Panasonic NN-CF770M

Panasonic NN-CF770M

NN-CF770M, NN-CF770MQPQ

Microwaves Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of microwave would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

2.5

So slow should boil on stove top

We had an old sharp which we replaced should have kept this model take ages to heat our gas job is better. Would take twice as long as old model to heat.

Purchased in March 2020 for A$350.00.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi and sorry to hear about the issues with your microwave. Please call us for some support to ensure there isn't a fault with the unit. 132600

Erica

EricaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Can't live without it!

I bought this combo microwave/convection oven to save energy on turning on our large 900mm gas oven just for small amounts of baking.

I now find I can't live without this! It is perfect for baking cakes, biscuits, roasts, pies etc just as well as any regular sized oven, I just find that you have to add on some degrees ie if recipe says 180 I will set this to 190-200 degrees.
I find it heats evenly, and bakes and grills perfectly.
Since buying this about a year ago I would say I have used my regular oven only once!

Purchased in April 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$1,200.00.

Very disappointed

Sadly my Panasonic NN-CF770M died last night. It is 5 years old and the second one I've had in this time. The first one had to be replaced within 6 months of purchase asit kept breaking down. As it was an expensive item $900, I'll will get a quote to see how much to repair. I would not purchase another one. I have found the microwave part is quite slow compared to just an ordinary microwave.

Purchased in May 2012 for A$900.00.

PiajessMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Good value for the price

Purchased in December 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$649.00.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Pia, thank you for taking the time to provide the feedback in relation to your microwave. We do appreciate the time you have taken to provide the detailed feedback.

Cheryl

CherylMurray Region, NSW

Love this oven

Had mine for over 5 years and never had a problem with it. I use it as a microwave and as a full time oven. If it ever wears out I will be getting another one.
Cheryl

Purchased in February 2015.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Cheryl Thanks for your review. It’s always great to hear how happy people are with their products 5 years later.

D.Kassey

D.KasseySouth East Queensland, QLD

cleaning

how the are you able to clean inside roof of the oven when there is a fix grill stopping you this is minus for Panasonic cooking etc is fine just the cleaning
darryl

Purchased in June 2018 at Harvey Norman for A$500.00.

Sophie

SophieSydney, NSW

Absolutely love it

Love this oven - can put large casseroles and platters due to lack of turntable. it's relatively quiet, looks handsome in the kitchen, super easy to clean and very powerful. Only had it for a month so can't say how long it will last, but I definitely recommend it to busy families.

Purchased in January 2019 at Bing Lee for A$279.00.

Ella

EllaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Flatbed microwave

The Panasonic flatbed microwave is excellent. Having no turn table makes fitting different shaped dishes in the cooking cavity easy. Heat is distributed evenly so cooking is even. Placing and removing items is easier as no tray has to be allowed for. The controls are simple to use.
It is a good kitchen appliance.

Date PurchasedSep 2016
Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Ella, thank you for taking the time to provide such informative feedback, it is great to hear you are happy with the flatbed technology.

Hanksey4Sydney

Heap of crap

We have had this microwave for only 3 years and it’s died with a H97 error code. Even when it did work it was terrible. It was very slow and cooked unevenly. Eg. Two minutes to heat a cup of milk. This model is a heap of crap. Stay away.

Date PurchasedJan 2016
Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Hanksey4, thank you for the feedback. Please contact our customer service team on 132600 and we can provide you details for a service agent. to inspect the unit and rectify the H97 error.

brett

brett

NOT HAPPY slow cooking, blown globes and door hard to open

Microwave is much slower then our old small sharp microwave that the Panasonic replaced, The light globe blew in first 24 hours of owning this microwave so they replaced the whole unit. after a few months of use door become very hard to open. at 10 months old another light globe has blown this time sent to repairer Ive now been with out a microwave for almost 4 WEEKS!

