Owlet Smart Sock

Owlet Smart Sock

Baby Monitors Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of baby monitor would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

4.2

• Battery Life
  • Connectivity / Reliability
  • Audio Quality
  • Video Quality
shaun

shaunQueensland

cant live without it

we purchased the smart sock after our newborn stopped breathing for no reason. the smart sock has been a god blessing for us allowing us to sleep at night and be notified if there are any issues whilst our baby is sleeping. I would recommend the smart sock to any parent weather your baby has apneas or not. it is 100% peace of mind

Purchased in August 2019.

Team O.Owlet

shaun, thanks for posting the review, we appreciate that. If you need anything in the future, do contact us. Kind regards, Owlet Team.

Don't waste your TIME or Money

Purchased in October 2019 at Baby Junction.

Sarah C.

Sarah C.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Works as advertised

Purchased in November 2019 at Baby Village Online store.

Chell

ChellMelbourne

Stopped working but Owlet replaced sensor - make sure you contact the AU help desk!

Purchased in October 2018 for A$479.00.

WendySouth East Queensland, QLD

Great idea but had glitches and uses old technology

Purchased in February 2020 at Owlet for A$429.00.

Natalie

NatalieSydney, NSW

Great product!

I bought the owlet sock for my first as it was recommended by a friend of mine who was a nurse in the children's hospital. She had done all the research on the market to find a product that provided accurate readings for babies and found the owlet sock. No further questions from me! It's a great product. We didn't end up getting a baby camera and only used this. My main concern as a first time parent was SIDS so the heart rate and oxygen reading was what I needed to be reassured as a parent. Our son's foot was quite big and grew out of the socks quite quickly and the sock needs to be in a reasonable distance from the dock or it will beep and not have a reading. Other than that it is a great product especially for first time parents.

Purchased in March 2019 at Baby Village for A$400.00.

Team O.Owlet

Natalie, thanks for posting the review and we are glad that the Smart Sock worked well for you and your partner. Kind regards, Owlet Team.

Kylie D.

Kylie D.South East Queensland, QLD

Literally a life saver!

The Owlet has saved our family from many sleepless nights after purchasing one for our second child after we lost our first child in his sleep at 21 month old. I rely on this device every night and it has saved a hospital stay after alarming us to low oxygen levels one night when our daughter came down suddenly with pneumonia. We are currently looking into another for our newborn for further peace of mind. Great product and very helpful and a quick replacement received when we had an issue.

Purchased in August 2018 for A$495.00.

Destiny

DestinySoutheast, SA

Life saver

I bought an Owlet for my second and I am so thankful I did as my son had chronic sleep apnea. It saved his life more than once.

It was easy to set up, I did find when he was a newborn it would lose connection alot which was annoying. The socks however wear down and break easy and I have needed to have my monitor replaced twice as it wouldn't change angmore.

I would reccomend it despite the small issues.

Purchased in October 2017 at Owlet for A$500.00.

Bree

BreeGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

so Disappointed

Purchased in March 2019.

Lily

LilyIllawarra, NSW

Peace of Mind

This is perfect product for first time moms who are little anxious about there little one going to sleep and knowing that even though they are fine you have that thought in the back of your mind that something may be wrong. This is the perfect product for you if you are like that.

I was that mum and I was always checking every two seconds just to make sure until a family friend gave me this gift and now it is the biggest must have that I could recommend to anyone in their pregnancies.

Team O.Owlet

Lily, thanks for posting the review and we are so glad that it's helping you relax while your baby is asleep. If you come across any questions, you can contact us on 03 9588 0999. Kind regards, stay safe, Owlet Team.

Amanda

AmandaThe Mallee, VIC

Best thing ever!

My 1 week old son spent the past week in hospital, Thank’s to this Owlet it alerted us that he’s heart rate was over 223bpm, Got Ayman to the hospital with in 15 minute’s, Blood test come back that he had a bacteria infection, If it wasn’t for the Owlet I wouldn’t have got Ayman to the hospital till he started showing sign’s that he had infection. We are home now & the Owlet sock is back on he’s foot. Don’t hesitate to buy the Owlet, It’s worth every dollar for peace of mind!

Purchased in January 2020 at TtN Baby Warehouse.

80% SpO2 threshold dangerously low, and mass data collection

Purchased in November 2019.

