Listing monitored by People Energy

1.2
  • Rates and Fees
Jane W
Jane W

Star rating should include a minus option. Scammers!

I had never heard of them until they took money from my bank account. Luckily my bank saw it as a suspicious transaction and contacted me. Card is now canceled. So grateful our banks have the technology to pick up on this. So angry that there are disgusting people who try to take what is not theirs!!!

ServicesElectricity

One very happy customer!

I love people energy- from the great pay on time discount to the terrific customer service- its great. I expect good but they are better than that. Thanks to all who make it work so well.

They are a scam and I am trying to sue them.

John
JohnSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Disgusted

This company is disgusting, I gave them 1 star because there is no zero or minus. They lie & cheat their way through their offers, the staff is rude & extremely difficult to understand their accent. Their call centre is obviously off-shore as they never answer the phone & only call back 1-3 days later way outside normal business hours.
Be warned this company is the worst & a rip off.

Simon
SimonGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Scammers

They tell you about discount but there rate is much higher. I hade major issues with my bill and three months later after I switched they are still sending me bills . Save yourself the headaches and not sign in with this people.

Lil
LilGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Finalising a Deceased Estate

Would be zero stars if possible. My late FIL was with these clowns. Called minimum 4 times to change bill to Executor name but all they have done is change the postal address. They sent a referral to Collections Agency letter and not sent a final bill. Also advised finalisation date to cut power off (with at least 3 days notice) but because their system was down for 2 days they could not action request so i had to wait from the Friday to the Monday to have it turned off and then they are probably charging me for the new people using it all Friday , Saturday and Sunday. Tried to call them again but they won't change the bill name so looks like they'll be chasing a dead person for the amount due

jenni.rathjen
jenni.rathjenGoulburn Valley, VIC

account issues

Have had major issues with our account since August 2019 and they have the cheek to send overdue notice like it's our fault! We are still having problems and are tired of the nonsense so will be changing suppliers.

Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
Amanda W.
Amanda W.South East Queensland, QLD

Stay away

I have no words of what this company has cost our family. Roughly $1100 $1400 per month with solar panels!!!!!! I wish I had the energy to fight them but I have troubled teens that have my priority. Please please please stay away from this commercial scum!

ServicesElectricity and Solar Buy-Back
Charlene
CharleneGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Scammers!! DO NOT give them your details!!

Called up to offer discounts on our electricity bills starting from next month. They also stated that there's a cap on electricity rate in Victoria and no body should be paying above that rate.
I told him that I don't handle the bills, my husband does. I even offered him to go talk my husband but he sneakily refused to. I then hung up on him.
He asked for my driver's licence and Medicare number which I gave him none. Absolutely dodgy! Do Not fall for them!!

ServicesElectricity

Julz
Julz

Scammers

Dogs!!

Rainy
RainyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Beware!!!!! Scammers!!! Rude!!!Thieves!!!

People Energy keeps calling you and try to get your personal details. And then use your info to sign their contacts without permission. After that they’ll send the huge bills to your place. Don’t give them your details. I gave them coz I thought it’s from Government. So rude!Thieves! Go Report ScamWatch to shut down this sneaky company. Also I’ve no idea how they get my number. Don’t pay their bills. Sneaky cheated company ever!!!!! Seriously, I don’t even want to give them one star. I’d rather give them minus millions star.

Find out how People Energy compares to other Energy Providers

Scammers, rude, liars pretending to be from the govervnment

They are very pushy, didnt reveal they are an energy company until last minute of the phone call. Time waster dont ever give your details if they keep pressuring you just hang up!

Barbara
BarbaraGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Theft from my Bank Account. No permission to withdraw several amounts. Refused to repay.

Absolute scumbags, pretending they were from Vic Government ! Need to be investigated!

People Energy rang me saying they where from the government and talking about the default price. The had my name address and mobile number. Then I was passed over to a Senior advisor "Anna" who asked me for either my Medicare card or my licence number who tried to sign me up and then stated a disclousre that they were a stand alone company. refused to give them and said that would not be giving these details ever.
tried to sign me up as part of Vic scheme, and then had to pass over, very dodgy company!