How to compare car insurance to find the best policy for you

Read now

• Claim Resolution Time1-2 months (10), 3+ months (3), 2-4 weeks (3), 1-2 weeks (3) and <1 week (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (8) · No (10)

Great value and great products

Great premium and love being able to make my own changes on the web portal. Also, happy with the excess buster product meaning I don't pay an excess in the event of a claim.

Car ModelNissan Patrol Y62 Ti-L
PD InsurancePD Insurance

Thanks for the great review, we think our excess buster product is pretty good too, hopefully you will never need it though.

Great Experience!

The policy was good value. Cheaper than everyone else in the market for me. I also got a phone call from a lovey lady who was very informative and couldn't do enough to help me.

Car ModelHolden Colorado
PD InsurancePD Insurance

G'day Rick, thanks for the great review, we are pleased you found our product right for you and our service to have added value.
Happy Motoring!

Fiona

FionaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Disappointed

Claim DateSeptember 2020
nerri

nerriSydney, NSW

So far so good

I had to make a claim this year after getting caught in a hailstorm. I claimed online, they called me the next day, had to send through photos then organised a time to be taken in for an estimate. Their repair centre was about an Hr away from me so a little bit annoying but was all quoted in about 15 minutes. I was ably to take my car to my preferred repairer who was able to get me in straight away. Had no issues whatsoever. I’ve just purchased a brand new car and they were cheapest by miles. Received a a call from a rep and also had the windscreen/window insurance added to my policy. Hopefully I won’t have to claim in the future but for my own protection I also have a dash cam installed

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
PD InsurancePD Insurance

Thanks for the continued support, we are pleased to hear we have been of good service to you.

setenay

setenaySydney, NSW

Will not renew our policy or reccomend to anyone.

Insurance TypeThird Party Property Damage
Car ModelNissan Pulsar
Andy

AndySydney, NSW

Happy Customer and i have to write this review

PD insurance offers very competitive price vs all other insurers and by reading some comments here I decided to take a massive risk to go with them however my experience proves that here is no risk at all.
A truck hit back of my car and refused to provide his insurance details as there was no damage to the truck, i then asked PD insruance to help me and they did it with no excess from my side. All claim was done within one week and they paid cash into my account and i paid to the smash repairer by myself. Very good experience and I will keep recommending to others.

Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateSeptember 2020
PD InsurancePD Insurance

Thanks for the great review, we are pleased we could help you in your time of need.

Better off with no insurance than with PD

They will lie to you over the phone and give you misleading information. also will not place all notes in system. Don't care about you and will rip you off eye to eye. they take your money without authorisation. Instead they will increase the price thinking they are the only insurance company available. I can write more but it is time wasted already. Avoid Avoid Avoid this company should be investigated. 0% customer service 0% value 100% rip off

Insurance TypeThird Party, Fire and Theft
PD InsurancePD Insurance

Sorry to hear of your bad experience, we would love to dive a little deeper to see what went wrong. Please email customerservice@pd.com.au with the details, attention your email to "The Sales and Service Manager"

christina s.

christina s.Perth, WA

Save yourself !!!!

Car ModelFord Mustang FM Fastback GT
Claim DateJanuary 2020
MTMS

MTMSGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Horrible. Terrifying. Living nightmare.

Avoid avoid avoid!!

Avoid using this company. Yes it is cheap but the hassle you have to go through when an accident happen is not worth it. I have been with PD for the last 5 years. An accident happened few days ago and I was not at fault. Instead of helping me to contact the third party insurer to sort out repair, I was asked to do it myself which was not what I thought it would be. My understanding on the usual procedure is my insurer will assist to follow up with the third party insurer. When I asked for further clarification, the claim agent started to raise her voice and yelled at me. Customer service is non existence. I had to call the third party insurer myself to sort out the repair. Will change insurer after this experience.

Car ModelToyota Corolla

Wild_IndigoSydney Surrounds, NSW

Withdrew money from my account for a second year of policy without authorisation!

I used PD for my insurance In 2019. This year I decided to go with a different insurer who I got a better quote from. Without warning PD withdrew $714 from my account to renew my policy with them- I did NOT purchase a new policy with them nor did I authorise payment after my initial one 12 months ago!

Wild_Indigo

I have never had this happen with any other insurer, and I have multiple insurance policies.

Extremely disappointed

Extremely disappointedSouth East Queensland, QLD

Ripped off

If you insure with this company then expect to do all the running around on their behalf, providing a comprehensive incident report with photos, pay up front, provide a licence history check despite filling out and supplying the legal forms for them to obtain it themselves, and wait indefinitely to finalise claims.

Claim Resolution Time3+ months

Di GreenawaySydney Surrounds, NSW

Very unfair policy

Di Greenaway

thanks for your reply, I won't be using your company again

bretannMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

PD surely must be joking!

