PayPal

PayPal

See the Best Money Transfer Services in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

VERY BAD PROTECTION OF MY FUNDS.

I received an email from PayPal stating I had made a purchase for an Optus Sport Monthly Subscription. It had gone through Google Pay and then to my PayPal account and subsequently out of my bank account. I did not make this transaction and contacted them to advise. They said they would check. A while later I received an email advising it was NOT an unauthorised transaction. I contacted Optus. They checked and advised there was no transaction relating to me at all. I did not even have an account with them. I went back to PayPal and advised them of this and they said they would re-check and again emailed back stating it was NOT an unauthorised transaction and that the query was finalised!! What the? I had received nothing from Optus saying I had purchased a subscription and nothing from Google Pay saying I had made a purchase. In fact I do not have a Google Pay account and have never setup a Google Pay account. I contacted Google. Their response was immediately helpful and they advised they could see what it was (the transaction) and that they were sending the details to their Fraud/security team to deal with. I had to cancel my credit card, change all my passwords and pins plus ensure that this Monthly subscription was not charged to me again in one month. Paypal, allowed this transaction to go through without my even logging onto their system, using my usual log on and password. It is simply and absolutely not good enough on their part. Their Security is sadly lacking. Thank goodness for prompt action from my bank INGDirect who refunded the amount without any question. I cancelled my PayPal account.

Shame on You | Refunded Buyer | Even Proved item was not Faulty

The buyer opened a case saying that the item was faulty. Received item back and item was definately fine, even provided photos and proof to Paypal. Paypal said that I could resell the item seeing that I had received it back, so they refunded the buyer. Really unfair, upsetting and greedy company!

UNSAFE, SCAM

PayPal is unsafe. I entered my details into paypal and at the exact same time another website skrill.com took a large amount of money out of my account.
PayPal's response was they don't care. Be very weary of using PayPal.

Rates and Fees

Paypal holds on to money and won't let you access it.

I sold item on ebay and gave buyer option of PayPal or bank transfer. As PayPal was supposed to be instant the buyer used this method. I gave them the item. Buyer happy but paypal refuse to release funds because I didnt have a tracking number. Ebay told PayPal the buyer received goods but that's not good enough. They intend to make me wait in excess of 21 days!!! Not good!

Rates and Fees

Sent an item yet was forced to refund the buyer

The buyer opened up a case saying the item didn't arrive. I provided proof of tracking and a lodgement receipt but still lost the case. The greedy company even made me refund the buyer "PayPal fees" on top of the $300.

Rates and Fees

PayPal cannot be contacted by any means.

I used PayPal as a guest to make a au$160 purchase and have been scammed.
I would like to report this fraudulent website and have spent a total of 90 minutes waiting on the phone without ever being answered and if trying to do it by email I'm repeatedly locked out. There is no place to write an email.
They are obviously making sure people can't report problem sellers so they don't have to deal with it.
They say PayPal is a secure way to pay but it certainly is not. All they're after is commission on the transaction.
It's safer to use a bank card. At least they deal with fraudulent sellers and attempt to get your money back.

They STILL have my company's money!

Considering going to the ombudsmen on them. They won't let me access my company's money, still asking me to confirm the same information I have provided on several occasions. Called, they said they would sort it out immediately. Still nothing, months later.

Sneaky nonsense fees

have been using for ages and never experienced fees, but as soon as you do a different transaction that you don't usually do, be aware they do not make it obvious enough what this will attract a fee. Rude customer service also. Considering deleting account

Rates and Fees

Facilitates and protects sale of counterfeit items

PayPal pretends to protect buyers from scams - it does not. I was sold a counterfeit Xiaomi watch. When I lodged a PayPal dispute I was told to send the item back (overseas) at my expense. This is illegal as you cannot posses or transport counterfeit items and the sale should be voided. Many other cases online have had this happen.

Biggest Scam EVER

PayPal charge huge fees then claim to send automated emails to buyers if the service or product wasn't tracked . They never do and put your hard earned money on hold causing cash flow problems . This is an absolute joke . I would avoid and use other products like square

Berrylook

Terrible quality products, sizing more like a child's, don't waste your money, absolute crap and rubbish. My purchases are going to the OP Shop as I can't be bothered to deal with people like this. GIVE THEM A BIG MISS!!!!

