Pepper Money Home Loans

Pepper Money Home Loans

Helpful with application But my variable rate only seems to go up even with offical rates falling fast

The application process and approval was easy and they were quite helpful. The only bump we hit was with their solicitor mucking around our solicitor with paperwork they had already received. BUT I would not recommend them to anyone. Not long into our mortgage the rate went up (no official rate rise), and while the official RBA rate continues to fall, my variable rate only seems to go up. I think I will have to switch to another lender as Im paying too much interest with them.

Loan Start DateNovember 2018
UnhappyJan
UnhappyJan

I contacted you before I submitted this review. Still havent heard back.

Kathryn Powell

Kathryn PowellSouth East Queensland, QLD

Life is so much better with Pepper!

From the moment I heard about Pepper Money my home loan dream quickly became a reality. Their customer service team were extremely helpful and polite and took time to answer all my questions. Who needs one of the big 4 when you have Pepper Money?

Loan Start DateSeptember 2019
Pepper Money A.Pepper

Hi Kathryn, thank you for reaching out to us. Congratulations on your home loan and thank you for considering us as an alternative to the big banks. Welcome to Pepper Money!

Mary

Excellent, Pepper Finance really help.

Staff extremely, helpful, thoughtful and cared about my finances sincerely, I did not receive any additional costs that I wasn't expecting. For me Pepper Finance get a five star rating.

Loan Start DateOctober 2019
Pepper Money A.Pepper

That's great to hear Mary and thank you for the 5 star rating! We're thrilled to have you on board.

Webb

WebbGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Cant wait to get out of My Homeloan with pepper

PEPPER HOMELOANS took over Wizard homeloans loans, now i am stuck with a fixed interest rate close to 10%(no choice) and it is impossible to change. I have rung 3 times and every time they say there is nothing they can do.

Company advertises homeloans at close to 3%.

People stay clear of this thieving company, i am forced to now put my house on the market as it is eating to much of my hard earned money.

Loan TypeFixed Rate

Excellent Customer Service

Pepper Money were very helpful in refinancing our home loan. You are given the name and phone number of a contact person who was very easy to get in touch with and talk to. Much better service than the big banks.

Loan used for:Refinancing
Pepper Money A.Pepper

That's great to hear Trace, thank you for letting us know. Welcome to Pepper Money!
Rachael.

ivan

ivanPerth, WA

deceptive - my credit rating perfect no defaults and offered 24.99% on car loan after it already went on credit report

what an awful company. i made a loan application for a vehicle with a savings account of 30,000 perfect credit history. after i click submit and a hard credit report check is done im told sorry we can offer we you 24.99% on a car loan. i said no thank thanks and the box closes. i try to contact someone no reply. i check my credit report again after applying and my credit is perfect. no defaults. its a scam to make you apply then after you apply they give a higher rate.

Loan TypeFixed Rate

Greg

GregNortheast, VIC

Patience with a basket case

After a tumultuous twelve months I was financial basket case at my wits end, the endless patience and optimism of Pepper staff made it possible for me to get it done. At the end my repayments are much less than I expected, I can look forward with optimism.

Pepper Money A.Pepper

Getting it right the first time

Pepper Money’s excellent Customer Service from their Lending Specialist right down the Loan Support people is very highly commendable. They strived to get it right the first time. Well done.

Loan used for:Refinancing
Pepper Money A.Pepper

Thank you Allen, it’s great to have you on board. Thanks for sharing your experience with us. We love to hear from our customers and learn how happy they are with the service support our Pepper team have provided.

Jason

JasonGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Happy

My home loan was a little complicated but we got there. We needed a loan for an investment home and the big banks were not interested. There loss now. Loan settled last week and pepper have been good so far.

Pepper Money A.Pepper

Hi Jason. At Pepper, we do our best tailor our loans to suit your needs, even if your circumstances are 'complicated'. Welcome to Pepper Money and congratulations on your new loan!

Amazing Result Very Happy Client

Thanks Pepper your service has been amazing from your team of professional staff the outcome for me has been amazing I could not have asked for more great rates great service a very happy client

Pepper Money A.Pepper

Thank you Maree, it's fantastic to hear that you're so happy with our amazing service and the great interest rate we were able to offer you.
Stacey

Was perfect

After a very hard time with building our new house our business went back but pepper money helped us to support our business and get it back on track
The service was so quick & amazing

Loan Start DateAugust 2019
Pepper Money A.Pepper

You are very welcome, Rash! We're pleased to have helped you to get on track. We trust our amazing service will continue during your time with us.
Eric

Shane R.

Shane R.

Worst company I’ve delt with a car loan.

I have had 6 car loans and pepper money it the worst I’ve had by far. No trouble with any other. Broke my leg last July and payments was taken over by insurance and nearly on a weekly basis I’d get phone calls about late payments. I’d say it’s been taken care of by insurance. They’d ask me to call them. I would. Theyd say it’s all up to date and I’d still get 3-4 calls a week from them. Explain every time. Wouldn’t write down any notes. Explain 2 days later. Had to change my bank details as they’d pull money from my account even though they were getting paid. Never going through these again.

A...

A...Central West, NSW

They were easy to deal with

Customer service was excellent. We found pepper offered us a better rate than other places due to our situation. We were weary using an alternate lender from the big banks but definatly a good outcome, with great communication and easy online services.

