The Man Shake

Chocolate, Banana, Vanilla, etc...

• Additional Physical Activities
    • None (37)
    • Cardio (35)
    • Sport (17)
    • Weightlifting (14)
  • Taste
  • Side Effects
    • None (19)
    • Mild side effects (4)
    • Poor mental health (1)
    • Short-term physical illness (1)
    • Long term physical illness (1)
  • Weight Lost
    • No change (14)
    • No, gained weight (1)
Brad Thomas

Brad ThomasSydney, NSW

Awesome Product

Awesome product. I would recommend this to all. Give it a go. I just started 3 weeks ago & have lost over 5 kilos. I just ordered again and I am looking forward to losing more weight.

Purchased in March 2020 for $199.00.

Taste
Additional Physical Activities Sport
Side Effects
  • None

Tomas A.

Tomas A.Sydney, NSW

Excellent product, great taste

I have been drinking the Man Shake Vegan for over two months now and find the taste to be much better than other shakes. Also, I have no bloating or discomfort associated with dairy. I am losing weight gradually and couldn't be happier. Highly recommend.

Purchased in January 2020.

Taste
Additional Physical Activities Cardio and Weightlifting

Awesome news Tomas. So glad you are doing so well. TMS

Andrew B.Canberra Central 2602, ACT

Starting to notice the difference.

I purchased the variety 10 pack, which has chocolate, Banana, strawberry, vanilla and coffee. I've been having two a day, the first at 10 am and the second at midday. I have a snack in the afternoon of fruit or nuts, than a healthy dinner. I got the shakes as I was feeling fat and making bad choices with food like chocolate bars and coke. I find it easy knowing I have it ready to go so I am not tempted to eat rubbish. After 4 days, I am sleeping better, waking up refreshed. My wife has noticed that I look better already. It's good motivation to keep going. It's an easy change, it tastes nice and the variety pack gives you a change in what you have each day. I'm glad I gave it a try.

Purchased in March 2020 at Coles for $35.00.

Taste
Additional Physical Activities None
Side Effects
  • None

Roy

RoyMelbourne

Great results

Purchased in January 2020 for $200.00.

Taste
Additional Physical Activities None
Side Effects
  • None

WayneJMelbourne

Nice and found it easy to drink

Have only tried coffee and choc. First time user. Can’t complain. Has a nice taste and does fill you up. Price is high compared to other shakes like VPA. So I wouldn’t buy due to $$R

Purchased in February 2020 at Coles for $36.00.

Taste
Additional Physical Activities Cardio and Weightlifting
Side Effects
  • None
glenn

glennSouth East Queensland, QLD

Man shake waste of money

Was on the man shake for approx 5 months lost around 20 klgs But really lost the weight by 2 hrs walk every day.First $45 is complete rip off unless you are prepared to do exercise every day don't waste your money

Purchased in February 2020 at Blooms chemist for $45.00.

Taste
Additional Physical Activities None
Side Effects
  • None
Ben M.

Ben M.Central West, NSW

It's Working Great for Me!

Started on the Man Shakes with the goal of losing about 30kg. I'm a bachelor who does not enjoy cooking so this is great. Working from home I was always heading for the easiest food options (ie Pie & a Coke for lunch). Man shakes have made it easy for me, 2 shakes a day plus nuts/fruit for snacks and whatever for dinner. Two weeks in and I'm down 4.5kg
They taste great for me. I just have mine with water, no problems with texture etc. Also no problems with gut changes (constipation etc). I'm adding in 30 mins walking a day so I look forward to the results.
Great stuff :)

Purchased in January 2020 for $144.00.

Taste
Side Effects
  • None
Jesse R.The Man Shake

Great start Ben! Hope you have continued success. If you need any help from us along the way please let us know! TMS

Peter

PeterSydney, NSW

Worst Shakes Ever - All Flavours

I tried the The Man Shake Variety 10 Pack from Coles. Not cheap for a variety 10 pack at $36. All of the flavors taste dreadful even with fruit added too them. The worst part there is an unpleasant chemically after taste. There are lots of more palatable shakes out there. Give these ones a miss. I would recommend Optifast shakes, they are still low in sugar, recommended by some doctors, and taste excellent. The other alternative shakes I have tried are the ones offered by the Healthy Weight for Live Program they also taste very good and they have a range of delicious soups as well. Product works, I have lost weight but there are better tasting low sugar options.

Purchased in January 2020 at Coles for $36.00.