Georgesmum

GeorgesmumPerth, WA

Awesome

My baby was put on nighttime oxygen whilst in hospital and now needs it at home. The owlet sock has given us peace of mind that we will be warned if his oxygen goes too low! My only suggestion is that it would be handy to alter the oxygen level alarm as 80 is too low for my bub. 10/10 would recommend.

Purchased in September 2019 at Baby Bunting for A$400.00.

Brooke M.

Brooke M.Far North Queensland, QLD

Best item I have bought for my baby!

Purchased in February 2019 at Owlet Smart Sock for A$450.00.

Team O.Owlet

Brooke M, thank you so much for posting the review. We are so glad that the Smart Sock has served you and your family well. Owlet Team.

Victoria

VictoriaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Crap!!

Unable to use it despite the fact I’ve asked for help several times!
Customer service is poor and can not assist me with the issue. Lid for both sock and camera and can’t use either

Leigh

LeighIllawarra, NSW

Don’t take the risk

Had on for a few nights, inconsistent reading of sleep/awake time on the data history, constant heart rate/oxygen level was good. After purchasing, it is concerning to note that the Electromagnetic Field (EMF) results are far higher (8 V/m) than personal fitness monitors, mobile phones on wifi and on a call are 21v/m. This does not seem healthy at all considering it does not actually track movement from breathing. What does the company have to say about that? Consumers be aware.

Purchased in January 2020 at Baby Village for A$399.00.

Zico

Zico

Incredible until it broke

Loved the sock until the battery in the sock died at around 13 months, we're unable to charge of use the sock any more and i can't see how to get a replacement from them. To summarise, it was great until it just broke out of the blue with no way to fix it.

Team O.Owlet

Zico, where do you live? If you’re in Australia, just call our customer service number, 03 9588 0999. We will check which part has failed and replace it for you. Owlet Team.

Piece of rubbish not peace of mind

Do not buy this product! An expensive piece of garbage that provides zero piece of mind! It continuously goes off at night despite the sock placement being fine. You cant use it when your baby is too tiny because the sock doesnt fit properly and you cant use it as they get older because they wriggle a bit so what is the point? [Content Removed]! Mine is now 5 months and Im yet to have a decent night sleep without false alarms

Purchased in July 2019 at Baby Road .

Tammy Hodgkins
Tammy Hodgkins
Team O.Owlet

Tammy, if you send us a private message with your contact details, we can work something out for you. Kind regards, Owlet Team.

ForestGirl

ForestGirl

Good for peace of mind

The sock works well and gives me some peace of mind.

I've never had any alarms for issues but do occasionally have alarms for the sock coming loose and misplaced.

Purchased in July 2019.

Inconsistent

Purchased in September 2019 for A$500.00.

Susan Tones

Susan Tonesasked

Has anyone had any issues/ heard of anyone having issues with their baby getting cellulitus from the sock?

Team O.Owlet

Susan Tones, would you be referring to something that looks like a red mark around where the sock sits around the baby's foot? If you call our customer services, we can help with that, 03 9588 0999. Typically, the sock is too tight and causes sweating during the night. If you can move up to the next size sock, that will solve the problem. If you've lost the size 2 or 3 sock, again just contact us and we will send you a replacement. Kind regards, Owlet Team.

Lindsay

Lindsayasked

We have been using the Smart Sock since my baby was born (she is now 8 months) and we have never experienced any issues whatsoever.

I am so concerned about having radiation / WiFi directly placed onto her body. Are you able to alleviate these fears for me? Your responses state that the levels emitted are 20 x less than a mobile phone but it would be great if you could be more exact in regards to the output etc so that I feel more comfortable using this device. I am very concerned about this.

Lindsay,

Thanks for the question.

Our Smart Sock uses Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) to communicate to the base station, not WiFi. The base station then uses WiFi to communicate with your mobile phone.

As we've mentioned, the radio waves generated from the device are more than twenty times below that of the cellphones that are carried in our pockets all day. If it is of further reassurance, know that the Owlet Smart Sock is sold in the US, Canada, in Europe and Australia and conforms to all the regulations across these territories.

If you need a more specific answer, could you contact us on owletcare@danishbydesign.com.au.

Thanks & regards, Owlet Team.

NJK

NJKasked

Is there a difference between the smart sock 2 and smart sock? Some stores advertise the smart sock 2 but owlet only calls it smart sock..

Team O.Owlet

Hi NJK, they should all be the Smart Sock 2. The original Smart Sock phased out many years ago and was never imported into Australia. Kind regards, Owlet Team.

Get an answer from our members and Owlet representatives