Listing monitored by Phil Hoffmann Travel

• Trip Completed Yes (53) · No (57)
  • Ease of Booking

Margaret
MargaretMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

GREAT TIME

I recently took my two Granddaughters to Port Douglas because they wanted to visit a rainforest. Our experience right from the beginning ..in the airport..was hassle free and easy. Our flights there and back were on time without any problems. The transfers to and from Cairns were in very comfortable modern vehicles with pleasant, informative drivers. I was very happy with our accommodation and its amenities.
We had two tours booked, one to the Barrier Reef and the other to the Daintree, these were both very enjoyable, informative and my Granddaughters had a ball. Overall the trip was a big success. Thankyou to Amy for her efforts in the planning.

Second time around

I recently returned from a trip to Darwin travelling both ways on the Ghan. Whilst there I went on a number
of tours that included Kakadu Litchfield four wheel drives to Arnhem land to name a few.
I was amazed at how well Sarina arranged this entire trip. The hotels, the pickups and drop offs. Thank you Sarina

• Incentivised Review No
K Mar
K MarMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Poor service

• Incentivised Review No
Alison H.Phil Hoffmann TravelSend a private message

Couldn't ask for better service

We booked a package deal with Riz, PHT Modbury, including accommodation in Darwin and travel on the Ghan. We usually arrange and book holidays ourselves, and we were a little sceptical about going through a travel agent.
Although unfortunately, we had many hiccups with flights, accommodation and the Ghan, due to flooding and other problems (all out of PHT's control),
Riz ensured we still had a wonderful holiday. Her professionalism, communication and patience was excellent and very much appreciated.
Would highly recommend her services.

• Ease of Booking
Alison H.Phil Hoffmann TravelSend a private message

Thank you Julia, we really appreciate your kind feedback. Your summary of Riz is spot on!
Glad that Riz has proven to you that working with a travel agent is beneficial.

Belinda
BelindaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Vax status

I supported my blind 60yr old friend to try and book a snow bucket list trip for her. We were all ready to pay and then I was told that because of my Vax status that I will be charged a $300 booking fee for not being vaxed. Seriously this crappy free, is more than the dog sled which is the whole reason for this trip. She has a wish to experience dog sledding. So we have decided to not use phil hofman, and try again next year. I find this fee discusting and a form of discrimination. NOT HAPPY AT ALL.

Susan
SusanMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Very poor service

I am still waiting for my refund from a cancelled trip on the Ghan at the very beginning of September,(more than four and a half months). Without exaggeration probably 50 emails have been exchanged regarding my refund, all to no avail. I have also informed Journey Beyond Rail of the poor service I have received and they don’t seem to bother. I think my next course of action is to seek legal advice.

Alison H.Phil Hoffmann TravelSend a private message

Hi Susan - Please accept our sincere apologies for the delay in acknowledging your review. Could you kindly email your booking details to customerservice@pht.com.au so that we can investigate this for you.

John White
John WhiteMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Fantastic Tasmanian Holiday organised by Cheryl Scanlon

We really want to thank Cheryl Scanlon from Phil Hoffman Glenelg for organizing a fantastic Tasmanian Holiday for us! We took her advice re the places to visit, how long to stay there etc and all the places she recommended were great. Everything was completely organized and nothing was too much trouble for her. This is the 2nd time we've had Cheryl help us and we will continue to have her help whenever we travel. We've recommended her to heaps of our friends too. A great job!

Lin an absolute travel agent convert!!

We were giving a Phil Hoffman voucher so booking our recent holiday with PHT and thanks goodness we did!! With the airlines mucking us around and Covid causing hassles, Phil Hoffman fixed everything so that we could just enjoy our holiday.

Rae
RaeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Utmost service and care

We want to thank Phil Hoffman Travel for its professional service. Erin S, travel consultant, was genuinely helpful, patient in her dealings with me, from initially booking our holiday, to sorting out flight cancellations, due to Covid restrictions, and getting us home during lockdown - she spent time sorting through this all, and we are so thankful for her service - Erin replied to our questions quickly, she phoned and emailed when she said she would - I trusted she'd help us, and she did! - so thank you Erin. I would definitely recommend Erin as an outstanding consultant at PHT, and have recommended her to my family, and will to my friends - I found PHT company professional in its business model. Well done!!!

JojoMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Poor treatment from reputable travel company.

Refund for cancelled trip to India booked in February 2020 dragging on far too long. Expected refund this February, this never happened. Then we were told we would have to wait until April, still no refund. After ringing the Glenelg office yesterday I was fobbed off again, promise of yet another phone call. No communication ever to advise us how things were progressing, it has been up to me and my travel partner to keep checking in. We are both ladies in our eighties and really feel we should be treated with a little more respect.

Thank you, link helpful.

Dorothy and Gregg Hewitt
Dorothy and Gregg HewittMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Compassionate and Caring Staff Member

We recently had to cancel a trip at short notice we explained the situation to our Consultant Stuart and he was straight onto it and advised us what we needed to do in the hope of getting a credit on compassionate grounds.
Thanks to Stuart’s compassionate and caring nature and due to the way he advocated for us we were advised that we received a credit.
Stuart always does an amazing job and nothing is an effort he is a credit to the Phil Hoffman name.

Customer care that goes beyond our expectations, which after over 40 years of travelling are on the high side!

During this year of Covid disruptions, the team at PHT Hyde Park have delivered exceptional service. Dallas, Jenny and Joanne are 3 staff who have supported our needs. They work seamlessly and take time to record every detail, there is never a need to rehash the details. Dallas in particular takes time and trouble to ensure our preferences are taken into account, and has never failed to get back to us the same day. We highly recommend the organised, principled, detailed, friendly and respectful manner in which business is conducted. We will happily continue to use PHT as our travel provider. Steve and Dominie Nelson.

Lil
LilMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Easy and friendly to deal with

I have been dealing with Bernadette at the PHT Modbury branch to help me with a cruise we had booked which was cancelled due to Covid. Bernadette's advice and help was second to none and she honestly went out of her way to help us to obtain the best outcome. Would recommend talking with Bernadette if looking at booking at trip once the world is again open to travel

Debbie H
Debbie HMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Kerri Hanisch - Modbury

We have been travelling overseas every year for over 20 years, but it wasn't until PHT opened at Modbury that we decided to try PHT, and our consultant was Kerri Hanisch. Oh what a difference, the personal service, attention to detail and extra time taken to tailor each of our holidays to our unique taste and interests was overwhelming. We would never go to any other Travel Agent, just wish we had switch years earlier, Covid 19 has effected three of our 2020 holidays but Kerri has always been quick to notify us of the changes and handled everything for us.

Craig C.
Craig C.Central, SA

Laura Martino - Barossa PHT Office

Throughout the process of planning a trip (Group Booking) to Indonesia Laura's organisation and professionalism was impeccable. Even though the final holiday did not go ahead due to COVID, Laura's services both pre and post COVID were so very much appreciated. She worked hard to ensure I was communicated to regularly and both her and PHT could not be faulted on their professionalism and excellent customer service. Highly recommend Laura and Phil Hoffmann Travel when organising travel arrangements.

Craig