Listing monitored by Phil Hoffmann Travel

• Trip Completed Yes (47) · No (55)
  • Ease of Booking

JojoMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Poor treatment from reputable travel company.

Refund for cancelled trip to India booked in February 2020 dragging on far too long. Expected refund this February, this never happened. Then we were told we would have to wait until April, still no refund. After ringing the Glenelg office yesterday I was fobbed off again, promise of yet another phone call. No communication ever to advise us how things were progressing, it has been up to me and my travel partner to keep checking in. We are both ladies in our eighties and really feel we should be treated with a little more respect.

Thank you, link helpful.

Dorothy and Gregg Hewitt
Dorothy and Gregg HewittMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Compassionate and Caring Staff Member

We recently had to cancel a trip at short notice we explained the situation to our Consultant Stuart and he was straight onto it and advised us what we needed to do in the hope of getting a credit on compassionate grounds.
Thanks to Stuart’s compassionate and caring nature and due to the way he advocated for us we were advised that we received a credit.
Stuart always does an amazing job and nothing is an effort he is a credit to the Phil Hoffman name.

Customer care that goes beyond our expectations, which after over 40 years of travelling are on the high side!

During this year of Covid disruptions, the team at PHT Hyde Park have delivered exceptional service. Dallas, Jenny and Joanne are 3 staff who have supported our needs. They work seamlessly and take time to record every detail, there is never a need to rehash the details. Dallas in particular takes time and trouble to ensure our preferences are taken into account, and has never failed to get back to us the same day. We highly recommend the organised, principled, detailed, friendly and respectful manner in which business is conducted. We will happily continue to use PHT as our travel provider. Steve and Dominie Nelson.

Lil
LilMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Easy and friendly to deal with

I have been dealing with Bernadette at the PHT Modbury branch to help me with a cruise we had booked which was cancelled due to Covid. Bernadette's advice and help was second to none and she honestly went out of her way to help us to obtain the best outcome. Would recommend talking with Bernadette if looking at booking at trip once the world is again open to travel

Debbie H
Debbie HMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Kerri Hanisch - Modbury

We have been travelling overseas every year for over 20 years, but it wasn't until PHT opened at Modbury that we decided to try PHT, and our consultant was Kerri Hanisch. Oh what a difference, the personal service, attention to detail and extra time taken to tailor each of our holidays to our unique taste and interests was overwhelming. We would never go to any other Travel Agent, just wish we had switch years earlier, Covid 19 has effected three of our 2020 holidays but Kerri has always been quick to notify us of the changes and handled everything for us.

Craig C.
Craig C.Central, SA

Laura Martino - Barossa PHT Office

Throughout the process of planning a trip (Group Booking) to Indonesia Laura's organisation and professionalism was impeccable. Even though the final holiday did not go ahead due to COVID, Laura's services both pre and post COVID were so very much appreciated. She worked hard to ensure I was communicated to regularly and both her and PHT could not be faulted on their professionalism and excellent customer service. Highly recommend Laura and Phil Hoffmann Travel when organising travel arrangements.

Craig

Peter
PeterMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Bernadatte Boyce is always there to help out.

We have been using the expert services of Bernadette at PHT at Modbury for many years. She is always so friendly helpful and very knowledgeable on the many places over the world we have travelled to. She always is there for us. Even in the present troubles she has been able to help sort out our concerns. We could say more however other reviews say it all about Bernadette and PHT.
Thanks for all you have done for us.
Robin and Peter.

Lea M.
Lea M.Central, SA

Very professional and helpful

Bernadette at Phil Hoffmann Travel was our saviour in cancelling our holiday due to Covid19. She was amazing and professional and successful in getting 98% of our money back. We appreciate all her hard work.

Trip Completed No
Booking TypeAccommodation, Cruise, Flights, Insurance and Tour

I would highly recommend Laura Martino to assist with arranging holidays and tours in the future.

