Painmate Tens Machine

Painmate Tens Machine

See the Best Handheld Massagers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Portable tens machine

Portable tens machineNorth-West & West coast, TAS

Disappointed

I purchased my tens machine,it worked 3 times and died on me. The chemist replaced it,then the new one worked once then all it does is beep. I have changed the battery and help pads nothing worked....so disappointed

TJSouth East Queensland, QLD

Don't buy

So bought this as was advised it's good, when it works it is. It has good preset mode, that bring a constant charge and a pulsating charge. You can't change it, but it's good. The issue is getting it to turn on, had mine less than a month, won't function on my leg can't seem to sense skin, I even shaved, works on arm. Also pads are poor quality, they pull away from unit way before they stop sticking to skin. I have another brand and never had an issue, so knowing how to use and look after isn't an issue. I would look else where.

Purchased in March 2019 at Price line for $34.99.

OldManEmu

Works great for me so why complain

Been using for 3 days on my back and Achilles....just love it.off painkillers for the moment..not sure why it works so well.

Son brought it for me and thought it would be useless.

Purchased in March 2018 at Priceline for $50.00.

Kathryn G

Kathryn GHobart, TAS

Disappointed after a great start

I bought this unit after having had positive feedback from family members as to the efficacy of TENS therapy. I made my choice based on the compact, discreet appearance of this product, as I intended to use it in my workplace as well as at home. When I used the product it was just blissful, the pain relief was really effective and it did not interfere with normal activity. BUT..... the battery life was ridiculously short, about 10 treatments and the unit seemed to develop a random response to the input instructions. When it worked, great relief! But completely unreliable in its response, and sucked the battery dry so quickly. I’m so disappointed, because when it works, it’s great...but so unreliable.

Purchased in March 2019 for $50.00.

Diane

Diane

Good relief but batteries dont last the 50 times it states

When it works if is brilliant but batteries dont last very long and its so hard to change batteries due to cover too fiddley to open. Its convenient having no leads etc like other tens machines. Bit expensive unit overall

Purchased in August 2018 at Tens Machines Australia for $49.95.

Poodlesrule

PoodlesruleSydney

Best little pain reliever on the market.

I bought this over 2 years ago, and love it. It’s on its second lot of gel pads and second battery, after lots of use. I use it, on average, on a fortnightly basis, mostly for my knees, back and neck, to help with muscle and arthritic pain.
After a recent injury to my shoulder, due to a car accident, I’ve been using it nightly, before bed, and it gives me enough relief to get a good night sleep.
It has certainly saved me a fortune in pain meds over the years.

maxi12

maxi12South East Queensland, QLD

Waste of money

Bought mine <3 months ago at Priceline. Didnt feel anything 1st use and 2nd use didnt even turn on. Gel had peeled back a bit and case very hard to open. Took it back to Priceline for a refund and shop person opened it with difficulty and then disappeared with it. Came back and said she had put it on HER arm and it worked so she would have to ring the manufacturer before I could get a refund. Shocked on many levels and was not prepared to wait (was told to do some shopping and come back after her call was returned). Hygiene ignored by staff so I will not be using it again. Waste of money .....just a, bit of expensive rubbish.

This is Great, when it works

I had my doubts buying this for a painful elbow but it actually relieved the pain but after a few weeks and changed batteries twice, on the second change it wont work at all. cant find the receipt so the chemist wont do anything.

Its just "ok"

I use the pain mate for pain associated with thoracic disc buldges and protrusion. Works while its on, however, needs frequent battery changes and new gel pads which gets expensive.

Kim L

Kim LWollongong

Great when it works but really buggy

Only works intermittently, trouble turning on, have manual, followed all instructions, now beeps constantly when properly attached to skin (probably needs battery replacement even though I've hardly used it.) Shame, it's very good when it does work.

Waste of money

You may get it to work initially but it then is fickle and only work now and then. When it does it’s great but I bought it to use when I want it and for it to work. Waste of money!

Great while it worked

Yes was absolutely wonderful when it worked but it was hit and miss to get it to work especially when it was attached to a part of the body hard to see. Stopped working permanently after 6 months.

justkatz

justkatzSouth East Queensland, QLD

My portable comfort relief

Martin

Martin

Stopped working

Stopped working after 3 days. I changed the battery 3 times thinking it might be that. Never made any beep from the beginning as was said.
Emailed the company got back to me then after second email never responded.
If you read this before don't get one.

PR user

PR user

Stopped working 3rd use.

3rd use stopped working. Expected more for a $50 product. Seemed to work well the first 2 times but you have to worry about the quality of it can’t make 2 days use.

LeeAnne

LeeAnneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Works well for me

I bought a Pain Mate and love it. I have bought other tens machines that were a lot dearer than the Pain Mate but Pain Mate works very well for my Fibromyalgia and is easy to work while wearing it.

S Roberts

S Robertsshani_roberts@bigpond.com

PAINmate is GREAT!!

Please give this a go and stop your suffering!

eelcat

eelcat

Have had relief.

Being in pain with sciatic nerve problems, I bought one of these for personal use at home when I'm not at the physio on their TENS machine. My experience is that while it's running it actually helps the pain and even when it's finished I'm free of pain for a little while after as long as I take it easy.

Shane11

Shane11GEELONG

Just another product that can't live up to its claims

I have had my pain mate for one week and have successfully gotten it to work a total of three times, when I did manage to get it going, it didn't do anything special, just intensity or less intensity. I have read and followed the instructions to the letter but can not get it to work each time I try.
There is no comparison between this and the ever faithful T.E.N.s machine, which I will be returning to.

Deb F.

Deb F.asked

Is it helpful for hip bursitis.

If you could get one that go's..perhaps

Michelle P.

Michelle P.asked

I have used it 3 times & now it will not work. I turn it on & get the beep & feel a little current & as soon as I try to increase the current it starts beeping & will not stop for a minute & nothing happens. I have put in a new battery (one supplied by yourselves) & still nothing

TJ

Hi. Take the plastic protective sheet for the sticky pads and put back on top of pads. Squash down and spread the pads especially around the edges. Carefully remove the plastic from the sticky pads. Now apply to you skin. Let sit for a min or two and try again. A little weird I know but seems to work for me. Also I keep mine in the container reapplying the plastic sheet each time I'm finished and have pla ed an old silica gel pack inside the container to absorbe excess moisture off the pads.

OldManEmu

The Painmate Gel isn't making good contact, the continue beeping means not making good contact.You have to keep pressing the plus sign for high intensity, if it just keeps beeping, not making good contact, easily proven by putting it on a flat easy part of body and pressing down, like you forearm.Reset by pressing and holding minus button until it goes off.

Mary G

Mary Gasked

I love my Painmate and have had it for a long time. At the moment it is doing a fast beep when I turn it on. I have changed the battery but it still is happening . What makes it do that and how can I stop it?

Jaye
Jaye

Hi Mary, this happened to me once and it was because i accidently bought a disc battery with lower volts. If i remember correctly, pain mate needs 32volt disc battery. Otherwise, when my pain mate does that beepy thing, its because it doesnt have correct contact with my skin so i change my pads. Problem for me is that my skin is quite oily so i have to use an alcohol based wipe for my skin before using the pain mate.

CategoryHandheld Massagers