Owlet Smart Sock 2

Owlet Smart Sock 2

Lifesaver literally

So all I can say is thank you to The owelet baby monitor.
Woke up at 430 to his monitor going off red alert.. alerting his heart rate was above 220 bpm

He was asleep I jumped out of bed and checked him and was in shock when his skin was so hot I could hardly hold him his temp was 39.4 C
His pulse was racing and he wasn't really responding no talking no nothing just staring into blank space
Rushed to hospital he has a serious upper respiratory infection. He is doing well now. I could only imagine what could have happened if we didn't know and he stayed in bed with that high of a temperature without intervention
He is on the mend now and I couldn't imagine not having this product

Purchased in September 2018 for $429.00.

Battery Life
Bethany C, we are so glad to know that your son is fine. One of the major benefits of our Smart Sock is that it will notify you if the heart rate or oxygen levels fall out of range, unlike a video monitor that relies on you to do the monitoring. We do hope our device will continue to provide you peace-of-mind. Do remember though, it is not a medical device. Owlet Team.

This is great

Easy and quick to use. Love the smart sock. I had an issue with the sensor after it wouldn’t plug into the charger properly. I was devastated, I use the sock every night. It just gave me peace of mind. I had a chat with their help support on their website, they sent me out a new sensor. I received it in a couple of days.

I can’t wait till the camera comes out in Australia. I’ll be getting that too

Purchased in September 2018 at Sydney Wide Chiropractic for $399.00.

Battery Life
Katrina, thanks for posting the review, we really appreciate that. With daily usage, the sensor can get dust trapped in the charging socket or the connection just fail sometimes. We're glad it's providing you and your partner peace-of-mind and some restful sleep. The Owlet Cam should launch here towards the end of May. Regards, Owlet Team.

Peace of mind, and great customer service

The Owlet is the first product I recommend to friends. It is easy to use and comfortable for my son to wear (12mths), and gives us peace of mind. I also like the connected care app which shows sleep trends, etc. We had a problem with the sock receiver just outside of the warranty period, and the customer service (Australia) has been amazing to deal with and sent us a replacement receiver.

Purchased in February 2018 for $400.00.

Battery Life
Trudif, we're glad the Smart Sock is providing you with peace-of-mind. Thanks for taking the time to post the review and don't hesitate to contact us if we can help with anything. Team Owlet.

Do not think about buying one, make sure you do buy one.

We are parents who devastatingly had lost our beautiful 11 month old child to the flu unexpectedly in her sleep.
When finding out we were pregnant again last year, we wondered how we would ever sleep again.
I researched everyday for a sleep monitor and I am so so so glad I settled with the owlet.

The owlet has been nothing short of amazing, the peace of mind means we can get rest at night time.
Unlike other sleep monitoring systems on the market, our owlet does not give out false alarms leading to a manic run to bubs side.
The different sized socks are amazing as you can continue to use the monitor as your baby grows. Thank you for bringing sleep into our house.

Purchased in April 2018 for $400.00.

Battery Life
Cat, thanks for posting the review, we really appreciate that. Incredibly sad to read your about your 11 month old. We do hope our Smart Sock 2 will continue to provide you some peace-of-mind. Do remember, it's not a medical device but will notify you if either the heart rate or oxygen levels fall outside the parameters. Owlet Team.

Owlet is worth every dollar.

As a first time parent I was a little apprehensive of sleeping. Owlet has been a game changer. The Owlet has given us a piece of mind during the hours we aren’t able to monitor our little one. It was incredibly easy to set up and use and the data it provides has been helpful in noting patterns. The price tag is a little heavy but it really is worth it.

Purchased in January 2019.

Battery Life
JaeSkye, thanks for posting the review, we really appreciate that. We're glad it's providing you and your partner peace-of-mind and some restful sleep. Owlet Team.

No worries

I love the Owlet Smart Sock. It has given me peace of mind and the ability to sleep. Right from newborn until now (8 mths) it has been used daily. Love it. No issues with set up or usage.

Purchased in August 2018.

Battery Life
Cat, thanks for posting the review, we really appreciate that. We're glad the Smart Sock is helping you get some sleep - don't hesitate to contact us if we can help with anything at all. Team Owlet.

Peace of mind

We are first time parents, our baby was born 5 weeks premature. Once baby was home we were up every 30 mins to check he was ok. Husband bought the Owlet, after we had a different baby monitor that was "supposed" to monitor their movements with the pads under the mattress, however if you have a ceiling fan on it doesnt work !
At my wits end we bought this, and it has been the peace of mind that we needed, no more wondering how he is doing, alarm works great (accidentally took it off activating it).

