OptiSlim VLCD Platinum Shake

OptiSlim VLCD Platinum Shake

Banana, Chocolate, Coffee, Strawberry and Vanilla

See the Best Weight Loss Drinks in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Will never buy again!

I tried this as a cheaper alternative to another brand and I have so many regrets. I bought 4 boxes on special, vanilla, chocolate, banana and strawberry and while they smell nice they taste like brine with added chemicals. not only do they taste revolting, but they don't mix in properly and there's a sludgy sediment in the bottom which puts me in mind of pond scum. I haven't used them long enough to know if they work, and I'm having nightmares about having to finish the rest of the boxes so I don't waste my money. I've been quite hungry on them, which is not an issue I had with the other brand...probably cos most of the shake is still in the bottom of the shaker.

Will definitely never buy this again. I'm going back to the other brand which was working well. You get what you pay for I guess.

Purchased in August 2019 at Chemist Warehouse Physical Store for $32.00.

Taste
Weight LostNo change

Keep at it! It works!

Tried the chocolate flavoured version of this first and it was so disgusting that I had to pinch my nose to drink it so I couldn't smell it. But I stuck with it and lost 11kg in one week using 3 shakes per day as a complete meal replacement. Yes you do feel starving but that only lasts a couple of days until you adjust from a food diet to a liquid diet. My local Chemist Warehouse just started stocking the strawberry flavour and I am pleasantly surprised by how it tastes compared to the other flavours. It's so easy to drink and I don't have to hold my nose anymore. Just started on the strawberry after I put on 6kg from moving house and eating a lot of junk food. After 24 hours I've gone from 64.4kg to 63.2kg. That's 1.2kg lost in one day on these shakes. Don't try other brands that taste good because the reason they taste good is because they have a high sugar content. If you really are serious about losing weight quickly then you can't expect to do it if you don't have to suffer in one way or another a little bit.

Purchased in July 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for $35.00.

Taste
Additional Physical Activities None
Weight LostYes

Don’t buy save your money

Bought two packets of the coffee flavour, as it was on special at chem warehouse today. It is absolutely disgusting and the after taste is like really bad fish. I had the optifast before but thought i’d give optislim a try as it is a lot cheaper, but I guess you get what you pay for. Felt so sick after forcing myself to drink it and still really hungry.
Please save your money and don’t buy it

Purchased in May 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for $65.00.

Taste

Need help

First time trying shakes with my weight loss , I’ve bought the optislim platinum and is disgusting. Is it normal ? I gagged after the first sip , but forced it down anyways. but after today I don’t think I’ll be able to stick to it. Advice how to make it a lot more pleasant to take.

Purchased in March 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for $65.00.

Taste
Additional Physical Activities Cardio
Weight LostNo change

The vanilla flavour is so bad, I will not be buying this again.

I will try banana flavour next and if no luck, then on to another brand. Who passed this in the taste test??? It's disgusting. I wish I could get my money back!

Purchased in March 2019 for $39.99.

Starvation Diet

I compared Optislim Platinum against Optifast, OP is cheaper but each sachet is less than half the anount with OP at 25g and OF at 53g. I found Optislim Platinum to be unfilling, left me hungry, and needed/wanted food a lot faster than Optifast, in fact in the three months using OF i was never tempted to need more food. Im sure OPtislim Platinum works but its a starvation diet and not a realistic diet for a working man.

Purchased in March 2019 at Chemist Warehouse.

Taste
Additional Physical Activities Cardio and Weightlifting

It really does work!

I have been on the Optislim Intensive (3 shakes and veges) program for about 3 weeks now. I haven't slipped up or cheated once in that time and I've lost 6kg! I feel fantastic and lighter all round, the first few days are TOUGH, like really tough you'll wanna quit but once you're over the hump you'll come to actually enjoy it.

I've tried most of the Flavours, the best so far has been the Banana, followed closely by Strawberry.
They are all fairly drinkable, but some have more of a salty aftertaste than others. I bought the Platinums as I prefer something mixed with (Skim) Milk and they're just as good as Optifast, for a fraction of the price!

If you're looking to lose a few kgs to get back into a piece of clothing that's a bit too tight or just feel less bloated and blergh, give Optislim a go!

Love it!

I originally used optislim VLCD 5 years ago with great success.
First off, I just had the shakes and nothing else for 1 month. Hungry but determined.
I did not weigh myself at all because your weight will fluctuate and can be disheartening.
I relied totally on my clothes.
The taste was okay, not fabulous. But hey you cant it expect it to taste like a milkshake it's for weightloss?
After 1 month I had dropped 2 dress sizes.
I then commenced 1 shake for brekkie and another for lunch and a lite n easy meal for dinner (delicious).
After another month, another dress size.
I was goal weight at this size (size 8).
Because I enjoyed it I stayed on the program for another 3 months but lost too much weight.
I then decided to continue with shakes brekkie and lunch and eat whatever for dinner.
Maintained my weight for 3 and a half years.

