Cheryl Dewis

Cheryl DewisSydney, NSW

Protect your loved one

With Petplan for over 3 years since my kitty was 3 months old. Glad that I got him a policy plan, his vet bills for his skin conditions has been fully covered. It takes a lot of financial stress off me.
Generally it does not take long for the claim comes back after the form been lodged.
Recommend it.

Pet Type(s) InsuredCat

kirsty_mungly

kirsty_munglyMelbourne

Excellent value and great service

The policy has been of excellent value. I initially has been hesitant about getting pet insurance but found that within a few months of joining Petplan I've made 6 claims due to my pet's ongoing condition.
It has been a peace of mind knowing that I've paid for X-rays and medical exams and that it was all covered and that there had been no fuss with getting my reimbursements organised promptly within 1 week via the straightforward and simple online claim process.

Sarah D.

Sarah D.Perth, WA

Peace of mind during emergency vet visits

We have two middle-aged Labradors who have needed emergency veterinary procedures several times during the past 6 years. We have had Petplan insurance for both of the dogs since they were puppies and have never had to worry about being able to afford the vet fees.
The claims have been always paid promptly and fairly.
I would recommend all pet owners insure their pets for their peace of mind.

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks

Paul

PaulSydney, NSW

Worth every dollar

Highly recommend for dog owners. It is a real peace of mind to have the policy at hand. We have been with Petplan for 5 years or pretty much since we have our dog. We claimed it twice and there is no fuss about doing it at all. It is really straightforward to set up a policy with them and very easy to make a claim.

Stew

StewNew South Wales

A happy dog and financial piece of mind.

Even though my dog is only 10 months old she required major surgery on her hip to alleviate constant pain. Having Petplan insurance meant that I could concentrate on my pups well being without the stress of how to pay for her procedure.

Lauren

LaurenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Amazing!

I have had my 2 dogs covered with Petplan for well over 10 years. My claims are processed promptly & fairly. My oldest boy wouldn't be alive today if it wasn't for their coverage of his ongoing treatment & medications (a mix of conventional & alternative therapy). The customer service representatives are always a pleasure to talk to and are always helpful. Thank you so much Petplan - your insurance reduces a lot of the stress that comes with my fur babies being in their senior years.

Sal

SalGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Husband describes it as "marriage insurance"!

I've been delighted with the service. All claims have been resolved promptly and with no issues and very few gaps on expenses, so ends up being great value. We've made multiple claims for both pets ranging from joint issues (with rehab) to allergies and various other illnesses and have had no issues from PetPlan when a claim is submitted. I've been with PetPlan for nearly 7 years and would highly recommend them to anyone. My vet recommended them to me and I'm so glad they did! It takes the stress out of treatment options knowing PetPlan are there to help ease the burden so I'm able to focus on what's most important - looking after my fur babies!

Kayak Fun

Kayak Fun

Thank Goodness for Petplan!

Although pricing has increased since I first started when Lyla was a pup, the customer service is fantastic. It was easy to get the quote and start the policy. The claims I submit are acknowledged and processed in within a week, sometimes a bit longer depending on their demands. I feel so relieved that if Lyla is sick or in an emergency, I can take her to a vet without stressing about whether I can afford to take her in case she needs treatment. The only concern I have is that I have to find the money first to pay for her treatment. I have been with Petplan for almost 4 years now and highly recommend it. It's just peace of mind!

Leanne Mifsud

Leanne MifsudSydney, NSW

Very pleased

Overall we were very happy with all our dealings with Petplan, our claim was handled in a timely and efficient manner. People that we spoke with or emailed were very helpful.

Julie Watson

Julie WatsonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent coverage

It was easy to set up our policy and lodge a claim through our emails. We have been with the insurance since August 2017 when Lola was only a couple of months old.

SupportPetplan

So happy we took out this policy

My dog was recently diagnosed with Elbow Dysplasia which was unexpected and upsetting. But Petplan has covered all of her expenses so far and have made a stressful situation so much easier. I highly recommend Petplan.

