Listing monitored by Petcover

• 1-2 weeks (175)
    • 2-4 weeks (85)
    • 1-2 months (47)
    • 3+ months (26)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (459) · No (30)

Poppy
Poppy

Money hungry, Disorganised, Will not return calls

We renewed our policy with Petplan over 8 months ago and had a huge increase in our premium which we dutifully paid (we have been with them for nearly 2 years now). To decide suddenly out of nowhere to deduct an excess on a long-standing disorder for our dog is disgusting, especially when we have paid many excesses on the policy!!

I was told yesterday that before close of business someone senior would call me regarding this issue. As is true to form of Petplan (I have left messages on several occasions requesting a call back on other issues), it never happens.

Although I am now stuck with Petplan as my dog now has existing conditions therefore can't be insured elsewhere, I can deter others from being trapped in this company.

SupportPetplan

Don't make a claim, you'll be penalised

We do not recommend PetPlan. We did a lot of research before choosing a pet insurance provider. It 'appeared' to us that PetPlan was a good option for our small dog, but we obviously made the wrong choice. After making a small claim for an emergency visit for our 3 year dog, we were penalised with a huge increase in premium from $65/m to $102/m (56% increase!). So basically, don't make a claim and just give them your money. We cancelled the cover because we had no confidence in them covering our dog as he got older.

Prompt service FULLY recommend Petplan

SupportPetplan

Hi Kelly, we really appreciate the amazing and detailed five star review! It's great to hear that you recommend us to everyone, we take pride in providing the best possible service and we are glad that you have noticed this. Thank you!

Kelly

You so very welcome . Always a pleasure to give credit where due and Petplan have the service 5 star. Thanks again Kelly

Mark
MarkSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not a good provider

Steve
SteveDunedin

Good luck making a claim.

SupportPetplan

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Jasmyn
Jasmyn Sydney, NSW

So happy with my experience!!!

I’ve just had my first experience with pet plan, I spent around $8000 on my 10 month old chihuahua after unexpected complications with his spine. I had doubts that any insurance company would want to assist me with that, after all that is a lot of money. I reluctantly put my claim in and to my surprise pet plan gave me back a huge sum of money and not only that, they were so fast. It was only a few days later and I was fully refunded. I am so happy with their customer service and would recommend them to anyone going forward! Thanks for making a stressful situation not so bad!

SupportPetplan

Happy to take your money but won’t provide the cover when needed.

When I signed up I had my horse vet checked and all paperwork required completed. When I made my first claim, the company won’t pay out accordingly for the vet costs relating to his injury- turns out they misleadingly indicated I had this cover each time I spoke to them, but turns out I didn’t have this cover- I only had death cover. When I queried this on two separate occasions having discussed my initial vet check paperwork with each of the staff, I was assured they would call me back after reviewing each call, and after two months I’m still waiting (whilst they are happy to keep taking my money). Would not recommend!!!!!

Paper based???

We took up this policy as it was recommended by friends. Certainly I think they have great policies, however to make claims their system is paper forms only. This makes it really cumbersome and slow in the digital age. It took us 2 months to have a very expensive claim finalised because of a tiny error on a paper form we submitted. With an up to date digital system I doubt it would have been a problem..

Don
DonGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

I wouldn’t own a dog without Petcover Insurance!

Very happy with my policy so far. The claim process is a little bit old-school but once verified I was paid immediately. It’s very reassuring knowing your pet is covered.

snapback

Relatively expensive, but worth the extra (in my opinion).

I have two border collies insured with Petplan. I have now made one claim for each of them, and on both occasions the claim was paid without question. I did a lot of research prior to choosing Petplan, and found there was Petplan and then there was the rest of them, which are all underwritten by the same insurance company. The other plans all had multiple conditions and limits set for various illnesses/injuries and payments up to a certain percentage of the total bill, but Petplan was straightforward having an annual limit and no individual limits, plus a fixed excess. Petplan is more expensive, but in my opinion it is worth the extra. I plan to stay with Petplan until my dogs no longer need insurance :( .

