Optus Broadband NBN 12 (Speed Pack 1)

Optus Broadband NBN 12 (Speed Pack 1)

See the Best Internet Service Providers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Amanweil

AmanweilSouth East Queensland, QLD

Freaking useless idiots

No internet connection from the get go. Called them multiple times explaining the same crap over and over again. Received a free wifi dongle that doesnt even wanna connect. Shambolic!

Start DateSeptember 2019

NBN - confusion

NBN installation delayed by Optus not informing me of the appointment. I was given an appointment 6 weeks later. NBN technician attended and did the technical installation with black box, modem, and plug in wall. After much communication with Optus regarding intermittent landline phone access I have now been told by Optus that I don’t have NBN access but have been using ADSL. I have been paying my bill all during this 9 month period and last week OPTUS disabled my ADSL connection so now I have no access. They have made an appointment next week for NBN to install my connection again. OPTUS customer service is dysfunctional and totally inadequate. I have made a report to the communication ombudsman

Start DateJanuary 2019
Connection TypeI don't know

I had a call with Indian guy at 10:05 morning today and way he spoke was terrible. Can’t wait to get out of service

Excellent connection but customer service always sucks. Every time I call, I get a moody response. I always get grumpy after talking to them . So not even a star to customer service. You want at least a humble talk right when u r fined without notice on direct debit. Just waiting to end the contract or I will pay termination fee and get out.

Start DateApril 2018
Antiša

AntišaSydney, NSW

Its been 7 months and still nothing works

I've waited 7 months for Nbn.
I've Spoken with well over 50 people.
I've been promised: Service. calls, repairs, deliveries all of which were untrue.
I've been with Optus for a long time. Over now. I'm Absolutely disgusted.

Contract Type12-month contract
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTC (Fibre to the Curb)

Horrible service!

Horrible service!!! I talk to optus many times but they are very very very slow. The always say yes to everything but they are not solve the problem. Instead of that, they are create more problem!

Whiterabbit

WhiterabbitSydney, NSW

Absolutely dreadful customer service

Start DateFebruary 2019

OPTUS NEEDS TO GET A NEW CALL CENTRE/SYSTEM

Worst customer service as you get shunted to different teams and then they hang up, cant access your account or call you back. Unable to fully understand your issue and then use scripted answers that dont relate to the issue. Always having to call back up to fix billing issues and can spend up to 2hours on phone since they dont have enough staff and force you to use their app which half the time the team dont have access and need you to call the customer support team.

Start DateSeptember 2017
Data TypeCapped Data

Quickpig

QuickpigSoldiers Point

You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.

The NBN provided a great service for the two years whilst I was with Optus. I didn't need to contact customer services, so cannot comment on the efficiency of Optus. My contract ended, the price went through the roof, I decided to leave. Cancelling the service was like escaping a maze. There is no cancellation section or information and you cannot cancel the service at an Optus shop! After an extensive search I discovered the online chat was the only way to go. They eventually transfer you to another elusive department where you spend an hour before they give you a cancellation reference number. Not good enough.

Start DateMay 2017

Zuwei C

Zuwei CGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

it's okay

Australian internet in general is not very good. In saying that, optus is one of the best out there. Im using the nbn speed 1 pack with 6 people using it at the same time and it runs smoothly when gaming. Their tech support is useless though.

Start DateJanuary 2015
Sylvia

Sylvia

Pretty Fast Yet Not Stable

The internet is generally good, but the signal breaks up from time to time (only for a short period of time). The plan is not bad value but the service needs to step up a little.

Start DateMarch 2015
Contract TypeMonth-to-month
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTB (Fibre to the Building)

Mel.

Mel.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Don’t go with Optus.

We haven’t had any wifi connection for almost a month which resulted in me struggling to do studies. We’ve been on the phone for 2 hours and no one has picked no up. This is ridiculous. I will tell EVDRYONE to go with Telstra, because at least they get back with me and are easy to contact.

Start DateOctober 2014

Horrible. Disgusting service and lies

Spoke to optus about nbn connections. February 22nd Live chat spoke to a person and made a contract. Told was to get a call and contract in two days. Week later called and found out no contract was written up. Spoke to a person, they supposedly sent info and contract but had to wait for nbn to contact us. Week later no contact no anything. Got a letter in mail asking us to contact them as we havent set up anything for nbn.
Looking at new providers right now.
Also thinking of switching mobile providers atm.

Adequate Speeds No
Connection TypeFTTC (Fibre to the Curb)

No show

Organised a date with Optus to upgrade from ADSL to NBN. No one showed up to connect. No one contacted me to explain why. Called Optus to find out what happened the person on the phone couldn’t even find my order then told me to wait 2 days and someone will call me back.

Start DateJanuary 2015