Optimum Appliances 9400 1st Generation

• Product is used
  • Safety
Cameron O.

Cameron O.Sydney, NSW

A great product with great customer service to back it up!

We have purchased both an Optimum 600 juicer and Optimum 9400 blender from Froothie and both products have been superb and used on a daily basis for many, many years.

The blender is astoundingly strong and can blend pretty much anything.

In this day and age, both great products and great support are getting harder and harder to find. But in Froothie we have received both.

We will definitely be supporting them by purchasing more in the future.

Purchased in February 2014 at Froothie for A$471.00.

Used forDips & Condiments, Nut Butters, Smoothies and Soups
Ajith Bhojani

Ajith Bhojani

Essential Appliance for the Kitchen

I bought this blender for my baby as I wanted to puree foods and it worked perfectly. However I also wanted to make my own juices, soups and blend ingredients so after a tremendous amount of research I went for the Optimum 9400 and I have been very pleased with my choice ever since.

Purchased in May 2014 at In Love's Kitchen for A$471.00.

Used forDips & Condiments, Juices, Smoothies and Soups
mir

mir

A strong blender, good for all my bizarre shakes!

A good blender, doing a very good job. Ice cube, hard things, everything! We use it almost every day for some years.
what I dislike- it noisy a little bite and the jug had broken twice. The first time was close to the purchase and had replaced with no charge, and now, after some years, I have to pay. BUT IT WORSE IT!

Used forNut Butters and Smoothies

Bronwen

BronwenSouthwest, VIC

Has been my FAVOURITE kitchen appliance since I bought it in 2014!!

Purchased in July 2014 at Froothie.

Used forCocktails, Dips & Condiments, Nut Butters, Smoothies and Soups

Blends very well

Blends even the toughest of foods including ice. The jugs are very sturdy and you make smoothie after smoothie, it's just a workhorse! We use for our entire business and couldn't fault this product.

Used forCocktails, Nut Butters, Smoothies and Soups

Gwenda T.

Gwenda T.Mid North Coast, NSW

Great machine and after sale service from Froothie

Super machine. Performs all blending jobs well. Is a little noisy but probably necessary to give the power. After 5 years it suddenly stopped working....Froothie honoured the warranty even though it was 1 month post 5years. They gave prompt and clear efficient service and notified me that machine had been fixed and Im awaiting its arrival. Would highly reccomend this machine.

Purchased in January 2015 at Froothie for A$500.00.

Used forDips & Condiments, Smoothies and Soups
From Perth

From PerthPerth, WA

Creamy Smooth Blending

Bought my Optimum 9400 in 2013 and have used it extensively since to make everything that needed to be smoothly blended - nuts, grains, smoothies, everything. Loved it so much bought one for a family member and recommended it to a colleague who bought it for her mum who also loved it.

Purchased in November 2013 at Froothie.

Used forCocktails, Dips & Condiments, Nut Butters, Smoothies and Soups

Rawsan M.

Rawsan M.

Go for it.

Very good blender, it make very smooth smoothies and creamy humos I also make peanut butter no issue at all, not so noisy either. I bought it 6 years ago and it is still solid.

Purchased in January 2015.

Used forCocktails, Dips & Condiments, Juices, Nut Butters, Smoothies and Soups
Gareth B

Gareth BSouth East Queensland, QLD

Still going strong 5 years on!!

Got the 9400 blender in October 2014 and it's been used basically everyday for years to make smoothies and is still running perfectly with all original parts including the jug.
Extremely impressed with it and the customer care team who are quick and friendly to deal with.

Purchased in October 2014 at Froothie for A$581.00.

Used forJuices and Smoothies

Best blender ! Bought it in 2014

It’s over five years since I purchased the blender . I use it at least twice a week. It’s still as good as new. Often times use it to make smoothie. Dips and Paste at times . Seldomly soup . I have recommended it to many . Purchasing this product is one of the right choices I have made .

