Optifast VLCD

Chocolate, Coffee, Vanilla, etc...

ginny

ginnyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Tastless AF - the Optifast Protein Plus Shake Coffee

The normal coffee one tastes nice but the extra protein one is tasteless - i love all of their shakes (except chai) - you need to add more flavour otherwise it would be good - it does fill you for longer and ive had WLS - doing this to help maintain weight lostt

Purchased in April 2021 for $48.00.

Crystal

Crystal Perth, WA

Think outside the box and plan

I tried optifast 20 years ago yes I lost weight I'm on the intensive 3 products program prior to surgery they are great.
Chocolate mouse add a teaspoon of coffee powder then blitz it tastes amazing
Use the chicken or tomato soup as a base to make soup with the vegetables allowed... add fresh herbs cracked pepper chilli ... very tasty...add stock cubes to add flavour.... roast vegetables first make a soup... endless things to make.... divide the chocolate mouse in small cups/jars to grab n go....
Put the cappuccino bars in a food processor divide up a little on bottom of jars then top with choc/coffee mouse..yummy
If you not used to the artificial flavours they are there some do get a reaction

Purchased in March 2021.

FEE79

FEE79South East Queensland, QLD

my tips and experience.

Purchased in February 2021.

Jen

JenSydney, NSW

Be careful of side effects

I bought a multipack to try some different flavours. I first tried the coffee flavour, which smelled terrible and tasted just as bad. I didn't feel great after. Then Vanilla, which was a little more palatable, but found I felt ill afterwards and had a bit of a headache. Left it a day, then tried Strawberry, which was a bit better than Vanilla. However, I felt nauseous, tired and had a headache again, which I hardly ever get. I was having an allergic reaction to the Phenylalanine

Purchased in February 2021 for $31.00.

Marina E.

Marina E.Sydney, NSW

When you give your all, it works!!!!

I’ve tried the whole range. I was on Optifast for 12 weeks and lost 23 kilos! The first week was the hardest but I got use to it. Now I’m learning to maintain and use the bars when I’m on the go.

Purchased in September 2019.

A.DAdelaide

AVOID AT ALL COSTS

I was recommended Optifast over the other known brand for being a much better choice if I could afford twice the cost.
I started in the other brand (2 meal replacements) and dropped 1.5kg in the 1st 5 days without side effects and not feeling hungry.

The moment I started on 2 meal replacements on Optifast not only I didn't lose any further weight but i got ravenously hungry, headaches, back pains, bad bloating and put on weight half a kg in 3 days.

Save yourself your money, don't waste your efforts and go hungry with this another Nestle useless product but find a better alternative.

Purchased in January 2021 at Chemist Warehouse Physical Store for $48.49.

Dyllon

DyllonWestern District, VIC

Chicken Soup Terrible

1st time tried Optifast as I read reviews on how effective it was. I decided to try the Chicken soup instead as I like chicken soup but Optifast chicken soup is terrible sorry :( I had 3 spoons and honestly I can't take anymore as makes me feel wanna puke.

Purchased in January 2021 at Chemist Warehouse for $26.00.

koala_bear21

koala_bear21Hunter Region, NSW

Works for me .

I have been using optifast for 10 weeks now .I have lost 14 kg this all being over the Christmas and New year period.I love the chocolate shakes and the lemon dessert tastes exactly like the old Kentucky fried lemon cheesecake that was my all time favourite. A friend of mine put me onto this as he has lost over 24 kg in his weight loss journey. I will admit I have not followed it fully and have cheated as well but I guess it's working still .

Purchased in November 2020 for $50.00.

Nat

NatSydney

Love the taste of Optifast & it works 13kg lost so far.

I have tried Optifast Chocolate, Strawberry & Banana Shakes. Optifast Chocolate & Berry Bars. Optifast Chocolate & Lemon Desserts.

I love the Chocolate Shakes, Desserts & Bars the best.

Best tasting products, I tried other Shakes & didn't like any but the Optifast ones.

I lost over 13kg in 8-9 weeks & I just love them & I'm still using the products.

I didn't really expect it to work as good as it did or as quickly or taste so nice, but was very happy.

Jenny

JennySydney, NSW

Fantastic for weight loss, in my experience.

I've tried chocolate, vanilla and coffee, good taste all of them and quick results. What I don't get is why are there 18 sachets when there used to be 21?

Purchased in July 2014 for $50.00.

Raj V

Raj VSydney

Not easy but it works if you stick to it

I have been on the very low calorie diet as part of a clinical trial to put my diabetes into remission. With GP and dietician supervision, have gone off my diabetes and blood pressure tablets over the last 5 weeks. I have lost 12.5 kilos in just over 5 weeks. I am only having shakes (coffee and choc mainly, although have tried the assorted pack) and bars (choc and coco and berry), plus two small bowls of low starch veges. The willpower to stick to it Is hard, but to see the weight coming so regularly is worth it. I have not changed my exercise routine, which has been regular walking for many years.

