Owlet Smart Sock 2

• Connectivity / Reliability
  • Audio Quality
  • Video Quality

80% SpO2 threshold dangerously low, and mass data collection

Purchased in November 2019.

Georgesmum

GeorgesmumPerth, WA

Awesome

My baby was put on nighttime oxygen whilst in hospital and now needs it at home. The owlet sock has given us peace of mind that we will be warned if his oxygen goes too low! My only suggestion is that it would be handy to alter the oxygen level alarm as 80 is too low for my bub. 10/10 would recommend.

Purchased in September 2019 at Baby Bunting for $400.00.

Brooke M.

Brooke M.Far North Queensland, QLD

Best item I have bought for my baby!

Purchased in February 2019 at Owlet Smart Sock for $450.00.

Team O.Owlet

Brooke M, thank you so much for posting the review. We are so glad that the Smart Sock has served you and your family well. Owlet Team.

Victoria

VictoriaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Crap!!

Unable to use it despite the fact I’ve asked for help several times!
Customer service is poor and can not assist me with the issue. Lid for both sock and camera and can’t use either

Leigh

LeighIllawarra, NSW

Don’t take the risk

Had on for a few nights, inconsistent reading of sleep/awake time on the data history, constant heart rate/oxygen level was good. After purchasing, it is concerning to note that the Electromagnetic Field (EMF) results are far higher (8 V/m) than personal fitness monitors, mobile phones on wifi and on a call are 21v/m. This does not seem healthy at all considering it does not actually track movement from breathing. What does the company have to say about that? Consumers be aware.

Purchased in January 2020 at Baby Village for $399.00.

Zico

Zico

Incredible until it broke

Loved the sock until the battery in the sock died at around 13 months, we're unable to charge of use the sock any more and i can't see how to get a replacement from them. To summarise, it was great until it just broke out of the blue with no way to fix it.

Team O.Owlet

Zico, where do you live? If you’re in Australia, just call our customer service number, 03 9588 0999. We will check which part has failed and replace it for you. Owlet Team.

Piece of rubbish not peace of mind

Do not buy this product! An expensive piece of garbage that provides zero piece of mind! It continuously goes off at night despite the sock placement being fine. You cant use it when your baby is too tiny because the sock doesnt fit properly and you cant use it as they get older because they wriggle a bit so what is the point? [Content Removed]! Mine is now 5 months and Im yet to have a decent night sleep without false alarms

Purchased in July 2019 at Baby Road .

Tammy Hodgkins
Tammy Hodgkins
Team O.Owlet

Tammy, if you send us a private message with your contact details, we can work something out for you. Kind regards, Owlet Team.

ForestGirl

ForestGirl

Good for peace of mind

The sock works well and gives me some peace of mind.

I've never had any alarms for issues but do occasionally have alarms for the sock coming loose and misplaced.

Purchased in July 2019.

Inconsistent

Purchased in September 2019 for $500.00.

Team O.Owlet

This is perfect. Can't live without it!

I live in a huge house and the range on the sock is tremendous.
The monitor is super reliable but I hate the Android app I can never check live heart rate anymore (use to be able to with the old app)
I still get notifications out loud and on my phone as push notifications.
The monitor was super easy to set up!

Purchased in April 2019 for $399.00.

Amanda S.

Amanda S.Central, SA

This is great

This was amazing. My Baby got put on oxygen in hospital so bringing him home on oxygen was scary. Having the owlet sock helped monitor it. When he came off oxygen it was great to have, to make sure he wasn't dropping levels. It was easy to set up and easy to use. I loved that it fits under clothing. Would definitely recommend to others

Purchased in September 2019 at Baby Junction for $430.00.

Cherry

CherryPerth, WA

Saves my sleep

I love my owlet and I recommend it to everyone. The dimmed green light flashing next to my bed stopped me waking my peacefully sleeping baby to check he was definitely still alive for at least the first month. I also love the sleep monitoring function with the new app. My baby wears his monitor every night and most naps and he will until he's too big.

Team O.Owlet

Cherry, we're glad the Smart Sock is working well for you. Everything you've said in the review is everything we like to hear! Pls reach out to our customer services should you ever need anything. Kind regards, Owlet Team.

The service matches the product!

This product is amazing in itself but the customer service is just as fantastic! The most responsive, customer focused service I have ever had!! Not just for newborns! Our 14month old is in daycare and constantly sick this product lets us go to sleep easily knowing if his health declines we will be alerted to it, we will be using it as long as it fits on his foot!!! Thank you for the sleep!!!

D for DisappointedWestern Australia

FAIL FAIL FAIL!

Purchased in April 2019.

Team O.Owlet

Feel free to PM us with your contact details and we will contact you straight away. Owlet Team

Love it! Tech support is amazing!!

