Optifast VLCD

Optifast VLCD

Chocolate, Coffee, Vanilla, etc...

• Additional Physical Activities
    • None (9)
    • Cardio (8)
    • Weightlifting (1)
  • Taste
  • Side Effects
    • Mild side effects (2)
    • None (2)
  • Weight Lost
    • No change (3)

It was good now it’s not

I have used the OPTIFAST shakes regularly and just recently have found it does not mix the same it’s now lumpy and I am disappointed and don’t think it’s value for money any more as it’s not the cheapest product out there

Purchased in February 2020 for $50.00.

Additional Physical Activities Cardio
Side Effects
  • Mild side effects

CloverSydney, NSW

Poor quality ingredients

Way too much sugar and sugar substitutes that cause poor gut health and other probkems. Poor ingredients . Basically a hydralyte, vitamin tablet with protein powder added. Calories are NOT the way to go. Count carbs for real weight loss.

Purchased in January 2020 at Chemist Warehouse Online Store for $35.99.

Additional Physical Activities Cardio
Side Effects
  • Mild side effects
Weight LostNo change
chevron

chevronGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Add a dash of imagination

I've tried a few flavours but find vanilla best. Good by itself or add a teaspoon or two of instant coffee or matcha powder; even a drop or two of peppermint essence (I guess most flavourings would work - use in moderation!) To increase the feeling of fullness you can add psyllium husk for extra fibre.

Taste
Additional Physical Activities Cardio
Side Effects
  • None

beyond horrible

The new recipe (bought box in Jan 2020)has a grainy and gluggy looks and feel. texture
I cannot actually taste lemon in the dessert.
There was a weird chemical aftertaste and off-putting smell when it was mixed. I thought the product was out of date and had gone rancid.

Purchased in January 2020.

J. Carr

J. CarrEyre Peninsula, SA

Actually tastes pretty good! (Chocolate)

I am trying optifast VLCD to make sure Im getting enough protein and nutrients while losing weight. Tried a few flavours but Choclate, Mocha and Chai are the best. Best way to drink it is with crushed ice in a blender. I cant say how many kg its helped me lose as I have also been taking duromine but it keeps me full and an easy meal swop for 1 or 2 meals a day.

Purchased in November 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for $53.00.

Taste
Additional Physical Activities Cardio
Side Effects
  • None
Supermum

SupermumGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Delicious flavour!

This is my favourite flavour. I have it every morning with ice. I mix it in my blender so it tastes just like a frappe without all the calories. I don't strictly follow the program but I do like to have this every morning for breakfast.

Purchased in October 2019 at Pharmacy Online.

Taste
Additional Physical Activities None

Esjaymorgans

EsjaymorgansSydney, NSW

Life Changing

Purchased in October 2019 at Amcal.

Taste
Additional Physical Activities None
Weight LostYes

Chocolate bars new recipe, not nice.

I've been eating these for over 4 years and thoroughly enjoyed them, but the new recipe is just not nice. Please change it back. I used to recommend these to friends but not anymore.

Purchased in September 2019 at Chemist online. for $19.99.

Taste

Great shakes!

Started optifast 3 days ago Got creative and Added some mint to my vanilla optifast shake and also mint to garnish sooo nice and refreshing so I thought I would share

Rob

RobSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great Weight Loss.

I have tried other flavors, soups as ne desserts but I keep coming back to chocolate. I buy it in the 18 sachet box. I find that if I put my water in the freezer 20 minutes before I use it, then it seems to make the shake fluffier and more filling. This has worked wonders with my weight. I have lost 40kgs so far and looking forward to less of me. Thank you Optifast.

Purchased in February 2019 at Terry White Chemmart Physical store for $52.99.

Taste
Additional Physical Activities None
GoldenRetrieverMum

GoldenRetrieverMumSouth East Queensland, QLD

A delicious shake, much better than any competitors

Purchased in November 2018 for $37.00.

Taste
Additional Physical Activities None
geoffrey fulton

geoffrey fultonSouthwest, VIC

Big mistake buying this!

