4.4

Jo Grant3 posts
Terry
Terry

Happy little travellers

We would have no hesitation in recommending Phil Hoffmann Travel to anyone. Our holiday to Scotland, Iceland and a Viking Homelands Cruise to the Norse countries finally eventuated after 4 long years from our original booking. Many changes had to be made over these years due to Covid lockdowns, cruise ships not sailing, war in Russia and our consultants at Phil Hoffmann took it all in their stride, making themselves available to discuss options, booking and rebooking flights and dates of cruises and accomodation several times for us, with unfailing courtesy. All in all making all travel arrangements run smoothly from the start of our holiday until our return home. Show details ·  1
Stuart of Hallett Cove
Stuart of Hallett Cove6 posts

Poor customer service, multiple errors

Tried Phil Hoffman travel due to their radio advertising. Couldn't be more disappointed. Initial meeting was fine however consultant didn't explore our wants and instead books from their 'partners'. After the initial appointment, the customer service was poor - didn't return multiple phone calls, missing information in our travel pack, we were told to come in to pick up our paperwork because it was ready, when we got there is wasn't ready! and while away send us an update to our plans a day too late. Considering there was a fee/charge of $200 per person travelling this experience was terrible. Show details
Lorelle
LorelleMetropolitan Adelaide, SA10 posts

Zero Customer Service

Due to the limited hours of operation (Mon - Fri 9 to 5), I sent a message to arrange an appointment to speak with a consultant.
I included full details of the travel I wanted to book including dates and destinations. It was with full intention to book, not just a general enquiry.
I received a confirmation back that a consultant would contact me in 2 days.
Never heard a thing, no message, no phone call, they were not at all interested in my business.
Took my business and booked elsewhere.
David
DavidMetropolitan Adelaide, SA3 posts

Professionals

We have been using Phil Hoffman Travel for many years now and have always found them to be very professional and knowledgeable. I trust them implicitly to organise all my travel requirements. We have just returned from a 3 week self drive trip around Tasmania. They did all the hard work to make our holiday a trouble free trip. Show details ·  1
Steve Howe
Steve HoweMetropolitan Adelaide, SA3 posts

Roberta
Roberta2 posts

Receptionist extremely rude

First time contact with PH. Rang to see if fares are yet available for international flights August 2023.
Call line cracking. Not sure of answer but thought it was "no"
Barked if I wanted to make an appointment.
I said I did not like the rude attitude of the receptionist.
Rang back to complain...same person answered...who was still rude/abrupt.
Not booking through Phil Hoffman Show details
adiandratu
adiandratuSouth Australia7 posts

Couldn't be bothered with my enquiry

Pre-registered for a cruise through Phill Hoffman Travel. I had a follow up phone call from a consultant, asking for DOB, names etc and telling me that the day the cruise goes on sale, and my cabin was secured I would receive a phone call with details for deposit. NEVER got a reply at all, tried phoning and no response. The cruise has since sold out. Luckily my daughter secured a cabin through RAA Travel, who I cannot praise enough for their communication etc. sadly something lacking with Phil Hoffman. Would never use them again, or recommend them. Show details
Kim
KimMetropolitan Adelaide, SA8 posts

3 strikes and they are out

Having booked countless holidays through PHT, the last 3 holidays were memorable for all the wrong reasons. Our last holiday, the PHT advisor booked SEAT & BAG airline tickets on our overseas holiday without advising us. He said it was "his error". Sitting on flights without in-flight movie entertainment, meals and wine was something we will remember for a while yet. Our previous holiday, the PHT advisor "forgot" to add our frequent flyer details to our return Business Class flights to Rome. Took PHT 3 months to get them re-instated (at our beckoning).
Lyn H.
Lyn H.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Well deserved !

My husband first booked with Sarina and when I was able to book, she managed to get us both on the same flight and sitting next to each other - not an easy thing. We were very happy and no additional fees - great job. Had a wonderful trip to Finland and home safe. Show details ·  1
Margaret
MargaretMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

GREAT TIME

I recently took my two Granddaughters to Port Douglas because they wanted to visit a rainforest. Our experience right from the beginning ..in the airport..was hassle free and easy. Our flights there and back were on time without any problems. The transfers to and from Cairns were in very comfortable modern vehicles with pleasant, informative drivers. I was very happy with our accommodation and its amenities.
We had two tours booked, one to the Barrier Reef and the other to the Daintree, these were both very enjoyable, informative and my Granddaughters had a ball. Overall the trip was a big success. Thankyou to Amy for her efforts in the planning. Show details ·  1
Hans
Hans

Second time around

I recently returned from a trip to Darwin travelling both ways on the Ghan. Whilst there I went on a number
of tours that included Kakadu Litchfield four wheel drives to Arnhem land to name a few.
I was amazed at how well Sarina arranged this entire trip. The hotels, the pickups and drop offs. Thank you Sarina Show details ·  1
K Mar
K MarMetropolitan Adelaide, SA2 posts

Julia14
Julia14AU2 posts

Couldn't ask for better service

We booked a package deal with Riz, PHT Modbury, including accommodation in Darwin and travel on the Ghan. We usually arrange and book holidays ourselves, and we were a little sceptical about going through a travel agent.
Although unfortunately, we had many hiccups with flights, accommodation and the Ghan, due to flooding and other problems (all out of PHT's control),
Riz ensured we still had a wonderful holiday. Her professionalism, communication and patience was excellent and very much appreciated.
Would highly recommend her services. Show details ·  1
Belinda
BelindaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Vax status

I supported my blind 60yr old friend to try and book a snow bucket list trip for her. We were all ready to pay and then I was told that because of my Vax status that I will be charged a $300 booking fee for not being vaxed. Seriously this crappy free, is more than the dog sled which is the whole reason for this trip. She has a wish to experience dog sledding. So we have decided to not use phil hofman, and try again next year. I find this fee discusting and a form of discrimination. NOT HAPPY AT ALL. Show details

Lena

On the 16th March 2020 i was booked to go to New Zealand. On the 14th March New Zealand Prime Minister put travel restrictions, due to Covid -19, therefore, I could not travel. Phil Hoffman will only return 50% refund or a voucher. Now I need to book in March 2021 whether things are back to normal or not otherwise I loose my money. As they have the bargaining power I have no option but to agree otherwise I loose my money they will be holding. Is that fair? If things are not back to normal, and can not I travel, I will be loosing more money.
I am willing to pay any reasonable expenses incurred but not 50% fees what they are asking. The car hire company and my hotel accommodations have waived all cancellation fees then why are they/supplier charging 50% fees?
Am I entitled to a refund due to government restrictions? Please bear in mind I DID NOT CANCEL.

Thanking you

Garry d.
Garry d.

How long does it take to process a refund on a Princess Cruise Cancelled Booking

Christine Brown
Christine Brown

As I’m not employed by pht I can’t help you on that one