Pepper Money Home Loans

4.1

L.Considine

L.ConsidineHunter Region, NSW

What a scam

Firstly look at their review score, 4/5. Who came up with that score? As far as I can see reading their reviews it is more like 1/5. I also am very unhappy with pepper home loans, i would love a 4%, 5% interest rate on my loan as mine is over 8%. They say I can pay all these fees and charges to refinance my loan. They could just reduce the interest rate. They are thieves run far far away from pepper.

Loan Start DateNovember 2007
Loan used forSecond Home
Laura P.

Laura P.

They ruined my credit rating

After paying my payout figure and receiving a letter my account was closed 5 months later my credit rating dropped below average. Turns out i still owed money to them and not once did they contact me or inform me my account actually was not closed. Worst customer service and false promises.

STAY AWAY

Do not use this company they will bully you into what they want. Even if you have been with them for years it doesn’t matter. Take your money somewhere else

Loan Start DateNovember 2017

Carlos

CarlosSydney, NSW

Can not get any thing done in a timely matter

They have moved their call centre overseas but the people you speak to there appear not to be authorised to do anything and give you no meaningful information. Each time you call, no matter how simple the issue it will take you days to speak to someone who can help. They need to let their call centre staff do something or allow customers to contact directly. It leaves you felling like a number not a customer and has led to frustrating waits to get the simplest of tasks completed.

Prathna A.South East Queensland, QLD

Do not go with them

Total thieves! We were recommended pepper money through our broker. We were looking to refinance our investment property and also purchase a new one. At pre approval we were given a 3.19% rate, that somehow jumped to 4.99% at settlement. They knew we were not going to decline the purchase of our property, and used that against us and for their benefit. Very tricking in dealing with. Customer care and complaints department both have no idea what’s going on. After being with them for 6 months, we have refinanced now and v happy with new lender. My advice: Do not go with them at all. Stay where you are!

Prathna A.

It’s not just about the interest rates pepper money are pure thieves. Your customer care is full of idiots who have no idea what information they give out. My worse experience ever!

Shane

ShaneSydney Surrounds, NSW

Answer a call or reply!!!

Terrible service!!!! I have attempted to call 12 times today and all i was after was a statement which might i add was supposedly sent to me 3 times to different emails none of which i received. My email doesn't exist on their records nor does my phone number??? but my outstanding debt does , i'm just unable to get a strait answer or a statement.

Short advice, if you need customer care have a weeks time up your sleeve...

VaughanTSydney, NSW

Pepper Money A.Pepper

Ridiculous customer service and interest rates

Massive interest rates, limited help if you find yourself in a financial crisis. And the best part if their "customer service" is if you are in a financial crisis and do happen to use their hardship options or fall behind on payments they penalise you for 12 months by not allowing any interest rate cuts. Stupid thing is if I was paying a "standard" interest rate of around 3% I wouldn't be in a financial crisis I could quite easily manage by repayments. Instead I'm stuck paying over 6%. Stay clear if you can, their practices could cause many bankruptcies and repossessions.

Loan used forSecond Home
Product Review

Product ReviewSydney, NSW

Price Gouging

Avoid Pepper at all cost. They sign you on and then try to rip you office. I am still being charged at 4.2% under the current client. They increase the rate out of line with the RBA and then only pass on a fraction when the interest rate cycle go the other way. The usual excuse like funding difference is all non sense. It's fine to make a profit but not at the rate of 4.2% under the COVID 19 situation.

Mossimo

MossimoMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Peppermoney additional fees! No contact from anybody, only office in Manila.

Loan Start DateMay 2019
Tony

TonySouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible customer service

Rang early today to speak to a customer service representative. Based on there so called great reviews only to come across a man named Nikki who had little interest in answering any of my simple questions. Talked over me and wasn’t interested in what I had to say. Fake reviews stay clear of these guys.