Quick payment, transparent

My claim was paid out within 3 business days of my vet sending the paperwork off. Whilst premiums have increased year to year and may be slightly more expensive than other insurers, it has still paid for itself many times over with the treatment my dog has received. I find the policies easy to understand and transparent about what is covered or not covered, and it is great there are no sub-limits on conditions or surgeries. This is where I feel Petplan is superior to other companies as I feel confident making claims that I will receive the money back. It would be better if the claims process could be done entirely electronically rather than having to fill out a hard copy and scan it in for submission.

Clunky but prompt Process

Are found Petcover to be very helpful and prompt. The process for claiming was a bit clunky but we had no issues once our claim was submitted. Payment was processed within the week.

Jodie S.
Jodie S.South East Queensland, QLD

Fast, reasonable and professional

Claims were made paid within days of receiving the full history etc. very easy to deal with. Clear and concise. I would highly recommend for important and valuable sport horses as well as your pleasure horses.

Best pet insurance

We have been with Pet Plan for over 4 years and whilst we have not had to claim for our dog, we have had to claim for both our cats and I could not be happier with both their service and the claims process. I have put in a number of claims and all have been approved and reimbursed very quickly.
When our cat passed away following a claim they were so helpful and understanding. I would recommend Pet Plan to anyone.

Stephanie Wood
Stephanie Wood Sydney, NSW

Great cover for exotic pets

Our rabbit is insured with Petcover as the only provider for small mammals and exotic pets. So far we have had a great experience with Petcover and our policy - it has been easy to get in contact them and they have been quick to respond to claims. I would highly recommend them.

Claim Made Yes

Read more reviews - page 2

Gerrard W.
Gerrard W.asked

Hi-
Seen some of the feedback about increases in premium. Has anyone experienced any increases lately? Thinking of insuring our cocker spaniel.

snapback

Yes, I heard of horrendous premium rises by Petplan, but only through heresay. One of my dog's premiums came up for renewal this month, and the premium rise was less than $10/month, which I think is quite acceptable. I had a $1000 claim paid out too. So I reckon these stories may well be coming from the competition as scare tactics. I recommend Petplan, as the other insurer(s) all have sub-limits on claim types and injuries/illnesses on top of their total annual limit, whereas Petplan is just a straightforward when you reach your annual limit that's it. Disclaimer: I am not associated with Petplan in any way other than being a policyholder (two policies, actually).

Dear Gerrard,
Thank you for reaching out and we are more than happy to give you a little more insight into this topic.

The premium payable on all general insurance products is subject to change, even if your individual circumstances do not appear to have changed. This is because premiums are affected by multiple factors including the general costs of doing business and changes to the way your risk is assessed.

Factors which may affect the premium include your pet’s breed, age, location, individual claims history and increasing costs associated with providing veterinary treatment.

We provide more details in our FAQ section on our website and our friendly customer service team is always happy to explain any questions over the phone.

We hope this answers some of your questions and would love to have you as part of our Petplan family.

Regards, the Petplan Social Team

Angry
Angryasked
Petcover

Does petplan cover hip dysplasia or other breed prone issues?

snapback

You would need to ask Petplan themselves to be sure, but my opinion is that they would, as long as you started the insurance of the dog at an early age, such as when they are a few months old. If you leave it until the dog is older, not only would your premiums be much higher, but they might add conditions, which may exclude certain medical conditions.

Hi There,

Petplan cover the treatment costs of illnesses, accidents and injuries that are not pre-existing or have occurred within the waiting period. All cover is subject to terms and conditions. For more information please visit https://www.petplan.com.au/ or call us on 1300 738 225.

Debbie
Debbieasked
Petcover

Stamp duty why is it included

Hi Debbie,

Stamp Duty is a government duty payable on insurance products. Stamp Duty is not set by Petplan.

Kind Regards,
Mireia
Petplan Social Team

Get an answer from our members and Petcover representatives

Compare all 9 Petcover
Accidental Injury Cover Included
Illness CoverIncluded
Routine Care CoverNot Included
Tick ParalysisNot Included
Emergency Boarding Fees$1,000 if you are hospitalised for more than 5 consecutive days
Lifetime Cover IncludedIncludedIncludedIncluded