Rates and Fees

Happy with service and refund after scam!

I was scammed, $4000 was stolen from my account over night. Resolution team reacted immediately and the full amount was refunded within 10 hours! I sent email, they did investigation and replied very quickly with the positive news. I was the happiest! Thank you Team for looking after your clients. I've been a member since 2012 and this was the first time I had an issue with the company. But their reaction was incredible and they're customer service is first class. 5 stars for communication and resolution. Everything is just easy as pie. I would recommend everyone this service. It is the most streamlined and safe payment service whether you are buying or selling! And if you are genuine - you are 100% covered.

Useless

My ex partner logged into my account ( after I changed my password) and made a purchase. Money came out of my account. Resolution team did nothing. Appalling customer service. Won't be using PayPal again. Steer clear!!!!

Untrusted

Beware the amount spent using paypal are not secure or insured. I would never use paypal and really upset with their pathetic resolution team. Please do research before proceeding using it

Rates and Fees

Paypal is a piece of garbage

Paypal steal interest off of people by holding onto funds that aren't theres. Their fees are exorbitant and ridiculous. I never ever want to deal with paypal ever again. Terrible.

Rates and Fees

Paypal staff unethical rude and hungup and lied to me.

My account is blocked with my money. I have been told about 10 times its resolved it takes 24 hours to refresh. It was just a lie. Today they hung up 60 times.

Do not trust or use

I cannot express how applauded I am by PayPal's actions regarding money that I got from selling an item on ebay.
I could prove that I had posted the item and included the tracking number. This was enough evidence for ebay to accept that I had sold the item and sent it. But PayPal did deem this enough evidence and took the money directly from my account. Meaning that I have lost out twice, both the item that I posted and also the payment leaving me doubly out of pocket to in excess of £500. Why if something is good enough for ebay it isn't for PayPal. If I could give a 0 or - rating I would.

Theft

They don’t even deserved one STAR.. they just took seller money and refund it to buyer without notification or whatsoever. Even you have proof of delivery and the parcel has been delivered and received, they don’t care. They even ignored and never reply to my messages. I hope ebay don’t use this scammer company anymore. Only think of their on benefits, charged very high fees and no protections for seller at all... such a scammer

Rates and Fees

Use Square its so much better .

Time for paypal to up there game . You guys are not the only ones in town anymore .
I personally am moving all my payment systems to Square its so much better and they don't hold onto your money like paypal does .

Piece of crap

It wouldn't accept my change of email in settings. I called them and they said that there is a confirmation when you change your email, there is no 'confimation' or 'ok' button or 'save change' button it simply let me change it and when I click away from the text box, it had changed my email to the new one. I made a purchase for software that needed a key, the key sent to my old email, not the new one, when I logged in, sure enough it was back at my old email. I can't access my old email, which is why I changed it.
Now I have several things I need, being sent by Paypal to an inactive account. Then I decide to sing up a new account. The account wants you to give them a mobile number but an option for 'not now' comes up, it doesn't work, why have buttons that don't work?

Rates and Fees

To see the seller of my grater I got from Victoria a few days ago.It fell apart several times with first use,it ha sno brand or return address on it nothing at all.I paid for it with Pay Pal,so need to contact them you may have their address.Brian Sutton WA
Contact Pay Pal, they may be able to help you get a refund.

Never send money to anyone via their Paypal personal payment option - if you are scammed Paypal will do absolutely nothing to help you. I will never use Paypal again.

I have suspicions about buyer & have already paid for it on Paypal. Dispute has been elevated to claim by PayPal, & will take 3 or 4 weeks. Contacted Chase Bank who asked PayPal for refund. Sent e-mail to seller and E-bay to cancel as order is to be shipped tomorrow. Should I refuse delivery if is shipped?
its up you. what you want to do. nobody else can make the decision for you I don't understand why you ask the question here where you could be given the wrong informationCheck your rights under ACCC LAW and all your questions will be answered. PayPal must comply to ACCC LAW and any seller. ACCC out line your rights and once you notify PayPal your rights under ACCC law they must comply. PayPal is rubbish just a middle man and middle man stalling and delaying tactics so they can try make money. All banks do comply to ACCC Laws, so use a credit card or your debit master card :P and always check your statements on line soon after for a less hassle free internet purchases. :D

Other Money Transfer Services