Optifast VLCD

Optifast VLCD

Chicken soup tastes like rancid greasy vomit.

The shakes are, useable barley palatable but if you drink them quickly you can get them down, bars have a horrible after taste especially the cereal one. Bought the chicken soup for a change it is absolutely foul, even the dog wouldn't eat it, tasted like rancid rotten greasy vomit ..Will stick to the vanilla shake. The shakes do at least work I lost 2.5 kgs in a week just replacing brekky with a shake.

Tasted sickly sweet like aspartame the chocolate shake

I brought a whole box from chemist warehouse I didn’t notice aspartame in the ingredient list, I drank one for breakfast it was sickly sweet and made feel sick in the stomach very artificial will be throwing the box out.

I Love Optifast

I’ve tried all of the shakes and they’re all amazing! These are the best tasting weight loss shakes I’ve tried. I’m in intensive 1 and I’ve noticed a massive change in my weight in a week! I love this diet and I strongly recommend it for weight loss & taste.
Very happy!!!

Don't waste your money on the chicken soup

The chicken soup is foul, the soup was so disgusting I almost gave up on trying anything else, however i'm glad I didn't.
The coffee shake I find the best added with cold water, bars are great easy to eat while on my way to work
The dessert is pretty good, both the lemon and chocolate best mixed with cold water poured into a bowl then in the freezer for 20-25 minutes.

Good product

My GP suggested it stating it was supported by research unlike other meal replacements.
I bought the chocolate flavoured shake (18 sachets) from Chemist Warehouse when it was on special. The flavour was very nice and it had a thick consistency. I had it as a breakfast replacement. I was impressed that it filling.

The chicken soup is foul

I bought the chicken soup and vanilla shake.
The soup was so disgusting I’ve given the lot away. I won’t even try the vanilla.
Heartily disgusted with this product.

Excellent Product

I personally only used the vanilla, not a fan of chocolate anything. Found it quick easy and convenient. Was able to add flavoured Mio to change it up. Achieved the result I was looking for. Thank you.

Awful taste DON’T WASTE YOUR MONEY

I have tried Expresso thought coffee flavour will be nice but it was disgusting

WOW!

4 days on the VLCD. 30 mins walking at 4.5km an hour on the treadmill, 3 shakes and 2 cups of veggies a day, 3L of water.

Tuesday night 140.6KG, Friday Morning 137.2KG. I cant stress enough to weigh yourself EVERY DAY. it is super motivating. and can see instant results. I dont even get hungry now. Absolutely amazing. Cant wait to update at the end of each week.

Definitely changed the recipes

I’ve been on Optifast before and like the taste. But now back on it again and they aren’t nearly as palatable. Think I’ll go to Optislim next time, very similar in ingredients.

Works but you’ve got to stick to it

I’ve been on and off optifast for over a month now and it’s a great program if you can get through the first week. It’s definitely tough but 100% works if you stick to it. The only problem I seem to have is some of the products give me heart burn.

Great Shakes & Bars - Terrible Soup

Under the supervision of my doctor and dietitian, I've been on the intensive Optifast level diet for two months now and lost 18.5kg. The shakes and bars are great, but the soup is disgusting!

Great consistent weight loss results

I started with approximately 60kg’s to lose, I have been doing the 12 week intensive program for 8 weeks now. I weigh myself every 3 weeks, and at my last weigh-in was down 13kgs, (in 6 weeks - with very little exercise). My thighs are also 7cm smaller on each thigh which is so great.
It was hard to start with, the first week I struggled with Keto-flu, the second week I really struggled with hunger and the third week I struggled with a bad taste in my mouth all the time.
I find the chocolate, mocha, strawberry and banana flavours are my favourites. I’ve tried the vegetable soup and hated it. The desserts are OK, but not my fave. I’m waiting for my next shipment to arrive to try the bars.
A strategy I have in place for sticking to it is taking a before photo, and a progress photo at each weigh in, the change in appearance is super motivating. I already look so much better and my clothes which were once too small, are now too big.
It’s not easy, but it is absolutely worth it, and it works if you stick to it!

UPDATE: i’ve Now lost 20kg’s in 9 weeks using this product, have lost 32cm off my waist and 25cm off my hips.

November 18th 2018 Update: Excellent Product

This product really WORKS! I have lost 25KG (55lb) in 12 weeks doing the 12 week intensive program.
Not only this, but I have lost 32cm from my waist, 25cm off my hips, 20cm off my breasts, 10cm off each thigh and 6cm off each arm. I’ve gone from a size 22 to a size 16 and most importantly my blood pressure has gone from being consistently over 160 systolic to around 130 systolic.
I feel so much healthier!
I have tried both flavours of the desserts and I liked them. I also have tried the bars and love both flavours, but use them as a treat only.
I love the Banana, Strawberry, Mocha and Chocolate flavoured shakes.
I didn’t like caramel or Vanilla much, but still can tolerate them.
This product is changing my life as I now transition through the other levels of the program (Active 2 and Active 1).

Chocolate dessert

I used to buy the chocolate desserts as they were delicious. They have now changed the formula and quite frankly it now tastes disgusting. I don’t understand why they would alter a good thing.

Follow the Diet strictly, reaps great rewards.

Despite being owned by a massive multi-national that produces a range of high calorie foods (ie- Allan’s lollies & Kit Kat chocolate), Nestle have pioneered a great product range that really does support weight loss.

The Optifast shakes whilst more expensive than other products on the market, are more nutritious and contain a larger volume per sachet. The taste and consistency of the shakes are quite pleasant to drink and do a reasonable job of curbing the appetite although the first 4 days of taking the shakes is always the hardest.

I lost 9 kilos in the first 4 weeks of taking the optifast shakes, by substituting 2 out of 3 meals with the shakes alongside a low calorie meal once per day.

Why did they change?

I agree. I lost ten kg and used both the chocolate and lemon for years but I had to throw the new boxes I bought out. They have gone from pleasant to disgusting. Please bring back the old flavours.

Optifast Dessert Chocolate Mousse new recipe is awful

The old Optifast Chocolate Mousse was what kept me on track as it satisfied my chocolate cravings!
I used it for years & still enjoyed it.

This new recipe I cannot stand. It leaves an awful taste in your mouth that doesn't seem to go away. Why change something that was working well?

Bring back the old recipe! I wont be buying this again unless it changes.

Great shakes + bars

Love the products, especially the banana flavoured shake. I am getting good results 5 kg in 3 weeks. However, I wished the chicken soup had some flavour, namely chicken as it is very bland.

Sickly sweet

I have tried the vanilla and chocolate. I find them very sweet and the sweetness over rides the chocolate or vanilla flavour.
I tried optifast many years ago and thought they were better back then, less sweet more flavour?
Maybe I am wrong?
I won’t be finishing the boxes.

Hair loss

Not only did I lose weight I also lost my hair as it fell out in so badly. Optifast needs to look into this no point in being thin & baldy!