Owlet Smart Sock 2

Owlet Smart Sock 2

Foster carer.

As a foster carer I find the owlet smart sock excellent caring for different ages of babies especially with the three sizes of sock that come with it. Extremely happy

Purchased in July 2019 for $359.00.

Connectivity / Reliability
Jenny, thanks for posting the review. We are glad that the Smart Sock works well for your purposes and do reach out to us if there is anything we can do. Owlet Team.

Third child and i have never been able to sleep better with a newborn

I have been so happy and impressed with my owlet sock. I can go to sleep and wake up knowing baby is ok. I have suffered with anxiety and was always so much worse when my eldest two were babies. Now i can sleep without worry. I love it

Purchased in December 2018.

Battery Life
Tarob, that's wonderful to hear. We have many people telling us that they wished the Smart Sock was around when their older children were babies. Do reach out to us if we can help with anything. Regards, Owlet Team.

Then best product to give us non stress sleep

We had trouble with our little one with heart rate issues so we decided to buy the owlet / smart sock, the product is so good that we sleep easy we can track her oxygen an heart rate an we go to sleep at night with no more anxiety an less stress , this is a must have for piece of mind an it really does work an the wifi range is amazing, it’s real-time recording an accuracy is amazing 2nd to none , we are very happy parents

Purchased in August 2019.

philip, thanks for posting the review and we are so glad that our Smart Sock is helping you and your partner sleep with less anxiety. Do contact us if we can help with anything. Owlet Team.

Sensor fail expensive replacement

Initially we were extremely happy with this monitor after purchasing it second hand from the previous owner who had only used it a couple of months. After we had been using for 8 months the battery just all of a sudden stopped charging. When I contact owlet to ask about a replacement battery they said the only option was to buy a completely brand new sensor which costs $180! So the monitor which we bought for $300 is now completely unusable unless we make another purchase of $180 to replace the sensor which I got told on the phone often happens after one year of using this product and is not a user error! So upsetting and a very expensive monitor if it can be only used for such a short time!
NB: I do not have receipt from original owner

Battery Life
Britt, it's awkward to send out free replacement parts when there is no receipt or we cannot identify the original purchase date. We did send you a private message yesterday, if you can respond to that, we'd love to see if we can help. Owlet Team.

Amazing product

I received the owlet sock as a gift when my son was born and we have been given peace of mind every night. Recently a part in the sensor broke and I was sent a replacement part straight away. I am beyond thankful for the exceptional service I received.

My saving grace!

Have used smart sock since birth of baby. So thankful for it. Gives me peace of mind knowing it will alert if something is wrong. Love the apps to track data. I feel so confident with it.

The Australian Support team have been amazing also with any issues/enquires as well. Making the Owlet experience amazing!

Purchased in April 2019 at Baby Village Online store for $700.00.

Video Quality
Battery Life
Jelicia T, we're so glad that our Smart Sock 2 is providing you peace-of-mind and hopefully some restful sleep for you and your partner. Thanks for posting the review and please continue to use our Australian call centre if ever we can help. Owlet Team.

Piece of mind

Impressed is an understatement. When I found out I was having my son, I knew I needed a monitor, upon doing some research I found the owlet. Using the owlet has given me complete piece of mind, I often would wake up worrying if he was breathing, with the owlet it tracks your babies breathing and heart rate, when everything is good the base station is green. I kept the base station on my bedside table, I’d often wake up, look over and be relieved when I seen green. It truly was a god send especially in the early days. We still use it when he sick, it’s amazing.

Definitely worth the money, you won’t regret it.

Purchased in January 2018 for $400.00.

Battery Life
Demi, thanks for posting the review, we're so glad that our Smart Sock worked for you. We have lots of parents who tell us about seeing the green glow and being able to go back to sleep because of it! Owlet Team.

Owlet Camera - Rubbish!

We purchased the Owlet Camera and I am extremely dissapointed so far.

The setup won't work (registration errors) and when calling for assistance at 3.45pm the only technical support person had apparently left for the day and would probably call back tomorrow. I'm not sure how troubleshooting is supposed to occur when we work during the day and won't have access to the camera. The technical support person clearly doesn't work outside of business hours. My husband works in networking and has worked through every possible setting, and it is clear this is a fault with the camera and/or mobile app.

We will be requesting a full refund and buying a more reliable monitor with adequate technical support services.

Purchased in August 2019 at Owlet Website for $279.99.

Connectivity / Reliability
Update: The technical support person didn't bother returning our call today either.Danielle, we're very sorry for the experience you've had. Our Australian call centre is open during business hours, but we do have a chat service operational 24/7. If you have not returned the unit for a refund and would like to talk to someone, pls do contact us on 03 9588 0999. Owlet Team.Thank you for your response; however, when we called we were told there was only one person available that could provide technical support and were advised they had gone home for the day (noting it was only 3.45pm). This person has still never attempted to return our call. I attempted contact online and was directed to the phone number to arrange a refund and was not offered an alternative avenue for technical support. It's unfortunate this was our experience as we really wanted the product to work. If the technical support was adequate I would have been willing to persevere. I hope this feedback assists you to improve this service in the future.

