Petinsurance.com.au
See the Best Pet Insurance in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Petinsurance.com.au

3.8
  • Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (7)
    • 1-2 weeks (2)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (7) · No (0)
Rich
RichSouth East Queensland, QLD

Simple set up, affordable comprehensive cover, fast and reliable claims

I looked around for pet insurance that would cover accident and illness without all the unnecessary frills; really to cover for those unexpected large costs that may happen. We were hit with almost a $1,000 bill because of a hot spot that went undetected until it became infected. Required specialised treatement due to the area that it was in. Our last dog we never had problems, so this was a surprise. The cover met our expectations of 'no frills comprehensive cover' and more! No excess, straight forward claim, all done through our vet. Thank you for making it easy. The only one time we tried to claim with RSPCA insurance they made it so difficult and after paying almost double for a few years didn't cover.

Prof
ProfMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Brilliant service

Our poor puppy recently suffered an avulsion fracture of his tibial crest, and had to have 3 pins inserted. Luckily, we were covered by pet insurance.com.au, who paid 80% of the claim very quickly. I got my policy through AAMI. Great communication from the insurance company. I can highly recommend them.

EdithS
EdithSSouth East Queensland, QLD

Can't believe they are shameless scammer

I paid full year of insurance for my 3 pets, when 1 of my baby had Gastro this year, they declined the claim because she had gastro 2 years ago, so it was "pre-existing" which it's unbelievable!!!! worst insurance ever!!!!

Eszter C.
Eszter C.South East Queensland, QLD

The personal touch and consideration made me feel valued

Our dog had a condition which would have been easy to decline our claim. Instead you took the time to review our case individually and made a decision based on our own personal circumstances- this was very much appreciated and not what typical insurance companies do.

Lisa
LisaCanberra 2600, ACT

Great cover

I was sceptical about pet insurance and put it off until I received an offer from these guys that seemed competitive and made me consider it. I took out the cover when my puppy was about 9 months old and a month later he ate something he shouldn’t have and ended up with an expensive vet bill. He’s since been back there with another mishap. The process of claiming each time was very simple, and the claims were promptly paid.

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Rahul
RahulGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Not customer focused. Not good value for money.

- They increased my annual premium by over $400 a year without any explanation. Refused to give any discount. Found another policy with exact same benefits for half the price online if I set-up through AAMI.
- After you by a policy they don't entertain any request for changes to the policy (unless you are prepared to pay 2 or 3 times the premium)
- Phone helpline always have minimum 20 mins of wait time.
- Customer service agents have absolutely no authority to help you in anyway.

Lili
LiliSydney, NSW

Rip off - covers barely nothing, price rises every year, to the point not affordable

poor value, cover mostly things that are accidents others nothing..
My dog has had cover since a pup and now 11 years and cost is so expensive, Only been able to claim once when he was hospitalized. Otherwise slippery criminals that will try to use words and justification to get out of claim,even tried to get the vet to reword there claim so my hospital claim would be rejected. Put your money in a savings account add $100 a month and you will be better off. My premium is now $118 a month after 10 years when your dog needs it most that when they really rob you

Fantastic Product

We have been with Pet Insurance for several years and have unfortunately had several occasions to make claims and each time it has been stress free and we have received payment quickly and exactly as per the policy.

Amazing service!

I have been with pet insurance.com.au for a couple of years now and their service is faultless. Kind responses to emails and fast response to claims. Highly recommend to everyone I can.

C Deiure
C DeiureIllawarra, NSW

Great Policy

Great service and value. My claims get done quickly. Very good in explaining things so I can totally understand clearly the question I asked. I would recommend to everyone with pets.

Helen Z.
Helen Z.Sydney, NSW

GREAT SERVICE AND VALUE

I just signed up to this service for my 7mo staffy pup. The value for money on this insurance is great and the service was better than 5 stars!have been recommending to anyone I can

Linda Nolte
Linda NolteSydney, NSW

Really good policy for my cat.

I got my cat on August 24, 2020 and took the policy out for him in September. I like that the policy gives me $5000. a year cover for accident/illness at a really Great monthly price. It gives me peace of mind knowing he's covered as Vet bills are not affordable right now, he just turned 7 years old so I'm covered for his older years now. My only negative re the company is that I didn't receive the welcome/policy pack as promised. I did finally get it all after calling the company a few weeks ago, and the agent was terrific at getting it all sorted out on the spot. Also the Vet clinic I go to had good things to say about the company.

Good claims experience

Had some preliminary questions about raising our first claim for Routine Care Benefits. Staff were very helpful - took the time to understand my questions, and made sure they sourced accurate information. Then helped to ensure the claim was processed accordingly. Couldn't have asked for better assistance.

Hansey
Hansey

petsy.com.au Pet Insurance

It's the first time we have taken out Pet Insurance so wasn't sure what to do or expect. Petsy was super easy, the website was easy to use and easy to find out information.
You also get discounts on dog friendly pubs which is handy.
Great service, we even got 2 free Dog tags which were beautiful with our dogs names and our phone number engraved on them. The dog tags are kind to the environment. The dog tag place also donates 5% of every dog tag they make to organisations that support animal rehabilitation and welfare.
Well done Petsy.com.au

Other Pet Insurance

Good value insurance for accident prone whippets!

I have 2 whippets who are accident prone, one has required stitches on 3 separate occasions due to run ins with tree branches. The smaller one just received stitches to her leg from an injury sustained in our back yard (still don't know how she did it). I have had both my whippets insured for accidental injury for the past 3 years and am very pleased with my policies, having made 4 claims in 3 years. Payouts are generally less than a week after my vet submits my claim and the premiums are very reasonable. I can't recommend it highly enough to owners of Italian greyhounds, whippets and greyhounds who are looking for accident cover for their hounds at a reasonable cost.

Natalie C.Petinsurance.com.au

Thanks so much for the great feedback Kate, we are very happy to help protect your two fur babies and we are very glad you are happy with the service and price! Kindest Regards, Natalie Carpenter

Read more reviews - page 2