Panasonic ECONAVI AERO Z-TKR Series

Panasonic ECONAVI AERO Z-TKR Series

CS/CU-Z25TKR (2.5kw), CS/CU-Z50TKR (5kw), CS/CU-Z71TKR (7.1kw), etc...

3.8

Crw

Crw

Now never hot or cold

Purchased a 3.5kw reverse cycle unit for the media room that is on the western side of the house. In summer the room was quite hot. This unit cools without a problem. Has a quite auto function with ability to increase the fan speed plus a built in economy sensor that detects movements to minimise unnecessary operation when the room is vacant. Economical with the inverter control.

Purchased in November 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$800.00.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Crw, thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We do appreciate the great review.

Jeff

JeffCentral West, NSW

Good but outside unit is noisy

This 5kW Panasonic has very good energy efficiency (i have monitored it) and it heats and cools quickly. My only complaint is the buzzing noise coming from the outside unit. It appears to be only on the heat cycle and even on heat it isn't all the time, maybe 50% of the time. The unit faces a neighbours house and the buzzing noise may a problem in the future for me. I can also hear it inside my house.

Purchased in December 2019 at The Good Guys for A$1,400.00.

Leon ArundellDowner 2602, ACT

Poor heat distribution

As I suspect is the case with most split systems, this unit performs poorly as a heater. The unit does not provide warmth at floor level, where the temperature is 6 degrees C lower than the temperature at head level.
I will have to install an additional fan, to redistribute warm air down from the ceiling to the floor.
In cold climates, this problem could be addressed by ignoring the manufacturer's advice and installing the indoor unit much lower than 2.5 metres above floor level.
I have raised this issue with Panasonic, and with the Australian Institute of Refrigeration, Airconditioning and Heating.

Purchased in March 2020 for A$3,790.00.

Leon Arundell

Running the unit continuously will not change the vertical heat distribution, and will increase energy costs. The fundamental problem is that, when installed at the recommended height, the unit is not capable of pushing war air down to floor level.

Split System Air Conditioners

Find out how Panasonic ECONAVI AERO Z-TKR Series compares to other Split System Air Conditioners

Worth every penny paid!

This unit has a lot of features compared to others and the price is very reasonable. Very energy efficient (4 & 4.5 stars) and it look very nice on the wall. Keep us warm during frosty nights and cools us during dry humid days. Though I can hear the fan blowing the air but it doesnt bother us. Mums Panasonic airconditioner is already 20 years old and it is still running! Will buy another Panasonic in the future.

Purchased in March 2020.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Nat, thanks for taking the time to provide your 5 star review, we do appreciate your review and your loyalty to Panasonic

DavidGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Powerful model

Purchased in July 2019.

Room Type Whole House
Owen T

Owen TBrisbane

Continual Problems but Panasales Customer Service even worse

Purchased in September 2018.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Owen, sorry to hear about the experience you have received in relation to service of the air conditioner.

Josh

JoshPerth, WA

Great aircon

Purchased this for my kids room.
Great aircon reliable keeps his room cool even with the hot afternoon sun beating on his window. I also have one in my room so its great when he misplaces the remote i can still use my remote to turn his on or off. Its quiet and every economical

Purchased in December 2019 for A$700.00.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Josh, thanks for taking the time to provide your 5 star review on both of your air cons. Is definitely handy that you can use the remotes for both units.

WayneC

WayneCFar North Queensland, QLD

Great upgrade from Fujitsu

Replaced Fujitsu of similar size with this system. Quieter running of both inside and outdoor units. Easy to use remote. Quick cool setting works well. So far, so good! And in Queensland eligible for PeakSmart rebate

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Wayne, thanks for the great feedback on your air conditioner.

Anne F.

Anne F.Central Queensland, QLD

Excellent .

I have the Panasonic 2.5 installed in my bedroom. Excellent. I have one question. Do I need to run the “dry” mode after running it all night on cool. .? I live in tropical Queensland.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Anne. Thanks for the feedback. No you don’t need to run the dry mode unless you want to remove moisture from the air.

Split System Air Conditioners

Noisy from day one and no help from Panasonic

Purchased in November 2019.

Rick H.

Rick H.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Don't waste your money or time

System puts out air about 5 degrees cooler then the air going in but according to the so called technician that spent about two minutes, the our side unit is OK so bad luck, suck it up and put up with it, pathetic at best.

