Painmate Tens Machine

Painmate Tens Machine

Love it. No Problem

It constantly beeps when it is not attached to the skin properly but once you figure out how to fix it, it is a great little machine. It's good for a quick spot relief.

Side Effects
  • None
Symptom ReliefSignificant Improvement
Pain TypeChronic
Effective Within15 minutes

Shane R.Central Queensland, QLD

Don’t waste your time or money

Purchased in October 2020 at Giant Chemist for A$50.00.

Side Effects
  • None
Pain TypeAcute

Complete waste of money. Errors almost every single time I try to use it.

Bought this to assist with ongoing back pain. It doesn’t matter where I try to place it on my body, it turns on then when I try to increase the intensity it starts beeping non stop and won’t work. I’ve tried changing the battery and the sticky pads. The product just doesn’t work properly. Complete waste of money and incredibly frustrating. I strenuously recommend you do not buy this. Incredibly disappointing to have wasted so much money. Buyers beware.

Purchased in June 2020 at eBay for A$49.00.

Side Effects
  • None
Pain TypeAcute
Muscle & Pain Relief Products

Find out how Painmate Tens Machine compares to other Muscle & Pain Relief Products

Jeff

JeffSydney Surrounds, NSW

Worst $50 spent

The product worked for the first few times but very fickle to get it working. Now it turns on, I press + once and it works and upon pressing + again it continues to beep... very disappointed

Purchased in July 2020 at Chemist Outlet for A$50.00.

Side Effects
  • None

Wish I’d seen these reviews

I bought one of these from Priceline today - it has good reviews on their website, the price is good and I’m in a lot of pain with a bulging disc. I used it three times today and then it stopped working. I went online to see what other people said about the battery life because I was thinking “surely not”. I took it down to Priceline and asked for a refund - they said no, because I had opened it. I pointed out that was why I knew it didn’t work. She then said they’d have to phone the company, I said no and basically had to quote my consumer rights from Dept of Fair Trading to get a refund. Priceline are the supplier, they are responsible.

Purchased in July 2020 at Priceline for A$49.95.

Never Groupon Again

Never Groupon AgainSydney, NSW

Good until it works

It worked ok first, then was sitting unused in its box for a few months. After that was impossible to turn them (I bought 2) on again. Of course I changed the battery, so that was not an issue. The machine simply stops working. Now I can see others have very similar experiences. It has a very short life cycle, creating too much rubbish, bad for the environment and expensive, given you cannot use it for long.

Purchased in December 2016.

Emery

EmerySouth East Queensland, QLD

If only they worked

I have bought 3 of these, they work once or twice, then no longer work, It just beeps continuously. These are expensive and I am very disappointed. When they work, they are great. Chemist will not exchange or refund me.

Purchased in September 2019 at Priceline.

Portable tens machine

Portable tens machineNorth-West & West coast, TAS

Disappointed

I purchased my tens machine,it worked 3 times and died on me. The chemist replaced it,then the new one worked once then all it does is beep. I have changed the battery and help pads nothing worked....so disappointed

TJ

TJSouth East Queensland, QLD

Don't buy

So bought this as was advised it's good, when it works it is. It has good preset mode, that bring a constant charge and a pulsating charge. You can't change it, but it's good. The issue is getting it to turn on, had mine less than a month, won't function on my leg can't seem to sense skin, I even shaved, works on arm. Also pads are poor quality, they pull away from unit way before they stop sticking to skin. I have another brand and never had an issue, so knowing how to use and look after isn't an issue. I would look else where.

Purchased in March 2019 at Price line for A$34.99.

OldManEmu

OldManEmu

Works great for me so why complain

Been using for 3 days on my back and Achilles....just love it.off painkillers for the moment..not sure why it works so well.

Son brought it for me and thought it would be useless.

Purchased in March 2018 at Priceline for A$50.00.

Kathryn G

Kathryn GHobart, TAS

Disappointed after a great start

I bought this unit after having had positive feedback from family members as to the efficacy of TENS therapy. I made my choice based on the compact, discreet appearance of this product, as I intended to use it in my workplace as well as at home. When I used the product it was just blissful, the pain relief was really effective and it did not interfere with normal activity. BUT..... the battery life was ridiculously short, about 10 treatments and the unit seemed to develop a random response to the input instructions. When it worked, great relief! But completely unreliable in its response, and sucked the battery dry so quickly. I’m so disappointed, because when it works, it’s great...but so unreliable.

Purchased in March 2019 for A$50.00.

Diane

Diane

Good relief but batteries dont last the 50 times it states

When it works if is brilliant but batteries dont last very long and its so hard to change batteries due to cover too fiddley to open. Its convenient having no leads etc like other tens machines. Bit expensive unit overall

Purchased in August 2018 at Tens Machines Australia for A$49.95.

Poodlesrule

PoodlesruleSydney

Best little pain reliever on the market.

I bought this over 2 years ago, and love it. It’s on its second lot of gel pads and second battery, after lots of use. I use it, on average, on a fortnightly basis, mostly for my knees, back and neck, to help with muscle and arthritic pain.
After a recent injury to my shoulder, due to a car accident, I’ve been using it nightly, before bed, and it gives me enough relief to get a good night sleep.
It has certainly saved me a fortune in pain meds over the years.

maxi12

maxi12South East Queensland, QLD

Waste of money

Bought mine <3 months ago at Priceline. Didnt feel anything 1st use and 2nd use didnt even turn on. Gel had peeled back a bit and case very hard to open. Took it back to Priceline for a refund and shop person opened it with difficulty and then disappeared with it. Came back and said she had put it on HER arm and it worked so she would have to ring the manufacturer before I could get a refund. Shocked on many levels and was not prepared to wait (was told to do some shopping and come back after her call was returned). Hygiene ignored by staff so I will not be using it again. Waste of money .....just a, bit of expensive rubbish.

This is Great, when it works

I had my doubts buying this for a painful elbow but it actually relieved the pain but after a few weeks and changed batteries twice, on the second change it wont work at all. cant find the receipt so the chemist wont do anything.

Its just "ok"

I use the pain mate for pain associated with thoracic disc buldges and protrusion. Works while its on, however, needs frequent battery changes and new gel pads which gets expensive.

Kim L

Kim LWollongong

Great when it works but really buggy

Only works intermittently, trouble turning on, have manual, followed all instructions, now beeps constantly when properly attached to skin (probably needs battery replacement even though I've hardly used it.) Shame, it's very good when it does work.

Waste of money

You may get it to work initially but it then is fickle and only work now and then. When it does it’s great but I bought it to use when I want it and for it to work. Waste of money!

Great while it worked

Yes was absolutely wonderful when it worked but it was hit and miss to get it to work especially when it was attached to a part of the body hard to see. Stopped working permanently after 6 months.

justkatz