Optifast VLCD

Optifast VLCD

Banana, Caramel, Chai, Chocolate, Coffee and 3 more

The best I have tried so far

Only thing is its expensive.
Best flavors chocolate and banana. Worst Coffee.
Very filling and tastes good.
Mixes well. Doesn't need milk which is convenient.
Has low sugar compared to other brands which is a plus for weigh loss.

Purchased in November 2018 at Pharmacy Online for $39.99.

Taste
Additional Physical Activities Cardio
Weight LostNo change

Awful flavour - tastes like chemicals

I bought a box of chocolate shakes yesterday and had my first sachet today, it tasted absolutely horrible. It burnt my throat and tasted like chemicals. Don’t waste your money!

Purchased in March 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for $49.95.

Taste
Additional Physical Activities None

Major results; decent flavors

Because this is about weightloss, I think some generic background info is necessary. I'm a 29 year old, 151cm tall female with an underactive thyroid who struggles to lose weight even when exercising regularly and eating healthy and small portions. My starting weight on 25-march-2019 was 109.6kg, and my goal weight is 60kg. I am NOT currently exercising.

In week one I have lost 3.4 kg on the intensive program, which is truly unheard of for me. I was hoping for at least 1kg and my expectations were surpassed.

I have tried the vanilla and chai shakes, the chicken and vegetables soups, and the cereal bar. I like all of them, but my favorites are the vanilla shake and the vegetable soup. The chicken soup is passable for me, but I agree it has a strange after flavor that could be difficult for some to get used to. It's like lemon myrtle or something. It doesn't quite go. But luckily the vegetable soup is actually amazing. I don't eat chocolate or drink coffee, so it's doubtful I'll ever try the other flavors.

I found a great method is blending ice into the shake to make it a treat and boiling my 2 cups of veggies and putting them in the soup. It's really easy to stick to because you don't have to prep and cook, and it's easy to get into a groove. I experienced hunger on the 3rd and 4th day mainly, but the other days were manageable. And it is getting easier and easier. I have test strips to check, and I am definitely in ketosis.

I would 100% recommend this to you if you want a large burst of weight loss without much heavy planning and exercise. I will update on week 4, week 8, week 12 etc until I've lost most of my weight. I think it's really important to have as much information as possible about how this product works in the later stages as well.

Purchased in March 2019 at Chemist Warehouse.

Taste
Additional Physical Activities None

Love it

I finally took the leap and started last week .. I’ve been real strict with myself and tbh very proud also I started the week at 139kg Monday morning I weighed myself on the same scales ( I work at a medical clinic and the scales get tested all the time ) 131 kg Friday night ... I know I won’t get that result again but super motivating for me which I need . Massive loss loving it so far

Purchased in March 2019 at Chemist Warehouse Online Store for $34.99.

Weight LostYes

New coffee formula tastes awful

I’m a long time user of the coffee flavoured shake. It was my favourite.
I noticed this week that this particular shake tasted sickeningly sweet. The flavour is unpalatable to me.

Purchased in February 2019.

Good Product - Shockingly bad Support

The product is excellent. So far i have lost 51% of my goal weight and I am still going. Great Flavours, Fair density and flavours. I am however extremely disappointed with the Optifast web support to manage your weight loss. The general information is brilliant, e.g. Recipes, stories etc., But your own program, graphs, even customer support - extremely poor. The system changes numbers at will. Customer Support believes support is answering a call, but having no knowledge. Such opposites to the product itself. The support and website - extremely poor.

Purchased in February 2019 at Chemist Australia for $5.95.

Taste
Additional Physical Activities Cardio
Weight LostYes

Chicken soup tastes like rancid greasy vomit.

The shakes are, useable barley palatable but if you drink them quickly you can get them down, bars have a horrible after taste especially the cereal one. Bought the chicken soup for a change it is absolutely foul, even the dog wouldn't eat it, tasted like rancid rotten greasy vomit ..Will stick to the vanilla shake. The shakes do at least work I lost 2.5 kgs in a week just replacing brekky with a shake.

Tasted sickly sweet like aspartame the chocolate shake

I brought a whole box from chemist warehouse I didn’t notice aspartame in the ingredient list, I drank one for breakfast it was sickly sweet and made feel sick in the stomach very artificial will be throwing the box out.