Laura Martino has been a great sources of assistance as we have organised our cruising holiday. This holiday was sadly cancelled due to Covid closures. We have found Laura to be professional as well as friendly and helpful and have no hesitation to recommend her to our friends or to seek her assistance again in the future.

Sarina Carter - PHT Modbury

I would like to thank Sarina Carter PHT Modbury for her help with refunds/credits when we cancelled our holiday.
She was always very patient with our numerous enquires during these extraordinary times.

Kerri Hanisch - PHT MODBURY

Lloyd
LloydMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Phil Hoffman Travel - Bernadette Boyce

Bernadette Boyce has always given excellent service.

I have been booking trips to the United States with Bernadette Boyce for several years and have always found my trips have gone smoothly because of the effort Bernadette puts into details.
I always require certain seats and Bernadette has always managed to obtain these for me.
She is polite, friendly and very professional. I was booked to go to California in May this year but of course had to cancel because of the pandemic. I was delighted that Bernadette obtained a refund for me.
I hope to be able travel again as soon as it is safe and borders open up, I shall certainly be booking with Bernadette. Thank you for all your help in the past.
Loraine

Rolf F.
Rolf F.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

PHT (Modbury) and especially Sarina have looked after our holiday bookings for approx.% years. In that time we have been extremely happy with the service. Sarina has been most helpful with all bookings cancellations and credits. She is a delight to do business with and we hope to do much more in the near future.
Linda and Rolf Frund

macgolfirons
macgolfironsMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Always goes the extra mile!!!

Have always had great service from the staff at Phil Hoffmann Travel Modbury (in particular Bernadette Boyce). We have never encountered any unexpected fees or charges, and the transition from a postponed booking to a new booking was made ease and with little or no stress.

Read more reviews - page 2

Lena
Lenaasked

On the 16th March 2020 i was booked to go to New Zealand. On the 14th March New Zealand Prime Minister put travel restrictions, due to Covid -19, therefore, I could not travel. Phil Hoffman will only return 50% refund or a voucher. Now I need to book in March 2021 whether things are back to normal or not otherwise I loose my money. As they have the bargaining power I have no option but to agree otherwise I loose my money they will be holding. Is that fair? If things are not back to normal, and can not I travel, I will be loosing more money.
I am willing to pay any reasonable expenses incurred but not 50% fees what they are asking. The car hire company and my hotel accommodations have waived all cancellation fees then why are they/supplier charging 50% fees?
Am I entitled to a refund due to government restrictions? Please bear in mind I DID NOT CANCEL.

Thanking you

Lena

Hi Lena,

I'm sorrry to read that your holiday arrangements have been impacted by COVID-19. Would you please contact me directly via email customerservice@pht.com.au so I can look into your specific booking arrangements?

For general advice Phil Hoffmann Travel and third party operators (travel suppliers) are working within the guidelines of the Australian Consumer and Competition Commission (ACCC) and the Australian Federation of Travel Agents (AFTA) to offer you a refund or other remedy, such as a credit note or voucher.

Please refer to the following links for the latest advice:

For ongoing up to date information please refer to:

Please know we will continue to offer our very best service and advice at this time, with our goal to provide you with the best outcome. We will work through all options with you and are always working on your behalf.

Kind Regards,

Alison Hunt
Head of People and Culture

Garry d.
Garry d.asked

How long does it take to process a refund on a Princess Cruise Cancelled Booking

Christine Brown
Christine Brown

As I’m not employed by pht I can’t help you on that one

Dear Garry,

Apologies for not having acknowledged your question earlier.

In ordinary times refunds can take 6 to 8 weeks to be processed by suppliers. Unfortunately we are experiencing extraordinary times, consequently we anticipate that refunds may now take 12 or more weeks to be processed.

We understand that this may cause some frustration to our clients but ask that everyone is patient and understanding during a time unlike any we have seen before.

All the best to you and those near and dear to you during these unsettling times.

Kind Regards,