chemist warehouse I didn’t notice aspartame in the ingredient list, I drank one for breakfast it was sickly sweet and made feel sick in the stomach very artificial will be throwing the box out.

I Love Optifast

I’ve tried all of the shakes and they’re all amazing! These are the best tasting weight loss shakes I’ve tried. I’m in intensive 1 and I’ve noticed a massive change in my weight in a week! I love this diet and I strongly recommend it for weight loss & taste.
Very happy!!!

Don't waste your money on the chicken soup

The chicken soup is foul, the soup was so disgusting I almost gave up on trying anything else, however i'm glad I didn't.
The coffee shake I find the best added with cold water, bars are great easy to eat while on my way to work
The dessert is pretty good, both the lemon and chocolate best mixed with cold water poured into a bowl then in the freezer for 20-25 minutes.

Good product

My GP suggested it stating it was supported by research unlike other meal replacements.
I bought the chocolate flavoured shake (18 sachets) from Chemist Warehouse when it was on special. The flavour was very nice and it had a thick consistency. I had it as a breakfast replacement. I was impressed that it filling.

The chicken soup is foul

I bought the chicken soup and vanilla shake.
The soup was so disgusting I’ve given the lot away. I won’t even try the vanilla.
Heartily disgusted with this product.

Excellent Product

I personally only used the vanilla, not a fan of chocolate anything. Found it quick easy and convenient. Was able to add flavoured Mio to change it up. Achieved the result I was looking for. Thank you.

Awful taste DON’T WASTE YOUR MONEY

I have tried Expresso thought coffee flavour will be nice but it was disgusting

WOW!

4 days on the VLCD. 30 mins walking at 4.5km an hour on the treadmill, 3 shakes and 2 cups of veggies a day, 3L of water.

Tuesday night 140.6KG, Friday Morning 137.2KG. I cant stress enough to weigh yourself EVERY DAY. it is super motivating. and can see instant results. I dont even get hungry now. Absolutely amazing. Cant wait to update at the end of each week.

Definitely changed the recipes

I’ve been on Optifast before and like the taste. But now back on it again and they aren’t nearly as palatable. Think I’ll go to Optislim next time, very similar in ingredients.

How do I get started-from initial weight to ongoing advice?
My question has been answered by having read further into information provided.Thank you.

First 3weeks of diet I lost 8 kilos last 9 days nothing. I’m sticking to it strictly and exercise. Nothing changed. How long does a plateau last?

I’m on day 9 of no weight loss. I’ve been very strict on diet and exercising. First 3 weeks I lost 8 kilos. Last 9 days nothing. How long does plateau last?

Optifast VLCD - ChaiOptifast VLCD - CaramelOptifast VLCD - VanillaOptifast VLCD - ChocolateOptifast VLCD - CoffeeOptifast VLCD - BananaOptifast VLCD - StrawberryOptifast VLCD - Mocha
CategoryWeight Loss DrinksWeight Loss DrinksWeight Loss DrinksWeight Loss DrinksWeight Loss DrinksWeight Loss DrinksWeight Loss DrinksWeight Loss Drinks
Product TypeMeal ReplacementMeal ReplacementMeal ReplacementMeal ReplacementMeal ReplacementMeal ReplacementMeal ReplacementMeal Replacement
Dietary NeedsGluten freeGluten freeGluten freeGluten freeGluten freeGluten freeGluten freeGluten free