Panadol Colourfree Baby Drops

Panadol Colourfree Baby Drops

See the Best Child Medications in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for GSK? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Sakshi D.
Sakshi D.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Works but awful taste

My 8 month old LO went to childcare for the first time and had high temperature the next day. I fed her favourite puree and then tried to give panadol. She instantly disliked the taste and puked all her stomach contents on me. Next dose I used Nurofen and she was all okay with it. The dropper worked fine. I wish the taste could be more flavourful.

Purchased at Chemist Warehouse for $5.00.

KARINE
KARINESouth East Queensland, QLD

Lid is a nightmare

Our 2months old boy got headache and fever during a night. He screamed, screamed with the pain... Then I had to struggle to open Panadol lid for almost 20min. Imagine the situation! It was frustrating. Your baby needs to stop his pain and you have to fight with a crap packing! Oh Gosh

Purchased in September 2020 at Terry White Chemists.

Wayne H.
Wayne H.South East Queensland, QLD

Works as you would expect as paracetamol. However you would think no one at GlaxoSmithKline ever had a baby.

The shape and size of the bottle is ridiculously small and the price much more expensive than regular panadol, not to mention the bottle is not designed to be used with a syringe, despite coming with on in the box. Most standard compounding pharmacies make up medications in bottles designed for syringe drawing. You can buy a cap to go inside for syringe drawing, but really for the price and the brand reputation you think you wouldn't have to think of this yourself. Clearly no one is thinking in the product development team at GSK.

Purchased in August 2020 at Terry White Chemists for $7.00.

Find out how Panadol Colourfree Baby Drops compares to other Child Medications

My baby chokes = bad taste

After tasting the infant Panadol what makes the company think an infant would like the taste? Horrible taste, horrible packaging and hate it when the Panadol leaks somehow. Please work on the flavour because the medicine itself is very affective except my son gets very uncomfortable while taking the medication.

Purchased in August 2020 at IKEA NSW, Marsden Park for $6.99.

Rabia Z
Rabia ZGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Trusted brand

I simply love & trust this brand fully i have tried these twice for my baby girl and after the first doze i saw improvement. Its gentle on tummy and very trusted brand. I would trust it always!

Purchased in February 2020.

The best baby products in 2020!

Nathan S.29 Oct 2019
the-best-baby-products-in-2020
Sarita
SaritaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Works but unpleasant taste

Despite being a reliable brand of pain-relief and working well, I choose Dymadon over Panadol for my baby due to the unpleasant cherry taste of Panadol. Particularly an issue for baby prior to solids, as they are only used to the flavour of milk so the cherry is very strong and I struggled to get it into him.

Purchased at Chemist Warehouse Physical Store.

Rona S
Rona SGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Dependable pharmaceutical from trusted brand

I naturally chose this as it’s the most well known children’s paracetamol product on the market. We’ve given this to our baby a few times since he was an infant (travelling, slight fever, post-medical appointments), and he has always reacted well to it. It’s been helpful during those times, and let’s him have a nice sleep afterwards. He doesn’t seem to hate the taste either. The applicator is straightforward to use. Would definitely recommend for the medicine cabinet.

Purchased in October 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for $6.99.

Sumeet D.
Sumeet D.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Packaging needs improvements

***Medicinal effects vary. please consult your doctor.***

Very effective for my 10m old boy.

On the packaging, even a brand new sealed bottle may leak some liquid when taken in checked baggage on flights.

Charlie L.
Charlie L.

Great for teething

Found this product to be a god send for my teething baby ... he started teething at 4 months and without this product we would not of gotten through it ! Helped with pain and temperature

Rubbish Dosing Device

Very disappointed in the dosing device. It's far too stiff and results in an all or nothing blast down my child's throat. Such an unneeded frustration when you're already dealing with an unhappy infant.

Purchased in February 2019.

Wokko
WokkoCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Makes baby vomit

As soon as this touches my boy's tongue he gags and vomits. I thought it was the terrible dosing device which squirts the medicine out like a super soaker but even when I managed a perfect slow dose using a different brand's doser he threw up his dinner. It's hard enough dealing with a sick and teething baby without a 'trusted brand' causing these issues.

Purchased in March 2019.

Why
Why

The measuring device is horrible

I trust the brand and appreciate the stronger concentration so I can give a smaller volume. But both the syringe and dropper is so hard to use compared to other formulations out there including the generic paracetamol and Nurofen, both which I can use one handed while holding my baby.

Purchased in March 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for $5.00.

Reh
RehGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Whoever made this... must hate children so much.

Whoever made this... must hate children so much... taste like adult couldn't take that how come a child... change please this recipe... it's bad, child do vomit all the time they take this...

Purchased in February 2019 for $11.00.

Frustrated
FrustratedSydney, NSW

Extremely poor design for dosing device

I can't doubt the effectiveness as it's used commonly in market for a while but the design of dosing device cannot be less friendly. It's like pulling a truck to suck the liquid into the device and no control in releasing it slowly. The label of the bottle also blocks how much liquid left behind. Since parents only use this medicine when baby has fever, Panadol should make life easier during this hard time taking care of a sick baby.
A revamp of the dosing device is urgently needed.

Standard
StandardVictoria, Australia

Get Nurofen Instead!

Our baby gags and vomits every time she takes Panadol Baby Drops, it tastes horrible and everyone we spoke to thinks the same! To an adult, it tastes like overly sweet and sour grape syrup, yuck! Take Nurofen instead, our daughter loves the taste and it tastes like strawberry marshmellow!

Read more reviews - page 2