PayPal

PayPal

Brand Manager for PayPal? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Rates and Fees
  • Timeliness

Steve
Steve

Do not use or trust them.

Take no responsibility for taking payments from a hacked PayPal account. Advertise to tell everyone they are secure, reality, as bad as the scammers they support to get their payments.

Darren
DarrenSydney, NSW

The worst financial institution America has given us

Having the option to use PayPal is on many purchase platforms but Please use caution.Paypal was used to purchase thru the BWS app the transaction was cancelled because they couldn't deliver the money left the account instantly and then when it came time for a refund,it was processed instantly but failed to show in my account for 5 days. When contacted PayPal showed little concern,
blaming my bank, but not themselves. messaging is the only way to discuss it no phone number ,it took threats to the banking ombudsman before I received an overseas call from a phillipino expressing regret lousy service lousy product

Tiger
TigerMelbourne

Buyer protection is not true

PayPal was good year's ago but now they are completely hopeless.
I don't know why PayPal still offer buyer protection when they close a case and state that they can't help.

Find out how PayPal compares to other Money Transfer Services

Poor customer service and resolution handling

The customer service team are extremely slow to respond and are unable to help you find a resolution to my simple issues with PayPal. Really disappointed!
Closed my account as a result of this issue.

Faruqe
FaruqeSydney Surrounds, NSW

No security, no customer service. Worst experience ever

Rates and Fees

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Memfer D.
Memfer D.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

I can no longer trust Paypal.

I only made purchases on Aliexpress because they have Paypal (recently added I believe), hence, buyer protection. This is not the case, Paypal wouldn't override Aliexpress' decision on any matter that I put to them, and Aliexpress, as I have recently learned, is a total scam site. So I have lost a lot of money to deceitful sellers on Aliexpress and Paypal did not help me recoup my funds. The Paypal brand is one that I no longer trust since they allow scammers to use their platform. I would have never purchased a single thing on Aliexpress otherwise, but instead decided to spend a lot and confidently because of Paypal and ended up defrauded multiple times by sellers on Aliexpress.

Bryan Hill
Bryan HillIllawarra, NSW

Absolute zero customer service

crap crap crap!!! Need a lottery ticket to get through to them and they will resolve no issues ... took months to pay me money I was owed from ebay item I'd sold ... never use them

Yoke
YokeSydney, NSW

Locked my account with $$$ in it

They put limitations on my account so that I can’t use for 180 days. I have a balance of $32 they will keep “just in case there’s a dispute against me”:
There is no dispute pending!!! So my $32 will stay in ether as to unclock is too difficult. Frustrating. And stupid.
Now I can’t even shop with PayPal. I’m going to Apple Pay or after pay.

Deb.
Deb.Perth, WA

Paypal taking payments from account they do not have access to.

mich
michHobart, TAS

Paypal pay in 4

I wanted to purchase an item and pay with the new pay in 4 option, unfortunately my application was rejected for it so it was quite disappointing. I will reapply again later.

Reviewer.
Reviewer.

They’re changing for the worse

PayPal was amazing before all these new changes. Now they offer instant transfer transactions, and charge a fee. Fair enough, but it’s been 2 days and nothing. They’re ignoring messages too, it’s been 10 hours and no response, and I can see when agents review and start typing but go away. I used to work in call centre so I know the person doesn’t want to deal with it so leaves it for someone else. If payment does not come by tomorrow, will report to fair trading.

Timothy M.
Timothy M.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Bpay are criminals

Biggest rip off merchants ever - had money taken from my account. I have contacted them 3 times by phone - they promised they would pay back my money which was $540 and they then cancelled my resolution request. This was 3 months ago. They are criminals - do not use them

Jay P
Jay PSydney, NSW

Worse payment service

3-4 days and still haven’t received my refund. This service is unprofessional & the wait time for a refund is way too long. Cancelling my account with PayPal and will no longer use

Gusty
GustySouth East Queensland, QLD

Pay Pirate customer suport is abysmal

I buy most of my products through auctions. When I use PayPal for the fourth or fifth bid, a Paypal pop-up blocks my bid with "refer a friend "and I fail to buy. I have written to PayPal customer support many times. They tell me to delete cookies/ cache and take no responsibility for their softwares interference. No progress abysmal customer support.

Dennis G.
Dennis G.Sydney, NSW

Good for international business but high fees

Good for international business but high fees. I've used PayPal as a way to accept credit cards, paying international staff and of course paying for goods/services. Very convenient. When receiving money from overseas suppliers I have felt a bit short-changed, but for the convenience factor - I guess its worth it.

Read more reviews - page 2

Janne
Janneasked

These issues are systemic and need to be publicly aired.

Who is interested in sharing their story with third parties to incite effective action against PayPal's practices?

How many more businesses will have their income 'frozen' for months before ASIC takes action?

Artful Codger
Artful Codger

I obviously found it extremely frustrating while attempting to comply with everything pp requested but still received no satisfaction...and I've been using them for years ...loyalty means nothing...and they're happy to support scammers despite evidence provided by me.

TPT
TPT

Do you want A real answer... I and others have been at war with Ebay and Paypal for a LONG time. We made paypal get registered as a financial entity, rather than a free ranging and free loading entity with no accountability. I am the person who broke Ebays back, by providing their customer base with alternatives like Etsy etc., and Ebay lost 50% of their users almost overnight. I have no problems in dealing with Paypal. Janne, as far as your "Oh something ought to be done", people have been at WW3 with Paypal for a LONG time...

e.g.

Probably the easiest way to deal with them in Australia is via the Australian Financial Complaints Authority and add on a bill for your time.

www.afca.org.au

If they are legitmately in the wrong and have failed to respond THE FIRST TIME, it should not take a day or your time and 20 emails in a game of internet ping pong. If you contact them and give them a reasonable time to respond and they do not, or they respond with copy paste tripe that is useless or totally off topic, crunch them with a complaint, and bill Paypal for your time.

The Graphic P.
The Graphic P.asked

Same issues as everyone here. So who can we complain about their behaviour?

cockatoo
cockatoo

Suggest apra.gov.au if you're in Australia. Hopefully the regulators will do some regulating after being kicked in the a*se by the Banking Royal Commission.

Pete
Pete

You need to contact the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA) info@afca.org.au

Also copy in
AUSTRALIA SQUARE NSW 1215
Toll Free No: 1800 073 263
Business: 1800 073 263
Email: auexecutiveescalations@paypal.com

Sending a copy of your letter to your federal MP regarding Paypal can also help, as Paypal hold a banking license.

Birdman
Birdman

Thanks Pete. I hope you don't mind if I re post your info to other complainants.

jerry v.
jerry v.asked

Hello,
Could you tell me what is wrong with my Visa Card details at PayPal ?

Rareman1
Rareman1

who would know except pay pal ?Best ask them

Reviewer R.
Reviewer R.

Since they don’t monitor this site why expect consumers to know?

Other Money Transfer Services