PayPal

1.3

1,279 reviews
  • Rates and Fees
  • Timeliness

No customer service in Australia if there is a problem

My concern with PayPal here in Australia is that if you need to talk to a human, you can’t. I have a problem that many people have had before me so they are aware that it is an issue. I will never be able use my account again. Be warned, if you have a problem, and the system can’t fix it then there doesn’t appear to be any consultants available to help. I’d like to think that someone at PayPal might see this and do something but I highly doubt it.

George T

George TSouth East Queensland, QLD

Scammers operating under PayPals name.

I have been trying to contact PayPal to report a scam that is working under their name. The scammers nearly withdrew a substantial amount out of my account, if it wasn't for the bank Being alert they would have succeeded.
You would think PayPal would be interested in this, but try getting in contact with them.
This company is a disgrace .

dont bother

dont botherLaunceston

Money on hold

Fed up with ebay and PayPal. Have been a long time seller and buyer, but no more. Its not worth selling anymore, with all associated fees and im still waiting for payment after a few weeks.

Kostya

KostyaSouthern and Hills, SA

Awful service by all means

My friend sent me money from overseas. Not only that paypal has terrible conversion and on top of that a high commission. They put the money on hold for absolutely unclear and made-out-of-the-air reason (I suspect they just use your money until they "clear" it), and said it would be released within 21 days!!
Customer service is atrocious, simply my call was disconnected after many automated questions. In the end I clicked "refund" and we tried Transferwise. The difference is unreal. First of all, in the end I got $45 dollars more (very small commission, $3.75 versus $24! plus better exchange rate. Money available within 2 minutes.

I will never use Paypal. Absolute rubbish

Bazz D

Bazz DCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Refunds

Simmi

SimmiVictoria

Shady and no one picks up the phone

I have tried to contact some one from the customer service team to discuss about issues and no one picks up, they redirect to send them a message and no one responds.How is this allowed?

Mel

MelPERTH

Buyer protection is awesome

I always use PayPal as the buyer protection is such a bonus. I've often had to call on their dispute resolution processes to try and get a refund from a vendor who didn't deliver the goods or who had poor quality stock but refused to do much about it. PayPal's return shipping system is a winner too... if you need to return or exchange a product, as long as you paid with PayPal and you send it back to the vendor within 90 days of purchase, PayPal refunds the shipping costs. Has saved me quite a few $$$ over the years.

Sandy

SandySouth East Queensland, QLD

Bad communication

kellie M.

kellie M.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

if paypal had a brain would they know how to use it or is monkey smarter

if paypal had a brain would they know how to use it or is monkey smarter than paypal? and talking to paypal is like talking to a blow up doll if i could i would not rate it a -0. and can the phones catch covid 19 because paypal thinks they can? they don't even know how to use a computer they just sit around on their butts and get paid for doing nothing and being useless! and the online team cant read text in the message centre they dont look or read your chat text on the message centre they even dont listen when we used to call them over the phone i reckon you are talk to a computer on that message centre these days it is not a live living human

Lloyd

Lloyd

Paypal Suckermanship

jay

jay

PayPal scam & fraudulent service - POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS BEWARE

suzie2010

suzie2010

Hopeless customer and resolution services

The worst communication and customer service I have ever encountered.
No access to customer support when problems arise. No phone contact , no email address. Useless virtual assistant services, very long wait for an agent who has a script and does nothing to resolve the issue.
Stonewalling and superficial investigation of dispute.
Dismissed the fraudulent activity of a company which placed my card details and those of other customerrs at risk.
Thankfully my bank took my concerns on board and provided excellent advice.

Chaneal J.

Chaneal J.Sydney, NSW

Let down and ripped off!

I was scammed for $40AUD, the seller was going to refund me compensation of 40%,50% then 65% I asked PayPal’s advice and “they” escalated the claim. Then I got offered 37% refund after PayPal intervenes I declined now I have to send the item in return for a full refund at my own cost. So I’m even more out of pocket for a well known scam I fell for. I’ve since reported it to scam watch Australia but PayPal has completely let me down on this. Add to it my case has been handled by person after person has left me not assured in the least... there is no buyer protection. I’ve told them of the numerous people scammed I found after the fact and I simply get placated.

• +2
Jody

JodyVictoria

Ripped me off 2128 thousand dollars

I was hacked and they took 2128 thousand dollars tried resolution centre and they closed the case without doing anything, sting it was in accordance with my payment history I have never dealt with this company that the payment went to and I have never ever sent a payment of that amount or any amount even close to that so much for their refund if something goes wrong

Lucas21

Lucas21Sydney, NSW

They won't give me my money.

I have been contacting customer service for almost a month now asking to have my PayPal balance transferred to my bank account after someone hacked my account and the retrieved money was put into my PayPal balance. I cannot do this myself as they disabled my account and won't let me do anything with it. It's such a simple request yet they don't seem to even be able to respond to me.

MT

MT

Unable to link bank account to make any withdrawal. Help is non-existence.

Wade

WadeQueensland

Poor Service Customer Service

Misleading Advertising Product was Not What l Ordered Riped Off No Help Offered Buyer Beware Customer Service What Service Product Misleading Advertising Links Non Excistent Poor Show PayPal Poor Show

OSCAR AGUILAR

OSCAR AGUILARSydney, NSW

Their support page is none existent, Resolution centre does not read the information.

I have a problem in the way that PayPal want to close a Problem that I have with a Case ID: PP-D-74539957. The seller make a mistake sending me the wrong item and in order to credit my money for the item that I ordered (that is more expensive), they requested that I send back the wrong item under my postage cost! I don't have a problem sending the wrong item back to them but as per PayPal Policy and the consumer law in most countries, they should send me a return label and paid by transport by them. They make the mistake no me, so why I should have to paid for freight??
PayPal does not read my information and all it does request that I send the wrong item back on my cost!!

Leon

LeonSydney, NSW

Terrible !!! You could not contact them.

I tried to reopen the case three time but I found out later that the case was closed by paypal without refunding my money. Better used credit cards instead because you have an insurance/assurance.

Most awful experience

Had to use PayPal to transfer money for my wedding dress sale. Firstly, they charged me $200 transaction fee. As it was my first time using PayPal, they withheld my money for 21 days while they earned interest on my
Payment. My Dre’s was received two days after I paid via PayPal. After 21 days they locked my account because they wanted proof of identity. At that point I contacted customer service which was a horrid experience. No phone number just a chat bot. Now I’ve provided docs for I’d reference and no response apart from they will suspend my account further as they claim doc haven’t been received. You motto is help you get
Paid, what a joke. You essentially steal money from your customers.