Optifast VLCD

Chocolate, Coffee, Vanilla, etc... (See All)
See the Best Weight Loss Drinks in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Optifast? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Nicole Humphries
Nicole HumphriesMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

A great shake!

I have been using Optifast shakes on and off for three years. Mocha and chocolate are the best for flavour. The shake is very satisfying and staves off hunger. Have tried a few other brands and this definitely appeals the best to my taste buds. Used correctly, this is an excellent weight loss programme.

Purchased for $48.

LouiseSydney, NSW

I cannot believe they use aspartame !

I became addicted to the chocolate desserts, I was needing them 3 times a day, then I looked into the ingredients, I have had to ween myself off these products. They are utterly dangerous ! Dont use them, in this day and age, I cannot believe that they use aspartame which is a disease maker. Get with the times Nestle !! And so expensive !

Purchased at Hear For Less for $48.

Sally
SallyNelson

Too sweet

This caramel shake is far too sweet compared to vita diet caramel shake, not impressed with the chicken soup either found it very gritty and not tasty at all so will stick to vita diet from now on

ads1212
ads1212Sydney, NSW

Safe and good taste very low calorie diet. Use with an additional diet plan.

Well I know that its ingredients are comprehensive and suitable for a VLCD. IMO the choc flavour is great too. The only side effect I get is that my mouth is sometimes a tiny bit dry after drinking- but I simply drink the correct level of what after.

Purchased in at Chemist Warehouse for $52.

Find out how Optifast VLCD compares to other Weight Loss Drinks

Vomit in a drink, can’t even stomach. So disappointed as was expensive and I was keen to commit to it. Dreadful product.

I tried chocolate, coffee and vanilla and they were truly revolting and inedible. These are usually my favourite flavours too so not very hopeful for the other flavours being any better.

Taste

Tastes good, must try if you like coffee

I bought the Coffee flavour without reading any reviews and just because I like to have coffee in the morning and thought why not have a coffee flavoured shake instead. Once I got back home I read some past reviews and was literally on the verge of returning it back as I was stunned reading such negative responses. I still gave it a try, and to be honest, its not coffee or a Frappe but it isnt bad tasting either. I make it with exactly 200 mls of cold water and I am going to buy this flavour again. Do give it a try!

Purchased in for $40.

Taste

Tastes vile, nothing like coffee

Tried coffee flavour for something different. Absolutely vile. It tastes like burnt sugar. Very hard to stomach. Makes me feel sick just thinking about drinking the rest. Will stick to vanilla from now on.

Taste

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales

Lani W.
Lani W.Sydney, NSW

It was ok

This was ok
The taste was much sweeter than I thought. I've since found many other ways of dieting with intermittent fasting and other ways to make my own drinkable meals. This works out a very lazy and expensive alternative to maybe watching what I'm putting in my body. I guess the ingredients are good for those who are looking to get the nutrients they need in a shake meal.

Chose another brand

Wayyyy too sugary! Insanely sweet taste, way too sweet even for someone with a sweet tooth. Health drink? Literally look at the sugar intake oh my god. I also read a lot of reviews about constipation but had already bought them and didn’t think much of it... here we are on day 4 of constipation. Seems to be super common with this brand. Never had that with OptiSlim. Only gave two stars as once watered down they were semi bearable.

Purchased in for $42.

Kodi L.
Kodi L.Sydney, NSW

Great shakes

Love these shakes,I've tried many other products and optifast is by far the best tasting, I lost 20kg with theses shakes they are great meal replacements keeping you full,add excerise and eliminate sugar and optifast helps you get to that goal

Purchased at Priceline for $50.

patchworklizzie
patchworklizziePerth, WA

Disgusting

I couldn't eat it. Shocking after-taste.
Even the dog turned her nose up at it.
I had an op and needed a supplement.
Certainly puts you off food so you would lose weight!

Purchased in at Chemist Warehouse for $25.

Additional Physical Activities None
FC
FCPerth, WA

New Optifast Coffee Protein Plus - total fail!

I have been drinking the Optifast Coffee flavour for around 4 years and always liked it. Had my last sachet of the previous formula yesterday. What a disappointment when I tried to have my usual breakfast this morning. The new flavour is undrinkable! The smell is horrible and nothing like coffee at all. The artificial sweetener is so overpowering and leaves a bad taste. I'm returning the rest of the pack to the pharmacy today. Definitely won't be buying this again.

Undrinkable

My dietician warned me that it might not taste good and to ensure I prepare the product with chilled water.

Well, I bought, unfortunately, a shake (strawberry)and soup (tomato) multi serve packets. Both were so unpleasant that I could only swallow a couple of sips before tossing them away.

Advice- if you’ve never used it before, sample this product by buying a single serve option rather than the multi serve size carton. I think dieticians should suggest this when advising use of this product.

If I can, I will try to return all the unused packets I have for a refund- 6 soups and 20 shakes.

Purchased in at Chemist Warehouse.

Valerie Long
Valerie LongSydney, NSW

New coffee Optifast is terrible!! Would not buy again.

I have tried all flavours in original. Only coffee in new version. On its taste & conisistency would not buy again.
I had no issues with adding extra protein powder to original recipe.
Have been using original Optifast for 5 years.

Purchased in at Chemist Warehouse Physical Store.

Renate H
Renate HSydney Surrounds, NSW

Easy to lose weight

I started using Optifast 2 weeks ago and have lost about 2.5 kg. I love the taste of vanilla and mocha. I find the shake is filling and satisfying. I follow the diet recommendation, breakfast - just the shake, lunch - the shake and a salad, dinner protein and veges. There's a dollop of cottage cheese, a glass of milk and 1 piece of fruit. I found the shakes have minimised my craving for the wrong types of food and the weight loss has put me onto the path of weight loss.

Purchased in at Chemist Direct for $34.

Ronistar B.
Ronistar B.asked
Caramel

Hi how long can I stay on the optifast. I'm doing one shake or soup day and two heathy meals. Just taking ir slow.

Louise

I wouldn't stay on too long as it has fake sugars that are toxic and dangerous, unlike stevia etc. Not sure why they use aspartame. I was shocked they use it. As that can cause all kinds of serious disease

Arzum C.
Arzum C.asked
Chai

Is this a spicy or vanilla chai flavour?

Winiata U.
Winiata U.asked
VLCD

Can I use Optifast after expiry date and how long after.

About OptiFast VLCD Shakes

OptiFast states that its VLCD Shakes are part of a nutritionally complete dietary program that’s also a very low-calorie diet program. This means that they can be relied upon as a sole source of nutrition, if you were to replace them for every meal - breakfast, lunch and dinner.

However, this may not suit everyone, and if you’re unsure if this can be sustained, or if having three shakes to replace all your meals is healthy for you, consult a GP or nutritionist before buying.

These shakes come in 8 flavours, which are: vanilla, chocolate, coffee, caramel, banana, strawberry, chai, and mocha. The shakes are also available in an assorted shake pack, which contains different flavours. They're available to purchase in either a 12-pack or an 18-pack.

The OptiFast VLCD shakes contain animal products, including skimmed milk powder, milk proteins and fish oil. This means they’re not suitable for vegetarians and vegans.

Compare all 8 Optifast VLCD
CategoryWeight Loss DrinksWeight Loss DrinksWeight Loss DrinksWeight Loss Drinks
Product TypeMeal ReplacementMeal ReplacementMeal ReplacementMeal Replacement
Dietary NeedsGluten freeGluten freeGluten freeGluten free
Compare all 8 Optifast VLCD