Mark O

Mark OAU

Great value and excellent service

Very easy to set up and friendly staff
Each time we have made a claim it’s been resolved in a timely manner
2 years now as our pappy is only 2 years old

Nicole Strong

Nicole StrongSydney, NSW

Awesome best thing we ever did

Claims getting heaps faster process a lot more streamlined great response from team always very pleasant and totally helpful
Have been using them since 2007 and always recommend to anyone

Ria

RiaSouth East Queensland, QLD

a must-have!

Our french bulldog has a few health issues (blood in stool, skin allergies) and we've had quite a number of visits to the vet. It's a good thing we have Pet Plan to cover all the vet bills.

Review collected in partnership with Petplan

Definitely worth having pet insurance with Petplan

Overall the policy has been good value for us. My only quibble is that there seems to be an inconsistency in applying excess. I have called about this in the past to get more information but my call wasn’t returned.We have had our dog covered since he was 8 weeks old, he is now almost 7. Unfortunately he has developed a couple of ongoing health issues which we are covered for by Petplan. This is an enormous help to us in managing his ongoing care. We have lodged numerous claims and they are generally resolved within a few weeks. My most recent claims have been resolved within 1 week.

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks

So far so good ;)

The customer service is lovely. Each time I've called the staff member on the other end has been empathetic, attentive and efficient. Each of our claims have been assessed fairly and refunded within a reasonable time frame. Emails are responded to within a timely manner also. My only upset is that the wait time for the call centre can be quite lengthy which is frustrating hence why only four stars instead of five.

Karri Christie

Karri ChristiePerth, WA

Fantastic service and prompt payment.

We have been with Petplan for 7 years. We have had two big claims, which were promptly paid with no hassles. I highly recommend using Petplan for your pet insurance.

Chnatelle

ChnatelleQueensland

Horrible

I’ve had a horrible encounter with Petplan too. I bought a purebred kitten and came with six weeks pet insurance. Two weeks after I bought her she developed skin condition, I submitted my claim but it was “lost” or they said it wasn’t received. I had to re-email my details multiple times and eventually submit a complaint to get my case looked at months later. I finally get the email back and it says I’m not eligible for any money back. Despite not getting money back, it would have been nice to know this months ago.

Pet Type(s) InsuredCat
Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateJune 2019
Claim ApprovedNo

Hannah

HannahWestern Australia

Can't recommend enough

I cannot recommend Petplan enough! They have been fantastic paying any claims over the last four years, from covering emergency vet visits to allergies. Just the other week we found our dog playing with a tiger snake in the backyard, and rushed him to the vet. It gave me so much peace of mind to know that he could get the testing and treatment he needed because I knew Petplan would reimburse us the cost. Every claim I have ever submitted was reviewed and processed in less than a week, with the money going straight back in to my account.

Claim processed speedily

With 48 hours I had heard my claim was processed. This is really good service. What more can I say to fill in 30 words maybe five more words will do it.

Charlotte P.

Charlotte P.asked

I have been asked by Murdock veterinary surgery to fill out a pre approval form prior to surgery so i can assess what Petplan will cover... i can't find a form, please can you assist me?

Hi Charlotte,

I’m sorry to hear that your pet needs surgery.

Petplan do not offer a pre-approval service. If you would like to consult a team member please provide your policy number and they will be in contact.

TABasked

When did Guide Dogs Pet Insurance (underwritten by Allianz) become Petplan?

Hi TAB,

Guide Dogs Pet Insurance is no longer underwritten by Allianz or Petplan. We did underwrite their policies for some time, but in 2017 I believe, they moved to another underwriter.

TAB

So my original policy is no longer with the company (Guide Dogs) I chose??? You have not answered the question - when did Guide Dogs give their customers to Petplan.

Hi TAB,

Please provide your policy number so I can be of more assistance.

Michael C.asked

If your dog dies during the period of insurance is there any refund for the remaining period of the year, or are subsequent monthly instalments stopped? What is the procedure on the death of a dog?

Michelle Scott
Michelle Scott

My understanding is that it's an annual contract and remaining months are deducted from the nominated compensation amount.

Michael C.

That is my reading of it too, though I have never even made a claim, let alone have a dog die 3 months into the contract year.

