Ozito Stainless Wet and Dry Vacuum Series

VWD-1220 (20 L), VWD-1212 (12 L), VWD-1220PT (20 L with Power Take Off), etc...

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

MaliIpswich

Best vacuum cleaner ever

I used the cleaner on my neighbours car interior and wow what a result dog hair, rocks ,grass and general dirt was no match for this tidy little unit our car and hers now look smick i also used the blower port on the vac and now car drying will be so easy

Purchased in April 2021 at Bunnings Warehouse Retail Stores for $65.00.

Mali

Power cord could be a bit longer but i used my extension cord havent used wet function yet

Graeme

GraemeSoutheast, SA

EXCELLENT

5 stars++ I bought the 18v Power Xchange version of this and couldn't be happier, works like a charm and picks up everything on the hard floors, that being said it does struggle with the dog hair on the carpets, but for the price it's fantastic.

With the 4A/hr battery it runs for several days throughout a 3 bedroom house.

Great value for money and with an awesome guarantee as well...

Purchased in July 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $65.00.

Theodore S.

Theodore S.Manuka 2603, ACT

Picks up better than my Dyson. Excellent value for money.

Purchased in October 2019 at Homebase for $59.00.

Barrel Vacuum Cleaners

Find out how Ozito Stainless Wet and Dry Vacuum Series compares to other Barrel Vacuum Cleaners

JohnOH

JohnOHSouth East Queensland, QLD

Pathetic

We purchased this vacuum mainly for the wet function in the case of wet floors or the occasional spill (we have a Dyson for serious dry vacuuming). When we used the wet function for the first time when we had an under sink hose blow in the kitchen. The suction was limited & water started spitting out the exhaust side with only about 2 cm of water in the tank. Not what I would have expected for a product sold as wet and dry.

Not up to the job; sorry!

Purchased in July 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $49.95.

Daiane M.

Daiane M.South East Queensland, QLD

It’s worthy

I have a timber floor indoor and tiles outdoor, it’s good for both. I love the wet and dry options. It works well, and it surprised me that it vacuumed fine dust from the carpet. It’s a bit noisy, but understandable for the price... Great pricing though.

Purchased in May 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $65.00.

deb bMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Bought at 11 returned at 1. With lunch break in between

Soooooo noisy. Poor suction really. Motor blew in 20 min. Took longer to read instructions and construct than it lasted. Good thing is Bunnings don't hassle at all with warranty. Don't bother.

Purchased in April 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $49.95.

n.p

n.pSydney, NSW

Good cheap little vacuum cleaner

Sucks well...
Power lead is way to short so its always connected to an extension chord ..... does get annoying
When using it without filter mesh cloth bag its not the greatest, with a bag its a different machine.
Bags are hard to buy once they are torn....Universal Filter Mesh Hepa Filter Bag For Haier Vacuums Cleaner fit this machine purchased on ebay for around $7-8 for those who are looking.
Bit noisy and out of balance almost falls over when you pull the vacuum due to cheap plastic rollers.

Purchased in July 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $69.00.

Piecevcake

PiecevcakeAuckland

This sucker saved my bacon!

Uh-oh... the handyman has scrubbed the roof without disconnecting the drinking water tank... used this to vacuum out the muck in the bottom! It worked perfectly. Only gripe is the head attachment is not bent as much as other vacuums, so cannot sit flat at some angles. But for the money it is powerful, reliable, hasn't lost power like other vacuums I have had. Handyman is going to buy one now!

Purchased in January 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $80.00.

Wade P.

Wade P.South East Queensland, QLD

Does the job I brought it for.

This was an excellent buy.

I cleaned the whole garage after weeks of no dust extraction and daily landscaping.

I now have the Power Takeoff plugged into the dropsaw and permanently attached to the vacuum.

Works a treat!

Purchased in September 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $99.00.