I Love Optifast

I’ve tried all of the shakes and they’re all amazing! These are the best tasting weight loss shakes I’ve tried. I’m in intensive 1 and I’ve noticed a massive change in my weight in a week! I love this diet and I strongly recommend it for weight loss & taste.
Very happy!!!

Don't waste your money on the chicken soup

The chicken soup is foul, the soup was so disgusting I almost gave up on trying anything else, however i'm glad I didn't.
The coffee shake I find the best added with cold water, bars are great easy to eat while on my way to work
The dessert is pretty good, both the lemon and chocolate best mixed with cold water poured into a bowl then in the freezer for 20-25 minutes.

Good product

My GP suggested it stating it was supported by research unlike other meal replacements.
I bought the chocolate flavoured shake (18 sachets) from Chemist Warehouse when it was on special. The flavour was very nice and it had a thick consistency. I had it as a breakfast replacement. I was impressed that it filling.

The chicken soup is foul

I bought the chicken soup and vanilla shake.
The soup was so disgusting I’ve given the lot away. I won’t even try the vanilla.
Heartily disgusted with this product.

Excellent Product

I personally only used the vanilla, not a fan of chocolate anything. Found it quick easy and convenient. Was able to add flavoured Mio to change it up. Achieved the result I was looking for. Thank you.

Awful taste DON’T WASTE YOUR MONEY

I have tried Expresso thought coffee flavour will be nice but it was disgusting

WOW!

4 days on the VLCD. 30 mins walking at 4.5km an hour on the treadmill, 3 shakes and 2 cups of veggies a day, 3L of water.

Tuesday night 140.6KG, Friday Morning 137.2KG. I cant stress enough to weigh yourself EVERY DAY. it is super motivating. and can see instant results. I dont even get hungry now. Absolutely amazing. Cant wait to update at the end of each week.

Definitely changed the recipes

I’ve been on Optifast before and like the taste. But now back on it again and they aren’t nearly as palatable. Think I’ll go to Optislim next time, very similar in ingredients.

Works but you’ve got to stick to it

I’ve been on and off optifast for over a month now and it’s a great program if you can get through the first week. It’s definitely tough but 100% works if you stick to it. The only problem I seem to have is some of the products give me heart burn.

Great Shakes & Bars - Terrible Soup

Under the supervision of my doctor and dietitian, I've been on the intensive Optifast level diet for two months now and lost 18.5kg. The shakes and bars are great, but the soup is disgusting!

Great consistent weight loss results

I started with approximately 60kg’s to lose, I have been doing the 12 week intensive program for 8 weeks now. I weigh myself every 3 weeks, and at my last weigh-in was down 13kgs, (in 6 weeks - with very little exercise). My thighs are also 7cm smaller on each thigh which is so great.
It was hard to start with, the first week I struggled with Keto-flu, the second week I really struggled with hunger and the third week I struggled with a bad taste in my mouth all the time.
I find the chocolate, mocha, strawberry and banana flavours are my favourites. I’ve tried the vegetable soup and hated it. The desserts are OK, but not my fave. I’m waiting for my next shipment to arrive to try the bars.
A strategy I have in place for sticking to it is taking a before photo, and a progress photo at each weigh in, the change in appearance is super motivating. I already look so much better and my clothes which were once too small, are now too big.
It’s not easy, but it is absolutely worth it, and it works if you stick to it!

UPDATE: i’ve Now lost 20kg’s in 9 weeks using this product, have lost 32cm off my waist and 25cm off my hips.

November 18th 2018 Update: Excellent Product

This product really WORKS! I have lost 25KG (55lb) in 12 weeks doing the 12 week intensive program.
Not only this, but I have lost 32cm from my waist, 25cm off my hips, 20cm off my breasts, 10cm off each thigh and 6cm off each arm. I’ve gone from a size 22 to a size 16 and most importantly my blood pressure has gone from being consistently over 160 systolic to around 130 systolic.
I feel so much healthier!
I have tried both flavours of the desserts and I liked them. I also have tried the bars and love both flavours, but use them as a treat only.
I love the Banana, Strawberry, Mocha and Chocolate flavoured shakes.
I didn’t like caramel or Vanilla much, but still can tolerate them.
This product is changing my life as I now transition through the other levels of the program (Active 2 and Active 1).

Chocolate dessert

I used to buy the chocolate desserts as they were delicious. They have now changed the formula and quite frankly it now tastes disgusting. I don’t understand why they would alter a good thing.