Power Outage Concerns

After recently purchasing for my Granddaughter the Owlet Sock 2 although very pleased with this product was very surprised to find out there was no way of being alerted if there was a Power Outage. So its very concerning that the baby wouldn't be monitored during an Outage and the parents would have no way of knowing this was the case if they were asleep.

Purchased in May 2019 at The Baby Gallery Physical store for $399.00.

Battery Life
Jeff B., thanks for posting the review. It's true that a power outage would impact the operation of the Smart Sock. Those are rare, but we accept your concern. You can circumvent the issue by using a battery powered USB bank to power the Base Station. As the connection between the Sock and Base Station is bluetooth, the fact that wifi in your home is down would not impact the notifications from the Base Station. Hope this makes sense, but feel free to call us if you'd like to chat further, 03 9588 0999. Kind regards, Owlet Team.I have been giving this a lot of thought. Is it as simple as updating the Sock 2 App so as to activate a noise (loud enough to get someones attention even if they were sleeping) on your Mobile Phone if the wifi connection is lost from the Base Station as would happen if there was a power outage?Jeff B, not sure, but we will share this with our developers in the US. Thanks again. Owlet Team.

This identified our baby's heart condition. Worth the money!

We bought the owlet sock for my peace of mind. Little did we know it would actually identify that our son had SVT, a condition where his heart rate can suddenly go up to 300 bpm. Without the sock we wouldn't have found out until he showed other signs of being unwell. I can't recommend this product highly enough. I only wish there was a portable version that could give me the same peace of mind outside the house!

Purchased in May 2019.

Battery Life
Lauren H, thanks for posting the review. The Smart Sock 2 is not a medical device and not able to treat or diagnose medical conditions, however it seems the data helped you in this case. We're so pleased about that and the ongoing well being of your son. Kind regards, Owlet Team.

The best thing ever!

This is the best thing I have bought for my baby, we came across it at a baby fair in Sydney and I honestly cannot recommend the smart sock enough! Worth every cent. Seeing the green glow of the base station at night let’s me know my baby is breathing and sleeping soundly without having to constantly check on her. My baby isn’t bothered wearing the sock and we have had no false alarms, other than when my helpful husband has put the sock on a bit too loosely.

Battery Life
Kelly, that's great to hear, thanks for taking the time to post the review. Owlet Team.

Gives us peace of mind

Our little man has been diagnosed with laryngomalacia since he was 6 weeks old. This sock has honestly been the best purchase for us, giving us such peace of mind! Easy to set up, easy to use, he isn't bothered by the sock on his foot, and we can all sleep at ease now!

Purchased in June 2019 for $450.00.

Emily, thanks for posting the review. The Smart Sock is not a medical device, though it will notify you if your little man is having trouble breathing or with his heart rate. In that respect, we're glad we are able to provide you with some peace-of-mind. Owlet Team.

The battery stops working after the warranty expires and you have to buy a replacement piece for $180. Beware.

The battery stops working after the warranty expires and they will not assist. You have to buy a replacement piece for $180. They will not help you outside of warranty and do not allow warranty’s to be transferred. Do not purchase unless you are happy to throw this out after 12 months.

Purchased in February 2018.

Battery Life
Nicole, we look after our consumers in Australia long after the 12 month warranty expires, but you mentioned you bought this product in Jan 2017, that’s two and a half years ago. And at that time, the Smart Sock was not available in Australia. Pls send us a message so we can understand your situation and help you. Kind regards, Owlet Team.I already spoke with a customer representative who stated that as I was the second owner there was no assistance available, regardless of the date of purchase. I said I knew the owner and could get the receipt but he said that was a waste of time as I could not use the warranty and it was probably out of warranty anyway. I do not know the exact purchase date as I do not have the receipt so I just picked a date.I have the receipt now and can confirm the date of purchase was February 2018. I will update this.

Good.

I do love this Product the only reason I wouldn’t give it five stars is because I’ve had to replace the monitor and the base station and occasionally it also loses Wi-Fi connectivity through the night which causes a LOUD alarm waking you in a panic.We also thought it would be a good idea to take on our holidays and connect to the hotel Wi-Fi but unfortunately it wouldn’t connect.

Purchased in October 2018 for $400.00.

Battery Life
Sarah S, thanks for posting the review. Sorry to hear that we've had to replace a couple of parts for you - we do have our call centre and spare parts inventory in Melbourne, so hopefully the service we gave you was good and prompt. Feel free to call us, but the sock and the base station work via Bluetooth, so it should be easily used in hotels etc., away from home. Wifi (and data) is necessary only if you want the notifications on your phone app. Kind regards, Owlet Team.

My must have

This is hands down the best purchase we have made!
We have used this for 9 months and cannot fault it. It has given us piece of mind and much better sleep.

I love the connected care app and literally check it every day to see bubs sleeping pattern which helps me determine his daily naps. My only downside is this trends app is only available on iPhone so my husband cannot access it and I'm stuck with iPhones for the near future.

Purchased in July 2018 for $400.00.

