NBN, Cable (See All)
See the Best Internet Service Providers in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Optus

• Adequate Speeds Yes (194) · No (322)

Terrible service

Signed over from Telstra over a month ago, still can't dial into our home phone number. Took a couple of weeks to have our number transferred, currently only other people on Optus network can dial in. Spent a couple of hours on messages and phone calls repeating same information countless times. Last call left with it being escalated to a call back from an 'expert'...still waiting for the call back. Switching back to Telstra!

Edward
Edward Sydney, NSW

Terrible customer service

Reference number 1001300407

We have had the same modem for years and it’s been terrible and has consistently dropped out over the years. I made several complaints months ago which no one got back to me.

Optus finally agreed to replace my modem twice but now are going back on there word. They expect me now to return to the store to confirm my identity after I already confirmed my identity at the store 2 days ago and then wait for the downgraded modem to be delivered a week later when they have new modems in stock for new customers.

Very disappointed.

Clueless Technical Support Team

John
JohnSouth East Queensland, QLD

Technician no show

Left work early and waited over six hours for the technician who never turned up, not did he advise of not coming. Also waited a week and still no connection.

Connection TypeI don't know

More than 10 years of being loyal customer for nothing

Upgraded to internet family entertainer 3 weeks back as the old nbn plan ran its course. Repeatedly contacted customer service to cancel the old plan and activate the new one so that we can use the Netflix and optus sport included with the new plan. I ve done the merry go around as they keep on passing the buck repeatedly. I think it is their sinister plan to make me pay for 2 different plans. Is this even legal in Australia ? Is there no protection for the customers ? Does Fair Trading Australia even listen to our complaints ?

Chandra Bura
Chandra Bura
CathyS05Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Absolutely Terrible Support-22 year customer and swapped to other provider

Official RepOptusSend a private message

DO NOT CHOOSE OPTUS. Optus is the biggest waste of time and money.

Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
10 ways to improve your home’s internet connection

Does Netflix keep lagging? With the rain keeping more people at home, it’s not uncommon to see internet speeds slow to a crawl. Here’s a checklist of what to do to speed your wireless connection up before you call your internet provider.

Clara V.
Clara V.
10-ways-to-improve-your-homes-internet-connection
Kurt
KurtSydney, NSW

Great unless you want customer service

Tried to find out why I get charged for a Landline which is supposedly included with the NBN plan. 2 hours later after 3 consultants I still don't know, the experts couldn't agree! Guess I'll never find out, not from Optus anyway.

John
JohnSydney, NSW

Worst customer support!

I have NBN 50 and wanted to upgrade it. I have called Optus customer service 6 times today. Every time I get connected to one agent, either they have no idea about what they are talking about or it is the wrong person trying to connect me to a different department. When I again wait for another 20 mins in the line, the new agent says I am not the right person! finally, I get through and I deal with a very junior agent who hardly speaks English and was unable to understand my request. The last agent checked my account and simply said they need to check. I have given up in the end!
I would have given a negative rating if it was possible.

Connection TypeHFC (Cable)

Evandro B.
Evandro B.Sydney, NSW

Waste of time

I've contacted Optus to hire the broadband service, asked them if the service was available for my address and they said it was, even after Ive asked to double check again. After more than one hour talking with them, giving all my details to hire the service I was told that the service was not available for my address. A completely waste of time and lack of consideration to the costumer.

I'm an idiot for staying with OPTUS for 16 years!!

Sue
SueMurray Region, NSW

Optus wifi for Rand NSW 2642 has gone from bad to worse.

Griff
GriffGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Four appointments made by Optus and not one kept

Optus made an appointment to remove the aerial cable they left when the NBN was connected. We have stayed home and kept gates open for access and after 3 additional appointments made by Optus when we ring after each no show (today we again waited 4 hours) we wonder why we would keep our long time account with Optus when they fail and have no respect for their customers time.

Maggie
MaggieMelbourne

Optus can't connect BroadBand Cable

In spite of cable broadband being available on my property and Optus previously providing the service to the property just over a year ago, Optus now claims they are unable to connect the property because the NBN database says it is satellite service. They even said they couldn't connect it, even if it was available. Don't choose Optus if you have cable broadband.

RSIM
RSIMMELBOURNE

They've got their heads up their own a*&^

Aslam
Aslamasked
Broadband

How would you rate Optus nbn in Parramatta and Baulkham hills area

Kel
Kel

Aslam. No idea. I am in Canberra .... where I still have no signal, despite being told that I should have an excellent signal at my address.

dave
daveasked
NBN 50/20 (Standard Plus)

iam with telstra NBN HFC 50 mbps i pay $80.00 a mouth with land line phone and Binge streaming service and all works well. but would like to go to optus i like the EPL etc
as any one had any isues

partridgedc
partridgedc

It’s great until you need support then you become a ping pong ball

M T.
M T.
Mrs M.
Mrs M.
Dante L.
Dante L.asked
Broadband

This is worst Broadband igive to optus less than cero star worst custumer services i been 2 days without internet then can help me know igonna change provider

Get an answer from our members and Optus representatives

Compare all 6 Optus Broadband
Standard Monthly Price $75.00$95.00$80.00$90.00
Typical Evening Download Speed 45Mbps90Mbps
Promotional Monthly Price $79.00$99.00
Promotional Offer

$79 for first 12 months on Internet Ultimate Plan. Customers who sign up or change plans to a new $85 Internet Ultimate Plan will pay $79 per month for the first 12 months and then the standard in-market plan fee (currently $85 per month) thereafter. Offer ends 4 April 2021 unless extended. This plan comes included with one Fetch Mini Set-top Box.

$99 for first 12 months on $105 Internet Ultimate 100 Plan. Customers who sign up or change plans to a new Internet Ultimate Plan 100 will pay $99 per month for the first 12 months and then pay the standard in-market plan fee (currently $105 per month) thereafter. Offer ends 4 April 2021 unless extended. This plan comes included with one Fetch Mini Set-top Box.

Max Upload Speed 20 Mbps20 Mbps1 Mbps5 Mbps
Service TypeNBNNBNNBNNBN
ContractMonthly and Set PeriodMonthly and Set PeriodMonthly and Set PeriodMonthly and Set Period
Data AllowanceUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimited