Panasonic ECONAVI AERO Z-TKR Series

The best I've had.

Perfect for both heating and cooling. Performance is better than I could have hoped for. The hearing is excellent. I turn it off after an hour as it heats so well. So keeps running costs well down. Summer cooling is fantastic and doesn't send my electric bill sky high.
Easy to use, remote control is well designed but is lacking a indoor temperature button which I had on my LG air conditioning in previous home. Would be beneficial to add this Panasonic.
Price of unit was great and the 4.2 kw cools and heats a 40sq room efficiently.

Purchased in September 2018 at Betta Home Living for $999.00.

Room Type Living/Dining Area
Hi Tracey, thanks for the taking the time to provide the feedback on your air conditioner and your great experience with the energy efficiencies with it.

Cool air cool styling..

I purchased this split system to replace an old one. It is a sleek design and very easy to use. It is sup8et quiet and quick to cool down my home. I would highly recommend to others .

Purchased in December 2018.

Room Type Living/Dining Area
Hi Jomill, thank you for taking the time to provide your review on your air conditioner.

Super Quiet

We are Panasonic fans.
We were surprised at how quiet this air con is. We have other older Panasonic air cons & they are a lot noisier than this one.
It even goes up & down by half a degree EG 22, 22.5.
Dual sensor, it also turns itself off automatically & back on when it requires.
Perfect size for our home office.

Thanks for the great review. We love hearing about how happy our customers are with our products :)All our air cons are reverse cycle Panasonics, we have 5 of them in the house LOL , we need to buy Panasonic shares! We also have Panasonic TVs, we are AV installers & have noticed the tuners on the Panasonic TVs are always better to pick up digital signals & recommend most of our customers to buy Panasonic if they could. Any incentives for being such loyal fans? : )Thank you for being such a fantastic loyal fan. If you are a member of My Panasonic we will reach out on there for any offers to our great customers. https://www.panasonic.com/au/my-panasonic.html

Great unit

Have 2 of the units installed. They are made in Malaysia. No major problem so far. However the indicator lights on the indoor unit can be annoying at night. Got them during the ebay promo from power land with free delivery.

Purchased in March 2018 at Powerland.

Room Type Small Bedroom
Hi WK, thank you for taking the time to provide your positive review.

Do not install in a bedroom, makes clicking creaking noises.

We have one of these installed in a bedroom, the fan keeps switching off and on repeatedly, and when the fan is off the unit makes clicking and creaking noises which are very disruptive to sleep. As far as I can tell there's no way to just keep the fan going. (I'm also not sure if it actually has an inverter in it - if it did I wouldn't have thought it would switch on and off like a duty cycle.)

Purchased in January 2018 at The Good Guys for $1,500.00.

Room Type Small Bedroom
Hi Alex, sorry to read about your experience with your air con. Some expansion and contraction noises will be heard as the unit heats up and cools down (this is the materials in the unit. You can switch the unit onto manual mode to have the fan run continuously. The inverter and econavi is what does switch it on and off as you describe, once it reaches temperature, the fan speed reduces and ramps back up as the temperature drops or rises above your set temperature. Please contact our customer service team on 132600 if we can be of further assistance to you. This video may also help you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F07hfzJpPZ0

Cools down and heats up quite well, but strange noise bothers me

I had this unit for about 2 years and from about half year ago every time when i turn on and turn off the unit, there are strange noise like plastic being hit or crushed, or the fins cools down after heated or I don't know what actually makes the noise. The noise is actually quite loud it goes for a while even few minutes after shut still appears once or twice. I am not sure if this is under warranty. Do you guys have the same issue???. Thank you

Purchased in November 2017 at Airconditioning Warehouse Sales.

Hi Uming, the air conditioner has a 5 year warranty, please contact our customer service team on 132600. If you are able to record a video this would also be helpful for our team to be able to further understand this.

Good product

I live in Melbourne Victoria, this is a very good product. However you need to find your own installer for the product from your local paper. The store where I bought the product can arrange installation but they will try to charge you double if not triple the price of installation. Still working well and no issues after 3 years.

Purchased in January 2017.

Room Type Small Bedroom
Hi James, thank you for taking the time to provide the review on your air conditioner.

Fan on / off

Why does the fan keep going on and off it drives us mad ! We have 6 other aircons different make where at night you turn down to quiet and the fan just keep running very quietly. Lucky this one is not in our bedroom! As I would throw it out. We were advised that the new 7.1 kw unit was the quietest on the market.
Not at all happy .
Greg

Purchased in April 2019.

Room Type Living/Dining Area
Hi Wilgreg, thank you for the review, please contact our customer service team on 132600 and we can try and assist you with getting the best from your air conditioner.

Decent however a little loud at night

Really good cooling during the summer
using for heating in the bedroom (got 3 installed) and find them a bit noisy even on quite mode.
unit seem cheaply made and creeks through then night
But heat and cools well
lots of features and reasonably priced ($1,200 installed per unit, got 3 installed)

Purchased in November 2018 for $1,200.00.

Home Insulation Level Poor
Room Type Small Bedroom
Hi James, thank you for taking the time to provide your honest feedback.No worries, good unit but wish it didn't rattle at night. FYI the rattle isn't constant just every now and again and enough to bother me but my wife sleeps through :) Also any way to dim the lights on the unit? there is some info in the manual but didn't seem to work for me, the blue light is a bit too bright ThxHi James, yes you can dim the lights, as per page 14 the way to do this The indicators are too bright • To dim or restore the unit’s indicator brightness, press and hold the up arrow for 5 seconds.

Very quiet and the powerful mode is useful to get on top of the heat when I first come home.

Replaced an existing split system with this product and the noise reduction was amazing. Other than that it works as advertised and easily cools the recommended room size.

I live in North Queensland so obviously I can't comment on it's heating performance.

One thing to note with split systems is that I've had multiple issues with installations, so I think we should make sure we are not blaming manufacturers for installer mistakes.

Purchased in March 2018.

Home Insulation Level Poor
Room Type Living/Dining Area
Hi Sam, thank you for such a great review and providing such honest feedback, we really appreciate it.

Works as advertised

Despite buying Panasonic ECONAVI AERO CS/CU-Z50TKR in the middle of 2018 we ended up installing it only in December. It was a tough choice what brand AC to buy. The market is very competitive now and Mitsubishi (electric and heavy industry) along with other competitors sharpened prices considerably. The decision came down to Panasonic energy efficiency. None of Panasonic's competitors (within similar price range) had same or better energy rating. What also helped, we had previous model of current 5kw Panasonic system that we were happy with.
The AC works as advertised. Reading other people reviews I'd like to point out (besides obvious manufacturing faults) what differentiate this particular model from what people used to in previous models or other brands.
1. It does take time for hot or cold air to start blowing. The reason is. The element inside AC will get appropriate temperature first to prevent blowing hot air out when it is hot or cold air when it is cold.
2. It does take time to start full cooling or heating unless you force it into "Powerful" mode. The reason is that, to get rated efficiency the inverter of AC compressor ramping up slowly (actually very slowly). As I have house electricity consumption monitor I notice that after starting AC its power consumption is very low and slowly ramping up to operational mode within couple of minutes.
3. Any bigger than 5kw units, even from Panasonic are suffering from poor(ish) energy consumption. If you choose this model because of its energy consumption and is undersized for area it need cool/heat it won't cut it. Considering my first 2 points above it will make it even worse if undersized.
4. Noise level is very low, but "Powerful" mode make it noisy, which is kind of expected as AC pushed to work at maximum capacity.
I think we are lucky enough that we didn't need to use Panasonic support or repair for any units purchased, so I can't comment on that. However, if we'll encounter a fault I'll come back and update my review with our experience.
All of our room ACs are Mitsubishi Heavy Industry which we are very happy with including MHI support. If they'd have unit as efficient back in 2018 I'd probably go for MHI. Saying that, we did not have any troubles with current Panasonic model. Based on our experience I would recommend it to others if efficiency is important to you and price is right.

Purchased in July 2018 at The Good Guys for $1,211.00.

Panasonic warranty - beware

Purchased and paid nearly $3000 for installation of a Panasonic aircon from a local business in a large country town well before Christmas and summer 2018. The unit was faulty on first use. After numerous frustrating phone calls it took 7 weeks (across the hottest period) to replace the faulty component. I was told along the way I had to pay a travel fee for the repairer which eventually amounted to $376! I knew nothing about this charge at purchase and understood that a warranty guarantees repairs at no charge. Panasonic insisted this is consistent with the contract (maybe some very fine print?) and that I just had to bear the cost. Unhappy, I asked to speak with management. Several days later they offered to pay half but absolutely no more. I asked what had I done to incur this charge? No clear answer. Still waiting for them to review recordings of phone calls...... While the calls were always polite and professional, there was a clear reluctance to meet even half way and I seem to be at a stalemate for the total cost. In 63 years I have never made any consumer complaint before and I am finding this to be a very unpleasant experience. Be very wary of Panasonic warranties!!!

Excellent - Panasonic 2.5 KW Split System Air Conditioner (Cool Only) CU-Z25TKR

Purchased this Panasonic Cool Only Split System for my master bedroom just over a year ago. The 2.5KW size is perfect and with living in a hot city (Perth), have found it cools my room very quickly. It has the Econavi function to save on power, and all the other functions are easy to navigate on the remote. It has a timer and powerful or quiet mode. Filters are easy to remove and clean. I have other Panasonic split systems in my home and have found they don't make a lot of noise from the fan motor unit outside which is great. The remote also has a check button which can be used if you experience a fault with the system and this will show a code, so you can check what the problem may be. Can definitely recommend.

Purchased in October 2017.

Room Type Large Bedroom

Great air con!

We love our Panasonic air conditioners. We now have this model is all of our children’s bedrooms. It’s the perfect size. It’s a quiet machine that works well to heat and cool and I find the temperature very accurate.

Purchased in April 2018.

So glad to have on those hot days.

Bought this unit due to the excessive heat we have experienced over the last few summers.
Cools down efficiently & quietly. Haven’t noticed any huge increase in power bills, cools down large living area & whole house if all windows & doors are closed to stop cool air escaping.

Purchased in February 2017 for $1,250.00.

Room Type Living/Dining Area

Best decision this summer!

I don't know how I survived before I got this installed. Moved into a new house over the Christmas break, during a typical Queensland summer peak. Didn't realise until after I'd moved in there was no air-con in the master bedroom. Shock! Horror! Got onto the Airconditioning Experts and had this little beauty installed. Super quiet while running, cools quickly and efficiently. Low electricity usage and excellent value for money.

Purchased in February 2019 at Air Conditioning Expert for $1,500.00.

Room Type Large Bedroom

Worst customer service

I bought a brand new air conditioner on 9 January 2019 and got it installed on 18 January 2019. Since then air conditioner did not run for five minutes. Panasonic is not giving me replacement air conditioner whereas sending technician again and again to my place. Technicians are unable to fix it but doing experiments.
Despite spending $1669 for air conditioner I am not enjoying it in Canberra's hot summer.
I will never buy any Panasonic product.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Does the job

Does the job faily well, cooled the room on a hot summer day set to 23. Power consumption is excellent. Getting the right setting is a bit finicky and if fan set to Auto it's way too slow. Better to be set manually. Didn't try heating as of yet. I prefer the Mitsubishi units from experience

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Efficient, quiet & cool

Extremely happy with my new air conditioner - I have a large open home with lots of windows and glass doors and high ceilings. This A/C is super quiet, cools the room within seconds and flows into adjoining areas. It's coped easily during a very hot summer. Easy operation, slimline design which blends into the room nicely.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

A beautifully quiet air conditioner and well suitable for a standard sized main bedroom. Very easy to use and after 12 months use has not given us any problems. It is not an imposing wall unit so blends in well with a modern style room. Cleaning and servicing is a breeze.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Hi Grassy, thank you for your feedback on your air conditioner and the first 12 months you have had using it.

We have a 50 sqm tiny home with a living/ kitchen area and a bedroom. We had this unit installed today. We have under floor insulation, wall insulation, ceiling insulation and double glazed windows. We have had it set on 28 degrees for the last eight hours and the house temperature is currently 16. Am I missing something here? The installer said it would heat our entire place in fifteen minutes.
entire house maybe due to the walls and air flow direction. i usually turn on to 28 and maybe after 30 mins it will reach 18-19 and it is open space for kitchen and dinning maybe 20-25 square meters.At two o'clock this morning after being on all night the house temp was five degrees Celsius. Not a pleasant experience.Hi Shane, apologies for the information you were provided, a split system is only designed to heat / cool the room it is in. You could find a problem if the unit is oversized for the application, once it reaches temperature (which can be very quickly in an oversized capacity), the unit will shut down. We would recommend using our sizing wizard guide app to confirm the unit size you require. https://www.panasonic.com/au/air-conditioning/learn-more/not-sure-what-size-air-conditioner-you-need.html You can also contact our customer service team on 132600. SB

I have set timer and clock but unit will not come on at set time ?? We have a reverse cycle split system CS-Z50TKR
Hi Michele, please call us on 132600 and our customer service team will assist you with this.