December 12th 2019 Update: Full of crap

So their so called technician who came out, sent report to Panasonic with incorrect information so, get call from Panasonic saying nothing wrong hahaha, have request to have someone with any idea about split systems to come and do a decent inspection, problem with Panasonic is they don't exist.

Purchased in October 2019 for A$2,700.00.

Noni

Noni

Perfect for bedrooms!

We recently had these installed in our two kids bedrooms. Super quiet! So effective! Simple easy to use controls. Great in SA heat
& didnt blow out the power bill. No more hot sleepless nights!

Purchased in September 2019 at Betta Home Living for A$899.00.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Noni, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We love hearing how pleased you are with your air cons and that the kids will get the benefits for the upcoming summer heat!

Traceytray69

Traceytray69South East Queensland, QLD

The best I've had.

Perfect for both heating and cooling. Performance is better than I could have hoped for. The hearing is excellent. I turn it off after an hour as it heats so well. So keeps running costs well down. Summer cooling is fantastic and doesn't send my electric bill sky high.
Easy to use, remote control is well designed but is lacking a indoor temperature button which I had on my LG air conditioning in previous home. Would be beneficial to add this Panasonic.
Price of unit was great and the 4.2 kw cools and heats a 40sq room efficiently.

Purchased in September 2018 at Betta Home Living for A$999.00.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Tracey, thanks for the taking the time to provide the feedback on your air conditioner and your great experience with the energy efficiencies with it.

jomill

jomillalice springs

Cool air cool styling..

I purchased this split system to replace an old one. It is a sleek design and very easy to use. It is sup8et quiet and quick to cool down my home. I would highly recommend to others .

Purchased in December 2018.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Jomill, thank you for taking the time to provide your review on your air conditioner.

awiseowlMid North Coast, NSW

Super Quiet

We are Panasonic fans.
We were surprised at how quiet this air con is. We have other older Panasonic air cons & they are a lot noisier than this one.
It even goes up & down by half a degree EG 22, 22.5.
Dual sensor, it also turns itself off automatically & back on when it requires.
Perfect size for our home office.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Thanks for the great review. We love hearing about how happy our customers are with our products :)

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Thank you for being such a fantastic loyal fan. If you are a member of My Panasonic we will reach out on there for any offers to our great customers.

WK L.

WK L.Sydney, NSW

Great unit

Have 2 of the units installed. They are made in Malaysia. No major problem so far. However the indicator lights on the indoor unit can be annoying at night. Got them during the ebay promo from power land with free delivery.

Purchased in March 2018 at Powerland.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi WK, thank you for taking the time to provide your positive review.

Alex

AlexPerth, WA

Do not install in a bedroom, makes clicking creaking noises.

We have one of these installed in a bedroom, the fan keeps switching off and on repeatedly, and when the fan is off the unit makes clicking and creaking noises which are very disruptive to sleep. As far as I can tell there's no way to just keep the fan going. (I'm also not sure if it actually has an inverter in it - if it did I wouldn't have thought it would switch on and off like a duty cycle.)

Purchased in January 2018 at The Good Guys for A$1,500.00.

uming

umingADELAIDE

Cools down and heats up quite well, but strange noise bothers me

I had this unit for about 2 years and from about half year ago every time when i turn on and turn off the unit, there are strange noise like plastic being hit or crushed, or the fins cools down after heated or I don't know what actually makes the noise. The noise is actually quite loud it goes for a while even few minutes after shut still appears once or twice. I am not sure if this is under warranty. Do you guys have the same issue???. Thank you

Purchased in November 2017 at Airconditioning Warehouse Sales.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Uming, the air conditioner has a 5 year warranty, please contact our customer service team on 132600. If you are able to record a video this would also be helpful for our team to be able to further understand this.

James C.

James C.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Good product

I live in Melbourne Victoria, this is a very good product. However you need to find your own installer for the product from your local paper. The store where I bought the product can arrange installation but they will try to charge you double if not triple the price of installation. Still working well and no issues after 3 years.

Purchased in January 2017.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi James, thank you for taking the time to provide the review on your air conditioner.

wilgreg

wilgregPerth, WA

Fan on / off

Why does the fan keep going on and off it drives us mad ! We have 6 other aircons different make where at night you turn down to quiet and the fan just keep running very quietly. Lucky this one is not in our bedroom! As I would throw it out. We were advised that the new 7.1 kw unit was the quietest on the market.
Not at all happy .
Greg

Purchased in April 2019.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Wilgreg, thank you for the review, please contact our customer service team on 132600 and we can try and assist you with getting the best from your air conditioner.