Online, Branches
See the Best Banks in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by People's Choice Credit Union

Andrew N.
Andrew N.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

I mean honestly...

Terrible service - I was initially told that I wasn't suitable for a loan, then phoned back and told yes, only to be phoned back the followind day and told no again. Appalling service - error upon erros.

Go to Police Credit Union.

Meg
MegAdelaide

No customer Service and Rude

ron
ronMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Froze my accounts for no reason

I was transferring funds to another account asked for the limit to be raised
They didn’t like it so they froze all my accounts
No satisfactory answer to explain their actions

Les from Fitzroy
Les from FitzroyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Couldn't even sign up to them

On 22/3/2021 I filled out a membership application online and received a confirmation email. After 3 weeks I called them 3 times, waited in the queue for about 20 minutes each time and the first 2 calls were disconnected while speaking to them. Third call confirmed that my application had not even been started, so I asked them to cancel it. Said I would receive a confirmation email which hasn't arrived yet. Absolute waste of time and effort.

Kenise
KeniseAdelaide

Be cautious about this Credit Union - the Banks give a more accountable service.

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending

Poor customer service

Bad online service if you are looking for small business loan. They don't care and never return your calls or messages. Looks like they do not want to have any more customers. So please help them achieve their goal by steering clear of them.

wendy
wendyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Non Service

Members since it was called CPS many years ago. We have always had good service at Blackwood but have recently moved near to Marion branch. It appears to be understaffed with at least 6 offices and only 2 staff attending. Most of your customers are elderly and all complained about the long wait to be attended to. If this is to be the norm maybe you could at least set up a free coffee bay and add a 2 couple of newspapers as they do at Blackwood where they get a lot less customers then Marion.

TopicGeneral Transactions
Jane M
Jane MCanberra Central 2601, ACT

Absolutely terrible

Long time members; Consolidated debt with them and have had a car loan with them, paid off perfectly on time each month, recently went with them for a home loan and the service was just atrocious. We ended up stopping the process when it got to week 7.

Now they have shut down all branches in the ACT without notifying members so Canberra has no in-person service available.

AWFUL AWFUL - changing banks. You won't be missed Peoples Choice.

TopicBusiness Banking, General Transactions and Loan Application

Islam H.
Islam H.Darwin, NT

Recently I've experienced very terrible customer service

TopicBusiness Banking

Annie B.
Annie B.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Is it 2021 or 1991

I haven't had access to my internet banking, balances, transfers etc for 6 days.
Tried calling their number and got disconnected several times.
In this say and age it's incredibly inconvenient not to have access to my own money.
If it was 20 years ago, when People Choice actually had branches and had them open normal hours and internet banking wasn't a thing then it'd be fine... but it's 2021 and this is beyond a joke.

Clementine
Clementine Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Mobile Banking App down for days

People's Choice has for the most part been pretty reliable over the years we've been with them, but it's getting pretty ridiculous that mobile banking on the app or computer have been down for days on end. We can't access our transfer money with our accounts, pay our bills. Thank goodness we have a back up credit card with another bank or we'd be in a world of pain, more so than we already are. These things happen but really disappointed it's taking so long, poor form, this has a big impact for a lot of people I'm sure.

TopicGeneral Transactions
Brendon P.
Brendon P.

Absolute garbage.

Multiple day long internet banking outages and when it does work its slow. Ive been been banking with them for 21 years, every car I've bought I've gone to them first and they've never been able to offer me any loans. Current car is a brand new hilux through toyota finance. Think its time to close my accounts these service interruptions were just the motivation i needed to find a new bank.

Jasmine
JasmineSouth East Queensland, QLD

The best bank I’ve had to deal with

I have a discounted car loan with PCCU, the lowest rate that I could find. While most other banks would have turned me away due to my poor savings history and previous circumstances, they provided me the opportunity to prove that I can afford the loan in my current situation.

Everyone that I spoke to was wonderful and so helpful! They provided me with the same employee for the duration of my loan application and I didn’t have to repeat myself multiple times to different people.

They fast tracked my application for me in order to have the funds to the car dealership in time, and the assessor for my application called me multiple times with updates.

I’m now looking at using PCCU for all of my banking.

Bad service

I have been with people's choice for ever, the last 2 days has been a nightmare, cant access funds, can't transfer, mortgage due and ambulance cover, both cant be paid and will affect credit rating for mortgage and won't be covered if needing an ambulance. Cant put petrol in the car, since Covid we have been programmed to use our cards as preferred way of payment instead of cash. Cant access on desk top computer, phone, you ring to speak to someone and you're on hold for ever because they're busy. When you work full time can't just drop by a branch. Not good enough

Rick
RickMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

What a nightmare

I've been with peoples choice for years, the consistent outages with their online banking is out of control. I have no faith ill have access to my cash when I need it. When there are outages I am unable to transfer money between my accounts. I am in the process if changing banks.

Read more reviews - page 2