Last thing I wanted to be eating is so much sugar and artificial sugar in this product. Never expected it to be in the product. Partly my mistake by not checking the contents. We know sugar is BAAAAD for us yet they put excess in this product . Tastes horrible sweet. Suggest Atkins shakes... much better!!! Bought two boxes and now throwing them in the bin

Purchased in September 2019 at Chemists Warehouse for $77.00.

Taste
Additional Physical Activities None
GoldenRetrieverMum

GoldenRetrieverMumSouth East Queensland, QLD

My favourite Optifast shake, next to mocha.

I love the taste of the Optifast coffee shake, in fact I look forward to it every morning, the same way I used to look forward to my morning cuppa. I definitely don't find it too sweet. I make it up using 200mls ice cold water plus I throw in about 8 ice cubes, and a teaspoon of Nescafe coffee granules and blitz in a blender. Comes out frothy, creamy and delicious.
I just wish that it was available in a box of 18, like the vanilla and chocolate shakes.
Optifast definitely works, I have lost over 75kg in just under 11 months.

Purchased in September 2019 at Direct Chemist Outlet for $36.99.

Taste
Additional Physical Activities None
Lily B.

Lily B.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Product taste

Ive started only 4 days ago, and find the bars and shakes too sweet.
Im a person who allways craves sweets, but for me too ,its too sweet!
The flavours are great, and satisfying though.

Purchased in September 2019 at Chemist Warehouse Physical Store.

Taste
Vkc

VkcGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Smaller girl and still Very happy!!

Purchased in August 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for $47.99.

Taste
Additional Physical Activities Cardio and Weightlifting

HRM74

HRM74Tasmania, 7051

Optifast Chocolate Bars - NEW RECIPE, more carbs.

I've been using Optifast bars since March 2019 (six months), as part of a medically supervised VLCD with great results (25kg lost). I am disappointed in the recent change in recipe by Optifast to their Chocolate bars. The texture is slightly firmer than the lovely fudge-like bar it used to be and it doesn't taste as sweet as it used to, but more importantly, the carbohydrates have increased from 17.8g to 23.4g per 70g bar. That's 31% more carbs than they used to have. I'm hoping this doesn't effect the results I've been getting, but I will have to monitor the effect closely and look for an alternative - 5.6g is a lot when you are on a strict low-carb intake.

Purchased in August 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for $20.00.

Taste
Additional Physical Activities Cardio
Bec M.

Bec M.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Love it!

I've been using these for a few months now and have lost 2 dress sizes with only replacing one meal a day and eating quite normally for the rest. I've tried all the flavours and they're all really good, but the caramel is my favorite. Some have a slightly bitter aftertaste, but compared with other brands it's really not a big deal. They mix well and have a creamy smooth texture. Sometimes I blend a banana through for variety and it's just like a smoothie. I have not been starving which means that it's realistic for me long term. Will definitely continue with the program.

Purchased in May 2019 at Amcal for $45.00.

Taste
Weight LostYes
BRONWYN

BRONWYNGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

New recipe chocolate bar

I used to love the chocolate bar but the new recipe is horrible. Pity because the originals were a great meal replacement. On par with the soup. Won't be buying these again.

Purchased in August 2019.

Taste
Rose

RoseNsw

Tasty and sustainable weight loss program

I have been using the products for 5 days, I'm a busy mum also working but have not experienced the fatigue or hunger I was dreading. I alternate coffee and chocolate shakes, add lots of ice and blend with instant coffee.I have actually been eating more veggies on this program than I normally would. Also feel the weight falling off. I know this is sustainable for me. Check out the opticook website for recipe ideas - there is a lot you can have with the allowed veggies.

Purchased in July 2019 at Chemist Warehouse.

Tastes horrible

I’ve tried the chicken soup and the variety bars
The chicken soup tastes like uncooked flour and is absolutely horrible I’ve followed the instructions to the tee and even tried to boil it to get rid of the uncooked flour taste which was against the recommendation but it’s just a dreadful taste either way
The bars are so sweet and stodgy I cant believe they are a weight loss food Im not a sweet tooth person so I don’t like them

Purchased in May 2019 for $40.00.

Weight LostNo change