Taste
Additional Physical Activities Cardio
Side Effects
  • None
Cisco

CiscoSydney, NSW

Great flavours and health benefits

Have tried all the flavours and I enjoy all of them (coffee being my least fave). As a person trying to lose weight, I appreciate the low carb, sugar and fat levels as well as the high protein (30g per sachet). A box of 10 sachets is also resonably priced at $36.50 from Coles. Would definitely recommend as a suitable breakfast substitute, along with a good exercise regime.

Purchased in January 2020 at Coles Online for $36.50.

Taste
Additional Physical Activities Weightlifting

Jai

JaiGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Works Great

Have been able to lose over 10kg in about 4 months without being to picky with what I eat for dinner or on weekends (I use the shakes Mon - Friday for breakfast and lunch). Can be a bit of a shock at the start but with some dedication was able to make it a routine. Only flavor I haven't enjoyed is Coffee everything else has been great. I plan to keep on using it after reaching my weight goal as it will help me not go back to bad habits. Great product and couldn't be happier I stuck with it.

Purchased in September 2019 for $134.00.

Taste
Additional Physical Activities None
Side Effects
  • None
Fair Dincom

Fair DincomSydney, NSW

Severe Constipation!

I bought the variety pack. I took only one sachet per day for 3 days, so half the recommended amount.
Like another reviewer, suffered severe constipation so I stopped.
Why are there no warnings about this anywhere? There is nothing on the pack itself, nor on the website.
I respect Adam MacDougall but there should be warnings.

Purchased in January 2020 at Coles for $36.00.

Taste
Additional Physical Activities Sport
Side Effects
  • Long term physical illness
  • Mild side effects
  • Poor mental health
ben l.

ben l.Hunter Region, NSW

Really works!

Taste
Additional Physical Activities None
Side Effects
  • None
Paul and Janine

Paul and JanineGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Not bad. But poor marketing from chemist.

Bought this from the local chemist. I spoke to the female attendant and asked her if it come in small trial packs and her response was no. only if you buy a shaker you will get two small packs. One choc mint one coffee. None of which I like...So I fork out $44. for one large bag of chocolate flavored shake. Which is not bad tasting. no weight loss yet ,but it's only a week, so time will tell. Now I get on The Man Shake web site and guess what! They sell a Man Shake Variety Pack. 5 Flavors in a 10 pack. And supermarkets sell the Variety Pack. . my fault for not shopping around.

Purchased in December 2019 for $44.00.

Taste
Additional Physical Activities Cardio
Side Effects
  • Mild side effects
John

JohnLaunceston

Tastes Great and Really Healthy

I originally started on the Vegan Man Shake to lose some weight, like everyone else I guess. I have lost the weight that I set out to lose and now I continue to purchase it (and the Chocolate Greens because they are brilliant) because it has got so much good stuff in it and helps me better regulate my weight. I use it a lot for work lunches because of the convenience, with some store bought vegan muesli bars (no vegan Man Bars yet) and bananas.
It is great that they took the initiative by selling a Vegan option and I hope that it goes well for them.

Taste
Side Effects
  • None
fossicker

fossickerMid West, WA

Plenty of water

I have been on the shake for 4 months, I add 800ml to my shake not the 400 you state, it still has a very strong and yummy taste, ( especially the birthday cake) I have shake for breakfast, chicken and salad wrap for lunch and shake for tea or dinner. I also have your man bar mid morning and mid afternoon. I have lost 6kg but it seams to come off one week then nothing the next week. I did hope for a more rapid loss. It certainly fills me up and I have bags of energy but just wish results were a bit better. Sticking to it for now as it is very satisfying .

Purchased for $220.00.

Taste
Additional Physical Activities None
Side Effects
  • None

Leo

LeoGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Side effects

Purchased about a months worth of product however was not able to stay on it for more than one or two days at a time as it caused severe constipation. Increased my water intake and tried Metamucil but this stuff set like concrete hence no weight loss success for me.

Purchased in October 2019 at 12 Volt Direct Online store for $200.00.

Additional Physical Activities Cardio and Weightlifting
Side Effects
  • Mild side effects
Jesse R.The Man Shake

Sorry to hear this. It can take up to a week for your body to process the change to a high protein diet, dependent on your diet before.
Did you try fish oil tablets? TMS

I love iced coffee .the man shake coffee flavor,at first tasted bland to me but now not so bad .