Was very easy to set up, foot monitor is easy to use every night, app is easy to work.

I have suggested this product to all my friends for the peace of mind that all parents need.

Haylee83, we are so glad our Smart Sock was a good solution for you & your husband. Thanks for posting this review, we really appreciate that. Feel free to contact us if we can ever help with anything. Owlet Team.

5 stars isn’t enough!!!

Absolutely the best baby monitor ever !! I sleep so much better at night because of this monitor.
It’s all pretty straight forward to set up the instructions that come with it explain it well enough and the peace of mind it brings this thing pays for itself ! Love it

April 9th 2019 Update: Can’t live with out it so much peace of mind

We got the owlet for my son who is now 4 months old it has brought so much peace of mind and is worth every cent !!
We had a small issue to begin with where the sock wasn’t lasting 8 hours despite being charged all day. I contacted customer support who helped me reset the system and told me to wait another night and if it didn’t work to contact them again. The next night same thing happened and so at 6 am I did a live chat the woman was so helpful and said she would send replacement parts. With in 5 days ( I’m in Australia ) she sent a new sock insert and cord free of charge. It’s now lasting the 18 hours !

Purchased in September 2018 for $400.00.

Karlie, thanks so much for taking the time to post the review. We're glad you & your partner are able to sleep better because of the Smart Sock, that's exactly what we are aiming for! Owlet Team.

Best baby monitor we ever bought

The owlet smart sock is a great product.. it gave us peace of mind where other under bedding devices didn't. It monitors heart rate and oxygen levels and sleep patterns with audio warnings when there is an issue and when connected to the wifi it links to your mobile phone and can alert you anywhere you have phone reception. You can check the history of your babies sleep patterns and levels. It took a little to set up but was not difficult you just have to give it time to register the base.. be patient. But the instructions are clear. It is well worth buying as our daughter had breathing issues early on an we could see how she was doing during sleep with live feedback readout on the phone.

phoenix, we're so pleased to know that the Smart Sock is providing you peace-of-mind, thank you for posting the review and being one of our first customers in Tasmania! Owlet Team.

Peace of mind

I have had 2 preemie babies, if only this monitor was available with my first i could have slept much better. If your a parent that doesn't sleep even when you have the opportunity to because you keep checking your baby this is the device for you. I have never had a red false alarm, it has been 100% reliable unlike many of the other monitors out there i have tried. This works exactly like the hospital breathing/heartrate monitors but its wireless.

Taryn, thank you for posting the review and we are so glad that our Smart Sock is providing you the reassurance you need. Our product is not a medical device like the hospital monitor, nevertheless by tracking your baby's heart rate and oxygen levels, we will be able to notify you if your bub is in distress, something they may not be able to do by themselves. Happy sleeping! Owlet Team.

The best monitor out there.

We decided to purchase the owlet to track our babies sleep, heart rate and oxygen, it came the very first day we got home from the hospital with our newborn son and we have used it ever since. It gives my hubby and I peace of mind every night knowing if god forbid something does go wrong it will sound an alarm. It’s amazing. We couldn’t live without it and I recommend it to everyone I know who has a baby or is having a baby. Oh and I love the owlet app for iPhones, shame it doesn’t have the same app for Android yet.
Thank you owlet!

Chelkee, thanks for posting the review. We're glad it's providing you with peace of mind. The standard app is available for both iOS and Android devices. The Connected Care app isn't yet available on the Android platform, but we're working on it! Owlet Team.

Wonderful can’t sleep without

When I first saw the owlet ad while I was pregnant I was skeptical. Then our first night in hospital after bath my husband and I kept checking it our new baby was breathing we decided to purchase the owlet monitor. The difference it has made to our anxiety and ability to sleep more soundly is incredible. If I wake up during the night I just glance at the base station to know he’s breathing and the knowledge that If his heart rate or oxygen levels drop an alarm will go off just puts our mind at peace when heading to bed. Thank you owlet!!

Cassie, thank you for posting the review, we really appreciate that. Wonderful to hear that our Smart Sock is providing you and your husband peace-of-mind. Kind regards, Owlet Team.

For peace of mind if nothing else!

We purchased the owlet the night our 8 week old daughter was admitted to hospital after she was found purple in her bassinet. They couldn’t tell us why she’d stopped breathing but the owlet has given us such peace of mind that if were to ever happen again we would know immediately.