Hazyb

HazybSydney, NSW

Good for outdoors

All I want is a vaccuum cleaner that I can use for everything that doesnt cost a fortune. I paid around 49.00 for this little cleaner which can be used with or without a bag. I found that it works so much more efficiently with a bag though.
Its very good on tiled and hard surfaces, but not so good on carpet. I do alot of sewing, but this little machine did not like sucking up threads and we had to untangle them through the pipe numerous times. However great little machine for outdoors and hard surfaces.

Purchased in March 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $49.99.

Wayne

Waynesydney

Very impressed

I chose this 1530 machine due to the power and so far it has surpased my expectations. The machine has excellent suction and what made it even better is I found I can add my Accessories from my old vacuum cleaners

Purchased in June 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $99.00.

water is blown out during wet vaccuming

I was vacuuming water and water is blown out through the blower... how to stop water coming out through blower dow not serv the purpose. I was vacuuming the water from bath floor and dirty water was blown out through the blower nozzle all around and made the house dirty

Purchased in April 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $49.00.

Product is usedWeekly
Jodi

JodiGippsland, VIC

As good as my Dyson

Only if rough rolling on unsolid surface
I compared this $60 to my Dyson. A must have for a good monthly clean, I spray surface with disinfectant n vac it straight up. No tricky buttons or attachments to screw, they just slide in. Love this A+
It's big n bulky n cord is short but this is well worth the money. I wish I knew about these before I spent $1000 on my dry only regular vacuum

Date PurchasedDec 2018
MarcQ

MarcQMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Very powerful and portable

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Helen Abbot

Helen AbbotBrisbane

Not much of a vacuum cleaner

I purchased the 18V cordless version of this unit and it is useless. It has hardly any power at all. It is supposed to last 17 minutes but after 1 minutes of struggling I gave up. So I cant comment on the battery life. To use it to pickup dust you are supposed to install a paper bag (supplied) but the instruction booklet shows something inside the canister that is totally different to the real thing. There is no way you can connect the paper bag to inside the canister. I am seriously thinking of returning it to Bunnings. It might be ok for picking small things around a workshop. Especially that it has no cord and easily moveable. Not recommended for any serious cleaning work.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

sad costumer

sad costumersydney

It is a good product for the price range

The vacuum does not tip over and it has powerful suction, but the cord is too short, I only pay $50 dollars so for the money I pay it does a good job, I haven't tried the wet function, it uses paper bags for storing the rubbish and it can be difficult to find the bags in any shop if you do not have the specific type of vacuum cleaner, but I guess that would be the same with any type of vacuum cleaner that uses paper bags, I got it from bunnings so I go to get the bags from Bunnings, changing the bags is easy, cleaning is easy,

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Wet dry vac isn’t very good at all. Hardly worth using it.

I’ve got the ozito dry vac work shed. It’s 1100w. It’s very disappointing for the first one I ever bought. Not much sucking at all. Doesn’t pick up hardly anything unless I go back and forwards and circles etc. I’ve tried taking all the extension poles of so it just hose to floor head. No difference. I’m wondering if the hose is way to wide. It’s like 80mm.

Date PurchasedMay 2013
Ozara

OzaraSurat

The sucking inlet stoped working and had to get replaced

I used the ozito for less than a day to clean up some wood dust and then it began to stop sucking in things. My grandfather has the same unit so I put them side by side and mine was definitely not working properly. I had to take it back and Bunnings for free upgrades it to the next wattage.

Date PurchasedJune 2017
Service

ServiceDoncaster

Good Outside Vac

The great thing about this vac is that it does wet and dry. I can skim over the tile and pick up all the water and it works great like this. I really felt weird doing this the first time, like I was doing something wrong. Its got a heap of power and a simple but rugged design

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Suegazz

SuegazzHawthorn

Crude but effective

This is about as simple as you can get - a metal bucket on wheels with a lid that has a motor on it. Its develops good suction but the filter system is extremely basic. When you run it in the sun you can see the fine dust streaming out o it. I would never use this inside the house for that reason, except to pick up liquids. For general shop duties it has good power. Crude but effective

Date PurchasedSept 2017