Owlet Smart Sock 2

• Battery Life
  • Connectivity / Reliability
  • Audio Quality
  • Video Quality

I love it but the issues with the connectivity out way the positives...

I love how having the sock in combination with the cam knowing that she is not only sleeping but is okay. However the range between the base station and the sock is disappointing. Our house isn’t massive and the Bluetooth only has to go through one wall and two doors, about 10 meters and I get constant connectivity alarms, which is frustrating when she is sleeping, I should be to. We have the 2... any tips to improve the situation? I like having the base station in our room because the app has glitched before and the base station is more reliable in the event anything is wrong. I’m a bit frustrated....

Purchased in June 2020 for $699.00.

Sara Foley

Sara FoleySouth East Queensland, QLD

Peace of mind for this first time mum

Great product! I used this right up until my LO was 10 months old and never skipped a beat. Easy to use app and device and bub didn’t even notice it was on. Love it!

Purchased in May 2020.

Team O.Owlet

Sara Foley, thank you for sharing your experience, we are so glad that the Smart Sock worked well for your family! Kind regards, Owlet Team.

Fet91

Fet91Goulburn Valley, VIC

Amazing product!!

I purchased the owlet smart sock 2 after hearing recommendations from mum’s in my mothers group and it has honestly been the most valued baby item I have brought!! Nothing prepares you for being a new mum nor the sleep deprivation that comes too but the owlet has provided me peace of mind and many peaceful nights sleep (even with a sick child)!
The battery life is exceptional (often over 10 hours), I rarely ever have sock misplacement notifications & especially love the sleep analysis feature as it tracks my baby’s sleep patterns & quality!!
The customer service team here in Australia are fantastic & were quick to respond to my message when I had a query.
I could not rate the owlet smart sock more highly & recommend it to every new parent!

Purchased in January 2020 for $450.00.

Team O.Owlet

Fet91, we're so glad the Smart Sock worked well for you and your family. Thank you for leaving a review. Kind regards, Owlet Team.

sabina

sabinaSydney, NSW

Faulty sensor

Purchased in May 2018.

Meg

Meg

A LIFE SAVER..LITERALLY

Purchased in February 2021 at Owlet for $470.00.

Team O.Owlet

Product is good, but needs improvement

Purchased in October 2020 at Owlet for $440.00.

Faulty Product, No help from customer service

We purchased the Owlet Smart Sock 2 in May 2019. We immediately had issues, and the device stopped charging. It was replaced, but now, less than two years of buying the device it is not charging again. Owlet refuses to replace the faulty product, and is only offering me a almost $200 upgrade on the newer design. It is absurd that they expect me to pay another $180 on a device that didn't even last 2 years. I've read reviews, and this is an ongoing issue with the Smart Sock 2. Very Dissatisfied.

Purchased in May 2019 for $300.00.

Team O.Owlet

Shannon S, are you located in Australia? Different countries have different after sales policies based on local regulations. What you have described below is not the service we try to uphold in Australia. Kind regards, Owlet Team

Shannon S
Shannon S

I am in the United States. I wish the Owlet Care team in the US actually cared about their customers. Thank you.

Team O.Owlet

Shannon S, if you can send your details to owletcare@danishbydesign.com.au and ask for your mail to be sent to the GM in Australia, we will forward it to the head of customer service in the US. Kind regards, Owlet Team.

Ease peace of mind

Purchased in June 2020.

Lana T.

Lana T.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Was good whilst it lasted, which was not long enough

Purchased in July 2018 for $399.99.

Find out how Owlet Smart Sock 2 compares to other Baby Monitors

Waste of money. Frequent false alert which will wake your baby up. Connection issue between base and sock.

Sambee

SambeeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

I can sleep properly at night with peace of mind! It is great I can't thank you enough for this amazing product.

Reliable, accurate and great quality. I love the graph and history page! It has helped me as my daughter is a ex preemie and I a NICU mummy so this is a blessing for

Purchased in October 2019 for $465.00.

Team O.Owlet

Sambee, thank you for posting the review, we are glad the Smart Sock is working well for you and your family. Owlet Team.

Sasha

SashaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Bit annoyed

Bought this about 2.5 months ago & then they came out with a brand new one with more practicality, bit annoyed that it wasn’t mentioned on the website they were realising a new one or I would of waited , works perfectly fine but my 4month old is almost on to the last sock, so won’t fit him for the recommended time
Great design and works perfectly , just annoyed that I spent the money for him to probably only wear it for 6/7 months.

Purchased in September 2020.

Jodee

JodeeSydney, NSW

Very happy!!

Purchased in December 2019 for $450.00.

Team O.Owlet

Jodee, thank you for posting the review and sharing your experience. We are glad that your baby is safe and well and we've been able to help you. Kind regards, Owlet Team.

Carleigh HandleyJerrabomberra 2620, ACT

Been using for 7months

Purchased in April 2020.

Carleigh Handley

Yes that’s what I said, it tells us when it’s not getting a ready or is off.....
I had nil questions.............. but thanks

Alyce and Matthew

Alyce and MatthewMid North Coast, NSW

Initially had a faulty sensor. Was sent a replacement and now completely happy with the product.

Happy with product, great customer service, particularly from the USA contact number.
Had a faulty product but was able to be provided with a refund. A few postage issues however owlet we happy to ensure my issue was rectified.

Purchased in February 2019 for $399.00.

Team O.Owlet

Alyce & Matthew, we're glad that we were able to fix the issue for you. Don't hesitate to contact us if we can help in the future. Kind regards, Owlet Team.