Battery Life
Jenny R, thank you for posting the review and we're so glad that it's provided you with peace-of-mind and hopefully some restful sleep for you and your partner. Owlet Team

Worth every cent!!

You might be wary of spending so much money on one device but it has more than paid for itself. They say peace of mind with this device and it is more than true. As first time parents we weren't sure what to get to achieve this goal but after reading other reviews we decided to get the owlet sock the day our baby was born. And from first use we haven't looked back. It was easy to set up and use. I use the stats given to work out when sleep time is and then the green base station light is all we need to sleep peacefully at night. We both get up at night for various reasons so a glance at green light is all we need to feel safe in the knowledge our baby is also safe.

Purchased in May 2019 for $429.99.

Battery Life
Flik, thanks for posting the review, we appreciate that. We're really pleased the Smart Sock is working for you and you're able to enjoy some much-treasured sleep while the Owlet does it's thing! If you need anything in the future, just reach out to our Australian call centre. Thanks, Team Owlet.

Peace of mind

Amazing. No issues at all, so easy to use. Gave us peace of mind when transitioning our baby into his own room and cot. No more getting up and checking on him constantly. Better sleep for us and our baby.

Purchased in February 2019 for $399.00.

Kristy, thanks for posting the review. That's exactly what the Smart Sock is about, allowing parents to sleep better, which is so valuable when you have a new baby. Regards, Owlet Team.

It’s a must have!

As a new mum I was constantly checking on my bub to make sure he was still breathing. The little sleep I had was spent with me waking constantly to check on him. Then we got the owlet. The little green pulsing light lets me know he’s ok. And when he’s sick I can check his vitals on the app to reassure me. I love love love this and would recommend it to anyone.

Also the electronics in the sock started to struggle to connect to charge. I reported the issue and had a replacement in 48hours! Customer service and after care cannot be beaten!

Battery Life
mkehane, thanks for taking the time to post your experience with our Smart Sock. We're glad it's working well for you and letting you sleep through the night. Our call centre is in Australia so we're able to handle replacement parts quickly when required. Do reach out to us if ever we can help with anything. Regards, Owlet Team.

This item saved our sons life and our sanity.

This monitor has saved us our sanity and my sons life. We had a red alarm go off when my son was 4 weeks old alerting high heart rate. He was taken to hospital where I was sent home the first time. I returned home to put the sock back on that went off 2 more time by then I booked in to see my gp. When we got there she counted his heart at 240pbm and we sent back to emergency. We then flown to royal children’s hospital where he was diagnosed with a heart condition but because we caught I so early with the sock he thankfully doesn’t have any damage to his actual heart. This sock now helps us daily to monitor his heart rate to make sure it’s in the normal ranges while on his medication the price tag is worth it for things like this thank you.

Purchased in March 2019 for $429.00.

Battery Life
Amanda B, we're so glad your son is fine. We need to point out that the Smart Sock is not a medical device and cannot diagnose, treat or monitor diseases, but it will notify parents if a baby's heart rate or oxygen levels become a concern. Thank you for taking the time to post the review, we are new in Australia so this really helps us establish our reputation over here. Owlet Team.

Wouldn’t be able to sleep without it!

Bought the owlet before bub was born and just love it! It has put my mind at ease at night. I feel like I can actually get some rest knowing bub is being monitored.

Purchased in February 2019 for $399.00.

Battery Life
KatK, we're so pleased that our Smart Sock is providing you peace-of-mind. Hopefully, you're sleeping as well as your baby. Do reach out to us if you need anything, we have an Australian call centre as well as an out-of-hours service from the US. Owlet Team.

Does the Owlett sock still work if you bed share or does Mum’s movement interfere with it?
June2014, thanks for asking the question. The SS2 will track your babies heart rate and oxygen levels while the baby's foot is still. Technically, that enables the pulse oximeter to operate accurately. So you could, if you choose to do so, be next to your baby and the SS2 will work but we need to highlight - and ask you to consider - the Safe Sleep Guidelines recommended to all parents:- https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/kidsfamilies/MCFhealth/Publications/safe-sleeping-for-your-baby.pdf Kind regards, Owlet Team.

Will the sock work under a swaddle? My baby sleeps naked but swaddled every night
JacsB, yes it will. The Smart Sock has to go on a bare foot, but you can put another piece of clothing over the foot thereafter. Don’t hesitate to give us a call on 03 9588 0999 - or chat with us via our website - if you have any other questions. Happy Easter, Team Owlet.

Very interested in this product, but am wondering if anyone has experienced issues with Bluetooth dropping out? Not talking about range in regards to where you have the base in relation to the sock, but it says the data is transmitted through Bluetooth which alarms the base if anything is wrong and I am interested in knowing who reliable that Bluetooth connection is.
Rachel, It’s very difficult to answer your question actually because the reliability of the connection depends on the structure of the walls and floors between the baby’s room and where you intend to place the base station. We have very few dropouts but having said that, keep in mind that alerts are also provided on your phone if you download the free app, so you can always place the base station close to your baby so long as you keep your phone close. We’d also highlight our 45 day money back guarantee. If you find the Smart Sock is just not working for you, you can return it. Hope this helps. Owlet Team