PayPal

PayPal

1.4 from 1,005 reviews

See the Best Money Transfer Services in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

jen

jenGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

ABSOLUTE THIEVES - they now keep the fees for refunds.

Leant today 03.12.19 that PayPal is now keeping the fees when they refund a transaction! i am online retailer and often have to refund customers if they change their minds. Customer paid $1550, refunded the client - Paypal took 5 days to refund the client's money and ON TOP KEPT THE $48 of fees. called them, and they advised it their new policy. thank you PayPal and good luck to you. this is nothing else but theft and removing PayPal from all platforms now.

KVSKP

KVSKPSydney, NSW

Absolute mess where my money is stuck.

TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE

I tried to use PayPal to pay for a couple of different items and kept coming across a paypal error page to say that the linked cards werent accepted and I had to link another. I knew both cards should be fine so I called their contact centre concerned about fraudulent activity. PayPal placed the blame straight back on the retailers - even though the error appeared under their domain name and it was happening with more than one big name Australian brand. They were clearly not interested in helping me at all or concerned about the fraud potential of people continually re-entering their credit card details.
Big market opportunity for the company that offers the same product as PayPal AND considers their customers!

Convenient until you need help. Poor customer experience. Bad customer service.

Poor customer experience. Service is convenient until you need help. eBay identified a fraudulent transaction. Paypal call centre service and dispute resolution process was confusing and not intuitive. The call centre was not helpful and the online dispute process was convoluted and not clear. If you are a merchant I dont recommend this product if you want your consumers to have a positive customer experience. Full refund still has not been provided.

worst company ever

this company is the worst money transfer company ever they don't mind taking your money straight away but takes 5 days to get a refund what a joke do not use this company

Powell M.

Powell M.Queensland

Terrible service

Today waited on hold 2h 21 mins before giving up. I just wanted help on an api code. This is after many other problems. PayPal treats customers like security risks.

Customer help appalling...

Well after the 3rd call and 3rd different reason why my purchase hasnt gone through, after the first two told me to call bank then eBay and only after calling PayPal back the 3rd time they then tell me its their system!

John

JohnSouth East Queensland, QLD

Paypal are just con-artists.

My dispute in the resolution center has dissapeared. It has just gone! No advice. No commicartion.
All the information requested was there - I was cheated by a rouge seller.
So much for their so-called butyer protection - JUST A GREAT BIG CON!
They have no ethics, no decency and are a law unto themselves
I cannot better express my indignation and utter disgust in their process (or lack of it) and the absolutely ZERO communication or my ability to respond.

PayPal is terrible

I was using paypal for years and suddenly they blocked me of using it, given reason that my account was recorded as unsafe activity. I only use PayPal to online shopping and occasionally sells thing on Gumtree. They accused a normal customer like a murderer. I hope company going down soon as they reject clients and providing terrible service. After the experience that I have with PayPal I want to rate it 0 star and unsafe to use at all!

SCM

SCMSouth East Queensland, QLD

Do not let them float your cash.

Paypal holds all funds for as long as they legally can to earn interest. They are outright uninterested in buyers and sellers. Run business through here if you hate your cashflow and like to disappoint people while looking stupid.

Peter

PeterGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Fraud Enablers or Fraudsters?

Not a Paypal account holder. Nevertheless (unauthorised )Paypal charge appeared on my credit card statement. Attempts to contact Paypal was an exercise in futility. Very very difficult unless you hold a Paypal account. Attempted to call the number given on the website. Shifted around by a multitude of prompts and options and eventually left hanging. Dispute now in the hands of the card provider and advice is it may take several weeks to resolve. Meanwhile Paypal has the use of my money-good business model!
Always check you credit card purchases and if Palpal appears be suspicious .

Customer service, yeah "ain't nobody got time fo' dat"

Numerous attempts at getting hold of someone to help me with possible problems and continuously getting "bot" generated replys about subjects that had nothing to do with what I asked. If you like to be frustrated then yep these are the guys for you

Dheeraj Agrawal

Dheeraj AgrawalMelbourne

Terrible website, no customer care and fraud company

Spirit

SpiritPerth, WA

No consumer protection

My account gets hacked and an automatic payment set up to another merchant. when you can actually figure out how to email PayPal they just tell you not their problem and close the case. there is no consumer protection. I agree with the comments below, it has really changed, I used to like PayPal. You cannot escalate it or even dispute the claim. Fortunately the bank was a lot more helpful will not be using PayPal again too risky. Zero stars

MARG

MARG

shcoking company - don't use paypal

paypal have held onto a payment made to me for a service rendered for 10 days now and they say they will have on to it for another 21 days and that they have to protect my customer. my customer who was very happy with the service. i did not sell a product that may be faulty, i gave someone a colonic, oxygen therapy and a sauna and yet paypal have decided this customer may need protection from me or these services received. payal use this excuse to not just make money from their charges on your money but from interest accrued whilst holding onto your money. furious!!!!!!

Kelli

KelliGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Do they even understand english?

Daniel

DanielGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Scammer enablers

PayPal advertise based on their buyer protection but when it comes to actually using it it's all just smoke and mirrors.
They allow scammers to use their platform to provide legitimacy to their counterfeit goods.
After realising I had been sucked in by scammers and using the PayPal buyer protection they "reviewed" the case and decided in the scammers favour because the scammers had delivered the goods.
The buyer protection is a scan in its own right. Don't trust PayPal.

chrissy

chrissyBrisbane

Postage return costs more than I paid

I have been asked to return the goods back to China before I can recieve a refund on the dented saucepans. Unfortunatley the cost to return from Australia is more than I paid in total. Lesson learned. Only buy through Paypal if there is no alternative and avoid purchases worth more than the value you are prepared to lose.

Wrong information provided - AU won't speak to CA - Bad business ethics

Hey Paypal, really disappointed with your service. I was told by 2 different staff member transferring from a CAD to a AUD paypal account would not incur a fee, yet here i am after calling you twice and speaking to a manager left with a sorry but we can't waive this fee. TBH i spent more in phone bills calling you from AUD (why can't paypal AUD speak to paypal CAD btw?), should have known better not to trust your advice. Yes Ebay sent the money to the wrong account, should you have not given me a wrong advice in the first place i would have cancelled the transaction. That's bad business practice.

head

headsydney

Scamers

I keep getting fake invoices saying that I have just sent a payment congratulations on your purchase!
Well it's all up to me to navigate how to contact paypal and its very hard ,
But Not hard for then to take their fee within 12 hrs of a payment.
I'm closing my account soon even that seems awkward.