See the Best Car Insurance in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Greg Perry

Greg PerrySouth East Queensland, QLD

My experience dealing with PD has been excellent.

PD's premiums have always been much lower than the competition, and I always compare at renewal time. But the real test of an insurance company is their performance when you need to make a claim. A few weeks ago I was tail-ended by an uninsured driver while waiting in traffic. The impact wrote off my car. I phoned PD from the crash scene and they organised a tow-truck immediately. My car was assessed, the claim paid out, and I was in a new car within two weeks. The consultants at PD were always polite and kept me informed at every stage. My experience with PD over the years has been excellent.

Car ModelMitsubishi ASX XB
Claimant is the policy holder Yes
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateSeptember 2019
Claim ApprovedYes

Worst insurance agent ever

Claim MadeYes
Claimant is the policy holder No
Claim DateSeptember 2019

Worst reviews ever

Man i am glad i read the reviews before trusting this mob..i think i will ensure some where else.. they sound horrible almost scam like. i guess you just gotta remember they got Progressively worse hehe,get it?

Claim MadeNo

If you like your car..... insure it with someone else!

I lodged a claim after hitting a kangaroo, after over a month waiting for PD Insurance to approve the assessment from the smash repairers, and after lots of calls following up from me, they denied the claim based on a previous claim I didn't tell them about...…. a no excess payable windscreen repair (I didn't even know this counted as a claim on my history) from my previous insurer. End of the day if you want to have your car covered go with someone else...… this looks to be over a $20 000 mistake on my behalf.

Claimant is the policy holder Yes
Claim DateMay 2019

Just hopeless!

Slow response, didn’t want to offer any help being a not at fault claim they were always passing the buck to the someone else, another department or the other insurer

Car ModelMazda 3

yas

yasGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Did not honour the quote to fix damage on my car

My car was in an accident due to no fault on my side. My car was damaged whilst being parked, Police were involved in the incident. Reported to progressive insurance, all repairs authoritied by them. I then proceed to drop my car off to repair and the panel beater informs me progressive insurance is refusing to pay for one part of damage as they felt it wasn’t part of the accident.

Progressive Insurance you had no direct conversation with me about this issue, you authorised and approved all damage to be fixed. You then dishonour and go back on your word. Totally disgusted by this insurances behaviour.

Will not be renewewing my policy with this this insurance organisation who I feel just lie and go back on their word.

Christopher

ChristopherSydney, NSW

Crappy insurance company, stay away. They are cheap for a reason.

Car ModelToyota Camry XV40
Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateDecember 2018

kevinwong82

kevinwong82Sydney, Australia

Will not provide comprehensive insurance

Spent 10min filling in their quote asking all sorts of personal details on a new car comprehensive policy, then at very end said would not provide insurance because like thousands of other Sydney people who had car damaged in hail recently. Should have stopped collecting personal details after asking about hail damage at start of questionnaire.

Jae

JaeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Biggest scammers

Insurance TypeThird Party, Fire and Theft
Plan covers drivers under 25Yes

TonyHunter Region, NSW

My faith was restored!

I previously wrote a scathing review about my experience with progressive when i had to make a claim after being run off the road by a truck. Since then i had to make another claim after my wife ran up the back of a car in school drop off. Progressive were really good, hassle free claim process, the repairer they used was fantastic, job quoted, approved and repairs done all in 3 weeks. Such a turn around from my initial experience and first claim. Will definitely stay with this insurer now.

worst insurance company

WORST INSURANCE EVER, Its affordable, i give it that. But once you have a claim, and is not your fault! This company is useless, 3 months since my accident happen. My car is still not fixed and claim still processing. Every time i call them, all they say is sorry we cant do anything about it. Sorry, theres not much we can do. WORST INSURANCE EVER, do not use this insurance company unless you 100% guarantee you not going to have an accident. Lol

Sal

SalSydney

Worse insurance company

Worse insurance company
Very dodgy , just taking your money and when it comes to claim they reject it with some nonsense excuses

Paul

PaulBendigo

Used to be good but now AVOID!!

Trying to help

Trying to helpSydney

On the fence

Roza

RozaMelbourne

Denied Claim

I logically thought that if I purchased a full comprehensive car insurance, that my vehicle would be insured should an accident happen, but not with these thieves. A not at fault accident, claim denied, because if I had [name removed] next door driving my car, had a similar accident, progressive would have apparently accepted, but because my husband was driving, claim was denied. The first claims person I spoke to, reiterated four times that excess is higher due to the fact of someone else driving , which I was ok with, but Claim denied? People please take not. DO NOT Go with progressive.

Amy

AmyMelbourne

Avoid at all costs

It’s time to renew my premium and it has gone up by a few hundreds without any claim last year. Rang them asking for a review and they said no further discount so I walked away. Two days later, one of their sale persons emailed me said they can do better and offered me a better deal so I went ahead with that. Contract signed and until they issued the PDF certificate, I’ve noticed they have reduced the Agreed Value. Contacted them again, they didn’t honour what was offered previously blaming a typo. Long story short, avoid at all costs, untrustworthy, check your certificate.

