PayPal

• Rates and Fees
  • Timeliness

Anna

Anna

Better for buyers most of the time. Bad for sellers.

Simon H

Simon HNorth-West & West coast, TAS

Paypal supplers are not good to deal with.

I would like to tell everyone to be careful when ordering through Paypal, i ordered two products and both of them were incorrect, when i contacted paypal i had to return them at my cost, that is so wrong when it was not my fault. I will never deal with paypal again.

Pedro

PedroBroadbeach

paypal failure

I recently tried to buy a product online using my paypal account but it refused to accept my linked Visa card (which I have used on other occasions) so I had to use my card direct to the seller. Today I logged on to my paypal account to find out what went wrong. As none of the FAQ's addressed my problem I tried the shown phone number 61 2 8223 9500 only to be messaged "This number not connected"!!

sara

saraSydney, NSW

Money Guarantee means nothing to Paypal

My card has been used to purchase a mobile phone through Paypal and Paypal advised me that they made a Guest Account to do so.
It is on Paypal to make a safe environment for the customers for online shopping rather than to misuse and fraud. They must check the identity of account holders with their bank cards/accounts at least to prevent this. I believe that in such a case, Paypal should return the money ASAP and also investigate the matter properly rather than no taking the blame and find the person who misuse my card and give their investigation report to police to take further legal actions.

10 years account can't be reactivated because of an old phone number

Thieves. Scum.

They are basically Thieves. Stay away from them or eventually they will block your account and steal your money. They keep finding ways to block you. Plus they charge 3 times more than other companies.
Disgusting company

Darren W.

Darren W.

Use any other means of payment if you can, just hopeless

I ordered an automatic dog ball launcher but received an owl necklace!? I lodged a dispute, sent the item back, provided tracking detials however Paypal still found in favour of the seller? The seller is obviouosly being deliderately deceptive as neither their email or phone numbers ever worked. I will lodged a dispute with my bank as a matter of principal but will avoid using Paypal at all costs!

John Gallagher

John GallagherGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Biased

Resolution and chat forum were extremely rude and pointed after l returned a purchased item to seller of TV Buddy asking for a credit of my money as item was not as advertised and was sent Two months after l placed my order, there was no customer contact number and no email address so went through Paypal resolution it took 2 months and a number of messages to Paypal to try and resolve my claim which was resolved in sellers favour no emails or contact from Paypal to inform me of their decision l only found out by logging into my Paypal account that the resolution was closed after three months in the sellers favour so by by $160 AU and Paypal

Full refund no problem

Very happy with the level of service online. I got a full refund from PayPal for an item I didn't receive.
Very happy with PayPal's process of dealing with my dispute with the seller

Graham

Graham

Wrong component sent now trying to get a refund

I bought a drive belt for a power planer through paypal, The wrong component got sent in untracked parcel. I have been trying to get a refund through paypal as I thought I had protection. Paypal now say that I have got to send the component back to UK tracked at my own cost, this will cost more than the refund due. Have tried messaging through paypal but the app is not available, have tried phoning but have been on hold nearly 1 hour. Paypal processes seem to be deliberately designed to prevent communication with customers over disputes, this is unacceptable.

Worst experience ever

Worst experience ever , PayPal temporarily suspended my account and it has a limitation that o won’t be authorised to withdraw my money ( more than $1000 ) .

The reason that I have to verify my information which is already there , however I submitted all my documents online and they never get back to me , I called them and stuff was rude especially Jay was so bad . Money been held for almost one month and certainly my business has been stopped for a month as well . They said wait 7 days , I waited and I rang and then wait another 7 days . Paypal not secure anymore , why don’t you ask for this documents before we sign in . Absolutely disgraceful

Bill

BillGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Professional company whiteout professional services. Terrible

I paid the goods throughout PayPal and never received. They claim that cover the payment through their service, obviously not . I complained to them and they and they refuse my complain, the seller confirmed sent good, but I never received after four months of my payment. Don't fall of their claim.

michael

michaelSydney, NSW

Money not safe

Anybody can use your account transfer money unauthorized and then charge you for that, their customer service is bad they don't help and just try to make you pay for things you did not buy to people you do not know.
They are terrible.

Lukas C.

Lukas C.Sydney, NSW

No buyer protection

Unfortunately, as all big corporations, they don't give a rat about you and as a buyer have 0 protection from them. Their customer service is shocking, after 1 hour waiting on the phone, there was no help. Not helping to sort our a fraud case (even tho they were reported by many other customers), just bad, very bad!

Roy

Roy

No way Pal

Dont be fooled into thinking that you get any degree of buyer protection with paypal, like many other people I filed a complaint against a Chinese rip off company with paypal and they were useless, fortunately it was only for $35...........shame Have to give this bunch of Liars 1 star.

Glass G.

Glass G.

If i never had to use paypal again, I wouldn't

I used to use paypal here on my mobile for my business until a customer queried a transaction. Paypal refunded their money no questions asked. When I disputed this I received absolutely no help from Paypal and was told "if you had a premium prescription you would have been covered" so I stopped using them. Fast forward to now and a customer has paid a deposit to me using paypal and they have put it on hold for 21 days!

Tekstop

TekstopVictoria

PayPal updates Legal Changes but No extra Customer Services

Received Email From PayPal. Tried phoning, and messaging.
Waited over 1 hour on phone that plays boring music, Started chat with PayPal messaging, Light on, no-one home but robot answering service. I'm working towards closing down account have already withdrawn all funds. PayPal balance $00.00.

Dianne D.

Dianne D.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Worse than 1 star

Paypal would have to be the most inept and hopelessly coordinated business on the planet. They do not read submissions re returns and avoid communicating with the customer.
Staff obviously lack business acumen and getting through to someone with accountability is impossible.
They closed my case in favor of the Chinese supplier of un serviceable goods - returned and never acknowledged. Security level offered is zero.
I feel that the ACCC should take Paypal to task and even a royal commission type investigation into their operation would seem appropriate. In my 75 years Paypal is a stand out for inefficiency. It should never be used for any consumer transaction with any product risk potential.

Biskits

BiskitsPerth, WA

Buyer protection policy is a joke.

If i could give zero stars i would. Buyer protection policy is a joke. They take sides with the seller and leave you stranded. They were no help at all. Paypal is no pal of mine. Seller sent wrong item and paypal wanted me to post back to the seller, with tracking, at my expense. I think the seller was just getting rid of unwanted stock and HE knew HE was protected by paypal.

Moz

MozWollongong

Buyer protection seriously flawed and not working

It's all a big mess and a massive waste of time... They put the onus on the buyer to prove fraud and scams and their instructions do not work, nor does their app.

What a joke. PayPal is a parasite.