What am I doing wrong have set clock and timer but will not come on at pre set time
Hi Michele, please call our customer service team on 132600 for assistance.

Panasonic ECONAVI AERO CS/CU-Z25TKR (2.5kw)Panasonic ECONAVI AERO CS/CU-Z35TKR (3.5kw)Panasonic ECONAVI AERO CS/CU-Z42TKR (4.2kw)Panasonic ECONAVI AERO CS/CU-Z50TKR (5kw)Panasonic ECONAVI AERO CS/CU-Z60TKR (6kw)Panasonic ECONAVI AERO CS/CU-Z71TKR (7.1kw)Panasonic ECONAVI AERO CS/CU-Z80TKR (8kw)
CategorySplit System Air ConditionersSplit System Air ConditionersSplit System Air ConditionersSplit System Air ConditionersSplit System Air ConditionersSplit System Air ConditionersSplit System Air Conditioners
Price (RRP) $999$1,199$1,349$1,649$1,799$1,999$2,699
Features Dehumidifying Function, Inverter, On/Off Timer, Remote Control and Wi-Fi Smart Control Dehumidifying Function, Inverter, On/Off Timer, Remote Control and Wi-Fi Smart Control Dehumidifying Function, Inverter, On/Off Timer, Remote Control and Wi-Fi Smart Control Dehumidifying Function, Inverter, On/Off Timer, Remote Control and Wi-Fi Smart Control Dehumidifying Function, Inverter, On/Off Timer, Remote Control and Wi-Fi Smart Control Dehumidifying Function, Inverter, On/Off Timer, Remote Control and Wi-Fi Smart Control Dehumidifying Function, Inverter, On/Off Timer, Remote Control and Wi-Fi Smart Control
Cooling Capacity3 kW4 kW5 kW6 kW7.1 kW8.1 kW9 kW
Heating Capacity 5 kW5 kW7.1 kW8 kW8.5 kW9.9 kW11 kW
Reverse Cycle YesYesYesYesYesYesYes
TypeFull System (Indoor & Outdoor Unit)Full System (Indoor & Outdoor Unit)Full System (Indoor & Outdoor Unit)Full System (Indoor & Outdoor Unit)Full System (Indoor & Outdoor Unit)Full System (Indoor & Outdoor Unit)Full System (Indoor & Outdoor Unit)
Cooling Energy Rating 5 stars4 stars3 stars4 stars3 stars2.5 stars2 stars
Heating Energy Rating 5.5 stars5 stars3 stars4.5 stars3.5 stars3 stars2.5 stars
Operating Temperature for Cooling 5 to 465 to 465 to 465 to 465 to 465 to 465 to 46
Operating Temperature for Heating -15 to +24-15 to +24-15 to +24-15 to +24-15 to +24-15 to +24-15 to +24
Indoor Unit Dimensions 295 x 919 x 194 mm295 x 919 x 194 mm295 x 919 x 194 mm302 x 1120 x 236 mm302 x 1120 x 236 mm302 x 1120 x 236 mm302 x 1120 x 236 mm
Indoor Weight10 kg10 kg10 kg13 kg13 kg13 kg13 kg
Max Indoor Sound Pressure Level43 dB46 dB47 dB47 dB47 dB49 dB51 dB
Outdoor Unit Dimensions 542 x 780 x 289 mm542 x 780 x 289 mm695 x 875 x 320 mm695 x 875 x 320 mm695 x 875 x 320 mm695 x 875 x 320 mm795 x 875 x 320 mm
Outdoor Weight 32 kg32 kg43 kg44 kg50 kg50 kg60 kg
Max Outdoor Sound Pressure Level47 dB50 dB47 dB48 dB53 dB54 dB55 dB
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)

Visit official website - Download manual