DamionSouth East Queensland, QLD

Flimsy

The idea of this product is terrific but be wary as they’re quite flimsy.
It worked well for 2 months but then the charger input on the sock sensor broke. We were told it’s not a warranty concern and could buy a replacement for $180.
Disappointing that a $430 device became useless because of this.
Do some research as you might discover this is a common issue.
Hopefully they redesign the connector down the track, as it was a good product for the 2 months it worked.

Purchased in April 2019 at Owlet for $430.00.

Damion

Thank you I'll be in touch tomorrow, so we might try again :)
Cheers

Damion,
Pls do, it's an expensive product and we try to look after our customers. The laws are different in the US and we suspect you were 'treated' as if you are a resident there and not here in Australia. Kind regards.

Angel care is better

I’m sorry but my first baby had angel care. Some people have big houses and one owlet is out of range it triggers off. I was thinking this product would be a bit better with range. And the swing chair it goes off sometimes no reading. It’s the price that annoyed me. And the advertisement sold me. It should be more honest of what it can and can’t do.also takes ages sometimes
To view video and I have to turn off and on my phone for it to work, Mic drop

Purchased in May 2020 for $700.00.

Waste of money

This thing is the most overpriced, underperforming piece of garbage I've ever owned. At nearly $500 it almost never works, the battery charge is awful and trying to get a reading is one of the most frustrating experiences ever. Who thought that this would work when even the slightest movement tells you your new baby is wiggling. They do that. If you do manage to hold your baby still enough for it to start reading the base starts singing telling you the sock isn't on correctly. Do not recommend.

Purchased for $399.99.

Mikaela

MikaelaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

I love this

This sock does what it says it does. We have been using for four months now and this has helped us have a greater piece of mind knowing that we will be alerted if something is wrong. We have had no real issues with wifi or connectivity or battery life (using 12 hours a night- sick goes down to maybe 47% charge). I only wish there was a way to test that it’s working because it’s only ever alarmed once (I.e heartbeat test) for an even greater piece of mind). We had issues with sock placement at the start but quickly overcame by putting an actual sock on Bub after owlet and before onsie and then have never had an issue since

Purchased in April 2020 for $479.99.

Team O.Owlet

Mikaela, thanks for posting the review. We're glad the sock is working well for you and providing you with peace-of-mind. Kind regards, Owlet Team.

LaurenM

LaurenMSouth East Queensland, QLD

Sanity in a sock

This product is a literal life saver. The sock monitors BPM and oxygen saturation and quickly alerts parents/carers of any issues. My husband and I have slept better for our newborn twins than we did our first single pregnancy thanks to the Owlet Smart Sock. I was skeptical initially due to price however I have no regrets now that I have seen the sock in action.

A forewarning to new buyers - have the socks plugged in and setup prior to bringing bubs home as it can be a frustrating and time consuming set up. Once set up though, this is the perfect product!

Purchased in April 2020 at Baby Village for $459.99.

Elleigh

Elleighasked

Hi,
I own the oldest owlet sock. It has stop working but I was wondering if I could send the old one back and get some money off and purchase the newer model. Absolutely loved the sock and would love to get another one.
Kind regards,
Elle

Elleigh,

We don’t have a trade-in offer, sorry. Pls do contact us though, so we can help with your SS2. Call us on 03 8512 0888. Regards, Owlet Team.

MissE

MissEasked

Hi Owlet,
Really interested in purchasing the smart sock but wanting to wait for the 3rd Generation to arrive in Australia.
Can you advise of the changes/improvements from the Smart Sock 2.
Kind Regards,
Erin

MissE,
The SS3 will launch in Australia in late Oct. Some of the changes include that the new model will monitor your baby even when his/her foot is gently moving, charging of the sensor is wireless and the sensor itself is waterproof. It will also fit more babies as the weight range is from 5lbs to 30lbs which is a wider range than the Smart Sock 2. Expect the RRP to be around $479.99 while the SS2 is presently retailing for $429.99. Hope this helps, Owlet Team.

eras5207

eras5207asked

Is the 3rd generation sock arriving in Australia soon?

eras5207,

Hi, the 3rd generation is due in Australia towards the end of October. Do let us know if you have any other questions.

Owlet Team.

Get an answer from our members and Owlet representatives

The Owlet Smart Sock monitors your baby’s vital signs while they sleep. The sock wraps around a baby’s foot and tracks heart rate, oxygen levels and sleep using clinically tested pulse oximetry. When your baby is sleeping soundly and all vital signs are in the normal range, the base station ‘parent unit’ glows green. If heart rate or oxygen levels change, the Smart Sock alerts you using lights and sounds.

Features:

• Three fabric socks are included: for babies that are 1 month or weigh 2.72-3.62 kg, babies 1-4 months or weighing 3.62kg-6.35 kg, or babies 4-18 months or weighing 6.35-11.34 kg. This helps to accommodate your baby as they grow.
  • Stream real-time information on your baby’s heart rate and oxygen levels to your phone using the Owlet app, which requires iOS 12 or higher, or Android 5.0 or higher

Review Summary

Many parents and carers of babies praised the Owlet Smart Sock as working exactly as it should. The vast majority of reviewers awarded the product 5 stars, with some glowing reviews stating that the Owlet Sock is worth it for the peace of mind gained by knowing your baby is safe.

Please note that the Owlet Smart Sock and the Owlet Smart Sock 2 refer to the same product.

CategoryBaby Monitors