Philips Sonicare AirFloss HX8111/02 (Original)

Philips Sonicare AirFloss HX8111/02 (Original)

Emma

EmmaSydney, NSW

very average

i guess it worked well but i soon returned to regular flossing after buying as it felt like it did a better job. it dies super fast and just isnt worth it

Purchased in April 2018.

Josh M

Josh MSouth East Queensland, QLD

Works well but I went back to regular flossing soon after buying.

Works well but I went back to regular flossing soon after buying. It feels like i was doing a better job with regular floss and I had issues using the AirFloss between some of my teeth due to the tight space.

Purchased in June 2017.

Bryan M

Bryan MDublin

One my second one in less than a year and it has just died exactly as the first one did..

One my second one in less than a year and it has just died exactly as the first one did. Tried charging for 24 hours and that did nothing. From reading the reviews here this is not uncommon. I wish i had seen these reviews before purchasing. I'll buy a waterpik instead and bin the one i have.

OIUUIUIU

OIUUIUIUMORRISONS

Philips Sonicare AirFloss

The main function of electric toothbrush is of course to better whiten my teeth and protect my mouth

Through the rapid rotation or vibration of the motor movements, the brush head can generate high-frequency vibration, instantly decompose the toothpaste into fine foam, and deeply clean the teeth gaps. Meanwhile, the vibration of the brush hair can promote blood circulation in the mouth and have a massage effect on gingival tissue.

The battery is so powerful that I only charge it once every two weeks

Philips S.Philips

We're glad to hear this and thanks for sharing! :) Spread the word.

Kind regards,
The Philips Australia Team

Brian

BrianCanberra

I like it

Strong pressure, I like it. I wish there is a bigger space to store water.

Battery amazingly last for ages after full charge. I use mouthwash no alc instead of water and it’s grwat

Philips S.Philips

I tried two both expired working shortly after guarantee expired.

This is a great product while it works. I bought a replacement when it stopped short one day never to run again. The replacement was great while it worked but it stopped yesterday. Product life seems to be a problem with all Philips AirFloss models. Will I replace it with a third? Despite of a 20% off voucher from Philips I have decided NO. Don't reinforce failure. I will try the Waterpik offering as there are no reported unit failures shortly after the elapse of the guarantee and while bulkier in size reviews rate them better at cleaning tartar. It was a great product but lasted too short twice.
If they lasted more than one and a half years before expiring I would have awarded. Too expensive factoring in such a short life.

LeonDonSOD40
LeonDonSOD40

Maldee

MaldeeCanberra

Good Product but not at all recommended

I have purchased two of these in last 2 years owing to the fact the they are really useful when they work but will just die all of sudden. Great product in terms of what it does but noting the price and the life span, it is not at all recommended. My issue with the airflosser has been that it will turn on but will not floss i.e. there will be no air and water/mouthwash droplets that will come out of it.

Darlene

DarleneNorth Port

Defect In Product; Warranty Not Being Honored!!

Peter MAdelaide

Will Philips Sonicare backup their product - what is a fair use?

4 broken down

My 4th one just broke down, all broke down in less than a year, so each only worked for a few months or so. I do think it is a very effective way of flossing, but the continued breaking down is ridiculous!

Third time lucky?

Liked the first one which I bought second hand but it only lasted a couple of months. Bought a new one and it lasted about 4 months. Totally unsatisfactory in my opinion.

JanSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

problems

I am on my second and it has failed after 9 months, the first lasted 10 months and I didn't have the receipt so bought another as the concept is very good. I rang the 1300 number about my recent fail and this time I had kept everything in case. The fellow was quite unpleasant telling me it was an old model. There is no expiry date on the box!!! and I bought it in good faith. Anyway I will proceed with my claim and hope that there are no problems gaining a replacement. It seems they do not last which makes the whole business rather expensive. Perhaps there is a more reliable alternative?

Jan

Thanks for the reply and when I go to a large shopping centre I will look for the Ultra model.

alibaba

alibabaAU

Reliability issues

As others have found, this is not a reliable product. My first one died after 6 months. SHAVERSHOP were very good in replacing it with no questions asked. Full credit to Shavershop but Philips really need to lift their game with this. I like the concept but am not fully convinced that this flosser actually removes all the gungy bits like real flossing does and may lead to people think they are flossing well, but they are not!

