Pet Insurance Buying Guide

If you're a pet owner, you probably agree there’s nothing worse than your dog or cat getting sick or hurt. But what happens when vet bills are sky high? Pet insurance can grant you peace of mind, helping your pet get the treatment they deserve, without sending you broke.

Read now

4.1

Glad we have it

I have had my 2 cavaliers with Petsecure since 2009. During this time petsecure have quickly paid claims, even ones that I had missed putting in and were 18months old. I have received value for money. I have had one dog with Syringomyelia and all tests including MRI scan, and flights to Sydney covered for diagnosis and treatment. both have with MVD and again no issues with claiming. Have also had one with a broken hip and one who choked on a chicken bone needing emergency surgery to remove,These aren't the only claims over the years, but the most expensive. Note: 1 dog now deceased
Policy from what I remember was extremely easy to set up and has been easy to claim from. No arguments or refusal to pay.

Review collected in partnership with PetSecure

The process was slow and frustrating.

We've been with Petsecure for a couple of years. Will stay with them even though there was a few little problems lodging our claim. Hopefully they'll improve with the process. We were happy with setting up the policy over the phone.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateJune 2020
Number of Pets3 pets
Pet Type(s) InsuredCat

James Kelly

James KellyPerth, WA

Highly recommended company.

User friendly website to submit claims which is awesome and it takes 7 days to receive your claims provided all documents are submitted properly.Helpful team as well so all good so far.I have been with Pet secure for the past 10 years never had any issues with them so thank you.

Claim DateSeptember 2020
Liz W.PetSecure

Thanks very much James for your review. We are pleased to hear that you are so happy with our service! And thank you for your loyalty over the past 10 years. We hope you and your pet are staying safe!

kathie

kathieMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Would not be without it.

With two loved Golden Retrievers I am rarely out of pocket. Great value and annual premiums paid for after one or two claims! Wish human private insurance was as good!

Liz W.PetSecure

Hi Kathie, thank you so much for your review. So good to hear that you are happy with your policy. I hope you and your two dogs are safe and well.

Nicole Miethke

Nicole MiethkeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fast and easy claim process

Fast and easy claim process and payment which helps a lot when your pet has an accident. I have been with them for over 3 years. Good value for money

Liz W.PetSecure

Hi Nicole - thank you very much for your review. So pleased to hear you are happy with the cover and service. Thank you also for your loyalty over the past 3 years.

Yasinta

Yasinta

Fast and hassle free

Very great company. Easy to.claim when we needed the most. We got the claim approved and money received within 48 hours
Greatly appreciated.

Nearly 6 years with company and Infins it has a very good value

Liz W.PetSecure

Hi Yasinta - thanks for your review. We are so pleased to hear you are happy with your policy. Hope you and your pet are safe and well. Liz

ROSLYN

ROSLYNSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very happy!

I lodged my claim online through the PetSecure portal which was easy. Reimbursement was made direct into my account very quickly after providing the required documents so I'm very happy.

Liz W.PetSecure

Thanks very much for your great review Roslyn!

Jennifer Williamson

Jennifer WilliamsonSouth East Queensland, QLD

The Insurance has saved the lives of 2 of my dogs I wouldn't be without it

When you are faced with your buddy being put to sleep or paying a lot of money to keep it alive it is a God send to have pet insurance. It has saved me the horrible choice on a number of occasions. I have been with Pet Secure now for a over a decade and have never had a bad experience.

Liz W.PetSecure

Hi Jennifer, thank you so much for your review. We are pleased to hear that Petsecure has been able to "come to the rescue". Thank you for your loyalty over the past 10 years. Stay safe!

Robyn Felman

Robyn FelmanGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Fantastic .. great service

I felt with three dogs , the policy is quite expensive and I feel there should be a discount for each additional dog that you include. This way people with more than one dog will be more likely to be able to afford pet insurance

Number of Pets3 pets

SM1974

SM1974Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Super easy & Super quick

Lodging a claim online is super easy and then the turnaround time to receive my rebate has been maximum of 3 days. Being with PetSecure has definitely given me peace of mind knowing that if something goes wrong I can afford to do it and more importantly keep my pet healthy.

Pet Type(s) InsuredCat
Liz W.PetSecure

HI! Thanks so much for your review - great to hear that having Petsecure Pet Insurance in place has given you some peace of mind! Warm regards, Liz

Princess Li

Princess LiPerth, WA

I am SO happy we took out insurance with PetSecure!!

We have a rescue Shar Pei Cross. We decided to take insurance, so we never have to worry about $$ if he is ever sick. So far we have made a few claims, all were made easily, no issues, no problems. Paid in a very reasonable time.
No hassle insurance for peace of mind is what we pay for, and it is exactly what we got. Super happy and 100% recommending!
Thank you PetSecure!

Liz W.PetSecure

Hi Princess Li - thank you so much for your lovely review. Hope you and your Shar Pei Cross are happy, healthy and safe!

Best decision I made!

Fantastic company! Always paid out claims even a huge 5k one when my girl was in emergency overnight. Fantastic and prompt customer service! Look no further! They have even waived my fees out of goodwill twice for me (for 2-3 months) because of financial difficulty due to the coronavirus. Could not fault them honestly the best pet insurance company.
I am forever grateful. Thank you

Liz W.PetSecure

Hi Ashlee - we very much appreciate your positive review and we’re pleased to hear you’re happy with our service. Sorry to hear your girl had an emergency event. Very stressful. Hope all is well now. Warm regards, Liz

Therese S.

Therese S.Illawarra, NSW

Very easy process

I have 2 policies for my dogs. I haven’t had any issues claiming and have had a continuous update about my claims. It’s a very easy process and relatively fast. Only problem has been getting in contact to change details etc,during this Covid time. I chose to email the company and it was a very quick response with thorough help.
Thankyou. It is great to know I have cover when needed.

