People Energy

People Energy

See the Best Energy Providers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Barbara

BarbaraGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Theft from my Bank Account. No permission to withdraw several amounts. Refused to repay.

ServicesElectricity

Absolute scumbags, pretending they were from Vic Government ! Need to be investigated!

People Energy rang me saying they where from the government and talking about the default price. The had my name address and mobile number. Then I was passed over to a Senior advisor "Anna" who asked me for either my Medicare card or my licence number who tried to sign me up and then stated a disclousre that they were a stand alone company. refused to give them and said that would not be giving these details ever.
tried to sign me up as part of Vic scheme, and then had to pass over, very dodgy company!

Electricity scam

People Energy rang me saying they where from the government and talking about the default price. The had my name address and mobile number. Then I was passed over to a Senior advisor "Anna" who asked me for either my Medicare card or my licence number. I refused to give them and said that would not be giving these details ever. She was very pushy but went quiet when I said I worked for govt dept. I told her there was no point in continuing the conversation because I would never give these details. End of call.

Scammer

As others have stated, asked me all the business regarding my energy accounts, had most of the details on file anyways, refused to give them licence/medicare etc because I'm no fool. However... I did ask them to give me the details of the TPL numbers to run their $1000 voucher promotion, which was followed by a decisive click.

Linda

LindaSouth East Queensland, QLD

People Energy scam

People Energy is a scam. They ask for personal details and are very pushy.
Beware of this company and don't give details over the phone.
I asked them to send me a letter instead so I have a paper trail which I can use
to expose them as scammers.

Beware!!! Scam!!!

Don't give your details they pretend to be government initiative the number they called me from is 0388401736. disconnect the call, cheating, I will be lodging a complaint in ACCC as I don't want anyone to be coned in.

Son

SonVictoria

I feel cheated

I feel cheated and coerced by people energy. The customer care agents are so pushy and influenced me to change to peoples energy saying that I will get 40 something discount if I pay on time. So thinking to save some I switched to peoples energy. My bad! They bill for one month with my previous provider was 66 $ and the bill from the peoples energy if I pay on time for 15 days was 66$.. I feel totally feel cheated and they shouldn’t be allowed to ring someone up again.

Rudest c*nts from India!

Called to lure you into a huge discount. Didn't even know how they got our contact details. My is a little gullible and they where able to transfer the electricity account. We called them to cancel, rude people from India. Stay away from this company! would have chosen a negative 5 star if possible.

Syed

SyedGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Cheaters!

Pretended as someone calling from government agency and offered 46% discount on our existing utility bills. They told me that we would remain with our existing provider but we will get 46% discount as we pay our bills on time. They already had all of our details. These cheaters / scammers should be banned!

Connie

Connie

Is this scumbags still around !!!!!

they probably are offshoot of other big companies ....!!!!
They send us the collectors and they got our money with not much fight but I got news for them it won’t be next time .....!!!!

Don’t stop calling

I received a call from a persuasive telemarketer, 45% discount, then passed me into her supervisor, which I was asked for a licence or Medicare card number. I didn’t pass details, they did have personal details already. Beware! I will contact my Energy provider first thing tomorrow morning.

Marc

MarcMelbourne

Misleading! Dishonest! Scam!!! Beware

Elaine

ElaineMontmorency

Worried after their call

It was a cold call. Usually my mobile detects suspected spam but in this case it didn't show up and i took the call.
This I regretted. The supervisor was pushy and demanded. I hung up after saying multiple times that I am not ok and don't understand what they're offering. He followed up with more calls and texts so I reported the number as spam.

Dodgy but also probably illegal practice

They keep calling. And when you ask to unsubscribe, they put the phone down. And ring again later as thought it is their right to call you. This has been going on for at least 12 months. Always the same 45% or so discount.

LOOL

LOOLGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Stay away from this mob!!!

Did not disclose that they were a different energy provider but made out they were my current provider by saying their company name - and were offering me an extra discount. Eg we are ringing you because you are with Origin Energy .... Harrass you with constant phone calls.

Terrible! Be aware!!

Also get ridiculous cold calls

Another call from another energy company. Such a waste of time!!
Tried so many time to get off their lists, but still they call.
Would not touch this company, and all others like them.

Mona

MonaGeelong

Must be a scam

Called many times and I thought I'd answer in case it was something important. Claimed that I am getting a discount for always paying my bills on time. They are not even my current energy provider. Then they proceed to ask for my address and even asked for me to confirm that I am an Australian resident and provide my Medicare number. That's when I got really suspicious and told him that I would speak to my energy provider and sort this out later. He yelled at me and then said that he can call me back when I am free. I told him either he gives me the discount or not, I don't care but he is not getting any details from me. He then hung up.

Erica

Erica

Harrassing me every 3rd day

I keep getting phone calls from this company; I now answer the call and pretend to be interested to waste their time. (Sorry call center staff)
I’ve asked to be removed from the calling list around a dozen times but they still call. (I live in Tasmania so they cant even service me).
They still havent removed me.

RUDE, SCAM, MISLEADING.!!!

Had a call from people energy,
1)have to ask multiple time about what company is it before they tell me,
2)they say they have 40% off, but from what price? they didn't mention.
3) Told them my mom is available at 5:30 pm, they call it at 6:30 pm, while I explain to them that she is not available at 6:30 pm, they assume we are not interested, and say "you will not have the 40% off, bye".

If the product is true we would have checked the website.
I would say, RUDE, SCAM, MISLEADING.