The sock connects to both of our phones (able to be accessed outside of the home also if one of us is out!) and also a base station. The base station changes colour based on what’s happening and will also send out a musical alert or alarm noise if there are any issues.

In the box comes the different sizes to grow with her. It’s such a gentle fit on her foot that it hasn’t bothered her at all. The app gives detailed information about her oxygen level, pulse and sleep quality and does a daily review.

Very simple to set up with a guide through the app as well as instructions in the box. Worth every expensive dollar that it cost us and more! Highly recommend for every parent to have one.

Kelly N, thanks for posting your experience with our Smart Sock and we're so glad it's providing you with peace of mind. Owlet Team.

Not worth the price tag

So I bought this after my son was born and was taken to nicu due to breathing problems and thought it would
Give me peace of mind, instead it was nothing but trouble it kept going off for no reason because it lost connection it marked his foot and the everyday charging was annoying, it was bulky and was unable to put onesies on unless they were footless, returned it and got my money back as it wasn’t worth the hassle or the price.

Jessica.L, We're so disappointed the Smart Sock didn't work for you. We do offer a 45 day no quibbles money back guarantee so people can buy-and-try, so glad that you were able to take that up. Kind regards, Owlet Team

The peace of mind we needed for a good nights sleep!

I think the Owlet is fantastic! Our bub is a tummy sleeper and after countless nights awake worrying we thought we would give the smart sock a go and it is great! Gives us the peace of mind we needed to get a good nights sleep! My partner works away so it is even more comfort for me when i’m home alone to know that if anything goes wrong in the night I will be alerted. Also takes the guesswork out of Bubs sleeping patterns and makes it easy to track changes in cycles around wonder weeks, sickness etc.
I was almost put off purchasing as I had read plenty of negative reviews based around the range covered by the monitor, which I guess is a problem which must have been resolved as we have coverage throughout the entire house meaning we can have the monitor in a different room to bub with his sock on.
The sock does need to be charged daily, I don’t find this a problem, I just put it on when I dress him for bed at night and remove it and plug it in as soon as he wakes so it is left to charge throughout the day and I don’t use it for day naps as he doesn’t have long day naps and we are often out of the house anyway BUT I could see this being a big issue to people who did want to use it for all sleeps.
I found the instructions very brief but that’s really my only complaint with it so far.

Thisaves my sleep!!!

I bought the owlet after many sleepless nights with my previous children. Although it has not gone off while I slept, my current baby has a tendency to choke on her EBM. The monitor has gone off twice when her O2 levels have dropped. This has seen my husband jump out of bed faster than I have ever seen him before.

The only thing I wish is the batter lasted longer or it came with 2battrries. Little babies sleep a lot. I have had to put her to sleep without it. I also wish there was an option to buy extra socks on the Australisn website. My little one has pooped on the sock a few times from explosions.

The range is ok. I have a long house between my bedroom and the nursery it is fine. If I walk down the kitchen/rumpus it will activate the yellow alter.

AMH, thanks for posting the review and we're glad our Smart Sock is helping you sleep. The battery should last about 18 hours between charges, the app on your phone will provide an indication of how much charge is left. If you feel that's not happening, please call our Australian call centre on 07 3245 6190. Socks are available from our Australian store, here is the link:- https://owletcare.com.au/collections/all-products Again, thanks for leaving the review, we really appreciate that. Owlet Team.

Love it

I really do love this monitor and if you have any problems call the Australia tec support make sure that you actually deal with the Australian company that bring this in , they are wonderful to deal with but the American company which is on their website and not very helpful so just make sure that you always deal with the Australian company then number is 07 3245 6190

It has both pros and cons...

Loved the idea, especially as Bub spent her first week in the Special Care Nursery.
We had issue receiving the product, but having used it now for 5months we both love and loathe it.
Love: knowing it will beep/play at us if her vital stats go outside the parameters! Of course! Love that it’s an easy slip on sock and bubs doesn’t mind having it on.
Loathes: charging it everyday. Like theres not a thousand other things bubs needs me to stay on top of!
Chargers going faulty. Our second one stopped working this week. So even though we plug it in every morning once bubs is up, it’s only part charging during the day and when we go to put it on at night it’s basically pointless. Not keen about having to contact Owlet as the first faulty charger was a pain to replace... no consistency with customer service contacts. Urgh.