Hi Michael,

The accounts department will reimburse any amount that’s remaining on the policy from the date of death if it has been paid out in full for the year, or if there have been instalments taken out since the date of death.

The policy can be cancelled if the pet dies, and we will still consider claims as long as the treatments are dated whilst the policy was active. If the policy was not active during the treatment dates then we will not consider the claims.

In summary, for cats and dogs the policy is cancelled from date of death and policyholders do not need to pay the policy out and can lodge any claims up until date of death.

Petplan Social Team

Get an answer from our members and Petplan representatives

Petplan Pet Insurance - 12 Months Essential Plan

Petplan Pet Insurance - 12 Months Essential Plan

Petplan Pet Insurance - Covered For Life Classic 1 (Dogs)

Petplan Pet Insurance - Covered For Life Classic 1 (Dogs)

Petplan Pet Insurance - Covered For Life Classic 1 (Cats)

Petplan Pet Insurance - Covered For Life Classic 1 (Cats)

Petplan Pet Insurance - Covered For Life Classic 2 (Cats)

Petplan Pet Insurance - Covered For Life Classic 2 (Cats)

No reviews
Petplan Pet Insurance - Covered For Life Classic 2 (Dogs)

Petplan Pet Insurance - Covered For Life Classic 2 (Dogs)

Petplan Pet Insurance - Covered For Life Ultimate (Cats)

Petplan Pet Insurance - Covered For Life Ultimate (Cats)

Petplan Pet Insurance - Covered For Life Ultimate (Dogs)

Petplan Pet Insurance - Covered For Life Ultimate (Dogs)

CategoryPet InsurancePet InsurancePet InsurancePet InsurancePet InsurancePet InsurancePet Insurance
Contact Number 1300738225130073822513007382251300738225130073822513007382251300738225
UnderwriterLloyd'sLloyd'sLloyd'sLloyd'sLloyd'sLloyd'sLloyd's
Annual Benefit Limit$7,000$10,000$9,000$10,000$15,000$15,000$20,000
Amount of Vet Bill CoveredUp to 80%Up to 75%Up to 75%Up to 75%Up to 75%Up to 75%Up to 75%
Minimum Pet Age 8 weeks8 weeks8 weeks8 weeks8 weeks8 weeks8 weeks
Accidental Injury CoverIncludedIncludedIncludedIncludedIncludedIncludedIncluded
Illness CoverIncludedIncludedIncludedIncludedIncludedIncludedIncluded
Routine Care CoverNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Tick ParalysisIncluded (not limited to a set amount or number of incidents per year)Included (not limited to a set amount or number of incidents per year)Included (not limited to a set amount or number of incidents per year)Included (not limited to a set amount or number of incidents per year)Included (not limited to a set amount or number of incidents per year)Included (not limited to a set amount or number of incidents per year)Included (not limited to a set amount or number of incidents per year)
Emergency Boarding Fees$1,000$1,000$500$500$1,000$2,000$2,000
Lifetime Cover Not IncludedIncludedIncludedIncludedIncludedIncludedIncluded
Cooling Off Period21 Days21 Days21 Days21 Days21 Days21 Days21 Days
Consultation FeesUp to $1,000 (included in Complementary Treatment & Alternative Therapy cover) & $7,000 (included in Veterinary Fee cover)Up to $2,000 (included in Complementary Treatment & Alternative Therapy cover) & $10,000 (included in Veterinary Fee cover)Up to $2,000 (included in Complementary Treatment & Alternative Therapy cover) & $9,000 (included in Veterinary Fee cover)Up to $2,000 (included in Complementary Treatment & Alternative Therapy cover) & $10,000 (included in Veterinary Fee cover)Up to $2,000 (included in Complementary Treatment & Alternative Therapy cover) & $15,000 (included in Veterinary Fee cover)Up to $4,000 (included in Complementary Treatment & Alternative Therapy cover) & $15,000 (included in Veterinary Fee cover)Up to $4,000 (included in Complementary Treatment & Alternative Therapy cover) & $20,000 (included in Veterinary Fee cover)
Cruciate Ligament ConditionsNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Waiting Period for Illness 21 Days21 Days21 Days21 Days21 Days21 Days21 Days