Pepper Money A.Pepper

Thank you for considering Pepper Money for your lending needs and for allowing us the opportunity to offer you a competitive interest rate. We appreciate your review and trust our fantastic customer service will continue.

Pepper Money

Pepper have saved me, I was told by lenders not a chance but pepper delivered a product that suit my needs with a reasonable interest rate. Going through a div can be quite messy and failure by the other party to pay bills or credit cards left a mark on my file. Pepper were very thorough and open and honest from the beginning. Thank you pepper.

Loan Start DateJune 2019
Loan used for:Investment Property
Pepper Money A.Pepper

Thank you for your feedback! We're so pleased to hear that we were able to provide you with a loan that suits your needs and we also appreciate your acknowledgement of our service during the process. Welcome to Pepper Money!

Happy Customer

Happy CustomerGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Fast Settlement

Had a Land Loan which Pepper Money did a wonderful job of settling within 1.5 weeks which was amazing and really appreciated the great supportive work there staff performed on getting this timely done.
Also the interest rate I received is phenomenal and better than any bank which is outstanding!

Definitely love to stay with Pepper Money when I come to Construction Loan soon.

Loan Start DateJuly 2019
Loan used for:Home Construction
Pepper Money A.Pepper

What great news! It’s our pleasure to have provided you with a great interest rate and we look forward to hearing from you for your construction loan.
Cassandra

Denise L.

Denise L.Sydney, NSW

Right Option for Me

Pepper Money had the product that I needed and at the right time.
I did have an extra unexpected cost with this loan though.
Also the customer service has been great so far, so I am very satisfied.

Pepper Money A.Pepper

That's fantastic Denise, we're thrilled to receive your feedback. If you would like to speak with us about the fee you have mentioned, please feel free to contact us on 1300 650 931, or reach out to your broker.
Eric

Pepper money can’t help everyone

We have excellent credit, good proven income and wanted a low doc home loan and a 90% lvr construction loan but because our property is rural pepper money can’t help us. Even though it’s 10 minutes from a main town and has proven equity.

TamaraD

TamaraD

Approved us and gave us another chance to having our own home again!

Mathew M.

Mathew M.South East Queensland, QLD

Slow changing decisions cost me money and put me further behind.

Clinton

ClintonWestern Australia

Couldnt get another loan

Applied for a loan, good credit history no defaults, current customer, all loan payments made up to date.

Got preapproved, then emailed declined citing normal standard reasons.

Applied to loans.com.au got approved and loan settled quickly with a great rate.

Melissa

Melissaasked

Hi. Can you change your loan repayments to interest only for a certain period anytime or do you need to do a whole new refinance application?

Pepper Money A.Pepper

Hi Melissa, thank you for your enquiry. Yes, you can convert to interest only repayments however this is for investment properties only. For further information, please contact us on 1300 650 931.

Kateasked

Will Pepper be passing the latest Oct 2019 rate cut onto their existing customers? Most lenders have passed 0.15% with some even up to 0.30 for investor interest only loans. Pepper has so far only announced some discounts for the NEW customers but what about your existing customers?

Mary

Yes I am sure Pepper will cut onto their existing customers, They are a very fair company and I hold them in the utmost respect.

Kate

It doesn't appear so because they have only announced a rate cut for new customers. See https://www.savings.com.au/home-loans/rba-rate-cut-october/#pepper

Up to 24 basis points (0.24% points) applies to some loans for new customers
Announcement date: 01 October 2019 (for new customers), Effective date: 01 October 2019 (for new customers)

I also want to point out that with the July 2019 rate cut, Pepper only passed 20 basis points (0.20% points) of 25 basis points. Some other lenders eg St George Variable residential investment property loan IO offered even more than the RBA announcement (30 points), Westpac Variable residential investment property loan IO (30 points), Resimac 25 basis points (0.25% points).

No confirmation of cuts for existing customers yet

So if Pepper does not pass on this cut (0.25%) and along with only passing on some of the July cut (0.20% of the 0.25%, as a IO loan, that is a total 0.30% since July that Pepper are taking away from me as a customer. I find this extremely disappointing especially when you look at other lenders who has been proactive and prompt in their response to the recent cut. Every day Pepper delays an announcement and delay the effective date a cut comes into effect is more dollars in their pockets.

Pepper Money A.Pepper

Hi Kate. Yes, Pepper has reduced its rates for existing customers by 0.15%. The effective date for this change is 18 October 2019. Please contact us on 130 650 931 if you have any questions.

Wendy S.

Wendy S.asked

We have currently put in an application with Pepper to refinance our home loan but I am feeling very anxious as hubby and I don't have the best credit history

Pepper Money A.Pepper

Hi Wendy, thanks for reaching out to Pepper Money. We can certainly understand your concern, however at Pepper, we look at a number of other things aside from your credit history and get a look at the bigger picture. We suggest getting in contact with your lending specialist or broker for an update on your application.

Mike
Mike

Don’t do it Wendy! Even if they approve you as a customer, you will regret it! Unless your paying over 7% elsewhere, that’s why you’ll be paying as a minimum, Guaranteed! Look at the questions and reviews!

Get an answer from our members and Pepper representatives

CategoryHome Loans