OptiSlim VLCD Classic Series

OptiSlim VLCD Classic Series

Vanilla, Chocolate, Espresso, etc...

• Taste
  • Weight Lost

Awful, wish i read reviews before purchasing.

I tried the banana flavor and the taste was disgusting, completely undrinkable.
I felt very sick like i was about to throw up right after trying it and would never try it again.
0/10 definitely do not recommend.

Purchased in February 2021.

Taste
Side Effects
  • Mild side effects

Claire BearSouthwest, VIC

no weight loss a yet

Purchased in January 2021 for $25.00.

Additional Physical ActivitiesNone
Side Effects
  • Mild side effects

EmmaDunlop 2615, ACT

Tastes revolting!

I usually buy Optifast, and switched to Optislim this week due to the cheaper price. The taste is revolting, I can barely drink it without gagging. The taste is so bad I checked the use by date, sure they must be off, but they are still in date to 2022. I've tried many other diet shakes in the past and enjoyed the flavour, but Optislim is just awful. It's also very watery and doesn't fully dissolve. I'm sure it works as well as other shake brands, but the taste is so disgusting I would not recommend it to anyone.

Purchased in January 2021 at Chemist Warehouse for $30.00.

Additional Physical ActivitiesCardio
Side Effects
  • None

Alanah R.

Alanah R.South East Queensland, QLD

BETTER THEN OPTIFAST

I've tried both OPTIFAST and OPTISLIM, chocolate, strawberry and chocolate mint.
I can't honestly fault optiSLIM, I was sceptical at first because of the difference in price between them both, but after trying optiSLIM I'll never go back to optiFAST. OptiSLIM manages my hunger for a good 2-3hrs and it actually tastes just like a real milkshake. Definitely recommend OPTISLIM!

Purchased in January 2021 at Chemist Warehouse for $40.00.

Additional Physical ActivitiesNone
Side Effects
  • None
Chris

ChrisSouth East Queensland, QLD

If I could Zero Star it I would

I tried Vanilla and it made me feel very nauseated, and physically unwell. The taste was definatly "NOT GREAT" despite what the advertising said. There is absolutly no comparrison to the Aldi brand which i absoutly enjoyed. I would not reccomend this product.

Purchased in January 2021 at Chemist Warehouse for $27.99.

Additional Physical ActivitiesNone
Side Effects
  • Short-term physical illness
Kara

KaraGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Mix it with a nutribullet not to bad

I have tried all the flavours only like the choc and vanilla but what i do is mix them in a nutri bullet with ice some fruit, nuts and protein power with water or almond milk.. not to shabby tastes pretty good then and goes a bit further in a nutribullet than without, otherwise they aren't very nice.

Purchased in November 2020.

Diana

DianaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Hate the taste - bitter

I've only tried the espresso which I tried to dissolve in water however no matter how much I shake, whisk or stir there are solids which don't dissolve. I'm going to complete the course for this one box to test its effectiveness in weight reduction but will then move onto another brand that doesn't smell, look or taste as bad.

Purchased in January 2021 at Chemist Warehouse for $28.00.

Not again

Not againGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Don’t like the taste

Have tried both the coffee and chocolate flavours and cannot drink them. Will be getting rid of these and trying a different brand. I have used Impromy and Flexi before and they are much nicer.

Purchased in October 2020.

Tastes awful. Try optifast instead

I have tried vanilla and chocolate and both are undrinkable. I have successfully lost weight with celebrity slim in the past but was looking for an alternative this time. Initially wanted to go with optifast as I tried their coffee shake and it was tasty. Chose optislim as it was $55 for 42 sachets rather than $59 for 18 at chemist warehouse.
The taste of optislim is that bad I wish I had forked out the extra for the optifast...

Purchased in December 2020.

Sally

Sally

Doesnt taste bad at all

I was quite surprised to read some of the other reviews about the taste and apprehensive about trying for the first time, but i was pleasantly surprised , 3 ice blocks, cold milk and Optislim VLCD into my blender and blended perfectly

Love the flavour

ive tried most of the shakes and chocolate and salted caramel are my favs and people notices the changes and good for value i think get my goals on happy camper

Purchased in October 2020 at AMS Pharmacy for $30.00.

beckj36

beckj36Sydney, NSW

A little disappointed

I find the Optislim does not mix in well . I use a shaker and have tried to dissolve the powder with warm water, but some of the mix is still in the bottom of the shaker.

Purchased in September 2020 at Chemist Warehouse Physical Store for $49.00.

Additional Physical ActivitiesNone
Side Effects
  • None
Ian

IanPerth, WA

Extremely happy - I've lost 17kg in four months

Purchased at Woolworths.