Last year, some dramas in life and so I fell off the wagon and the weight started to come back on.
1 week ago I have restarted again and will do the whole thing again.
So far I am hungry but determined and the clothes are starting to feel a bit looser.

So far so good!

I have the mixed flavour pack, my favourite is Cafe Latte! Must say so far i have been on for over a week and find it quite easy to have a coffee in morning then a shake for breakfast and a shake for lunch, at least 2 litres of water throughout the day then a proper dinner at night. Already feeling smaller, less bloated and tighter all round. So will continue and see! Love the flavours and taste- easy to drink and actually enjoyable!

Really works, but you have to follow the directions

2 weeks since I started optislim and I have lost 6 kilos!!!! It was way too hard to do just the shakes, the bars have changed my life! They really keep my mind off food for awhile, and the caramel crunch bars are so delicious! I always want another one but then 10 minutes later I forget about it. keeps me full from lunch but usually starving by 6pm. I am having the chocolate shake aswell with skim milk I don’t find too bad. I have not caved. And I haven’t been having my veggies every night. which I know is dangerous. it works so well, but you really need to stick with it and really want it for the maximum results. I honestly didnt expect to lose this much in just 2 weeks! So happy.

love the bananna shake

Hi I have only just started on the banana shakes with skim milk .I really love the taste its just like a milk shake ,so finding that easy .I find my 2 cups of salad not enough so I been have one salad and adding 1 boiled egg I hope that's okay .the first 2 days was a bit hard but now it dos'nt worry me it not an effort. im not having any fruit as for my weight it says no fruit I do miss that as I love my fruit.

well okay I have been doing the shakes for 4 days and weighed myself today was pretty happy I have lose 2 kilo;s in that time really love do it .

Amazing flavour loved this choc mint shake

I have just finished a week of optifast choc mint shakes the taste was sensational mixed with a lot of crushed ice and a little water and blend in blender to like a thick shake/icecream consistency.....yummo will be waiting for Chem warehouse to open tomoz after nightduty....cant get enough of these beautiful shakes

Would recommend as meal replacement

At first, I felt nauseous after drinking this shake. This lasted for about 4 shakes and then it was fine. The taste is really nice mixed with skim milk. Energy received was pretty good. Very filling. Didn’t loose much weight though from it. Tried the vanilla flavour. Was expecting to loose much more weight.

Optislim vlcd platinum

Well tried my first day today and wanted to throw up after tasting the first shake and in no way are they sweet you can barely taste the strawberry flavour it was unpleasant to drink but did it anyway I chose this for my self so I have to stick it out now starting at 101.9 kilo I want to try and reach 70kilos over time will keep you updated

Works well

I’ve just completed a week of using the platinum shakes. I bought the chocolate and coffee flavors and a box of the bars. The bars are disgusting... I found the shakes so much more bearable. At first the shakes do seem very sweet and after 1 sip I was going to throw the whole thing in but I kept drinking and I found it tasted better after that initial sip. What works really well is adding ice so that it’s super cold and drinking it with a straw. I have 3 shakes a day... 9am - 12:30pm - 4pm and then I have a plate of salad or veggies at 7ish. I also drink about 3 - 4 liters of water a day and eat 6 - 8 prunes. I’ve managed to lose 2.8kg in one week. I’ve been doing a 30 minute walk each day. I’m very happy with the results so far... hoping for the same this week!

Awful taste

Tried coffee flavoured Optislim shake as its cheaper than Optifast and an Australian product. While Optislim was more liquid and didn’t have the ‘shake’ consistency of Optifast shakes the worst thing was taste and aftertaste. It was so awful I couldn’t do more than 2 sips before throwing it out and the ‘chemical’ taste lingered on. I could have managed the ‘non shake’ consistency of the drink but the taste of Optislim is unbearable and I’ll be throwing all unused sachets in garbage.

Horrible taste. Too sweet and blah.

Decided to give optislim a go. Have used optifast with success but decided to give this Aussie product a go and also for cheaper option. The coffee shakes are foul and way too sweet. Don't know if I can stomach this every day.

Bland taste

Tried coffee and chocolate and absolutely hated the shakes. Chomped on opti choc bars instead. The bar goes well with tea or coffee and can be eaten through the day.

Great so far!

Week one down, and 3.6 kilos down.. I have only tried the chocolate so far, blends well in a shaker bottle, tastes great and keeps me full until the next one! Would recommend :)

Add to it...

Hi, I have just started my first week. To my breakfast shake I blend frozen blueberries, a frozen banana, 1/2 cup of oats with skim milk. Keeps the hunger away. 3L water a day.
I'm 54 and this has helped me not feel bloated etc. Will update as time goes on.