I love the Owlet Sock 2. I recently had issues with the sensor after 8months of everyday use so I called Tech Support who sent me out a new one free of charge.. it is so reassuring that we have support like that after spending so much on the product, which I would do again in a heartbeat.

I found the range from sock to base station is great, it still connects even after being behind 2 sets of closed doors.

Even after the issue with the app connectivity which happened recently I still had peace of mind that the sock and base station were still connected and if anything should happen the base station will still alert me.

Thanks for such a great product!!!

Team O.Owlet

TJ S, thanks for posting the review. We are so glad that the Smart Sock is providing you peace-of-mind. Do reach out to us again if we can help in any way. Owlet Team.

Disappointed with customer support

Although the product itself is quite good, we have had a few issues with our sock and camera and have tried multiple times to call customer support and left many messages and i am get to hear back from anyone. For a product that markets itself as top of the range and is one of the most expensive ones, you would think that good support comes with but No!

Purchased in September 2019 at Baby Village for $700.00.

Team O.Owlet

Nikki M. We are sorry to hear that. You can contact our call centre Mon - Fri office hours on 03 9588 0999. Or if you send a PM, we can contact you directly. Kind regards, Owlet Team.

Jenny

JennyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Foster carer.

As a foster carer I find the owlet smart sock excellent caring for different ages of babies especially with the three sizes of sock that come with it. Extremely happy

Purchased in July 2019 for $359.00.

Team O.Owlet

Jenny, thanks for posting the review. We are glad that the Smart Sock works well for your purposes and do reach out to us if there is anything we can do. Owlet Team.

Tarob

TarobMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Third child and i have never been able to sleep better with a newborn

I have been so happy and impressed with my owlet sock. I can go to sleep and wake up knowing baby is ok. I have suffered with anxiety and was always so much worse when my eldest two were babies. Now i can sleep without worry. I love it

Purchased in December 2018.

Team O.Owlet

Tarob, that's wonderful to hear. We have many people telling us that they wished the Smart Sock was around when their older children were babies. Do reach out to us if we can help with anything. Regards, Owlet Team.

philip

philipGoldfields, WA

Then best product to give us non stress sleep

We had trouble with our little one with heart rate issues so we decided to buy the owlet / smart sock, the product is so good that we sleep easy we can track her oxygen an heart rate an we go to sleep at night with no more anxiety an less stress , this is a must have for piece of mind an it really does work an the wifi range is amazing, it’s real-time recording an accuracy is amazing 2nd to none , we are very happy parents

Purchased in August 2019.

Team O.Owlet

philip, thanks for posting the review and we are so glad that our Smart Sock is helping you and your partner sleep with less anxiety. Do contact us if we can help with anything. Owlet Team.

Britt

BrittSouth East Queensland, QLD

Sensor fail expensive replacement

Initially we were extremely happy with this monitor after purchasing it second hand from the previous owner who had only used it a couple of months. After we had been using for 8 months the battery just all of a sudden stopped charging. When I contact owlet to ask about a replacement battery they said the only option was to buy a completely brand new sensor which costs $180! So the monitor which we bought for $300 is now completely unusable unless we make another purchase of $180 to replace the sensor which I got told on the phone often happens after one year of using this product and is not a user error! So upsetting and a very expensive monitor if it can be only used for such a short time!
NB: I do not have receipt from original owner

Team O.Owlet

Britt, it's awkward to send out free replacement parts when there is no receipt or we cannot identify the original purchase date. We did send you a private message yesterday, if you can respond to that, we'd love to see if we can help. Owlet Team.

Susan K.

Susan K.asked

When you say suitable from birth, can you please advise what size that is. A couple of reviews make note of the fact the socks do not fit I’m concerned we will have this issue. We have a premi baby, she is little and I want to know that the Owlet will fit her.

Team O.Owlet

Susan K. Babies differ so much one from another. Generally, the three sizes of socks that come with the Smart Sock will cover the first 18 months, or from birth to 25Ibs in weight. The SS2 is not suitable for premature babies, both in terms of the smallest fabric sock not being a good fit as well as the accuracy levels of the pulse oximeter.

Do give us a call if you have more questions, we want to be sure that you're making the right decision for your circumstances. 03 9588 0999.

Kind regards.

Karen R.

Karen R.asked

Do the monitors work with twins, having two devices in on room or is there to much interface?

Team O.Owlet

Karen R, yes, our SS2 does work with twins, though you will need to buy two complete units of course. If you would like a full run down of how, perhaps give us a call on 03 9588 0999 - it would be easier to explain over the phone. Kind regards, Owlet Team.

D for Disappointedasked

Is there any danger of your organisation addressing customer concerns at all?!??
When you pay for a product it should work and customer service should support the customers...

Get an answer from our members and Owlet representatives