Oral-B Pro Health

• Sensitivity Improvement Yes (0) · No (32)
  • Whitening Improvement Yes (4) · No (30)
  • Taste

gums peel on first use

My gums started to peel on the first use of OrabB gentle whitening gum and enamel repair toothpaste, my tongue + lips feel slightly tingly + swollen. It's a complete waste of money as I will not use again; I definitely would not recommend!

Purchased in October 2020.

Reaction to new Oral-B toothpaste

I only used a small amount of this toothpaste but a some slid down my throat. I experienced extreem throat pain and swelling. I thought I was having an adverse allergic reaction but it then seemed as if my throat felt burnt. I googled the details of what I was experiencing & found it quite common. Followed recommendation of drinking milk & pain subsided to a bearable level. Pain did not disappear completely for 48 hours.

Purchased in September 2020 at Woolworths Physical store for A$5.00.

Diane

DianeGippsland, VIC

Skin Peeling from my Mouth

The first time I used it I thought it tasted awful. Then the next day my mouth was sore and white bits of skin started coming out of my mouth. I thought it was another sort of dental problem. I went back to my normal Oral B and after a couple months tried again as I bought a new one by mistake. The same thing happened but worse and lots of slimy skin was peeling off. With my husband he said it makes his mouth tingle. We threw it in the bin. What on earth is in this product!

Purchased in September 2020 at Woolworths Online store.

Find out how Oral-B Pro Health compares to other Toothpastes

Sensitivity to Sodium Lauryl sulfate is causing the mucous build up and peeling.

Mucosal peeling as a result of sensitivity to Sodium Lauryl Sulphate.
This is an annoying side effect that will probably push me back to Colgate toothpaste. Can you reduce the amount of SLS?

Purchased in August 2020 at IGA for A$3.99.

Sophie

SophieSydney, NSW

Would not recommend - hypersensitivity to this toothpaste.

As a previous user of Oral-B toothpastes, I thought I'd give this toothpaste a go. A week into using this, my gums around a tooth became swollen and this was followed by a sore mouth in the next couple of days (angry swollen mouth ulcers around my front lip, sore tongue). Every time I brushed my teeth with this toothpaste, my mouth stung incredibly. After a process of elimination, I could only put this effect down to using this toothpaste as I have not changed anything in my diet, mouthwashes, lip products etc. This is a shame because I actually liked the toothpaste but the side effects seriously don't justify its use.

Purchased in September 2020 at Woolworths for A$2.50.

Ellie1057

Ellie1057Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Awful - Leaves a stringy residue.

Just like everyone else. When I use this toothpaste my entire mouth peels. I end up with this stringy residue that I have to pick out because it drives me insane. Now I know it's common, it's gone right in the bin.

Purchased in July 2020 at Woolworths for A$7.00.

Its awfull

I was trying to google what is that thing peeling off from my mouth. Surprisingly its paste doing it. I didn't expect this and dont like it at all. This tooth paste is rubbish. How powerful have to be chemical in that paste to make your skin rip off mouth. Please stop making it. Its awfull

Purchased in July 2020 for A$1.00.

Cat M

Cat MPerth, WA

Will never use again!

Purchased this product because I wanted a real deep clean while brushing, which the product did do my teeth felt super clean. However after constant use for 2 + weeks I had a white film peeling from inside my mouth, once that subsided ulcers formed under and on my tongue and on the insides of my lips. On googling the problem it seems like alot of other people have the same issue. I will not use this product again.

Purchased in June 2020 at Coles.

Whitening ImprovementYes
Cotton C.

Cotton C.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Made in China.

It smells and tastes different than the real ORAL B product, any other issues are too early to tell. I stopped using it. Is this an imitation or P&G has chosen to have them made in China for better financial gain?
I noticed a similar comment from an Australian customer and P&G has not replied. I hope you see this and confirm that this is true so we can take you off our shopping list next time.

Purchased in July 2020.

PierreIllawarra, NSW

Sticky white crap in my mouth

Purchased in July 2020 at Chemist Warehouse for A$9.00.

Pierre

How can you help me unless you give me a refund on this god awful product?