I been on the man shake now for two weeks, and salads and fish for main meal,I am a type 2 diabetic ,weigh 177 kilos ,and I'm only 5'3. And I feel great I have lost 11 kilos,and counting,it's working for me,nothing else has worked, If you want to loss weight, give it a go, stick with it you will loss weight.

Purchased in December 2019.

Taste
Additional Physical Activities Cardio
Side Effects
  • None
Jesse R.The Man Shake

Awesome work!!! Keep up the great work!

Les GWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Not loosing weight

I have brought 2 months so far and man bars Strawberry, Vanilla, Bannana, Chocolate and enjoyed them all and walk at least 3.5 klms per day with no weight loss

Purchased in November 2019.

Taste
Side Effects
  • None
Jesse R.The Man Shake

Hi Lee. Sorry to hear you are not losing weight. Please send us a three day food diary to customerservice@themanshake.com.au an we will have our dietitians look at this for you

Mathew Johnathon Hanraha

Mathew Johnathon HanrahaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Weight loss eat ya heart out

The man shake is the best for people who are serious about loosing weighti down load the photos later combined my brother and I lost 100kgs very happy with the results.

Purchased in January 2019 at Online for $125.00.

Taste
Additional Physical Activities Sport
Side Effects
  • None

Wow thats amazing! Great work

ROBERT ROSSNorthern Region, NSW

get your kidneys checked

I tried this stuff for 2 months ended up blood in my urine from having to much protein in my diet, so if anyone reading this, and is taking protein shakes, please get your kidneys checked

Purchased in October 2019.

Additional Physical Activities None
Side Effects
  • Short-term physical illness
Jesse R.The Man Shake

Sorry to hear of your troubles. Yes we always advise that you consult with your Local Medical practitioner if you have any side effects from the change in your diet

Stefan S.

Stefan S.asked

Hi, so I know for my body weight and height that my daily calorie intake should be about 2750 maintain, so when I work out at the gym I was told by many nutritionist that I should be at about 2300 - 2500 calories, but when you look at the meal plans you have each day only equal about 1500 for a man, which is pretty low. Shouldn't the shake be higher in calories since it's a meal replacement and not meals are about 4-500 calories per meal ?

Andrew B.

I think the shakes are made so that you have a calorie deficit and that helps you loose weight. I am not a dietitian or nutritionist so you would be best to take the professionals advice.

Hey Stefan,
Adam is a believer in focusing on the nutritional benefits of the foods you are eating and not simple calories.

Calories in a protein like the Man Shake compared to, say carbohydrates in cereal are both going to cause a total different effect on your body, from hormones to metabolic expenditure and your health.

Focus on getting the required (controlled) portions your body needs from the right foods and not calories.

As Andrew mentioned, our meal plans are designed to help loose weight with a calorie deficit with little exercise.

If you follow a meal plan that is about 2300 - 2500 calories, you will be maintaining your muscle mass. Which is why your nutritionist would have suggested this.

In saying this, you can work The Man Shake into any diet/workout plan, regardless of the calories. You can follow a 2300 - 2500 calories meal plan and still loose weight and maintain your muscle mass by the intensity of your gym workouts. (calories in VS calories out)

Check out Adam's blogs for more information:

Frank

Frankasked

What are the ingredients? Is it suitable for type 2 diabetics?

Look on their website.

Jesse R.The Man Shake

We have quite a few diabetics who use our shake due to it's low sugar levels and low GI carbohydrates.

Our Shakes contains just 2.4g of sugar per serve, which is 10x less than some other meal replacement shakes!

It has a focus on low sugar, high protein meals which will be perfect for you to keep your blood sugar stabilised.

Our recommended meal plan is also created by our accredited dietitian with a focus on low sugar, high protein meals which will be perfect for you to keep your blood sugar levels stabilised.

As you know, diabetics need a balance of healthy carbohydrates, good fats and protein which is what our shake is all about to keep blood sugar in the target range.

Aakash S.

Aakash S.asked

If I have it for breakfast and dinner, and not having any Carbs or fat for lunch, would it be possible to lose 7-10 kgs in 30 days. I would also be exercisng or running every day.

WayneJ

You need fruit, vegetables and protein as well.

Jesse R.The Man Shake

Hi Aakash, we do have a guide book that will give you hints and tips to how to take the shake and what to eat for your main meal and snacks. We recommend following a healthy meal plan with good carbs, good fats and high protein. If you need any more information please email customerservice@themanshake.com.au

Get an answer from our members and The Man Shake representatives