1.1

• Rates and Fees
Simon

SimonGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Scammers

They tell you about discount but there rate is much higher. I hade major issues with my bill and three months later after I switched they are still sending me bills . Save yourself the headaches and not sign in with this people.

Lil

LilGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Finalising a Deceased Estate

Would be zero stars if possible. My late FIL was with these clowns. Called minimum 4 times to change bill to Executor name but all they have done is change the postal address. They sent a referral to Collections Agency letter and not sent a final bill. Also advised finalisation date to cut power off (with at least 3 days notice) but because their system was down for 2 days they could not action request so i had to wait from the Friday to the Monday to have it turned off and then they are probably charging me for the new people using it all Friday , Saturday and Sunday. Tried to call them again but they won't change the bill name so looks like they'll be chasing a dead person for the amount due

jenni.rathjen

jenni.rathjenGoulburn Valley, VIC

account issues

Have had major issues with our account since August 2019 and they have the cheek to send overdue notice like it's our fault! We are still having problems and are tired of the nonsense so will be changing suppliers.

Amanda W.

Amanda W.South East Queensland, QLD

Stay away

I have no words of what this company has cost our family. Roughly $1100 $1400 per month with solar panels!!!!!! I wish I had the energy to fight them but I have troubled teens that have my priority. Please please please stay away from this commercial scum!

ServicesElectricity and Solar Buy-Back
Charlene

CharleneGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Scammers!! DO NOT give them your details!!

Called up to offer discounts on our electricity bills starting from next month. They also stated that there's a cap on electricity rate in Victoria and no body should be paying above that rate.
I told him that I don't handle the bills, my husband does. I even offered him to go talk my husband but he sneakily refused to. I then hung up on him.
He asked for my driver's licence and Medicare number which I gave him none. Absolutely dodgy! Do Not fall for them!!

Julz

Julz

Scammers

Dogs!!

Rainy

RainyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Beware!!!!! Scammers!!! Rude!!!Thieves!!!

People Energy keeps calling you and try to get your personal details. And then use your info to sign their contacts without permission. After that they’ll send the huge bills to your place. Don’t give them your details. I gave them coz I thought it’s from Government. So rude!Thieves! Go Report ScamWatch to shut down this sneaky company. Also I’ve no idea how they get my number. Don’t pay their bills. Sneaky cheated company ever!!!!! Seriously, I don’t even want to give them one star. I’d rather give them minus millions star.

ServicesElectricity

Scammers, rude, liars pretending to be from the govervnment

They are very pushy, didnt reveal they are an energy company until last minute of the phone call. Time waster dont ever give your details if they keep pressuring you just hang up!

Barbara

BarbaraGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Theft from my Bank Account. No permission to withdraw several amounts. Refused to repay.

ServicesElectricity

Absolute scumbags, pretending they were from Vic Government ! Need to be investigated!

People Energy rang me saying they where from the government and talking about the default price. The had my name address and mobile number. Then I was passed over to a Senior advisor "Anna" who asked me for either my Medicare card or my licence number who tried to sign me up and then stated a disclousre that they were a stand alone company. refused to give them and said that would not be giving these details ever.
tried to sign me up as part of Vic scheme, and then had to pass over, very dodgy company!

Electricity scam

People Energy rang me saying they where from the government and talking about the default price. The had my name address and mobile number. Then I was passed over to a Senior advisor "Anna" who asked me for either my Medicare card or my licence number. I refused to give them and said that would not be giving these details ever. She was very pushy but went quiet when I said I worked for govt dept. I told her there was no point in continuing the conversation because I would never give these details. End of call.

Scott

Scott

Scammer

As others have stated, asked me all the business regarding my energy accounts, had most of the details on file anyways, refused to give them licence/medicare etc because I'm no fool. However... I did ask them to give me the details of the TPL numbers to run their $1000 voucher promotion, which was followed by a decisive click.

Linda

LindaSouth East Queensland, QLD

People Energy scam

People Energy is a scam. They ask for personal details and are very pushy.
Beware of this company and don't give details over the phone.
I asked them to send me a letter instead so I have a paper trail which I can use
to expose them as scammers.

Beware!!! Scam!!!

Don't give your details they pretend to be government initiative the number they called me from is 0388401736. disconnect the call, cheating, I will be lodging a complaint in ACCC as I don't want anyone to be coned in.

Son

SonVictoria

I feel cheated

I feel cheated and coerced by people energy. The customer care agents are so pushy and influenced me to change to peoples energy saying that I will get 40 something discount if I pay on time. So thinking to save some I switched to peoples energy. My bad! They bill for one month with my previous provider was 66 $ and the bill from the peoples energy if I pay on time for 15 days was 66$.. I feel totally feel cheated and they shouldn’t be allowed to ring someone up again.

Rudest c*nts from India!

Called to lure you into a huge discount. Didn't even know how they got our contact details. My is a little gullible and they where able to transfer the electricity account. We called them to cancel, rude people from India. Stay away from this company! would have chosen a negative 5 star if possible.

Syed

SyedGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Cheaters!

Pretended as someone calling from government agency and offered 46% discount on our existing utility bills. They told me that we would remain with our existing provider but we will get 46% discount as we pay our bills on time. They already had all of our details. These cheaters / scammers should be banned!

Connie

Connie

Is this scumbags still around !!!!!

they probably are offshoot of other big companies ....!!!!
They send us the collectors and they got our money with not much fight but I got news for them it won’t be next time .....!!!!

Don’t stop calling

I received a call from a persuasive telemarketer, 45% discount, then passed me into her supervisor, which I was asked for a licence or Medicare card number. I didn’t pass details, they did have personal details already. Beware! I will contact my Energy provider first thing tomorrow morning.