Oral-B Gum Care & Enamel Restore

Oral-B Gum Care & Enamel Restore

1.7

• Sensitivity Improvement Yes (2) · No (28)
  • Whitening Improvement Yes (1) · No (29)
  • Taste
Emily

EmilyCanberra 2600, ACT

Mouth ulcers and bleeding gums

This product it terrible. It created blistering mouth ulcers and receding gums. I had to go to the pharmacy and get treatment for it. I’m hoping it doesn’t lead to any infections. It hurts to eat and speak due to the pain of the ulcers. Do not use this product.

Purchased in January 2021 at Woolworths for $6.00.

DO NOT USE!!

Developed pain in my tongue and red ulcers on the bottom of tongue and didn’t think anything of it. Continued using the toothpaste and realised it was the cause of this reaction. It was too late and now I have swollen lips and ulcers all around my mouth, my tongue is really itchy and on fire. Went to the doctor and antihistamines aren’t even working!

Purchased in January 2021 at Woolworths Physical store for $4.00.

Cat

CatGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Blistering tounge

I have developed tiny painful blisters on the tip of my tongue and under it. I feel like my mouth is on fire. I can't believe this product is on the market! Have to go to doctor tomorrow to see how to remedy this - cant drink or eat without causing pain. Terrible terrible product.

Purchased in November 2020 at Coles for $10.00.

April

AprilGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Avoid

Worst toothpaste in the world. My teeth and mouth hurt. Do not use! I hope it goes. I advise to never buy it. It smells like deep heat. AVOID AVOID

Purchased in November 2020 at Chemist Warehouse.

Whatsoccurring

WhatsoccurringSouth East Queensland, QLD

Be careful of reactions

I have found the side effects from this toothpaste to be painful and a bit worrying. The inside of my lips are now swollen, peeling and sore. I have ulcers under my tongue and cracks on the top of my tongue. I have not had allergic reactions to anything before. I have read some other people’s experiences with this toothpaste and realise that others must find it ok. If you start getting these negative reactions then stop using it because it just gets worse if you carry on.
Maybe a warning on product would be helpful.

Purchased in October 2020 at Chemist Warehouse for $4.80.

Judy

JudySydney, NSW

Since Oral-B didn't want to post my review, I'll post it here.

Chrissy

ChrissySouth East Queensland, QLD

Left with terrible pain and inflamed gums.

After a few days of using this product I started to notice the nerves under my tounge and around my mouth started to become sore.
By the time I stopped using this toothpaste it was too late.
I now have inflamed and swallen gums. I stuggle to eat food and drink. Its so painful I cant move my tounge without feeling pain.
Im so cross that there was no warning of this happening.
No other toothpaste has given me this reaction am I'm not allergic to anything.
Maybe this product should have been tested more before releasing it to the stores.

Purchased in October 2020 at Woolworths Physical store for $6.00.

MitFam

MitFam

Had a reaction

I hate to report I have had a terrible reaction to this toothpaste. My inside of my mouth became ulcerated and I developed sore lips as well as angular cheilitis. I had the same reaction to the Gum Detoxify Toothpaste. I’ve never had this type of reaction before.

Purchased in September 2020 at Chemist Warehouse for $10.00.

Richard F.

Richard F.Canberra 2600, ACT

Great new toothpaste

Awesome new product. Soft mint flavour and almost no foam. Glad to see a product on the market that has taken out unnecessary chemicals. I dont need them. Well done Oral B.

Purchased in September 2020 at Woolworths for $5.00.

Oral-BOral-B

Thank you Richard! Nothing better than finding a toothpaste that works perfectly for you, great to hear you are loving our new Gum Care & Enamel Restore!

JANET

JANETMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

dreadful taste of deep heat

can't believe the dreadful taste of what i imagine deep heat would taste like. very disappointed as i thought Smooth Mint would be a mild mint as i do not like strong toothpastes. didn't experience ulcers sloughing etc as others have but cannot persist with the taste.

Purchased in September 2020 at Coles for $6.50.

Hi Janet,
We are sorry to hear that you have not enjoyed using this flavour, we hope that you can find another alternative in the Oral-B range that is better suited to you!