Additional Physical ActivitiesNone
Side Effects
  • None
Weight LostYes

I like the flavour and taste

I find these shakes great been on and of for a couple of weeks, it is hard but the longer you go the easier it gets. Weight is coming of and I’m feeling great

Purchased in June 2020 for $39.00.

Taste
Side Effects
  • None

Do not buy.... Its disgusting

Got from chemist Warehouse and was so excited to start! But after tasting it, and believe me I tried frozen berries and all but it is just horrible! Why make it so bad!

Purchased in July 2020 at Chemist Warehouse for $55.00.

Additional Physical ActivitiesNone
Side Effects
  • None

Just started

I’ve just started and don’t mind the taste, feel full from this shake and only had it with water, would like to lose 10 kg so going to replace 2 meals a day,!wish me luck, will keep you updated how they go! Good luck all.

Purchased in June 2020 at CountDown Deals for $20.00.

Taste
Side Effects
  • None
Kimi

KimiSydney, NSW

Unsuitable product. Company's extremely Poor Customer Service

Chocolate shake had unremarkable taste and consistency. I experienced upset stomach, headache & anxiety each time after only having one shake on two separate occasions. EXTREMELY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE from Optislim

Purchased in April 2020 at Chemist Warehouse Physical Store for $55.00.

Additional Physical ActivitiesNone
Side Effects
  • Mild side effects
Satisfied

SatisfiedSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Great

I've tried the mixed flavoured shakes ,but now just get vanilla and strawberry .Add a banana,berries or coffee all good.Love the chicken soup but use Tomato and pumpkin as well for variety.The b ears I buy mixed box for convenience not a choc fan but I eat it .Lost forty kgs two years ago now giving it another hit to lose another 20

Purchased in April 2020 at Chemist Warehouse.

Additional Physical ActivitiesNone
Side Effects
  • None
Annoyed consumer

Annoyed consumerSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Absolutely disgusting taste

Disgusting taste.

Wrote to company after purchasing a 21 pack as it's completely undrinkable and they would not provide a refund.

Do not even chance this product as it's a waste of money.

Optifast is a much better product.

Flower_Petal

Flower_PetalPerth, WA

I've lost 2.5kg so far...

Purchased in December 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for $25.00.

Additional Physical ActivitiesCardio and Sport
Side Effects
  • None

Josie A.asked

VLCD Classic Series

Can I have Optislim Double Choc cookie as a snack on the Optislim intense programme.The cookies are 100 calories

Claire Bear

you have to be careful of your calorie intake. eg if using 3 replacemnt shakes that is already 1800 calories (from memory) and 40 grams of sugar. It depends on the amount of weight you want to lose and the amount of calories you have allowed as your daily intake. Personally I found eating the cookies and bars made me put on weight due to the extra calories and sugar intake. I have instead swapped to fresh fruit and nuts and plain yogurt.

Josh C.
Josh C.

3 shakes is listed at 459 calories. Nowhere near 1800 calories. Wouldnt be a VLCD at that many calories?

Josie A.

Yes I thought that was not quite right. Thanks.

Joy Koa H.

Joy Koa H.asked

VLCD Classic Series

Is it ok to add a plain yogurt and almond nuts to optislim

Claire Bear

A lot of people add plain yogurt and fruits like berries or even bananas to the shakes. They even add fresh veggies to the soups to give them extra taste ( they can be quite bland). So I don't see why not.

Marcia

Marcia asked

VLCD Classic Series

So presently in NZ Optifast is out of stock everywhere. I will now have to go onto Optislim. Can anyone let me know if it is as efficient as Optifast. thanks

Claire Bear

Hi, I started on optifast and swapped to optislim due to the cost mainly. I lost 10 kg in total. I found optifast made me lose weight quicker and kept me feeling full - if this makes sense. Optislim is ok but I found the first week I was using it (1 a day) I was running to the toilet. Also 3 weeks on I am always hungry. Optislim does not mix well either and you get sludge in the bottom of the shaker. They both taste the same - well to me. Have you tried ordering online through chemists warehouse or through ebay? (not sure of NZ equivalant). I have just finished 1 box so I think I will swap to optifast myself. Hope this helps.

HSGowans
HSGowans

Chemist Warehouse in NZ online cannot supply Optislim but heaps at individual Chemist Warehouses. Optislim works as well and I agree, does not mix well but keep shaking between each mouthful. I’m a die hard Optifast customer but can’t afford it now. I’m happy with Optislim except it’s very sweet. Ughhh

Get an answer from our members and OptiSlim representatives

Compare all 5 OptiSlim VLCD Classic Series
CategoryWeight Loss DrinksWeight Loss DrinksWeight Loss DrinksWeight Loss Drinks
Product TypeMeal ReplacementMeal ReplacementMeal ReplacementMeal Replacement