4Optus Broadband

Verified NBN 100/20
B Alce
B AlceMurrumbidgee Region, NSW4 posts

Don't believe them

Worst customer service. They tell you they will disconnect your old service when you churn to them and you don't have to worry about anything but then they don't. You get charged twice, once from Optus and once from the old service they promised to cancel and their customer support refuse to help.
They say call the old provider and get them to refund you, but the old provider says the service was not cancelled until today and is still showing active on their end.
Optus stuffed up the transfer and now I'm out of pocket.
The bundle they offered was meant to save me money, now I'm far worse off and they don't care. Show details
Ants
Richardson K.
  NBN 100/20

Optus service is pathetic

Poor service
Constantly dropping out and I have to reset modem.
Signal so weak at times the TV programme I’m watching just freezes.
WHY do Optus continually send messages saying I may experience loss of service and dropout of signal because they are doing upgrades and maintenance in the area?
It goes on for days at a time and yet NOTHING seems to improve.
Is this just an excuse to explain away the pathetic service we are subjected to? Show details
Barry S
Kon
KonGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC6 posts
  Verified Broadband

CSO CANT UNDERSTAND SIMPLE ENGLISH

Horror horror horror bring back australian customer service officers because the indians cant understand nothing they are terrible and you just waste your time ..20 hours of wasting time and quoted lies on signing up not received what was quoted Show details
H C B.
H C B.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC
  Verified NBN

Simply sucks

The worst company with their worst product and the worst customer service team ever. Expensive product with a ton of outages, they even delivered me a second handed broken modem witch I’ll have to pay for a full price, that’s ridiculous! The modem just constantly and automatically kicks every one of my devices offline with no reason, I tried to contact customer service and they didn’t even tried to help me solving the problem, instead tried to persuade me that it’s my problem! I mean seriously you guys need to try out your own product, that’s it. If there’s a choice of 0/5 I’ll absolutely go for it, a solid 0. Show details
Tim C.
Tim C.Central Queensland, QLD2 posts
  Broadband

Lousy connection for two years

For nearly 2 years since leaving Vodafone for the same reason, poor reception, I have been told by umpteen call takers in Optus that 2 repeater towers had breakdowns awaiting parts. I have been paying $99 per month for an intermittent service. After requesting a partial refund, since I have partial use of it, I've been asked to wait for the service to be fixed. The service was recently fixed but I wasn't informed. Now when I call about the refund it gets brushed aside by the overseas operators.
Vodafone is worse but Optus couldn't care a hill of beans about complaints, which is now a fact of life. Show details
Peter K.
Peter K.2 posts
  Cable

Terrible

Writing this review on behalf of my pensioner father in law.
Signed up to Optus broadband recently and has had a terrible experience. They signed him up to a 3 year contract, consistently overcharge him every month despite countless phone calls and assurances that this will no longer happen.
Stressful for him and worst experience. Will never use Optus again. Unfortunately cannot leave zero stars. Show details
ankush b.
ankush b.
  NBN 100/20

Poor service and slow internet when paying premium price

Upgraded to “premium” NBN and for first 10 days the speed never reached above 50mbps. Chat couldnt help and said call us, Contacted their so called nbn expert and all he could offer was reset modem and wait for 24 hours and closed case when I couldnt pick up call because I was at work. Without any notes for closed case had to raise another one. Working from home became impossible because of these muppets. Second case closed with cold replies saying hey we can see your speed is 100mbps where it keeps dropping every test.
Cancelling the services after 4years with them, wish me luck to deal with thier pathetic customer support to cancel this. Show details
Andrea
AndreaQueensland11 posts
  NBN
K Greer
K GreerSydney, NSW
  NBN 50/20

Worst customer service in my lifetime

The worst customer service I’ve ever experienced in my life. Seven years of terrible nbn service, and after three hours of online chats and phone calls with their reps to maybe upgrade service, not a single question answered. When I decided to cancel and go with a better provider, Optus made it nearly impossible to do so, stating I had to go into the store with 100 points of ID first. In the store they told me I could only cancel by telephone. If you want a terrible provider who will never let you cancel and move on to someone with great customer service like ABB, Optus is for you. Show details
SPM
SPMSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts
Optus   DM

We have already responded to your other post in this regard. Kartik

AnonymousProductReviewer
AnonymousProductReviewer · NBN

Why don’t you guys prioritise customers? It took 7 months for a simple NBN visit. Why does this happen and will you ever upgrade your Call Centre Team/Structure. It’s a horrible system. By the way Social Media Guy reading this, you ain’t gonna do nothin.

Aslam
Aslam · Broadband

How would you rate Optus nbn in Parramatta and Baulkham hills area

Kel
Kel

Aslam. No idea. I am in Canberra .... where I still have no signal, despite being told that I should have an excellent signal at my address.

dave
dave · NBN 50/20 (Standard Plus)

iam with telstra NBN HFC 50 mbps i pay $80.00 a mouth with land line phone and Binge streaming service and all works well. but would like to go to optus i like the EPL etc
as any one had any isues

partridgedc
partridgedc

It’s great until you need support then you become a ping pong ball

M T.

$99/month for first 6 months

Typical Evening Upload Speed20Mbps20Mbps22Mbps
Max Upload Speed 20 Mbps20 Mbps25 Mbps
Max Download Speed 50 Mbps100 Mbps250 Mbps
Contract TypeMonthly / No Lock-in and Set PeriodMonthly / No Lock-in and Set PeriodMonthly / No Lock-in and Set Period
Data AllowanceUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimited
Packages AvailableBundle and StandaloneBundle and StandaloneBundle and Standalone
Service TypeNBNNBNNBN