Optimum Appliances 9400 1st Generation

Optimum Appliances 9400 1st Generation

Blenders Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of blender would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

• Product is used
    • Daily (7)
    • Several times a week (4)
    • Weekly (3)
    • Cocktails (2)
  • Safety
Gwenda T.

Gwenda T.Mid North Coast, NSW

Great machine and after sale service from Froothie

Super machine. Performs all blending jobs well. Is a little noisy but probably necessary to give the power. After 5 years it suddenly stopped working....Froothie honoured the warranty even though it was 1 month post 5years. They gave prompt and clear efficient service and notified me that machine had been fixed and Im awaiting its arrival. Would highly reccomend this machine.

Purchased in January 2015 at Froothie for $500.00.

Used for Dips & Condiments, Smoothies and Soups
From Perth

From PerthPerth, WA

Creamy Smooth Blending

Bought my Optimum 9400 in 2013 and have used it extensively since to make everything that needed to be smoothly blended - nuts, grains, smoothies, everything. Loved it so much bought one for a family member and recommended it to a colleague who bought it for her mum who also loved it.

Purchased in November 2013 at Froothie.

Used for Cocktails, Dips & Condiments, Nut Butters, Smoothies and Soups

Rawsan M.

Rawsan M.

Go for it.

Very good blender, it make very smooth smoothies and creamy humos I also make peanut butter no issue at all, not so noisy either. I bought it 6 years ago and it is still solid.

Purchased in January 2015.

Used for Cocktails, Dips & Condiments, Juices, Nut Butters, Smoothies and Soups

Gareth B

Gareth BSouth East Queensland, QLD

Still going strong 5 years on!!

Got the 9400 blender in October 2014 and it's been used basically everyday for years to make smoothies and is still running perfectly with all original parts including the jug.
Extremely impressed with it and the customer care team who are quick and friendly to deal with.

Purchased in October 2014 at Froothie for $581.00.

Used for Juices and Smoothies

Best blender ! Bought it in 2014

It’s over five years since I purchased the blender . I use it at least twice a week. It’s still as good as new. Often times use it to make smoothie. Dips and Paste at times . Seldomly soup . I have recommended it to many . Purchasing this product is one of the right choices I have made .

Used for Dips & Condiments, Smoothies and Soups

Sally N

Sally NSydney, NSW

Family's most favorite bench top appliance

We have owned this blender for 5.5 years and it is still going strong. My 6 year old daughter then was so excited to taste test everything I made from the blender. Now (11 years old) she is making her own smoothies for herself and her younger brother. This blender makes nut butter, icing sugar, ground spices, ice-cream, soup in a breeze. Same as cleaning! I can't fault anything about it.

Purchased in September 2014 at Froothie for $475.00.

Used for Nut Butters, Smoothies and Soups

Amazing been using since 2014

I use this most days and love it. Bought in 2014 and couldn't manage without it. Great for making nut butter, smoothies, frozen banana ice cream, healthy nut "cheesecake", blending dates...

Purchased in May 2014 at Froothie for $499.00.

Used for Dips & Condiments, Nut Butters and Smoothies

Jamez

JamezSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great Blender

Great Blender, we have had and used it for a very long time, had an issue which customer service resolved, Thank you. Would not hesitate to recommend to friends and family.

Purchased in March 2010.

Lance S.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Amazing machine and Fantastic customer service

I bought this blender 5 years and 4 days ago and today it started stuttering on the low setting. I rang Froothie (the Athena Group) and they immediately offered to repair the unit under warranty. I was only 45mins drive away from the Bayswater store and when I got there they fixed it on the spot. Just needed new brushes for the motor. I'm not surprised that it did as I have used this blender every day for 5 years (barring holidays) making my morning juice of apple, carrot, beetroot, ginger, lemon and dates. We also make our own peanut butter on occasion and LSA, etc. It has been faultless as has been the service. Above and beyond!!

Purchased in November 2014 at Froothie for $471.00.

Used for Juices, Nut Butters and Smoothies

Brian K.

Brian K.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

An absolute super-blender

Purchased in February 2014 at Froothie for $471.00.

Used for Dips & Condiments and Smoothies
Edward Ng

Edward NgGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Zero support outside Australia

Having read positive reviews, an Optimum 9400 was bought in Australia and brought to Singapore. Before the purchase, it was confirmed through email exchanges that warranty is global. When wear and tear occurred on the blade, offer of replacement at a cost was made. With a recent motor burnout, support fell silent after requests for photos and videos though the product is still under warranty. Nobody answers the Support phone number provided. Caution to anyone thinking of buying and using this product outside of Australia.

Purchased in May 2017 for $475.00.

Used for Juices
joe man

joe manSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good Blender, more importantly the support is outstanding!

Blender worked well, powerful and fast. That was for the first 2 years then we had our first breakdown. Burning rubber smell when being used, not a good sign. Machine was returned and repaired by the company. The company offers great support. The person that assisted me was Francois, he was excellent. Francois offers great customer support, and will do what ever he can to make the customer happy. A big thank you to Francois, its people like you that build great companies through happy customers.

Purchased in October 2014 for $490.00.

DisillusionedGippsland, VIC

Good apart from replacement parts pricing

When I bought this blender about four years ago replacement jugs cost $59.95, which I thought was reasonable. When the bearings on my jug died recently, Froothie determined that the cause was that I had somehow got water into them, hence no warranty, and asked $90 for the replacement bearing/blade assembly or $160 for a new jug! Fortunately the first generation Optimum 9400 is very similar to the Vitamix 5200, so replacement blades for the Vitamix 5200 fit the Optimum 9400 jug. I found these new on eBay for under $20, and for my usage (ice, smoothies, making flaxmeal) the eBay blades seem to work just as well as the original ones. Hope this helps anyone else with out-of-warranty repairs!

Purchased in January 2015 at Froothie for $498.00.

Athena Solutions Pty LtdOptimum Appliances

Brushes keep burning out every 18 months or less!

I am disappointed in the Optimum 9400 blender because since we bought it in June 2014, 3 sets of brushes have burnt out, and the blender just stops. We only do smoothies in it, not even nut butters which probably are harder on the motor, it is only used one or two times a week and it is an excellent blender when it works. Froothie Support have been good but it is frustrating and it costs us everytime we have to send it back. Is the Optimum 9400 2nd Generation better, have they improved it?

Date PurchasedJun 2014

Blender brought in 2015, stops working the second time

Date PurchasedApr 2015

Matt \

Matt \

Stopped working twice

Purchased Feb 2016, stopped working March 2017.
After some hassle Froothie repaired it for no charge.(replaced motor)
Stopped working again in 2017, gave up on it and bought a $30 blender (with an easy to clean glass bowl) from the Good Guys.

I also had to replace the bearing in the bowl.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
Paul

PaulOrange

Optimum 9400 blender - 2 years on

It is a powerful blender capable of making smoothies using frozen banana, ice, etc with a thick texture. I had an issue with the blade assembly leaking grease and liquid after 2 years of daily use, and after providing evidence, I can report that Froothie replaced this for me without any hassle as was within the 5 year warranty period. Most other blenders at this price point would have long given up (as my smoothies are very thick), and so I remain very satisfied with my Optimum 9400 despite having to do the blade change. The repair process took less than 5 minutes, and just about anybody could do it (found a video tutorial on the web ). Great product, tough as guts, and easy to service if needed. Highly recommended.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
Jori

JoriSydney

Use it every day!

This blender is worth the extra $$. It is powerful and easy to use. I have purchased it a few years ago and use it every day, in the morning for smoothies and most evenings for things like soup, dips or cauliflower rice. It's still working really well!

Date PurchasedJan 2014
Seryn L

Seryn LAU

Great machine

I purchased this machine a few years ago, and it hasn't skipped a beat! I use it several times daily and it's been a game changer for me when it comes to the food we eat now. I had a small issue with the blade assembly malfunctioning, but after speaking with customer service, this was easily resolved and I was sent a replacement part that was easy to install myself. Would definitely recommend!

Date PurchasedNov 2014
Cez

CezAU

Not good value for money

I bought this a little more than a year ago for almost $500. I thought that for the warranty of 5 years, it should be good. the machine is too loud yet it cant grind nuts as easily as shown in ad. Once this breaks i wont buy another one. An expensive gadget but not as powerful as advertised

Date PurchasedJun 2015

Abbyasked

Hi
We havent used our machine for a while but it looks like the blade has seized inside the jug. Can I just replace the blade or do I need to buy a whole new jug?

Hi Abby,
You're quite right, the bearing seal has failed and allowed liquids into the bearing and so it has seized. This happened to me some time ago and Froothie sent me a new one free of charge. Either way you'll have to contact them for another. Just use the supplied plastic 'spanner' to unscrew the black plastic retainer under the jug. To ensure less chance of this happening again I never leave fluids in the jug, emptying it as soon as I've finished. If you are a little bit handy (and careful) you can remove the dome nut holding the blades together and sharpen them using a file or stone and transforms the blender into a 'beast' (well...it's a lot more efficient least). :)
Hope this is of some help
Lance

Abby

Hi lance. Thats really helpful, thank you very much! I dont have the spammer any more but will check in with froothie

Athena Solutions Pty LtdOptimum Appliances

Hey Abby, in case you have not already opened a ticket with our warranty support team you can do so here: https://athenasolutions.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new :) And we will be able to assist in having your blade assembly replaced :)

myhealingcommunity

myhealingcommunityasked

Hello. I need to replace my Optimum 9400 "1st generation" "JUG" ONLY. The base is fine.
My Q. Does the G2 jug fit the G1?

Athena Solutions Pty LtdOptimum Appliances

Hi @myhealingcommunity yes the G2.1 jug will fit for your 9400 :)

Karolina G.asked

I ordered blades for my Optimum 9400 but received blade Optimum 1903. Is this suitable for my blender?

Athena Solutions Pty LtdOptimum Appliances

Hello Karolina, can you please email us your order number to support@froothie.com.au and we will look into this for you ASAP :)

Thank you, will do now.