Online, Branches

Poor customer service

Bad online service if you are looking for small business loan. They don't care and never return your calls or messages. Looks like they do not want to have any more customers. So please help them achieve their goal by steering clear of them.

wendy

wendyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Non Service

Members since it was called CPS many years ago. We have always had good service at Blackwood but have recently moved near to Marion branch. It appears to be understaffed with at least 6 offices and only 2 staff attending. Most of your customers are elderly and all complained about the long wait to be attended to. If this is to be the norm maybe you could at least set up a free coffee bay and add a 2 couple of newspapers as they do at Blackwood where they get a lot less customers then Marion.

Jane M

Jane MCanberra Central 2601, ACT

Absolutely terrible

Long time members; Consolidated debt with them and have had a car loan with them, paid off perfectly on time each month, recently went with them for a home loan and the service was just atrocious. We ended up stopping the process when it got to week 7.

Now they have shut down all branches in the ACT without notifying members so Canberra has no in-person service available.

AWFUL AWFUL - changing banks. You won't be missed Peoples Choice.

TopicBusiness Banking, General Transactions and Loan Application

Islam H.

Islam H.Darwin, NT

Recently I've experienced very terrible customer service

TopicBusiness Banking
Annie B.

Annie B.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Is it 2021 or 1991

I haven't had access to my internet banking, balances, transfers etc for 6 days.
Tried calling their number and got disconnected several times.
In this say and age it's incredibly inconvenient not to have access to my own money.
If it was 20 years ago, when People Choice actually had branches and had them open normal hours and internet banking wasn't a thing then it'd be fine... but it's 2021 and this is beyond a joke.

Clementine

Clementine Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Mobile Banking App down for days

People's Choice has for the most part been pretty reliable over the years we've been with them, but it's getting pretty ridiculous that mobile banking on the app or computer have been down for days on end. We can't access our transfer money with our accounts, pay our bills. Thank goodness we have a back up credit card with another bank or we'd be in a world of pain, more so than we already are. These things happen but really disappointed it's taking so long, poor form, this has a big impact for a lot of people I'm sure.

Brendon P.

Brendon P.

Absolute garbage.

Multiple day long internet banking outages and when it does work its slow. Ive been been banking with them for 21 years, every car I've bought I've gone to them first and they've never been able to offer me any loans. Current car is a brand new hilux through toyota finance. Think its time to close my accounts these service interruptions were just the motivation i needed to find a new bank.

TopicATM Experience, Business Banking, Credit Card Application, General Transactions and Loan Application
Jasmine

JasmineSouth East Queensland, QLD

The best bank I’ve had to deal with

I have a discounted car loan with PCCU, the lowest rate that I could find. While most other banks would have turned me away due to my poor savings history and previous circumstances, they provided me the opportunity to prove that I can afford the loan in my current situation.

Everyone that I spoke to was wonderful and so helpful! They provided me with the same employee for the duration of my loan application and I didn’t have to repeat myself multiple times to different people.

They fast tracked my application for me in order to have the funds to the car dealership in time, and the assessor for my application called me multiple times with updates.

I’m now looking at using PCCU for all of my banking.

TopicLoan Application and New Account

Bad service

I have been with people's choice for ever, the last 2 days has been a nightmare, cant access funds, can't transfer, mortgage due and ambulance cover, both cant be paid and will affect credit rating for mortgage and won't be covered if needing an ambulance. Cant put petrol in the car, since Covid we have been programmed to use our cards as preferred way of payment instead of cash. Cant access on desk top computer, phone, you ring to speak to someone and you're on hold for ever because they're busy. When you work full time can't just drop by a branch. Not good enough

Rick

RickMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

What a nightmare

I've been with peoples choice for years, the consistent outages with their online banking is out of control. I have no faith ill have access to my cash when I need it. When there are outages I am unable to transfer money between my accounts. I am in the process if changing banks.