MUG81, we're so sorry to hear the charging is causing you difficulties. When you originally bought the product all those months ago, you would have been dealing with our call centre in the US, however we have since set up an operation in Australia. If you call 07 3245 6190, we'll help you work out what is not working and replace it under warranty for you. Kind regards, Owlet Team.

Great piece of mind

I have been using this monitor as a ftm and I absolutely love it, I just love knowing that it monitors her breathing so I know she is okay whilst I’m asleep, have not had a problem with it at all, I highly recommend this product to anyone, especially mums with a little anxiety around sids

Rhiannon, we are so glad to hear our Smart Sock is helping you. Thanks so much for sharing your experience, that's really important to us. Owlet Team.

Customer support is exceptional!

My husband purchased Owlet smart sock 2 based on exceptional recommendations from his friends. He also purchased spare 3 socks just in case.
I happened to run into an Owlet representative few days later and was chatting to him about colours available. He took down my details and promised to send me the color I am after. I couldn’t believe it... it arrived. I know this post is not about the ease of set up or reliability (will post that after bub is born), but this is about exceptional customer service, which let’s be honest, is hard to come by nowadays.

August 5th 2018 Update: As promised! Owlet review

I cannot imagine closing my eyes for a minute without having the owlet sock on my bubby.
The set up was super easy and this amazing chat support owlet has going on is very very well done.
As a first time (very paranoid) mum, this is somewhat saving my sanity.
Thank you to the guy who was at the baby show in April and told me all about this product.

September 3rd 2018 Update: Owlet Smart Sock 2

Extremely happy with this product. Our munchkin is 5 weeks old now and owlet is on her foot every second it’s not charging.
The peace of mind it provides allows me to sleep at night, which I’m sure every new mother will appreciate.
Few times I left her with mum, I could check up on her using the app.
Word of advice: get an extra lot of socks because poo explosions happen all the way down to their socks :)

Thanks for posting the review Diana, we are new in Australia so really appreciate everyone that writes about our baby monitor. We hope when you start using the Smart Sock, it will provide you and your husband peace of mind. Reach out to us if you need any help setting it up. Owlet Team.Thanks for the updates Diana Z, great to know our Smart Sock is still providing you with peace of mind. Owlet Team.Guys your product is amazing. Saved my daughter.

Will the sock work under a swaddle? My baby sleeps naked but swaddled every night
JacsB, yes it will. The Smart Sock has to go on a bare foot, but you can put another piece of clothing over the foot thereafter. Don’t hesitate to give us a call on 03 9588 0999 - or chat with us via our website - if you have any other questions. Happy Easter, Team Owlet.

Very interested in this product, but am wondering if anyone has experienced issues with Bluetooth dropping out? Not talking about range in regards to where you have the base in relation to the sock, but it says the data is transmitted through Bluetooth which alarms the base if anything is wrong and I am interested in knowing who reliable that Bluetooth connection is.
Rachel, It’s very difficult to answer your question actually because the reliability of the connection depends on the structure of the walls and floors between the baby’s room and where you intend to place the base station. We have very few dropouts but having said that, keep in mind that alerts are also provided on your phone if you download the free app, so you can always place the base station close to your baby so long as you keep your phone close. We’d also highlight our 45 day money back guarantee. If you find the Smart Sock is just not working for you, you can return it. Hope this helps. Owlet Team

Hi, I’m wondering if the anyone else worries about the baby being exposed to Bluetooth/WiFi radiation or if we know what the longterm exposure effects are? Also someone mentioned to me that the oet Alarms you when Ehe the oxygen levels reach a certain low level that might be too low to interfere? Why would you recommend it over a breathing mat?
Izzy M, That’s a good question. The Owlet Smart Sock uses Bluetooth Low Energy technology to communicate from the sock to the base station parent unit. Bluetooth LE uses very little energy and has been deemed safe by standards in the USA as well as Australia, but you could research the subject yourself too, make sure you’re OK with it. Ultimately, any monitor you use is going to use some kind of broadcast technology. The biggest difference between our product and breathing mats is that we are not trying to measure the abdomen movement of your baby; our own-designed pulse oximeter is physically taking a read of your baby’s heart rate and oxygen levels every 2 seconds. Our Smart Sock will only notify you when one or both of these metrics are outside of the pre set zones. We believe you will receive far fewer false notifications and not be troubled by a ceiling fan for example by using our Sock. Our product is also very portable in comparison. The product has been on sale in the US for around three years now and the zones for heart rate and oxygen levels have been set after consultations with medical professionals. We believe that if your baby is in distress, our Smart Sock will notify you. Owlet Team

Similar listings