Allergic reaction

Yes. Benne using this toothpaste for a few weeks and getting a reaction the same as what other people have complained about with the slimy film of skin coming out of my mouth, but it did start to settle down. Then one day last week about 1/2 hour after using it. The side of my mouth, bottom lip and underneath my jaw swelled up making it difficult for me to talk and with drinking. I was quite worried as I thought I was having some sort of stroke, but I was able to move all my limbs. I contacted my doctors and they said it was a severe reaction to the toothpaste. So now I am on a course of steroids and a anti-histamine to resolve the issue. So will not be buying any of the oral -b toothpastes again.

Purchased in June 2020 for A$3.99.

wayne67

wayne67AU

Made in China

After using this a couple of times noticed on the tube that is made in China, and reading the comments makes you wonder why in earth this is stocked on the shelves into the bin it goes good thing it was half price will never buy another oral b product again

Purchased in July 2020 at Woolworths for A$3.50.

Liam K

Liam KSydney, NSW

Shocking that this is still on the shelves

I started experiencing weird shedding in my mouth immediately after using it. At first I thought I was feeling excess toothpaste residue in my mouth but was mortified to discover the skin in my mouth falling away.

Sounds like everyone else is having the same experience or worse so I’m wondering why on earth it’s still being sold to consumers?!

Purchased in May 2020.

Amy N

Amy NMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Leaves a slimy film in mouth

Bought this toothpaste when on sale at the supermarket and never used this brand before and won’t again. Absolutely hate this toothpaste as it leaves a slimy film in my mouth after every brush.

Purchased in June 2020 at Coles for A$3.50.

kJm

kJmGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Causes excess saliva

I had recently started having an excess of saliva which caused severe irritation in the corners of my mouth and lips. After visiting my dentist I was advised that this could have been caused by Oral B toothpaste I had just started using. Since discontinuing the toothpaste - the problem has stopped

Purchased in April 2020 at Coles for A$5.00.

Whitening ImprovementYes

Bec

BecSouth East Queensland, QLD

Horrendous!!

Started using Oral B several days ago for 1.5 days. The inside of my mouth peeled each time I used this toothpaste. By the second day my gums were red and swollen and I had realised it was the toothpaste! Several days on I am in agony with mouth ulcers throughout my mouth and under my tongue. I can barely eat or talk, let alone brush my teeth now (with Colgate!). I cannot believe a product such as this is able to sit on shelves. I will never purchase any oral B product ever again. Terrible.

Purchased in May 2020 at Woolworths for A$5.00.

Laura A.

Laura A.Sydney, NSW

Gums peeling or residue? Ulcers and burning gums. Terrible 0/10

I bought and have been using this toothpaste for years this toothpaste thinking it would be a better choice for my teeth. Every time I brush my teeth it leaves a disgusting film (not sure if skin or residue from the toothpaste) which is particularly awful when at work and not convenient to pick out of mouth (particularly in times of Covid-19)
This toothpaste often makes my gums feel like they are burning and it has caused my partner recently to have a painfully blocked saliva gland. When googling the toothpaste I’m shocked to see so many people exhibited the same symptoms as myself and partner.

Purchased in May 2020 at Coles for A$10.00.

Don’t use

Got this as a free sample from Dentish . My god after using it in my month had like slim coming out of my gums sore and stinging. Did not realise at first it was the toothpaste . Until I went to the hygienist she told me it was the effect of the toothpaste . I changed straight away and my month went back to normal . Terrible experience would never recommend this product ever .

Purchased in January 2020 for A$10.00.

emily s.

emily s.Sydney, NSW

Dangerous.

Purchased in June 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for A$9.00.

Mills

MillsSydney, NSW

Horrific burning, stinging and peeling of inside of mouth and gums

If I could give zero stars I would. I intend to formally write to Oral-B and lodge a complaint about the affects this toothpaste had on me. As soon as I started using it my gums and inside of my mouth began stinging. After brushing only twice I have ulcers under my top lip, under my bottom lip, and around the sides of the inside of my mouth. The salivary gland underneath my tongue is completely irritated and blocked (having formed a bubble) due to the irritation. This product should be immediately recalled. Oral B are continuing to sell a product that affects the health of consumers and this is prima facie negligent.

Purchased in February 2020 at Woolworths Physical store for A$5.00.