Unimpressed

UnimpressedSydney, NSW

Archiac technology and terrible service

Loan Start DateMarch 2020
Loan used forRefinancing

BruceDarling Downs, QLD

Merciless Profiteers

Pepper, although financed by Westpac who has passed on BOTH of the most recent COVID-19 RBA rate cuts in March 2020, has passed on only 0.20% of the first 0.25% March rate cut and 0.0% of the second 0.25% RBA Emergency meeting rate cut.

This organisation is merciless; profiteers without a moral compass during an epoch that has come on sooner and harder than the Great Depression.

My every wish is they go under in this recession never to resurface again.

As soon as I can, I will be re-financing with one of Australia's Big Four banks.

Many non banks have rates below 3.0% and numerous banks are now below the rate I am paying with Click Loans/Pepper Money.

If you are looking for an investor P & I mortgage, look elsewhere.

Loan Start DateSeptember 2017
William C.

William C.Sydney, NSW

Pepper Home Loans are excellent

Dealing with Pepper Money over the last six months has been a breeze. There were no unexpected extra costs or surprises with the loan. That is the basis for this review.

I am very satisfied with Pepper Money.

Loan Start DateOctober 2019

ClaudiaSydney, NSW

Worse experience ever

Loan Start DateDecember 2016

Find out how Pepper Money Home Loans compares to other Home Loans

Guys, Beware of Pepper Money. They don't help at all whatever the scenario is. Better don't waste time with them.

I am dissatisfied with Pepper Money. My advise is not to waste time with them and find some good lender who understands the situation and help in tough times. Best of luck people.

Pepper Money A.Pepper

Still waiting on a response

Still waiting on a response from Vale at Pepper why unexpected fees were added to my home loan .Vale verbals said they were a error but still no back up call to correct my account.Robert P

Loan used forFirst Home
Roberto Pansini

Who ever posted the photo reveal yourself

Roberto Pansini

That is false I have not received any incentive from anyone . You know my mobile # . False publicity your printing

Kathy FrostSouth East Queensland, QLD

Pepper Home Loan not passing on the rba interest rate reductions

I have just received a letter from pepper gouging home loans that they are only reducing the interest by 20 basis points. In these uncertain times of crisis & lack of employment- pepper home loans have sort to profit. Disgusting and reprehensible conduct. Do not get one of their loans or you will be sorry. Of course there has been another emergency reduction this week from the rba as well as the beginning of the month's reduction - I bet pepper just keep that one all together. They are unconscionable and disgraceful. We should have received 75 basis point reduction all together but pepper have only done 45.

Aaron G.South Australia

Long term customer, very unhappy with being taxed for being loyal. If you can move and it makes financial sense do it.

You have all heard of the " loyalty tax" if you are in a position to move your money and the banks want your money, all the power to you. I have what you might say a small loan account of $180k. Why is it we are treated differently to new customers? I have not had a full RBA rate cut passed on since I can remember, and after many rate reviews and being told, tell your story walking, I've become very frustrated. The RBA cash rate is now @ 0.25%. How can you justify holding back rate cuts which are needed to stimulate the economy? Happy to discuss. I will keep this forum updated. One of your long term loyal customers. :-(

Lucas

LucasSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great Savings to come

John and his team were clear and concise with my requirements for a seemless transition between products.
This will effectively allow me the ability to save,and the opportunity to get into investing further with property.
The interest rate is excellent in comparison to my previous rate.
John was also excellent in picking up needs and offered solution prior to us asking.
Excellent service.

I would also like to make mention to Stacy in the call centre team who welcomed us to our new product.
Stacy was definitely present and attentive in the call and definitely have me believe that she had a passion for her role and the pepper procducts.
Both teams mentioned are assets to pepper.

Loan used forRefinancing

Hi Lucas,
We are extremely pleased to hear that John and the team were able to help you achieve your goals. Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience and for recognising the efforts of John and Stacey.
Kind regards,