Douglas Spiers

Douglas SpiersGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

A good product

Rapid response and payment of claim. A straight forward process with the assistance of the Vet. The Policy has been in place for around 5 Years without any problems. While claims have been rare, it was fortunate that we were covered on this occasion considering the procedure that was required for our dog.

Claim DateMarch 2020

colleenq

colleenq

pet insurance

It was very quick and easy Thankyou we were pleased with the rebate . Found them easy to deal with . The policy was easy to set up.I have been with the company 15months

Claim DateJuly 2020
Liz W.PetSecure

Hi colleenq - t hank you very much for your review. We are pleased to hear that you were happy with your rebate and that we have been easy to deal with. I hope you and your dog are keeping safe. Warm regards, Liz

Baxter14

Baxter14

Reliable and there when needed

We have been with Petsecure since our Golden Retriever was 12 weeks old. Baxter had been blessed with good health and we had only made the old claim for small things like skin irritations and ear infections - each of these claims went smoothly and were handled in a timely manor. Unfortunate at the beginning of this year Baxter started to have issues with his hind legs and in April we found out he needed bilateral ACL repairs. Persecute were very helpful during this time and gave us pre approval for the claim. This was very reassuring during a financially stressful time and meant that we knew we could do the best for our boy.
Petsecure are timely in their communications and very compassionate to deal with. Highly recommended!

Review collected in partnership with PetSecure

I caint imagine being without pet insurance, it’s fantastic.

This time 8yrs, but we have had petsecure for another of our pets quite a few years ago. They have always been prompt with their refunds,. Over the years I have have found no fault with them.

Claim DateJune 2020
Liz W.PetSecure

Hi Merrilyn - thank you so much for your positive review. We very much appreciate your loyalty - and are pleased to hear you are happy with the service. We hope you and your dog are keeping safe. Warm regards, LIz

Review collected in partnership with PetSecure

Very Glad we have Pet Secure Insurance.

We have been with Pet Secure for about 5 1/2 years, Bella was a Rescue Dog, soon after we got her she started to Have Seizures, The Local Vet did all they could for her and recommended her to a Dog Neurologist
who took over Bella's care, she is on Lots of Medication every day 14tablets daily, but luckily no more Seizures, So we are very lucky to be with Pet Secure because there are lots of Bills for Medication and Vet Visits.
As soon as Pet Secure receives out Bills they reply to let us know that they have received our Claim then a few days Later we get a Cheque or the Money paid Directly into our Bank.

Bella is a Golden Retreiver.

Number of Pets-1 pets
Liz W.PetSecure

Hi Leonard, thank you very much for your review. It's good to know that Bella can continue to have the care she deserves to keep her safe and happy into her old age. Warm regards, Liz

Ang

AngPeel, WA

Excellent company!

We rescued our Labrador cross Mastiff as a pup she’s nine years old now. We insured her with Pet Secure as soon as we got her 9 year ago.
We are very happy with Pet Secures service with prompt refunds. So happy we insured our dog with Pet Secure.

Claim MadeNo
Liz W.PetSecure

Hi Ang, Aww so lovely that you have a rescue dog - they are the BEST! Thank you for your great review, and your long term loyalty. It is much appreciated. Warm regards, Liz

Terry

TerrySouth East Queensland, QLD

Great Cover

Been with PetSecure Insurance for ages, always prompt to acknowledge receipt of any claim. Then quick to pay. Great Cover, well worth having. As your pet gets older vets are more regular.

Liz W.PetSecure

Hi Terry, thank you very much for your review - really appreciate your loyalty and very happy to hear that you are happy with Petsecure claims service. I hope you and your dog are staying safe and well. Warm regards, Liz

Edna H.

Edna H.asked

PetSecure

what is the cost for full coverage for 2 chiwawahs?

Liz W.PetSecure

Hi Edna, thank you for your question! The best thing to do is to go online and get your personal quote for your 2 dogs. There are a few variables, like the age of the pet and the cover you choose, which will affect the premium. visit www.petsecure.com.au to get a quick quote. You can also call 1300 855 160 and we can give you a quote over the phone.

Masniah W.
Masniah W.

I am not happy at all because i pay 5k for surgery and not cover and i was told it pre existing condition. but i was on insurance when she first start having the incontinent and i have not yet claim until this big surgery happened. so to me no point having insurance if it not even cover for int medicine. so if i have to pay 10K i won't get some back. so what the point paying 37 a month that just waste of money.

Liz W.PetSecure

Hi Masniah - thank you for your feed back - the underwriter would have reviewed the vet history of your pet to come to the decision - but if you private message me your policy details I will look into your claim. However it is correct that pre-existing conditions are excluded - this is because insurance is intended to cover unexpected events, and if the condition already exists then it would not be an unexpected event. You can also email me the details at liz@petsecure.com.au Regards, Liz

Pippin

Pippinasked

PetSecure

My dog ( Papillion) has very early stage spinal degeneration......7 years old No slipped discs etc and no need for surgery.
Would he be covered

Liz W.PetSecure

Hi Pippin, this sounds like this is a pre- existing condition which means it would not be covered. He can only be covered for illnesses that are not pre- existing. Kind regards Liz

sammy

sammyasked

PetSecure

Why is the phone no cutting out every time I ring and hold for a long time? I am wanting to get pet insurance.

Liz W.PetSecure

Hello Sammy - thank you for your feedback- we are not aware of a problem with the phone but will check it on Monday to make sure it’s working - if you would like to email me your phone number we can call you on Monday. My email is liz@petsecure.com.au - kind regards Liz

Get an answer from our members and PetSecure representatives