2.9

1,127 reviews

What a relief!

Petplan was recommended to us from the breeder we used and our regular vet. From the moment our Golden Retrieve ate a heap of chocolate.. i knew we definitely needed pet insurance! 1 year last. and our golden retriever ended up with a huge vet bill after ending up in ICU with gastro! Even though we had to outlay the expenses first, Petplan reimbursed us within 2 weeks of lodging our claim (minus the excess of $150) Insurance literally just paid for itself!

Claim DateJuly 2020

Liz

LizSydney, NSW

Relieved

Claim DateJuly 2020

Significant Premium increase :(

We have been with PetPlan for almost 2 years. We have just received our plan renewal and it had increased by 36%. This is very excessive. Call Centre were not able to review our policy or help in any way.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Jodie
Jodie

Policy number - MCNA-0223

Darren Fraser

Darren FraserGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Fantastic

We have been with Petplan for 7 years and are very happy. Very easy to communicate with and any claims have been hassle free and promptly paid each and every time

Laura Ricca

Laura RiccaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best insurance in terms of coverage

Merran Wilson

Merran WilsonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Misinformation & petty beaucrocracy

Felt the policy was good value when I signed up my 8 week puppy. HOWEVER at no stage was I told that the cost (unlike human health insurance) would increase dramatically based on my pets increasing age. I did keep premiums however and finally had an emergency to claim for when she was nearly 8 years old. I was absolutely gobsmacked when I was asked for a full veterinary history!!! I asked why & was told she might have had a pre-existing condition. From prior to 8 weeks old????? And which hasn’t troubled her for 8 years??? Bureaucracy at its best. Claim was however dealt with promptly to give credit where it’s due. However I would have liked to be more informed when closing the policy

Happy Customer

Happy CustomerWestern Australia

Fantastic Cover and piece of mind

Fantastic service. Fast and efficient claims process. Two claims already for our five year old red heeler, both expensive knee surgeries. Petplan was recommended to us by a family member and we have been beyond impressed with them. Only negative is the paperwork claims process. We will be insuring our next pet with Petplan for sure. Great job!

Highly Recommend

No problems at all with Petplan insurance. Processes claims quickly and without question. No hassles. Have looked after our dog through several major surgeries. Highly recommend this company and its products.

Carly S.

Carly S.Sydney, NSW

Perfect plan

Our Vet recommended Petplan for our miniature Dachshund & I’m so happy we’ve stayed with them. Daisy had an incident recently & Petplan was no issue & we received reimbursement so quickly. Thank you Petplan!!!

Claim DateApril 2020

Find out how Petplan compares to other Pet Insurance

Pet plan has been fantastic with all my dogs I have had they are the best .

Policy is great, always pay quickly.
Been with petplan at least 10 years .I have recommended pet plan to many people who also have been very happy with them.
They are fantastic

SuperShopper

SuperShopperSydney, NSW

Claim paid within a week

Jo jo

Jo joHunter Region, NSW

Very happy we have this insurance. No exclusions on ACL repairs

We have been with Pet plan for 6 years. Our Border Collie had complimentary cover from the breeder and we kept the cover going. Petplan pricing is very reasonable in our opinion. The cover is excellent. We have claimed and on each occasion the process was easy and very fast. The claim this year was refunded in 3 days.
We insure our health, and doing the same for our furbaby was has the same.

Claim DateMarch 2020

xDu5ky

xDu5kyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Not great in the long haul

Had 2 Dogs with Pet plan. One for almost 7 years and the other for about 4.

Premiums increased massively. started at 700 ended at over 1500 per pet per year. We had no major claims.

Trying to negotiate it down, figured out that after a certain age your premium goes up and they dont even cover your pet 100%. Even though ots advertised as that. Read the fine print a little bit.

Anyway. cancelled the policy. Might only be worthwhile if you have a high risk pet or live a risky lifestyle.

Please put the money aside or invest it in liquid assets and take care of your pets!!!

SupportPetplan

Not good for long term insurance

Not good for the owner good for insurance. I have been with them long time when My dog get older we have a dental claim was rejected so I cancel insurance with this company So they good to take but when come to claim is easy to just not pay

Claim DateMay 2020
Claim ApprovedNo
Papy
Papy

Thank you but I have canceled my policy kind Regards Andrzej

JasonPerth, WA

Health Cover more Expensive than Humans

I have never lodged a claim with Petplan so am unable to comment on service etc. However my biggest issue is that my premium has risen to from $87/mth to $263/mth being or over 200%. The cost of the policy no equates to 35% of the maximum benefit for the year which is rediculous. In addition I have a 20% loading due to dog age. Like all comments I have read, the policy starts reasonable and then gets to the point where you are forced to cancel the policy. Caring for animals..... only when its profitable.

My policy is Burn-0103-DC1-00000002

Busy K.

Busy K.Sydney, NSW

Ditching the PetPlan insurance

Petplan was good until pets got older and I feel ‘older’ pets deserve to be treated the same as young pets. Especially when you are a long standing customer 10years +
Also I hardly ever had to use their services but wanted to keep the plan just in case.
The insurance costs somehow creeped up on a regular basis and have skyrocketed to almost $100 per month for two pets. When I spend $200 I received only $35. I’m cancelling the cover and saving my money!
I am glad some customers are happy but just wait when your beloved cat or dog etc is over 10 years old.

Feliss

FelissGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

I submitted a one star review. Then wow, three five star reviews pop up. All posters have written only one review. Avoid

Don’t be fooled

Petplan was great for the first few years but all of a sudden decided to increase monthly payments by 60% . Our dog is only 3 years old with no health conditions! if we knew this we would have gone elsewhere in the first place. I’ll be going back to my vet who recommended them and tell them to stop recommending them. Looks like we’re cancelling as well.

Lore

LorePerth, WA

Should be awarded a SHONKY and put into the hall of shame

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateJune 2017
Rae

RaeGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Happy fur babies and mum

Great company !! Have been with Petplan for 8 years and they have always honoured their word, and been punctual in answering any questions and refunds . Would highly recommend Petplan. Always send text and email when claim is in and when funds are in your account .

Claim DateJanuary 2020