• Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks (165) · <1 week (162) · 2-4 weeks (83) · 1-2 months (42) · 3+ months (26)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (423) · No (28)
  • Incentivised Review Yes (0%) · No (100%)

Rachelle Hogan

Rachelle HoganPerth, WA

Great Service and prompt payment of claims

I first insured my little dog (Buddy) in 2012 and up until his passing on 30th December 2019 the service that I received from Petplan was excellent. After Buddy's passing, at my request the policy was cancelled and a refund for the outstanding premium was paid into my account within two days. I now have another fur baby (Millie) and had no hesitation in insuring her with Petplan due to my previous experiences with Buddy's insurance.

Nicole

NicoleSydney, NSW

Improving!

Pet Type(s) InsuredCat

Marina

MarinaPerth, WA

Petplan you are our hero

We have been with Petplan for over 15 years - over the life of a few furbabies and we couldn't be happier. Not the cheapest but they cover GSD breed issues

Number of Pets3 pets
Westie owner

Westie ownerPerth, WA

Premium more than doubled on renewal!!!

My dog's renewal notice just came through at twice the cost of last year (now nudging $2000 pa).
The explanation of the staff was that the risk is priced for individual breeds - but surely they would have known when I took out the policy that I had a higher risk breed? Hugely disappointing...

Claim MadeNo

NOT

NOTSydney, NSW

So Impressive

I have needed to claim twice, this time a significant amount for my 2 year old Cavoodles gastroenteritis which resulted in a 3 night stay at the vet and a rather hefty bill. Both times, my claim has been dealt with in a speedy and efficient fashion and I am so relieved to have received everything back apart from my $150 excess. I am just so impressed with Petplan, well done and thank you!

Claim DateDecember 2019

Debbie Lancaster

Debbie LancasterMid North Coast, NSW

Fantastic cover for our four legged family member

The policy is good value for providing medical for our dog. It was easy to set up and our lodged claims are usually processed within a month of payment. At times the delay in resolving our claim (close to 4weeks) can be a little frustrating, however notification of payment and amount paid is good. We have been with Petplan for 3years. I advise friends and family to look into insurance for their new pet with Petplan as we are happy with the coverage and service.

kidd R.South East Queensland, QLD

Crap don't waste your money.

Was with petplan for 3 years never claimed as there was an excuse for everything not being included. Price increased from $51 a month to $85 a month over night. Customer service is non existent couldn't get through to speak to anyone, wouldn't call back. All about the money they don't care.

Claim MadeNo

TiarneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible

We were with pet plan for 3 years and everytime our policy was up for renewal the monthly premium rose from between $30-$50 a month! The latest rise meant we were paying more for our dog then our own health insurance. When I approached petplan they simple responded with generic emails. Terrible service!

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateDecember 2017
Tiarne

Your staff only ever respond with genetic emails, we have already canceled our policy.

Wendy1036

Wendy1036Perth

So glad I went with Pet Plan.

When I purchased my puppy in February I did lots of research. I was a bit skeptical about Petplan due to some negative reviews and comments re delays in processing claims. Thank god I trusted my gut and went with them. At 10 months of age my puppy needed major surgery. They were so helpful, kind and understanding. I submitted my claims (there were many!) and all were processed within 3 working days. Brilliant customer service. They maybe a bit more expensive than others but as the saying goes you pay peanuts and get monkeys

Teetee Ades

Teetee AdesGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

PetPlan have been amazing. Been with them for 4 years. Only had one claim and it was processed through super quick and was informed via sms and email. Highly recommend.

Carole Haase

Carole HaaseSouth East Queensland, QLD

So happy

I am so happy I have Petplan insurance . Unfortunately I have had many problems with my current dog but they have all been covered by Petplan . The deal with claims quickly . I really wont hesitate to recommend them and match all the research I did when looking for an insurer.

Nadine

NadineSydney, NSW

On point

It came free from our Labrador breeder so great value.
Lodged claim and took a couple of days for the money to come through.
Have been with company for 3 weeks now.

Feedback re service

Submitted a claim and had to continually follow up and provide documents over and over again even though information was provided correctly in the first instance. It was very frustrating.

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Barney H
Barney H

HARA-0006-DC1N-00000001

Useful policy

Initially I had some trouble with Petplan and payment was slow. The last few months, though, there has been a great improvement with very speedy payments and easy application submission.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateDecember 2018

Fiona

FionaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Petplan is amazing !!

We have been with Petplan for 5 years and they have always been amazing. Our dog had a diagnosis of hip displaysia and they have always paid out on all claims without question. I highly recommend them as they have always been helpful and worth the policy amount. I think they are better than my own health insurance which is WAY more expensive.

Insurance reimbursement

No issues at all in getting reimbursed. Quick and professional! I received an sms advising me that the claim had been received and an email to let me know the result.

Dan

DanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Claims Service Is Terrible - Probably The Worst I've Experienced

So far we are still waiting on an outcome for both of our cats claims
It has been back and forth several times, and they don't seem to be able to keep track of the claim or the paperwork, or what cat we are claiming for. They sent an email to a vet asking for history on our cat - which we have never used, and are over 170km away. Given my occupation is Insurance Broker - I thought having Pet Insurance was a must. I am concerned we have wasted our money on this product. Had the policies for 3-4 years and this is our first claim. Disastrous so far . I will be spending time this weekend reviewing the claims, and the PDS.

Pet Type(s) InsuredCat
Claim ApprovedNo

TLH

TLHSouth East Queensland, QLD

Insurance that just works

Policy was easy to set up, just flowed on from complimentary cover provided by breeder. My Border Collie had eye surgery in his first 12 months. Petplan were great paid claim in 1 week. He now has a major joint condition requiring ongoing and sometimes expensive treatment, Petplan, again, have been great all claims settled within 3-4 days.
We have been with Petplan for 2 and a half years and am so happy with the cover. I continue to recommend Petplan to my friends and urge everyone to consider Petpan for their animals

Professor Scott Wright

Claim DateOctober 2018
Claim ApprovedNo

Julie

JulieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Problem fur babies are well catered for with this cover

Number of Pets4 pets
Pet Type(s) InsuredCat and Dog

Ros

Rosasked

Does Petplan cover Cruciate Ligament Conditions ? On this current webpage https://www.productreview.com.au/listings/petplan-pet-insurance-covered-for-life-classic-1 - it says, "Not Included" and the Pet Insurance Policy Booklet does not explicitly mention this.

Hi Ros,

We are proud to have helped many policyholders whose dogs have had Cruciate Ligament issues. However the coverage depends on pre-existing conditions, waiting periods, exclusions and a range of other factors as claims are individually assessed.

Please call us on 1300 738 225 so we can explain this in greater detail.

Charlotte P.

Charlotte P.asked

I have been asked by Murdock veterinary surgery to fill out a pre approval form prior to surgery so i can assess what Petplan will cover... i can't find a form, please can you assist me?

Hi Charlotte,

I’m sorry to hear that your pet needs surgery.

Petplan do not offer a pre-approval service. If you would like to consult a team member please provide your policy number and they will be in contact.

TABasked

When did Guide Dogs Pet Insurance (underwritten by Allianz) become Petplan?

Hi TAB,

Guide Dogs Pet Insurance is no longer underwritten by Allianz or Petplan. We did underwrite their policies for some time, but in 2017 I believe, they moved to another underwriter.

TAB

So my original policy is no longer with the company (Guide Dogs) I chose??? You have not answered the question - when did Guide Dogs give their customers to Petplan.

Hi TAB,

Please provide your policy number so I can be of more assistance.

Petplan Social Team

Get an answer from our members and Petplan representatives