NZ320

NZ320Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worst toothpaste I've ever used. Caused bad breath!

This toothpaste caused my gums to peel, and my breath to turn foul. I brush twice a day for 2 minutes with an Oral B. electric toothbrush. It did something to the biology in my mouth. My morning breath was horrendous, and my breath would quite quickly turn bad after brushing in the morning. I wear clear retainers top and bottom when I sleep. In the morning, there would be bits in them that had peeled off my gums in the night. I've had to use Therabreath products to stop the bad breath after discontinuing the use of this toothpaste. Awful. I'f I could give no stars, I would.

Purchased in April 2020 at Chemist Warehouse.

Mossdan7

Mossdan7Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Not recommended for some people.

First time i used this toothpaste, after been using for 4 days, my gum starting swallen its looks like other people had a sam problem with this product , I stopped using this product now.

Purchased in August 2020 at Woolworths Online store for $8.99.

Sensitivity ImprovementYes
Wicky

WickyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Two days of use is all I’m willing to try

This product is surely faulty. I’ve never had any issues with toothpaste before and I tend to swap between whitening, and sensitive pastes of many brands. This toothpaste burns into your gums causing inflammation of your gums and pain lasting days after use. I’m assuming it contains a substance a large majority of the public are allergic to, so lucky you if you’re not experiencing these side effects! I’m throwing it straight in the bin. I’ve lost all confidence in this brand

Purchased in August 2020.

Dangerous product

I have been experiencing a terrible burning sensation inside my gums and on my tongue every since starting using this product a week ago, now my mouth is filled with ulcers inside both top and bottom lips. It's incredibly painful. I see other people have experience the same problem. I will stop using now and report back in a few days.

Purchased in July 2020 for $11.00.

MBT

MBTMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Have had burning sensation inside of top an bottom lips feels like allergic reaction.

Yes felt at first like the inside of my mouth had been scolded and now same is happening on roof of my mouth. Hope Oral B is reviewing given the number of similar experiences I have just read. Great shame as other products I have used have been good and hope this would do what was advertised.

Purchased in June 2020 at Coles for $6.00.

NashMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Nice product but,...

My gums swollen after use this toothpaste for 2 days. The rest was good, leave the fresh feeling after brush. I love this toothpaste. Is it how this product works, make the gum swollen after use it? Or is it just my gum have a problem and this product try to fix it when i use it.

Purchased at Woolworths Physical store for $5.00.

Whitening ImprovementYes
Nash

Thanks for the advise, i will try to use more water when i brush my tooth

Anna B

Anna BGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Works Wonders

At 57yo I have found that my gums and enamel need some help. I only realised how good it was after I used another toothpaste for a while. I love it and I have had very good results so far. I find the negative comments on this site to be surprising because I have not experience any of the side effects that have been mentioned.

Purchased in April 2020 at Coles for $5.00.

Hi Anna,
Thanks for this review! We can't get enough of the Enamel Restore either and are so thrilled that you are also enjoying this product!

Happy teeth

Happy teethGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Awful drying astringent feeling after use.

Ok people what is with this toothpaste? It's awful!!! Your products have always been great but this toothpaste takes the inside layer off your mouth leaves your gums stinging and your tongue burning for hours... I will never use it again

Purchased in May 2020 at Coles for $6.00.

Oral-BOral-B

Should be removed from shelves

Used this product once, tastes like deep heat and mouth is burning. This product should be removed from shelves. Worst toothpaste I've ever had. I normally don't do product reviews, but this oral b stuff is bad and needs a bad review.

Purchased in May 2020 at Coles for $6.00.

Loreen L.

Loreen L.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Dangerous reactive toothpaste

Dangerous product to use, I’ve always loved oral B, but this gum care product was meant to help sensitive gums... instead for two months using this, Immediately after finish brushing my lower and upper lips swelled. The gums surrounding my lips became immediately wrinkly. I never get allergic reactions and silly me, I thought this was normal, until I got an skin peeling from my lower lip. I purchased from coles and also chemist warehouse .

Purchased in February 2020 at Chemist Warehouse.