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Paula

PaulaLower Inman Valley, SA

A little disappointed :-(

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Don1955

Don1955melbourne

Ours Has Been Good

I see there are mixed reviews for this model - that surprised me because our experience has been all positive. It is n attractive machine, well designed and it cooks particularly well. Ok we mostly use it as a microwave for reheating food but we have had no problems at all and are completely happy with it.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Danielle B

Danielle BWyreema

2 out of 2 broke

I purchased one and within a week it was playing up would work every second time you would start it. After a week and a half I took it back and the replaced it with a new one and after just 2days it broke. Needless to say I asked for my money back and bought a new microwave of a different brand

Date PurchasedMay 2016
OzGeko

OzGekoAdelaide

Good microwave and oven not so good grill.

Date PurchasedAug 2016
petersonsplace

petersonsplaceAU

Good but Microwave side could be better

Bought this to replace a small oven and microwave. Having had a combi before I had big expectations but considering I was coming from two separate appliances (microwave and oven) to a combi, I should expect things not to be as I expect. Oven is a not a powerful as my last one (but I did know that), but still does seem to take a long time to heat/defrost. The oven side of it is great. Being only 3 of us in the house, it's the perfect size. Not crazy about the combination cooking.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Terrible microwave ok oven

Simply the biggest mistake you could make if your after a great microwave. Side by side with other's microwaves we own this often takes TWICE as long to heat a simple dish. As an oven it is OK just make sure not to burn the rear of your dish as it doesn't spin. Terrible as a defroster as well.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
CountryGirl

CountryGirl

Use it all the time

Bought this on the recommendation of a friend but they had an older model. Probably not quiet as good as I thought it would be but having said that, I still use it virtually daily. The oven feature I use a lot rather than heating up the large oven. I can fit most things I want to cook in it on a day to day basis which I find very convenient. The microwave function is still plenty good enough and I like that you can fit larger dishes in it.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Not good

This is the worst unit I have ever purchased would not recommend the door keeps saying not closed keeps on turnig of I have it in my caravan at the beach so hardly used but out of warrenty panasonic your reputation is not good with this product going to buy another brand

Date PurchasedMay 2016
Ilya Lisunov

Ilya LisunovSouth East Queensland, QLD

This is the way Microwaves should be.

I just love it. I use it often as an oven if I have frozen pizza for example. As a microwave it takes little longer sometimes to get your dish warm enough, but you can fit in it larger dishes with no problem because of flat surface without rotating dish. It is easy to clean as well.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Vicki

Vicki

Microwave doesn’t work well at all

We bought this as it’s a convention oven also but we hardly ever use the convention oven side of it. When we did use it, the convention oven does work really well. The pastry cooks fantastically. But we tend to use it more for a microwave. It can’t even cook the packets of microwave pop corn! I’m on lite n easy and I have to cook my meals for an extra 3 minutes to what it says. Even then I end up burning my mouth as in some spots of my meal is cold and other spots it’s steaming hot. I would buy just a microwave that does only one job and one job well next time.

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Mike J.

Mike J.asked

NN-CF770M

Food splashed the top glass element and reflector behind it, I need to know if I can removed the grill to clean or is this a service item.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Mike, you are not able to remove the grill yourself, please contact our customer service team on 132600 for the nearest service centre.

Augustine

Augustineasked

NN-CF770M

Please tell Cake baking time and mode?

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Augustine, sorry we can't give you the baking time as it depends on what you are cooking and other variables. If you are following a recipe best to check that with the wattage of the unit. Also regularly inspect the cake to ensure it is not overcooked.

Margaret

Margaretasked

NN-CF770M

Can I cook with oven and microwave combined or oven, microwave and grill combined putting in my own temperatures and time.
It seems I can only cook with grill and microwave combined. Disappointing.

Piajess

Yes, you're right from what I can see in the manual. However, I have cooked cakes using microwave followed by convection and they turned out fine. But it is just as easy to just cook with convection for cakes. The combination function of microwave and grill works ok too but only for things that need browning or crisping.

Get an answer from our members and Panasonic representatives