Panasonic SD-ZB2512

MPN: SDZB2512KST

9 questions from our users

Milmil

Milmilasked

Hi, is there a plan to release the SD-ZX2522 model in Australia? Thanks.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Milmil, any product release announcements will be via our website or social media channels.

Marie B.

Marie B.asked

I made a rye loaf using the rye blade and I had two problems. Firstly the loaf had a very hard texture and did not taste like a freshly baked loaf at all. Secondly I had difficulties getting the rye blade out of the pan. It was completely stuck and I had to push underneath the pan to get it out. I used Organic Stoneground Rye flour. Should I have used a specific rye flour for break machines instead?

Ms M

Ms Masked

Is this bread machine good to use in US?

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Ms M, we would always suggest purchasing a product in each region, given the differences in power consumption etc. Safety regulations in each country are different.

Dooby

Doobyasked

I have the zb2512 and a packet of Lucke gluten free.
The packet said to follow its instructions and not just press gluten free option on the breadmaker. My question is has anyone made a loaf of gluten free using the laucke packet and just pressed the GF option on the breadmaker?

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Dooby, Lucke instructions should be followed as they have tested these methods. As you may have seen the manual also has recipes you can also use for gluten free bread. These can be found on pages 33 and 34 of the user manual.

DAVE0202asked

How much energy does it take to make a loaf Most say 3-4 hour per recipe can NOT possibly be 500W

DVW

I never use the Panasonic guidelines. So a large loaf I do on menu 2 and dark brown crust. Takes 2 hours.

DAVE0202

The Question was How much energy does it take ?

No idea

BarbB

BarbBasked

Does anyone else have a problem with the noise this machine makes? When it drops the yeast in the mix, it’s like a pistol going off. Even my dogs which are outside, run and hide. I use to set the timer on my trusty old Breville to have fresh bread in the morning. I think I would die of a heart attack if this thing went off in the wee hours of the morning.

Hi BarbB
No, my Panasonic breadmaker did not make a loud noise. However, I do know that it is made in China - not Japan - and quality control / reliability may not be high on their agenda.
Suggest you return it for a refund or ask for a replacement. Hope it is within the 1 year warranty period.

Diane L

Diane Lasked

How hard is it to get parts?
Cheers, Di

gb130175

As soon as the lid hinge broke I returned to Myer for a full refund. So I have no experience of buying parts from Panasonic Australia.

Hi,
Mine has not broken down as yet still going strong and making beautiful loaves, but there is a guarantee for work to be done in Australia
Many thanks
Betty

Shenjenasked

I got this few months back. For some reason, my bread loaf always sinking when baking. My previous Panasonic SD2501, I never faced the problem at all. Anyone have any idea to share on why the bread is sinking? Rdgs. Sharon

crisssydoll
crisssydoll

Shenjen, are you using and following the recipe in the booklet? Do you leave it in the bread maker after it bakes for ages? Is the yeast in date?

Shenjen

I used my own recipe. I used to get a big fluffy bread with the same but not now since coming back fr holidays.

bettyfrances

Are you using bread improver and bakers four? that can sometimes be the problem. My bread recipe which I find always works is
2 Cups plain flour
2 Cups Bakers Flour
1 tsp Yeast
1Tbls of Olive Oil
1 tsp Salt
350 mils water (check if too dry and add more if needed)
Good for Pizza dough, Bread Rolls, Loaves etc This is out of a River Cottage Cookbook.
I set it on large loaf and dark crust and just let it rip and get perfect loaf every time.

Sylvia

Sylviaasked

Hi, do you know what's the difference with Panasonic SD2501 model?

RICK
RICK

11 settings compared to 17 with the SD-ZB2512. SD-ZB2512 is later model, stainless on the unit outside compared with plastic on the SD2501. Other than more functions, probably not much different. I have an old old Panasonic that still makes great bread despite the coating on the bucket being gone. I have just bought a Panasonic SD-ZB2512 but have not used it yet. If it makes bread as good as the old model then I will be happy. Panasonic seems to make a better loaf of bread than other models which is why I bought another Panasonic.

Get an answer from our members and Panasonic representatives