Optus Broadband NBN 12 (Speed Pack 1)

Optus Broadband NBN 12 (Speed Pack 1)

1.3

• Adequate Speeds Yes (36%) · No (64%)

Inconsistent messaging ...What a waste of time!

We had logged a request to relocate on the 10/7 and in moving change from ADSL to NBN. We have been given so much mixed information and are no closer to being set up.
We have been lied to and transferred from department to department. I have spent over hour each day for the last week trying to get it sorted. I have finally given up and requested to cancel the service. Once I told the operator they couldn't talk me out of cancelling they became nasty and didn't want to give me the time of day.

Mel

MelGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worst internet provider ever

Absolutely horrible, keeps cutting out multiple times throughout 2 years, they can never figure out what is wrong with it then all of a sudden it works. Absolutely crap! Don’t go to them, bad customer service, bad reception, keeps cutting out! Sick of having to call them all the time. Worst provider ever

Start DateNovember 2018
aaaaaaaaa

aaaaaaaaaGreat Southern, WA

Have literally been hanged up on by customer support twice

No internet for the last 36hours. On hold for 2hours than hang up on. Called them again to stay this is unacceptable and was told to p*ss off and back in the 2hr queue. If you're with optus, this is the companmy you are with.

Start DateJanuary 2019
Internet Service Providers

Find out how Optus Broadband NBN 12 (Speed Pack 1) compares to other Internet Service Providers

Tran D.

Tran D.Sydney, NSW

I just had the most unpleasant customer service with Optus. I was trying to make a deal with the agent and said what my friend got offered and she accused me of lying. She then disconnected me in the middle on conversation whilst I was still considering the offer. Well! That made up my mind to switch to another provider then after so many years with them. The internet speed was slow and often got disconnected anyway. It's time for a fresh start. Bye bye Optus.

Connection TypeHFC (Cable)
Start DateJune 2013
souledtshirts

souledtshirtsFar North Queensland, QLD

I hope you get sued and go bankrupt

So when we bought our NBN, it didn't work for 8 weeks. The customer service was absolutely awful, same thing said 20 times and then 'we will send someone in a week'. After the 8 weeks, it finally worked with absolutely slow speeds, huge traffic and dropouts every month. My dad refuses to change our provider so we are stuck sending you 60 dollars for the most disgusting internet ever. I hope you know im never going to use your service in the future.

Connection TypeWireless
hos10

hos10AU

Poor customer service - hidden fee ripoff

Optus charges $2 for processing fees, $2 for paper fee, $2 for non direct debit fees. Constantly a problem with account resets - spend hour long for change to electronic invoicing, suddenly they revert you back to paper invoice, hit you with fees, and when you ask for correction they say you need to go to store as this are not a service help they can give you. Badly accented representatives who you need to repeat and scream details into the phone due to poor sound reception. With elderly parents who have been loyal to them, and as authorised user, they make it miserable to even try to help your parents out. Cannot recommend Optus at all.

Connection TypeWireless
Start DateJanuary 2008
Amanweil

AmanweilSouth East Queensland, QLD

Freaking useless idiots

No internet connection from the get go. Called them multiple times explaining the same crap over and over again. Received a free wifi dongle that doesnt even wanna connect. Shambolic!

Start DateSeptember 2019

NBN - confusion

NBN installation delayed by Optus not informing me of the appointment. I was given an appointment 6 weeks later. NBN technician attended and did the technical installation with black box, modem, and plug in wall. After much communication with Optus regarding intermittent landline phone access I have now been told by Optus that I don’t have NBN access but have been using ADSL. I have been paying my bill all during this 9 month period and last week OPTUS disabled my ADSL connection so now I have no access. They have made an appointment next week for NBN to install my connection again. OPTUS customer service is dysfunctional and totally inadequate. I have made a report to the communication ombudsman

Start DateJanuary 2019
Data TypeUnlimited Data

I had a call with Indian guy at 10:05 morning today and way he spoke was terrible. Can’t wait to get out of service

Excellent connection but customer service always sucks. Every time I call, I get a moody response. I always get grumpy after talking to them . So not even a star to customer service. You want at least a humble talk right when u r fined without notice on direct debit. Just waiting to end the contract or I will pay termination fee and get out.

Start DateApril 2018

Antiša

AntišaSydney, NSW

Its been 7 months and still nothing works

I've waited 7 months for Nbn.
I've Spoken with well over 50 people.
I've been promised: Service. calls, repairs, deliveries all of which were untrue.
I've been with Optus for a long time. Over now. I'm Absolutely disgusted.

Contract Type12-month contract

Horrible service!

Horrible service!!! I talk to optus many times but they are very very very slow. The always say yes to everything but they are not solve the problem. Instead of that, they are create more problem!

Whiterabbit

WhiterabbitSydney, NSW

Absolutely dreadful customer service

Start DateFebruary 2019

OPTUS NEEDS TO GET A NEW CALL CENTRE/SYSTEM

Worst customer service as you get shunted to different teams and then they hang up, cant access your account or call you back. Unable to fully understand your issue and then use scripted answers that dont relate to the issue. Always having to call back up to fix billing issues and can spend up to 2hours on phone since they dont have enough staff and force you to use their app which half the time the team dont have access and need you to call the customer support team.

Start DateSeptember 2017
Data TypeCapped Data
Quickpig

QuickpigSoldiers Point

You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.

The NBN provided a great service for the two years whilst I was with Optus. I didn't need to contact customer services, so cannot comment on the efficiency of Optus. My contract ended, the price went through the roof, I decided to leave. Cancelling the service was like escaping a maze. There is no cancellation section or information and you cannot cancel the service at an Optus shop! After an extensive search I discovered the online chat was the only way to go. They eventually transfer you to another elusive department where you spend an hour before they give you a cancellation reference number. Not good enough.

Start DateMay 2017

Zuwei C

Zuwei CGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

it's okay

Australian internet in general is not very good. In saying that, optus is one of the best out there. Im using the nbn speed 1 pack with 6 people using it at the same time and it runs smoothly when gaming. Their tech support is useless though.

Start DateJanuary 2015

Sylvia

Sylvia

Pretty Fast Yet Not Stable

The internet is generally good, but the signal breaks up from time to time (only for a short period of time). The plan is not bad value but the service needs to step up a little.

Connection TypeFTTB (Fibre to the Building)
Start DateMarch 2015
Mel.

Mel.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Don’t go with Optus.

We haven’t had any wifi connection for almost a month which resulted in me struggling to do studies. We’ve been on the phone for 2 hours and no one has picked no up. This is ridiculous. I will tell EVDRYONE to go with Telstra, because at least they get back with me and are easy to contact.

Start DateOctober 2014

Horrible. Disgusting service and lies

Spoke to optus about nbn connections. February 22nd Live chat spoke to a person and made a contract. Told was to get a call and contract in two days. Week later called and found out no contract was written up. Spoke to a person, they supposedly sent info and contract but had to wait for nbn to contact us. Week later no contact no anything. Got a letter in mail asking us to contact them as we havent set up anything for nbn.
Looking at new providers right now.
Also thinking of switching mobile providers atm.

No show

Organised a date with Optus to upgrade from ADSL to NBN. No one showed up to connect. No one contacted me to explain why. Called Optus to find out what happened the person on the phone couldn’t even find my order then told me to wait 2 days and someone will call me back.

Start DateJanuary 2015