Update - after 13 weeks I have lost 20kg!

Purchased in November 2020.

Taste

Lifesaving and my best friend

I have been on this wonderful program for exactly 6 weeks I started at 105 kg I am not down to 97 kg I am not exercising due to recovering from cellulitis I was in hospital and on antibiotics but I am still doing the program . Choclate vanilla and strawberry are my favourite the rest I can leave them . The vegetable soup I didn’t like I haven’t tried the others the bars and deserts are lovely This is a lifesaver this product I want to stay on intensive forever lol

Purchased in December 2020.

Shazza

ShazzaPerth, WA

Lovely Taste

I thought this programme would be horrible.
The vanilla shakes are light, not too sweet and are fantastic to have for breakfast.
The chocolate bars taste almost identical to the old space food sticks which I loved and miss.
The lemon dessert, OMG. I will be using these long after the weight is gone. Refreshing, light lemony taste feels like you're being naughty by eating it.
Wish I had of tried these long ago.

Purchased in November 2020 at Priceline for $102.00.

Cassieo

CassieoNorth Western Region, NSW

Made me sick like having allergic reaction and wiped me out for whole day.

Purchased in September 2020 at Priceline for $262.00.

BanjoPaterson

BanjoPatersonYarralumla 2600, ACT

Satisfactory Results

Purchased in October 2020.

Amber

AmberSydney Surrounds, NSW

Great

I have tried different shakes in the past I was on fat blaster for a while but they made me hungry I’ve been doing optifast for my second day now and they don’t make me hungry I’ve been doing a shake for breakfast lunch and dinner with 2 litres of water and a bowl of veggies and I have a coffee a night with full cream milk I want to lose 20 or more kilos the coffee flavour is really nice it’s like a normal coffee after I’ve finished the coffee I’m going to buy all the flavours. They are so nice can’t wait to try the different flavours

Purchased in November 2020 at Coles for $51.00.

Additional Physical ActivitiesSport
Side Effects
  • None
Star

StarSydney, NSW

First day

Today is my Day 1, I weighed 83.4 kg.
I want to lose 20 kg.

I am happy with the taste.

I will keep you guys updated on my weight loss progress.

Purchased in October 2020.

Lexiegr8

Lexiegr8Silver City

Follow the recommendations and it works

Purchased in October 2020 at Chemist Warehouse for $33.99.

MISTIRIO

MISTIRIOVictoria

Started 3 weeks ago on intensive level ive lost 11 kgs so far with no exercise. My goal is to lose another 60kgs.

Banana coffee shakes chocolate lemon deserts chicken soup capuccino bars are very nice and filling. Optifast works different on many people. I can only tell you my results. Cannot compare myself to others.

Mickw22

Mickw22South West, WA

Best I’ve tried

I’ve tried tony Ferguson, man shake, celebrity slim and optifast is by far the tastiest and good value for money. Coffee is my favourite flavour. I use 300mil of cold water.

Purchased in September 2020 at Terry White Chemists for $36.99.

Lidia S.

Lidia S.asked

VLCD

Hi, I am following the intensive phase of the plan @ 800 calories. I am entering everything I eat/drink into a calorie diary that lists the item's carbs, protein, sodium sugar, fibre etc.
Always am below 50g of carb a day.
Never exceed 800 cals.
I am aware that you recommend only 30ml skim milk in this phase of the plan - would like to understand why?
Is it okay to include dairy, so long as you stay within the 800 cals, 50g carbs limit?
Thanks, Lidia

Glorianne C.

Glorianne C.asked

VLCD

Can the non starchy vegetables be steamed slightly or blanched? Makes them a little softer when eating.

Lizel

Lizelasked

VLCD

Is it safe to consume optifast after expiration date. I have 27 sachets and need to go back to taking it but unsure of the safety of expiration. The oldest is Sept 2019. It has been sitting in the box unopened in pantry in container.

A.D

I can't personally answer that from my experience but my mate says that Chemist Warehouse employees sometimes receive these for free when near their expiration date. Also as a general rule of thumb like with any medication they're still safe after their expiration date. Not sure about the efficiency being affected. If the sachets have been preserved in a cool place I personally try one at a time and see what I feel like. Also from my personal experience I've been using an old expired tube of Bepanthen since 2012. Works nearly as good when new. However this being food is be a bit more cautious and try one, then a second one. There's nothing in them that would turn poisonous, worst you could get would be minor effects. My opinion.

Compare all 8 Optifast VLCD
CategoryWeight Loss DrinksWeight Loss DrinksWeight Loss DrinksWeight Loss Drinks
Product TypeMeal ReplacementMeal ReplacementMeal ReplacementMeal Replacement
Dietary NeedsGluten freeGluten freeGluten freeGluten free
Compare all 8 Optifast VLCD