Optus Broadband

• Adequate Speeds Yes (206) · No (358)

Roman
RomanMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Pathetic experiense

Let alone 7 days without phone and internet when I transferred a number of services to optus, internet is out tonight, my case has been PRIORITISED, which in optus terms means up to 48 hours. All technical support is capable of is making me reset the modem, anything beyond this gets referred to a Senior Expert and yes this busy fella will work hard on my issue for the next two days. What a joke.

Full 5g, but nothing loads..

Often have full 5G or 4G reception but nothing loads. It's like the download data feed is cut. Websites, Spotify, nothing. It's infuriating. Also, phone calls drop after a minute. Baseline service cannot be provided for $80 bucks a month.

cheapimmitation
cheapimmitation

Never even signed and my life is a living hell already!

Never even signed and my life is a living hell already!

I never even created an account with Optus. I called and spoke to sales, decided against it and when I was sent a temporary order number to confirm my email address I CANCELLED the order. Yet the next business day I am delivered a package from Optus, when I call they say I have no account and when I ask what to do with the package they tell me I have to wait for them to send another box to put the box I never ordered into, to send back to Optus. I cannot believe this customer service, I don’t know how much I will be charged for this ridiculous mistake - I don’t even have an account!!!

Tim Q.
Tim Q.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Absolute disgrace of a company!

Absolutely deplorable. Stuffed us around for over a week, have had to go with another provider. Connected our NBN to the wrong apartment number, and each call team operator was as hopeless as the one before

Anne H.
Anne H.Hunter Region, NSW

Rubbish. Don’t bother.

Best Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
best-internet-and-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020

Worst internet I’ve ever had

Worst for customer service

Mark
MarkSydney, NSW

Usage on a closed account

Karen C.
Karen C.Sydney, NSW

Absolutely hopeless!!!

Absolutely hopeless - hopeless staff - hopeless customer relations. I have had no internet for two weeks. Yet I still pay for it. What a terrible, corrupt, dishonest company! Wish they would disappear and give their customers to better providers - please be some out there!!!!!

Vickii P.
Vickii P.Sydney, NSW

Wonderful Customer Care

My NBN internet was not working today, I rang optus and the service I received was excellent, I spoke with nabz who was beyond helpful and resolved all my problems, I couldn't be happier, thank you again nabz, you were a pleasure to talk to.

Connection TypeI don't know

Very unreliable

Our service has been very unreliable, lots of drop outs and quite a few service outages. Would definitely not recommend. Support is limited and not particularly helpful. I find myself hot spotting from my phone regularly - this is pathetic as we pay for NBN.

bob loblaw
bob loblaw

great - when it actually works

Faheem
FaheemGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Hick ups in my current internet connection(Optus/NBN) 50-70 Mbps ..need suggestions for 100/40 upgrade

I often get hick ups ( for a moment of 4-5 seconds) in my Optus/NBN connection received no satisfactory solution. I use CITRIX its message appears quite often on the screen.

Connection TypeFTTC (Fibre to the Curb)
Lynne S
Lynne S

Best decision ever. Everything perfect and smooth

Peta G.
Peta G.South East Queensland, QLD

Terrible coverage. Terrible service when outages occur

Since swapping to NBN we've experienced frequent outages, sometimes for days in end. Optus are unreliable communicators saying they will get back to you and they don't. Will look elsewhere.

Aslam
Aslamasked
Broadband

How would you rate Optus nbn in Parramatta and Baulkham hills area

Kel
Kel

Aslam. No idea. I am in Canberra .... where I still have no signal, despite being told that I should have an excellent signal at my address.

dave
daveasked
NBN 50/20 (Standard Plus)

iam with telstra NBN HFC 50 mbps i pay $80.00 a mouth with land line phone and Binge streaming service and all works well. but would like to go to optus i like the EPL etc
as any one had any isues

partridgedc
partridgedc

It’s great until you need support then you become a ping pong ball

Craig
Craigasked
Mobile Broadband

Huawei B818 modem and mobile broadband is extremely unreliable, sometimes it works perfectly at 40M/p/s some times 0.2m/p/s. When you plug in ethernet cable Huawei B818-completely stops working. I want to understand how to fix?

Optus Broadband

Compare all 8 Optus Broadband
Standard Monthly Price $75.00$95.00
Typical Evening Download Speed 45.0 Mbps90.0 Mbps
Promotional Monthly Price $79.00$99.00
Promotional Offer

$79 for first 12 months on Internet Ultimate Plan. Customers who sign up or change plans to a new $85 Internet Ultimate Plan will pay $79 per month for the first 12 months and then the standard in-market plan fee (currently $85 per month) thereafter. Offer ends 4 April 2021 unless extended. This plan comes included with one Fetch Mini Set-top Box.

$99 for first 12 months on $105 Internet Ultimate 100 Plan. Customers who sign up or change plans to a new Internet Ultimate Plan 100 will pay $99 per month for the first 12 months and then pay the standard in-market plan fee (currently $105 per month) thereafter. Offer ends 4 April 2021 unless extended. This plan comes included with one Fetch Mini Set-top Box.

Max Download Speed 50 Mbps100 Mbps