Insurance claim madeNo

It's unbelievable disgraceful insurance!!!

I have been with the company for almost two years, had 2 cars paid full insurance comprehensive and the fist time I had an accident and made a claim they made me go through every loop possible to delay my claim. The cost of the repair from their approved repairer came out to be $4000 and after a few weeks of processing by the assessor. They said that I was cover for $1400!!! I have been left out of pocket to repair my car and it has been over 8 weeks and claim has not been settled yet!!

Terrible customer service

Tried to lodge a claim over the phone. Operator sounded cold and careless. 30 mins on the phone and still couldn't even locate the place of incident.

Criminals - Avoid at all costs

Progressive direct are greedy and manipulative. Their constant delays (9 weeks) in processing claims are designed to fatigue consumers who will eventually accept insurance claims that are unfair. My car was "hit and run" by a third party. They wrote the car off due to an estimate (not even a FINAL quote) $100 over the insured value (economical write-off), would not allow a second quote, attempted to tow to manheim prior to even informing us, the insured, of the outcome. Their legal team is overbearing, harassing and even threatening. There is no transparency in the claims process. AVOID progressive direct at all costs.

Anton

AntonMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Updated review...

Had a bad experience with a not at fault incident but it was rectified in the end... appreciate the assistance of Edward Hock in resolving the issue...changed review from 1 star to 4 stars... thanks for listening Progressive!

Vee

Veeasked

what is my policy number, where can I find this?

Tony

If you log on to PD.com.au and select vehicle, your policy number should be next to the car description

Slick

Slickasked

Is there a provision on the policy to put in insurance for windscreen?

toto
toto

I believe so but it cost extra.

Robo
Robo

Everything costs extra with Progressive as its a tick and charge system of insurance.
I'm cancelling our policy at the end of this month as the renewal has increased 40% and the car is not worth the premium (Holden Captiva).

Kamal Khalil

Kamal Khalilasked

where can I find my policy number?

mariem54
mariem54

It should be on your policy documents that they should have sent you.

galaxy
galaxy

Actually, Progressive is a 100% digital company so they are not "sending" anything except e-mails. The policy number can be found in the top right corner of your online account when you log into their website, or you can download the Certificate of Insurance from My Documents there and it will state your policy number as well. Finally, when you apply for the insurance they send an e-mail and the policy number is mentioned in the Subject of that e-mail.

Get an answer from our members and PD Insurance representatives

PD Insurance Third Party, Fire and Theft

PD Insurance Third Party, Fire and Theft

CategoryCar InsuranceCar InsuranceCar Insurance
Contact Number 1800 776 4731800 776 4731800 776 473
Coverage TypeThird Party Property DamageComprehensiveThird Party, Fire and Theft
UnderwriterPacific International Insurance Pty LtdPacific International Insurance Pty LtdPacific International Insurance Pty Ltd
Legal Liability Cover Included up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 million
Roadside AssistanceNot OfferedNot OfferedNot Offered
Reduced or Zero Excess Windscreen CoverNot OfferedReduced Excess IncludedNot Offered
Choice of RepairerNot ApplicableNot AllowedNot Allowed
After Accident Care
Towing Costs Not IncludedIncludedIncluded
Hire Car after a No Fault Accident

Hire Car after an Incident

Optional extra, benefits stop when any one of the following conditions is met:

• Your vehicle is returned to you or its owner;
  • Your vehicle has been repaired or replaced;
  • 72 hours after we make an offer to settle the loss on a vehicle that we determine to be a write-of

Optional extra, benefits stop when any one of the following conditions is met:

• Your vehicle is returned to you or its owner;
  • Your vehicle has been repaired or replaced;
Essential / Emergency RepairsNot IncludedIncluded up to $500Not Included
Emergency Transport & AccommodationNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Benefits
Hire Car after Theft

Included, benefit stop when any one of the following conditions is met:

• The hire car benefit has been provided for 14 days;
  • Your vehicle has been recovered and is returned to you or its owner undamaged;
  • Your vehicle has been repaired or replaced, if it is recovered damaged;

Included, benefit stop when any one of the following conditions is met:

• Your vehicle has been repaired or replaced, if it is recovered damaged;
Child Safety Seats and PramsNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Lock and Key ReplacementNot IncludedIncluded up to $1,000Not Included
New-for-old Car Replacement

Not Included

If your vehicle is deemed a Total Loss because of damage or theft within the first 12 months of its original new car registration , we will consult with you about whether you wish to replace the vehicle with a new vehicle or would like us to pay the agreed value.

If we replace the motor vehicle, the replacement vehicle will be:

• of the same make, model, and series as the damaged or stolen vehicle; and
  • fitted with the same insured modifications and standard accessories.

Pay As You Drive / Fixed Kilometre DiscountNot OfferedNot OfferedNot Offered