Used forDips & Condiments, Smoothies and Soups

Sally N

Sally NSydney, NSW

Family's most favorite bench top appliance

We have owned this blender for 5.5 years and it is still going strong. My 6 year old daughter then was so excited to taste test everything I made from the blender. Now (11 years old) she is making her own smoothies for herself and her younger brother. This blender makes nut butter, icing sugar, ground spices, ice-cream, soup in a breeze. Same as cleaning! I can't fault anything about it.

Purchased in September 2014 at Froothie for A$475.00.

Used forNut Butters, Smoothies and Soups

Amazing been using since 2014

I use this most days and love it. Bought in 2014 and couldn't manage without it. Great for making nut butter, smoothies, frozen banana ice cream, healthy nut "cheesecake", blending dates...

Purchased in May 2014 at Froothie for A$499.00.

Used forDips & Condiments, Nut Butters and Smoothies

Jamez

JamezSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great Blender

Great Blender, we have had and used it for a very long time, had an issue which customer service resolved, Thank you. Would not hesitate to recommend to friends and family.

Purchased in March 2010.

Lance S.

Lance S.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Amazing machine and Fantastic customer service

I bought this blender 5 years and 4 days ago and today it started stuttering on the low setting. I rang Froothie (the Athena Group) and they immediately offered to repair the unit under warranty. I was only 45mins drive away from the Bayswater store and when I got there they fixed it on the spot. Just needed new brushes for the motor. I'm not surprised that it did as I have used this blender every day for 5 years (barring holidays) making my morning juice of apple, carrot, beetroot, ginger, lemon and dates. We also make our own peanut butter on occasion and LSA, etc. It has been faultless as has been the service. Above and beyond!!

Purchased in November 2014 at Froothie for A$471.00.

Used forJuices, Nut Butters and Smoothies
Brian K.

Brian K.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

An absolute super-blender

Purchased in February 2014 at Froothie for A$471.00.

Used forDips & Condiments and Smoothies

Edward Ng

Edward NgGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Zero support outside Australia

Having read positive reviews, an Optimum 9400 was bought in Australia and brought to Singapore. Before the purchase, it was confirmed through email exchanges that warranty is global. When wear and tear occurred on the blade, offer of replacement at a cost was made. With a recent motor burnout, support fell silent after requests for photos and videos though the product is still under warranty. Nobody answers the Support phone number provided. Caution to anyone thinking of buying and using this product outside of Australia.

Purchased in May 2017 for A$475.00.

Used forJuices
joe man

joe manSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good Blender, more importantly the support is outstanding!

Blender worked well, powerful and fast. That was for the first 2 years then we had our first breakdown. Burning rubber smell when being used, not a good sign. Machine was returned and repaired by the company. The company offers great support. The person that assisted me was Francois, he was excellent. Francois offers great customer support, and will do what ever he can to make the customer happy. A big thank you to Francois, its people like you that build great companies through happy customers.

Purchased in October 2014 for A$490.00.

DisillusionedGippsland, VIC

Good apart from replacement parts pricing

When I bought this blender about four years ago replacement jugs cost $59.95, which I thought was reasonable. When the bearings on my jug died recently, Froothie determined that the cause was that I had somehow got water into them, hence no warranty, and asked $90 for the replacement bearing/blade assembly or $160 for a new jug! Fortunately the first generation Optimum 9400 is very similar to the Vitamix 5200, so replacement blades for the Vitamix 5200 fit the Optimum 9400 jug. I found these new on eBay for under $20, and for my usage (ice, smoothies, making flaxmeal) the eBay blades seem to work just as well as the original ones. Hope this helps anyone else with out-of-warranty repairs!

Purchased in January 2015 at Froothie for A$498.00.

Athena Solutions Pty LtdOptimum Appliances

Brushes keep burning out every 18 months or less!

I am disappointed in the Optimum 9400 blender because since we bought it in June 2014, 3 sets of brushes have burnt out, and the blender just stops. We only do smoothies in it, not even nut butters which probably are harder on the motor, it is only used one or two times a week and it is an excellent blender when it works. Froothie Support have been good but it is frustrating and it costs us everytime we have to send it back. Is the Optimum 9400 2nd Generation better, have they improved it?

Date PurchasedJun 2014