Not having heard of this company before their TV advert I thought I would get a Comprehensive Car Insurance quote for my BMW to compare it to the company I am with. Using the same criteria the results were truly UNBELIEVABLE.
PD quoted an eye-watering $1478.47 DEARER!!
The lesson here is to please shop around before committing

Car ModelBMW X3 G01
PD InsurancePD Insurance

Sorry to hear we were not competitive for you, insurance rates vary with every insurer based on thousands of variables which ultimately form a premium. Sounds like we just weren't meant to be.

bretann

PD were not even close, which belies your saturation advertising

Justin M

Justin MSouth East Queensland, QLD

Customer Service Needs To Up Their Game - Perhaps Some Training On How To Speak To Customers

Do not trust them

Do not trust themSouth East Queensland, QLD

Don’t ever use this insurance company

This company is not helpful at all in the event of you their client needing to make a claim. Received notification from another company of a small fender bender ( not my fault). No damage to my vehicle even but damage to theirs. Had to pay insurance excess up front obtain and provide license history and claims information up front or they won’t action anything. Still waiting on outcome but indications are won’t get my excess money back. Frustrating time consuming and treated like a criminal for stopping and rendering assistance on a not at fault bump.

Claim DateMarch 2020

Find out how PD Insurance compares to other Car Insurance

What's the point of this company?

They don't help you. It seems like they make their customers do all the work that they should be doing. Would not recommend. Definitely worth spending a dew extra dollars to get actual cover.

GayCentral, SA

Policy cancelled

Policy was cancelled after making a claim when we hit a kangaroo
At first they said ok get windscreen repaired which we did then they told us that they were not informed of a provisional licence and cancelled all policies on 4 cars we had insured with them
Had to pay for winscreen repair ourselves and didnt bother to repair other panels
They did refund the policy value which had only just been renewed
Then they totally stuffed up and reimbursed us for the previous years policy too
Ah you win some and lose some

Claim MadeYes
Car ModelHolden Rodeo RA (2003-2008)
Abbey-marie S.

Abbey-marie S.Far North Queensland, QLD

Beware of these animals

Claim DateFebruary 2020
Never again

Never againSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst organisation experience ever

Claim made against me in I am not at fault accident. Spent 5 hours so far dealing with processing and I have to pay excess up front for claim from a third party to be processed. No damage to my vehicle at all. I am supposed to be their customer/ client and they should be representing me. Probably won’t be my excess back now they have money.

Claim Resolution Time3+ months

RKB

RKBasked

PD Insurance

Does PD advise when a comprehensive motor vehicle policy is due for renewal ?

Gay

yes they send an email advising you that the renewal fee will automatically be deducted from your nominated acc/ c/card about two or three weeks beforehand and to check the details and make any changes if need be

jack W.

jack W.asked

PD Insurance

I have just paid for car insurance with your company and wanted to ask a question. I don't use twitter and I am concerned your company is a scam as I cannot speak to any one and if I ever have an insurance question how can I speak to anyone. If I don't get a reply quickly I will ring my visacard provider and cancel the transaction
Peter Hall

Jack T.
Jack T.

Hi Peter, I can vouch for the legitimacy of the company having dealt with them. I’d encourage you to call them on 1800776473 when they open on Tuesday 27th after the public holiday.

Vee

Veeasked

PD Insurance

what is my policy number, where can I find this?

Tony
Tony

If you log on to PD.com.au and select vehicle, your policy number should be next to the car description

Get an answer from our members and PD Insurance representatives

Compare all 3 PD Insurance
CategoryCar InsuranceCar InsuranceCar Insurance
Coverage TypeThird Party Property DamageComprehensiveThird Party, Fire and Theft
UnderwriterPacific International Insurance Pty LtdPacific International Insurance Pty LtdPacific International Insurance Pty Ltd
Legal Liability Cover Included up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 million
Roadside Assistance Not OfferedNot OfferedNot Offered
Reduced or Zero Excess Windscreen CoverNot OfferedReduced Excess IncludedNot Offered
Choice of RepairerNot ApplicableNot AllowedNot Allowed
After Accident Care
Hire Car after an Incident

Optional extra, benefits stop when any one of the following conditions is met:

• Your vehicle is returned to you or its owner;
  • Your vehicle has been repaired or replaced;
  • 72 hours after an offer is made to settle the loss on a vehicle that is determine to be a write-of

Optional extra, benefits stop when any one of the following conditions is met:

• Your vehicle is returned to you or its owner;
  • Your vehicle has been repaired or replaced;
Emergency Transport & AccommodationNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Towing Costs Not IncludedIncludedIncluded
Hire Car after a No Fault Accident

Essential / Emergency RepairsNot IncludedIncluded up to $500Not Included
Benefits
Pay As You Drive / Fixed Kilometre DiscountNot OfferedNot OfferedNot Offered
Hire Car after Theft

Included, benefit stop when any one of the following conditions is met:

• The hire car benefit has been provided for 14 days;
  • Your vehicle has been recovered and is returned to you or its owner undamaged;
  • Your vehicle has been repaired or replaced, if it is recovered damaged;

Trailer & Caravan CoverNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Child Safety Seats and PramsNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
New-for-old Car Replacement

Not Included

If your vehicle is deemed a Total Loss because of damage or theft within the first 12 months of its original new car registration, the replacement vehicle will be:

• of the same make, model, and series as the damaged or stolen vehicle; and
  • fitted with the same insured modifications and standard accessories.

Personal Property CoverNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Uninsured Motorist Benefit Included up to $5,000Not ApplicableIncluded, up to $5,000
Accidental Loss or Damage