Car Insurance Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of car insurance would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

1.8

MTMS

MTMSGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Horrible. Terrifying. Living nightmare.

Avoid avoid avoid!!

Avoid using this company. Yes it is cheap but the hassle you have to go through when an accident happen is not worth it. I have been with PD for the last 5 years. An accident happened few days ago and I was not at fault. Instead of helping me to contact the third party insurer to sort out repair, I was asked to do it myself which was not what I thought it would be. My understanding on the usual procedure is my insurer will assist to follow up with the third party insurer. When I asked for further clarification, the claim agent started to raise her voice and yelled at me. Customer service is non existence. I had to call the third party insurer myself to sort out the repair. Will change insurer after this experience.

Car ModelToyota Corolla
Wild_Indigo

Wild_IndigoSydney Surrounds, NSW

Withdrew money from my account for a second year of policy without authorisation!

I used PD for my insurance In 2019. This year I decided to go with a different insurer who I got a better quote from. Without warning PD withdrew $714 from my account to renew my policy with them- I did NOT purchase a new policy with them nor did I authorise payment after my initial one 12 months ago!

Extremely disappointed

Extremely disappointedSouth East Queensland, QLD

Ripped off

If you insure with this company then expect to do all the running around on their behalf, providing a comprehensive incident report with photos, pay up front, provide a licence history check despite filling out and supplying the legal forms for them to obtain it themselves, and wait indefinitely to finalise claims.

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Di Greenaway

Di GreenawaySydney Surrounds, NSW

Very unfair policy

bretann

bretannMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

PD surely must be joking!

Not having heard of this company before their TV advert I thought I would get a Comprehensive Car Insurance quote for my BMW to compare it to the company I am with. Using the same criteria the results were truly UNBELIEVABLE.
PD quoted an eye-watering $1478.47 DEARER!!
The lesson here is to please shop around before committing

Car ModelBMW X3 G01
Justin M

Justin MSouth East Queensland, QLD

Customer Service Needs To Up Their Game - Perhaps Some Training On How To Speak To Customers

Do not trust them

Do not trust themSouth East Queensland, QLD

Don’t ever use this insurance company

This company is not helpful at all in the event of you their client needing to make a claim. Received notification from another company of a small fender bender ( not my fault). No damage to my vehicle even but damage to theirs. Had to pay insurance excess up front obtain and provide license history and claims information up front or they won’t action anything. Still waiting on outcome but indications are won’t get my excess money back. Frustrating time consuming and treated like a criminal for stopping and rendering assistance on a not at fault bump.

Claim DateMarch 2020
Claim ApprovedNo

What's the point of this company?

They don't help you. It seems like they make their customers do all the work that they should be doing. Would not recommend. Definitely worth spending a dew extra dollars to get actual cover.

GayCentral, SA

Policy cancelled

Policy was cancelled after making a claim when we hit a kangaroo
At first they said ok get windscreen repaired which we did then they told us that they were not informed of a provisional licence and cancelled all policies on 4 cars we had insured with them
Had to pay for winscreen repair ourselves and didnt bother to repair other panels
They did refund the policy value which had only just been renewed
Then they totally stuffed up and reimbursed us for the previous years policy too
Ah you win some and lose some

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim ApprovedNo
Car ModelHolden Rodeo RA (2003-2008)
Abbey-marie S.

Abbey-marie S.Far North Queensland, QLD

Beware of these animals

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateFebruary 2020
Never again

Never againSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst organisation experience ever

Claim made against me in I am not at fault accident. Spent 5 hours so far dealing with processing and I have to pay excess up front for claim from a third party to be processed. No damage to my vehicle at all. I am supposed to be their customer/ client and they should be representing me. Probably won’t be my excess back now they have money.

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Adam S.

Adam S.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Used to be with them, thought I’d perhaps give them another go

Car ModelMazda 6
Bloh

Bloh

Lacks customer service and support

Was sideswiped by a truck and so the accident wasn't my fault. Called PD to help push the process along with the third party insurer (other person had put forward a claim) and to be honest - the woman who answered couldn't have been less interested or nonchalent in the situation. Responded later than the stated 48hrs return time and just overall unhelpful. I've ended up just directly dealing with the 3rd party because PD just don't seem to think it's worth their time.

Anyway, I switched to PD on price so the faults really on me. If you're looking for customer support or help, this is not the insurance company for you.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateDecember 2019
Mark S

Mark SSouth East Queensland, QLD

not happy JAN

Claim DateNovember 2019

Find out how PD Insurance compares to other Car Insurance

Terrible! They will charge you more if you rent your home

Was quoted $928 for comprehensive annually, I compared on iSelect came back with $716, when asked why the discrepancy, I was told it's because you are renting! If you are renting do not use this company, this is highly discriminatory for no reason. There is no additional risk to them if the car owner is renting or a home owner. Disgusting reprehensible behaviour!

Claim MadeNo

The worst insurance company.

Took 2 months to completely settle a claim that I wasn't at fault for. Had to follow up multiple timed and got lied to everytime. Rubbish customer service were rude, and had no transparency in their process. They deleted all my honest reviews and comments on Facebook and ended up disabling reviews because of all the negative reviews.
Honestly would give them a minus star review if I could.

Claim DateJuly 2019
Claim ApprovedYes

Let me keep it simple, do not deal with this insurance company. They will make you pay when it comes to making a claim.

I have been with PD for several years. When it came to making a claim, they tried every excuse under the sun of why they can't fix all that was damaged in an accident.

Steve

SteveCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Dodgy pricing

Checked insurance quotes on behalf of my wife on Compare the market for Volkswagon Golf we are about to purchase, PD Insurance quote came up for $462.07 but when it directed me to their site I filled in the details & the quote came to $898.46.
We are rating 1 drivers with no claims, no lost points on our licences, no age constraints & current comprehensive insurance.
I can only suspect that this is a scam or a lure to get you on their site & possibly buy a policy, but why would you as it turned out they had the most expensive policy.

Marina 42

Marina 42Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Couldn't even get a quote

I tried to obtain an online quote. New X5 BMW and their system would not let me put in a value within their suggested range. I gave up. Hopeless system which says a lot for the Company