OptiSlim VLCD Classic Series

OptiSlim VLCD Classic Series

Coffee shake

Revolting, won’t buy again. Expected something that was drinkable. Wish I had read the reviews before I purchased. Very disappointed with this product.

Dreadful

I have the espresso and vanilla flavours! Both are really awful Optifast taste so much better, I don't care that it is dearer at least i can drink it!

Extremely disappointed

Found Optislim VLCL Vanilla Batch 138707 Best Before 18/4/2020 to be revolting. It did not dissolve properly (regardless of how prepared) and was full of undissolved particles. Not pleasant to drink at all. I would give it a rating of 1

Revolting

I saw the advertisement on TV for Opti-Slim and as i had been using Opti-fast i thought i would give it a try - I bought the chocolate flavour - what a disappointment it tastes so yuck i cant even drink it. Cheap and nasty.

Disappointed - not the same mixture

My husband and I have been on the Optifast for 1 week and really enjoyed the favour (chocolate) shake VLCD Batch was 02 Jan 2020. We have just opened a new box 17 Aug 2020 it’s lumpy and taste different and does not froth up in the shaker like the 02 Jan 2020. There is something missing or changed in the ingredients. Not happy with this product The rating I would have given would have been 5 excellent but since opening the new box my rating is 2 Bad.

Tastes vile

Tried the strawberry and it is almost unpalatable - yuk! Tastes nothing like strawberry, couldn't even manage to finish one shake. Chocolate only marginally better. Optifast much better in my opinion.

Optislim coffee

I’ve been using the coffee optislim for a week now and it’s lovely, mixed with water only it’s great and I kinda look forward to using it twice daily I’ve cut down on normal coffees so that says a lot. Only thing I have started to experience is headaches but have read in possible side effects being potential headaches, and I have cut calories down pretty drastically immediately, but all in all very happy.
I have previously had the sleeve done 5 years ago so have found this to be very palatable as far as that’s concerned, I’ve not had cravings or anything other than mentioned headaches.

Faulty product

I have tried all the flavours but chocolate has the best taste and flavour. When the product isn’t faulty it works well, however the last 5 boxes I have had have been lumpy and watery and don’t work as effectively. I have complained twice with no response. So it seems that the manufacturer is not interested in any kind of feedback or acknowledging their product has a problem so that it can be fixed. I was a happy customer but now will be buying more reliable products such as celebrity slim or optifast.

Has worked for me! 5kg loss in 3 weeks.

I am in my 20's and in the upper "normal" BMI weight range so was wanting to loose 5kg to get my 'beach body' back as I am one of those unlucky people who carries extra weight around my stomach, hips and upper thighs. I was gyming twice per day and seeing no results as my calorie intake was too high.

This 5kg loss was achieved in 3 weeks with OptiSlim! I personally loveee the chocolate and strawberry flavours with water.

To achieve this I needed to be very strict with my diet - I did 2x optislim shakes with cold water + 1x 600 calorie meal + my morning coffee + LOADS of water every day for 21 days. If I got sick of drinking it with water, I combined it with Oats Milk or Almond Milk occasionally. I think the meal+shake combination was what kept me going with the diet, as if I knew I was going out for dinner that night, I would do shakes for breakfast and lunch, then enjoy myself at dinner, and still be at a calorie deficit.

My advice is that this is an affordable and achievable way to loose weight (I think I saved money from buying less food) in a short amount of time without affecting your social life or breaking the bank. Once the weight was off I maintained this by using the recommended calories for my height and weight on MyFitnessPal App with 1x shake per day + meals.

Worth the try !

Just started OptiSlim VLCD shakes. Bought 2 flavours, chocolate and espresso. Espresso was horrible to drink, the taste was just like consuming chemicals and cardboard. Chocolate was much better in taste and texture. Will be sticking with that one. I started off just drinking them with water but now I have added strawberries to my shakes to give it a little extra flavour. Worked well.

Watery and lumpy

After trying Optifast and seeing these were cheaper, thought I’d give the strawberry one a go. Aaagghh, big mistake, doesn’t mix well at all, is very watery and lumpy, had to mix one with trim milk to get it anywhere near palatable ( which defeats the purpose of a diet)
Will stick with Optifast which are smooth and creamy. Shame because it seems like something’s changed the past few months with this product.

As an update to my review, found that if blended in a NutriBullet or similar with a lot of ice ( ie making up your water content with at least 50% ice) the mixture comes out quite creamy and delicious...but still I only found this out by my good fortune, however I would buy these again and use a bullet to mix. Not exactly easy though if you’re at work and can’t use ice and a bullet

Faulty batch

I too have been using optislim shakes for ages now and have really enjoyed them up till now. This batch does not mix well and is left with lumpy bits at the bottom. I emailed optislim and sent in two sachets to be tested to be advised this is normal. (Wish I had read all these reviews first). However they sent me a complimentary box as compensation. The next two boxes I brought were exactly the same so I emailed optislim again saying I will not buy them again. This time they agreed there is something wrong and are sending me two more boxes as compensation. Overall I’m happy with their customer service and having read these reviews; clearly there is a faulty batch.

Optislim

Batch 18 April 2020
This batch is different. I have been using this product for years and this batch does not mix properly (Leaves lumps down the bottom) and froths up too much. Company should take note regarding similar complaints. Not happy, in the bin they go....

Tastes Foul

Tried Optifast three times rest going in the bin. Shakes too salty absolute waste of money. I would not recomend these to anyone going back on my low carb diet even if it takes my longer to loose weight

Avoid Batch 18 apr 2020

I have enjoyed optislim for breakfast for many years but the above batch of best before 18 apr 2020 has not been up to the usual standard. It was thin when mixed and left granules in the bottom. I sent away two sachets to be tested and have been advised that after testing it was perfectly ok to consume ( not the problem I was trying to convey ). I have since purchased 2 separate boxes with different best before dates and found that they were back to the lovely rich, thick, creamy drinks that I was used to drinking.
I will continue to use optislim unless I have another, what I call "faulty" batch.

Disappointing change in formula

I've been enjoying Optislim shakes for breakfast for the last couple of years but the last two boxes of chocolate shakes have been terrible. They've obviously changed something, the powder doesn't dissolve properly leaving lumps and a gritty taste. I've emailed the company but had no reply. I won't be buying any more.

have they [optislim] changed something

have they [optislim vlcd] chocolate flavour ,changed something as does not mix, lumpy, taste has changed.
been using this product for a while now up until recently been fantastic . not happy jan

called them yesterday, they claim nothing has been changed in the product did not seem interested in our complaint . defiantly NOT HAPPY JAN

Love the taste and very filling!!

Absolutely love the taste and texture of these shakes, they are very filling and satisfying and taste quite creamy even though you have only mixed with water. The mint choc is by far my favourite. Only downside is they are quite high in sugar.

Shakes are not mixing well like they used to!

I have had the same problem with the coffee shakes which I have been using happily for brekky for years now. The consistency has changed in the last couple of months and partly froths up too much and partly stays lumpy at the bottom. Makes is not very enjoyable to drink. I have contacted Optislim and was told to send a sachet for them to test. That was over a month ago and have not had any response. Very disappointing!

Stays lumpy

I don't know if the formula has changed, but it won't dissolve properly in the water. It stays lumpy in the bottom of the glass. If you shake it, it froths up in watery froth and is still lumpy. Very disappointing.