Optus Broadband ADSL

Optus Broadband ADSL

1.5

• Adequate Speeds Yes (14%) · No (86%)

Terrible connection, absolutely awful customer service!

The connection is really bad, slow & frequently stops working altogether. We constantly have to hotspot off of our phones.

I have called Optus, who say they will run some tests (nothing happens), and send a technician (who doesn't come), and get a call back from a case manager (doesn't happen). This cycle is repeated multiple times, until you feel like screaming down the phone that they need to send a technician to knock on your door to prove they came.

Absolutely horrendous service, and worse customer service. DO NOT GET OPTUS INTERNET!!!

Start DateDecember 2016
Contract TypeMonth-to-month

“We have no one who can help you today”

After a morning spent going through the usual checks of why my internet wouldn’t be working (hardware, resetting modem, speed tests etc). I called Optus as I had exhausted all other avenues. Naturally I was transferred between departments until I reached the tech team, who advised me there is no one working who can help me with my problem until Monday. This is for a home internet service... which I need to work. How can no one in residential customer service possibly not be working?!

So now I lose a lot of money this weekend not being able to work my business as well as getting to pay Optus for the service that is preventing me from working.

Unhappy is an understatement.

Start DateMarch 2010
BazzaS

BazzaSPerth, WA

Beware Beware Beware

Start DateMarch 2016
Adequate Speeds Yes

Steve

SteveSydney, NSW

Often slow and dropping out

Couldn't wait for my two year contract to be up because the delivery was very often slow or not working at all. They sent a tech out to check my settings and he said "you didn't hear this from me but they have sold way too many connections for the hardware they have at local distribution".

Start DateNovember 2018

Just spent an hour waiting on the line ... Rubbish

Im sitting on the phone for last hour, while they "Put me through" to the "Retention Team"
I want to talk about going to NBN from ADSL 2, and them keeping me as a customer, but can't even speak to someone..... WTH

Data TypeCapped Data
Debbie

DebbieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Nowhere near as good as they use to be

I had to work from home, so organised a new connection. Well that has not gone well, now I have no connections at home or work. Been hotspotting for over a week now, and it's costing more than expected. Optus hasn't bothered with compensation at all. Now no network bars!!

Start DateJune 1990
Alexandra A.

Alexandra A.South East Queensland, QLD

Poor customer service

Start DateJanuary 2017
MMM

MMM

Unreliable and horrible customer service

Have had consistent mini outages over the past two months, now the outage has prolonged for over a week now. Initially followed all the guides on restarting my modem, which worked for a week, but took over 72 hours of trying to do so. I resorted to using a 4G prepaid modem to which have spent $150 in credit. Contacted customer service by their stupid messaging app- very unhelpful. They wanted a $150 call out fee for a technician. Lodged a complaint with TIO (took 5 mins) and received a call from Optus the next day. It is now going to take another week before the technician resolves the issue. Mind made up- switching providers, asking for my $150 to be reimbursed and refuse to pay a cent for a service I am not receiving or disconnection fee.

Start DateJuly 2017
Data TypeUnlimited Data

One star rating is too high - no way to contact customer service

Internet has been down for 3 days. Optus webchat is completely shut down. My Optus mobile app can not access my account and tells to go to webchat - which is down. I have spent 2 hours on the phone to Optus, once to be told call back when the corona virus is over and another time was hung up automatically after 90 mins.

Start DateFebruary 2016

Charles M.

Charles M.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Extremely poor service...

Website states open till 8PM, but try ring after 6.45PM, but after doing alll the prompt etc... call gets cancelled..... Poor service optus, thank god I'm cancelling. BYE BYE BYE

Adequate Speeds Yes
vicman

vicmanSouth East Queensland, QLD

• ADSL

Never again

Terrible connection, dropouts occur everyday, difficult to contact them, rude staff. I can't say any positive things about this company... I was with Optus for nearly 20 years finally I'm moving on.

Start DateApril 2001
Lilly

LillySydney

A one star rating is too high.....Optus Service Outage...or Outrage!

Isabel

IsabelSydney, NSW

The worst 2 years of my life

Start DateJanuary 2018
Huang S.

Huang S.

Optus has the worst service ever.

Optus has the worst service ever. As a business in Sydney CBD Optus paying the bills on time, we has been cut off all the internet and telephone from Mid Nov 2019 until now the mid Feb 2020.

Start DateSeptember 2015
Data TypeUnlimited Data

Optus has the worst service ever.

Start DateSeptember 2015

Terrible Customer Service

Good luck getting anyone to actually help you if something goes wrong with your service. They did everything possible to avoid sending a technician out for a broadband service that was dodgy for months. They are also condescending and treat their customers with contempt.

Thankfully, my contract is over with them and I've moved to a different broadband that has already provided much better customer service.

Avoid Optus at all costs.

Data TypeCapped Data

Two weeks without Internet. Optus support is clueless and helpless

Start DateFebruary 2020

This company is a joke

I have tried for 14 days have access to internet at home. First a modem arrived and it was supposed to be activated remotely. I called the company because it was not then they assure that would be activate in 24 hours. 2 hours later I received a message on my phone saying my order was cancelled. I called them again, they said they do not know what happened but I had to finalize a new order. After 4 hours in the phone I did what needed to be done. 48 hours I called them again and no order was processed in my name, no modem was coming. I spend more 4 hours and now they said I should do the process again. Even the company team suggested me to find a new company. No respect at all. I would not recommend this company even to my enemies.

Start DateJanuary 2020

terrible service

This service is ridiculous your life will be easier if you DO NOT go with this provider. I had no internet over Christmas because there modem was faulty and this was the 3rd faulty modem!!

Start DateJanuary 2018

Not Stable, Low Speeds

The connection is totally unreliable.
Slow downs and dropouts are continual.
They have arranged a technician, but I believe they have no interest in providing decent service.
I do not recommend Optus

Unhappy R
Unhappy R

Have had two technicians visit, no change to speeds, obviously Optus just cant be bothered to provide any decent service or speeds