PetSecure
See the Best Pet Insurance in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by PetSecure

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (51)
    • 1-2 weeks (55)
    • 2-4 weeks (24)
    • 1-2 months (2)
    • 3+ months (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (123) · No (2)

Works very well and gives you peace of mind.

Good value and easy to set up.
Claims are always settled promptly and if there is a problem they try very hard to help you. I have been with this company for more than twenty years and have been happy to recommend them to others.

Janeway65
Janeway65

So grateful we have Pet Secure

To know that we had the ability to do all we could for our dog when he was critically ill was such a relief. We have all of our pets insured and whenever we need to make a claim it is so easy . 85% of our vet bill back in our account within a week . Wouldn’t be without it

Therese S.
Therese S.Illawarra, NSW

Peace of mind

I’ve been with PetSecure for 7.5 years. They have always been fair and fast with claims. All in all a very easy process. I have 2 Cavaliers so I feel pet insurance is essential.

Tania Barrett
Tania BarrettCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

PetSecure pet insurance

I constantly have my dog at the vet and PetSecure is a godsend! It gives me peace of mind that a % of my vet bills are covered by pet insurance. They are extremely quick to pay! I highly recommend them!

Lambert
Lambert

If you own pet, you definitely need insurance for those expenses you will have difficulty with

Although the premiums keep increasing, the policies were easy to setup and more importantly gave me peace of mind. Your pets soon become a part of your family. Any problems with claims were easy to resolve. Need to carefully study the PDS though.
I have had association with Petsecure for well over a decade with all 3 of my dogs insured with them.
I have not received any kind of remuneration for describing my experience with Petsecure.

Claim Made Yes

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Stuart
StuartPerth, WA

Just got renewal increase....VERY VERY expensive and not willing to consider help with premium

disappointed
disappointed

AMAZING WHEN YOU NEED IT

Initially, it was easy to set up. They are very quick to resolve a claim usually within a few days of receipt. We have been with Petsecure for 10+ years. It has become very expensive but when needed it was invaluable.

Justiceforanimals
JusticeforanimalsSouth East Queensland, QLD

We would be lost without this insurance!

Our policy has definitely been value for money and was there for us when we needed it the most. We have been with Petsecure for a few years now. We nearly lost our girl to an internal bleed, the experience was extremely stressful. The last thing we needed was a huge bill on top of it all. Knowing we had pet insurance gave us that piece of mind and relieved the financial stress. I would highly recommend Petsecure.

shalone
shalonePerth, WA

You won't be disappointed

We have been with PetSecure for many years and their response to claims are immediate with direct payments into our bank account. Explanatory letters follow in the mail. On the rare times I've rang they have been compassionate and understanding of our pet and of our financial situation on one occasion.
I highly recommend PetSecure to any person wanting cover for their furbaby.

Helen M.
Helen M.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Rip off, don't look after long term customers

Persecute have paid the few times I've claimed, but the premium went from $50 to $70 then last year when Polly turned 11yrs it went to $135 per month and this year they now demand $169 per month. Shes never been sick.. feel totally ripped off. Looking elsewhere..

Claim Made No
Toni hall
Toni hallSouth East Queensland, QLD

So glad I have pet insurance

I have had pet insurance with this company for over 10 years and have had 4 dogs insured. Claime was lodged on the 26 January 2021 and processed on the 8 February 2021. Receiving 85% of a $3500 vet bill was absolutely fantastic

Hayley Patterson
Hayley PattersonCentral Queensland, QLD

Great value for money.

Petsecure have paid promptly and without fuss. The last two claims have been quite expensive and traumatic for us. Our little one was sick and then injured. Its good to know they've got you covered

Having PetSecure meant we could treat our dogs cancer

I have had a policy with PetSecure for my 11 year old dog since she came home. Like lots of people I questioned whether the premiums were worth it over the years, having only claimed a few times. That was until she was diagnosed with an aggressive hemangiosarcoma a few months ago. She needed surgery to remove the tumour, follow up wound care and has now started on chemotherapy. Without this policy we would have had to say goodbye to our beloved girl by now as we would not have been able to afford her treatment. Claims are processed quickly. Hoping a system similar to HICAPS is introduced in the future.

Alyson VonderlundtAU

Never had a problem

Alyson Vonderlundt

Just an update on my previous review - since I wrote it the web site has had a complete overhaul and is now extremely user friendly with no login issues. I have a variety of browsers and have had no issues with any of them.

Other Pet Insurance

We haven’t had a problem when needing to claim

All good been with company years and have about 8 animals insured with you claims have been good that can be done through the vet and on Computer
Makes things easier and more efficient

Read more reviews - page 2

Dave
Daveasked
Accident Cover

If my 1 year old puppy has previously broken a bone in one of its front legs and had metal plate put in. Would this be covered in future if the dog has a new break on the same front leg?

Edna H.
Edna H.asked
PetSecure

what is the cost for full coverage for 2 chiwawahs?

Liz W.PetSecure

Hi Edna, thank you for your question! The best thing to do is to go online and get your personal quote for your 2 dogs. There are a few variables, like the age of the pet and the cover you choose, which will affect the premium. visit www.petsecure.com.au to get a quick quote. You can also call 1300 855 160 and we can give you a quote over the phone.

Masniah W.
Masniah W.

I am not happy at all because i pay 5k for surgery and not cover and i was told it pre existing condition. but i was on insurance when she first start having the incontinent and i have not yet claim until this big surgery happened. so to me no point having insurance if it not even cover for int medicine. so if i have to pay 10K i won't get some back. so what the point paying 37 a month that just waste of money.

Liz W.PetSecure

Hi Masniah - thank you for your feed back - the underwriter would have reviewed the vet history of your pet to come to the decision - but if you private message me your policy details I will look into your claim. However it is correct that pre-existing conditions are excluded - this is because insurance is intended to cover unexpected events, and if the condition already exists then it would not be an unexpected event. You can also email me the details at liz@petsecure.com.au Regards, Liz

Pippin
Pippinasked
PetSecure

My dog ( Papillion) has very early stage spinal degeneration......7 years old No slipped discs etc and no need for surgery.
Would he be covered

Liz W.PetSecure

Hi Pippin, this sounds like this is a pre- existing condition which means it would not be covered. He can only be covered for illnesses that are not pre- existing. Kind regards Liz

Get an answer from our members and PetSecure representatives

Compare both PetSecure
Accidental Injury Cover IncludedIncluded
Illness CoverNot IncludedIncluded
Routine Care CoverOptional ExtraOptional Extra
Tick ParalysisNot Included$500
Emergency Boarding Fees$500 if you are hospitalised for 5 or more consecutive days$500 if you are hospitalised for 5 or more consecutive days
Lifetime Cover IncludedIncluded