Pet Insurance Buying Guide

If your dog or cat becomes sick, pet insurance can help get the treatment they deserve. For a better idea of how pet insurance works, continue reading so you can make an informed choice.

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

3.9

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (6)
    • 1-2 weeks (2)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (6) · No (0)
Eszter C.

Eszter C.South East Queensland, QLD

The personal touch and consideration made me feel valued

Our dog had a condition which would have been easy to decline our claim. Instead you took the time to review our case individually and made a decision based on our own personal circumstances- this was very much appreciated and not what typical insurance companies do.

Lisa

LisaCanberra 2600, ACT

Great cover

I was sceptical about pet insurance and put it off until I received an offer from these guys that seemed competitive and made me consider it. I took out the cover when my puppy was about 9 months old and a month later he ate something he shouldn’t have and ended up with an expensive vet bill. He’s since been back there with another mishap. The process of claiming each time was very simple, and the claims were promptly paid.

Rahul

RahulGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Not customer focused. Not good value for money.

- They increased my annual premium by over $400 a year without any explanation. Refused to give any discount. Found another policy with exact same benefits for half the price online if I set-up through AAMI.
- After you by a policy they don't entertain any request for changes to the policy (unless you are prepared to pay 2 or 3 times the premium)
- Phone helpline always have minimum 20 mins of wait time.
- Customer service agents have absolutely no authority to help you in anyway.

Lili

LiliSydney, NSW

Rip off - covers barely nothing, price rises every year, to the point not affordable

poor value, cover mostly things that are accidents others nothing..
My dog has had cover since a pup and now 11 years and cost is so expensive, Only been able to claim once when he was hospitalized. Otherwise slippery criminals that will try to use words and justification to get out of claim,even tried to get the vet to reword there claim so my hospital claim would be rejected. Put your money in a savings account add $100 a month and you will be better off. My premium is now $118 a month after 10 years when your dog needs it most that when they really rob you

Fantastic Product

We have been with Pet Insurance for several years and have unfortunately had several occasions to make claims and each time it has been stress free and we have received payment quickly and exactly as per the policy.

Amazing service!

I have been with pet insurance.com.au for a couple of years now and their service is faultless. Kind responses to emails and fast response to claims. Highly recommend to everyone I can.

C Deiure

C DeiureIllawarra, NSW

Great Policy

Great service and value. My claims get done quickly. Very good in explaining things so I can totally understand clearly the question I asked. I would recommend to everyone with pets.

Helen Z.

Helen Z.Sydney, NSW

GREAT SERVICE AND VALUE

I just signed up to this service for my 7mo staffy pup. The value for money on this insurance is great and the service was better than 5 stars!have been recommending to anyone I can

Linda Nolte

Linda NolteSydney, NSW

Really good policy for my cat.

I got my cat on August 24, 2020 and took the policy out for him in September. I like that the policy gives me $5000. a year cover for accident/illness at a really Great monthly price. It gives me peace of mind knowing he's covered as Vet bills are not affordable right now, he just turned 7 years old so I'm covered for his older years now. My only negative re the company is that I didn't receive the welcome/policy pack as promised. I did finally get it all after calling the company a few weeks ago, and the agent was terrific at getting it all sorted out on the spot. Also the Vet clinic I go to had good things to say about the company.

Good claims experience

Had some preliminary questions about raising our first claim for Routine Care Benefits. Staff were very helpful - took the time to understand my questions, and made sure they sourced accurate information. Then helped to ensure the claim was processed accordingly. Couldn't have asked for better assistance.

Hansey

Hansey

petsy.com.au Pet Insurance

It's the first time we have taken out Pet Insurance so wasn't sure what to do or expect. Petsy was super easy, the website was easy to use and easy to find out information.
You also get discounts on dog friendly pubs which is handy.
Great service, we even got 2 free Dog tags which were beautiful with our dogs names and our phone number engraved on them. The dog tags are kind to the environment. The dog tag place also donates 5% of every dog tag they make to organisations that support animal rehabilitation and welfare.
Well done Petsy.com.au

Good value insurance for accident prone whippets!

I have 2 whippets who are accident prone, one has required stitches on 3 separate occasions due to run ins with tree branches. The smaller one just received stitches to her leg from an injury sustained in our back yard (still don't know how she did it). I have had both my whippets insured for accidental injury for the past 3 years and am very pleased with my policies, having made 4 claims in 3 years. Payouts are generally less than a week after my vet submits my claim and the premiums are very reasonable. I can't recommend it highly enough to owners of Italian greyhounds, whippets and greyhounds who are looking for accident cover for their hounds at a reasonable cost.

Natalie C.Petinsurance.com.au

Thanks so much for the great feedback Kate, we are very happy to help protect your two fur babies and we are very glad you are happy with the service and price! Kindest Regards, Natalie Carpenter

Marci

MarciSydney, NSW

Rip off - If I could give a minus score- I would.

Devil

Devil

Happy with premium increases, claim process & great customer service

I've had 3 accident policies for 4 years with this company & am happy with low premium increases after the rip off nightmare with Bow Wow where increases were 20%+ a year despite no claims. Also happy with great customer service. First claim was a hassle but recently lodged my second claim & it was paid quickly. Fantastic customer service from both Natalie & Rebecca is much appreciated. Definitely recommend this company to anyone looking for good value pet insurance.

Jessta

JesstaPerth, WA

They are brilliant, could not recommend higher!

Find out how Petinsurance.com.au compares to other Pet Insurance

Really good value. Easy to set up online.

Came with benefits of Velocity Points which is always appreciated. Have made one claim but it was unfortunately rejected. I probably didn't read the fine print properly as it the claim was for vaccinations and desexing which apparently isn't covered under my particular policy.

Mance

ManceSydney

Easy online claims paid so quickly!

I recently had a sick puppy and had to spend a lot on vet bills. The online system allows you to upload your paid invoices and vet noted easily - it only took minutes. Best of all the refund came through in less than a week - amazing service. Very satisfied customer :) thank you

Mance

ManceSydney

Love the low cost Puppy Cover :)

Petinsurance.com.au was an easy choice for my new puppy - very affordable. Application process was easy. Saw them at Dog Lovers Show on the weekend and they support Australian Working Dog Rescue. Yet to claim, but feels like an insurer with a genuine care for pets.

Insurance claim madeNo
Natalie C.Petinsurance.com.au

Thanks for the great feedback, we are very proud of our partnership with Working Dog Rescue and we look forward to help you protect your fur baby for many years to come.

Perfect cover for my cat

Very happy with Petinsurance.com.au!!! Found perfect cover for my cat Lucy, who never goes outside. Struggled to find a company that offered illness cover only. Customer service really friendly too!

Insurance claim madeNo
Natalie C.Petinsurance.com.au

We are so happy you chose our 'first in market' Indoor Cat Policy for Lucy. Thanks so much for the great feedback.

Value for money policy.

To be honest, I don't know much about pet insurance companies, and therefore I purchased my policy for my dog Kiya, based on cost, as it was the best value top cover one that I could find on the market.
I'm now glad that I did, as It was easy to apply for, and all I had to do was scan the vet bill and I received reimbursement within days.
My husband was pleasantly surprised by how much we received back, and as our fur baby has an ongoing allergy condition, this policy will definitely be worth it!
I have given this a 5 star rating based on the simplicity of applying, information provided, fast processing/refund of claims, and friendly and helpful customer service.

Natalie C.Petinsurance.com.au

We are so happy to hear your claims experience was such a positive one and we hope that Kiya is feeling much better now.