Jesspl123

Jesspl123Melbourne

Great experience overall

TopicLoan Application

Extremely poor service at a sad time

I’m the executor of my MIL’s will and the Adelaide branch is refusing to follow the instructions I have given even though they have a certified copy of the Will and my instructions follow it to the letter. Issue seems to be some internal regulations they should have sorted when they set up my MIL’s account - they have had weeks to sort out but their ‘legal department’ is so slow - simply no updates at all. Lift your game People’s Choice and look after your customers wishes regarding funds that DO NOT belong to YOU!

Jan
Jan

OMG! I have just read the other reviews on this site and I am appalled and now more than a little nervous my issue with People’s Choice won’t be resolved in a timely manner without having to resort to the banking ombudsman

Dude

DudeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Loan application

Long time member joined because run by members for members its now run by the man for the man. Declined minor loan after years off extra home loan repayments never a late payment, stable long term employment. Going back to one off the big 4 at least they will look at case by case.

Courtney P.

Courtney P.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Fantastic Service

I have been with People's Choice for 5 years, from dealing with my local branch in Ballarat to their online services I honestly can't fault them.
Staff members are always friendly and helpful.
I would highly recommend People's Choice Credit Union over a bank.

TopicBusiness Banking, General Transactions and Loan Application
Andy

AndySydney Surrounds, NSW

Very ordinary experience with loan application

Golfer

GolferMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Pleasant staff and good rates let down by quirky, non-intuitive online design.

My designer friend was unable to work out how to search monthly transactions without my guidance.
ATMs do not display my different accounts by names I recognise (Eg my "Savings" or "Visa" correctly referred to in paper statements does not appear as such on an ATM screen. Instead, "First Savings" Second savings" etc requires the customer to guess which is which. Three bad guesses requires a new card to be issued and paid for.
The App is buggy. Even what at home, a user cannot see what they've just typed into their phone's tiny screen - there's no little "eye" symbol to allow the customer to check what they've just typed. Get it wrong and, Bingo! locked out of your account.

Katie

KatieSouth Australia

Worst Lender Ever

Would never recommend Peoples Choice CU to anyone. 2 really bad experiences where we were declined for loans which were affordable, credit checks were good and had long term employment. Told us if we reapplied in 3 weeks we would get approved. We applied with a different credit union and was approved straight away.
After over 10 years of being a customer they have lost us and we wouldn't recommend them to ANYONE!

Rohit

RohitSouth East Queensland, QLD

Small Bank but better service than bigger banks

I have used the liverpool branch for my home loan. Found these guys online because of their best home loan offer. Jessica was great and the best loan facilitator i have ever seen. She left the company however the manager matthew and patty took over my file and haven't been any less than excellent.
These guys take your business very seriously and give their 100% to make sure everything goes smooth. I have not seen a loan getting approved so quickly. and the best thing is the interest rate and benefits. I have banked with 2 of the big banks for decades and they did not care to offer me anything good so here we go people's choice moving my business to you.

TopicLoan Application and New Account
Aidan

AidanSydney, NSW

Excellent customer service and overall experience

Went through People's Choice for a home loan, they couldn't have made it easier for myself and my partner. Very responsive to answering our emails and phone calls. Dealt with a couple of other banks at the start while we had our feelers out and People's Choice far surpassed everyone else with regards to service and professionalism. Shout out to Kylie Gardiner, our mobile home loan adviser during the whole process, 11/10 if we had the option.

NeilW

NeilWSouthern and Hills, SA

Branch and Phone Support Excellent - Business Accounts Excellent

When you call them, they answer with real people and with excellent personal support - in your state and/or in Australia! Problems are dealt with and resolved over the phone very quickly. Online messaging is always answered very quickly. I opened a business account for our company in 2018 and things are now so much smoother compared to our old bank. After the way the old bank fared at the banking Royal Commission, I'm very glad I moved away from them. I now feel like a valued customer with People's Choice Credit Union.

TopicATM Experience, Business Banking, General Transactions and New Account