Great product but unreliable

I loved my air flosser and used every day. I even purchased one as a Christmas gift. However, mine stopped charging and a replacement was issued. Since it has come back it does absolutely nothing. I have used and have to floss straight after. The air coming out is weak and useless. And the one I purchased st Christmas is also broken, and it was only used for 2 weeks. I was told if I wanted a another replacement I would have to over postage etc. not very good service considering I have spent close to $400 on items that are both useless now. Very disappointed

love it

This flosser is so good as i am a quadriplegic and cant floss by myself but i can now thanks to this. Got it last Christmas and it is still going strong, found a great tip by putting listerine in the water compartment.

Geoff ColeSydney

Pretty awful

Having purchased 3 models in 3 years with preliminary recommendations from my dental surgeon, this is a very fragile, poorly assembled and short acting product. My dentist agrees. a very poor warranty as well. Would never recommend
Very expensive and almost seems like an expensive novelty product.

Philips S.Philips

Mmhh, that doesn't sound good Geoff. We'd like to ask you to call us about this in order to help you in a fast and more personal way. Thanks a lot!

C.Hage

C.HageSydney

Worst Flosser I have ever used

I bought this flosser, thinking it would be better than the Panasonic and the WaterPik flosser I used prior to buying the Philips. Worst mistake ever. After flossing with the Sonicare AirFloss I then have to use my wife's WaterPik to actually get the pieces of food out from between my teeth.
I'm actually, very disappointed...last time I buy something just based on a BIG name.

Philips S.Philips

Hi there. It's a pity to read about your negative experiences with the Airfloss. We take this as valuable feedback and we'll make sure that it will reach our development team. Thanks for taking the time to review this item.

Lesley W

Lesley WMelbourne

Unreliable

My philips airflosser that I bought in December 2014 has finally died. It did not even last a year. It was a present so I do not even have the receipt. Terrible product.

Philips S.Philips

Hi Lesley, we're sorry to hear that and would like to see what we can do to help. If you are based in Australia, please reach out to us via 1300 363 391 to speak to one of our product specialists.

Kind regards,
The Philips Australia Team

John_P

John_PAU

Problems quickly resolved by returning it to my retailer

I see a few reviews complaining about reliability. I had 2 fail in warranty and they were immediately replaced without question when I returned them to my retailer - Shaver Shop in Adelaide. I suspect there was a number of units sold with suspect batteries. Lesson here is find a good retailer and keep your receipt.
On the plus side I now use it every day ( in the shower to avoid splatter problems) and at my last dentist visit I was given a glowing report given that I normally get a telling off by my Gen Y hygienist for poor flossing technique.
Thoroughly recommend.

Philips S.Philips

Good to hear, John! We hope it lastst you a lifetime.:)

SharonQLD

Bought my 2nd air floss

First sonic air floss died just outside of warranty
bought 2nd one & exactly same thing happened last week. Seems to be the charger that is the issue.
Very hesitant about buying another one. I will look at other options

Philips S.Philips

Hi Sharon. We understand your concern. It should function longer than just the warranty time. Would you mind to give our customer care center a call on 1300 363 391 (option 4)? They might be able to help you.

Sharon

I have just called the number & they can't help me till until Monday next week!!! The girl who handles warranty issues doesn't work on Fridays

Philips S.Philips

Hi Sharon, That doesn’t sound right. Can you please send us a private message with your contact details and we will have someone call you.

See all Philips Sonicare AirFloss reviews

Mondayitisasked

I watched a video demo on You Tube of the Philips AirFloss. It seemed to give out a fairly powerful shot which I would expect to give a proper clean, however, I have sensitive teeth and gums and I'm wondering if the shot action can hurt at all?

Avidreviewer...
Avidreviewer...

Hello! The shot action dose not hurt but might make your gums bleed. However any floss makes your gum bleed. I found that over time this stops. It might give you a bit of a fright because the air/water shot is powerful, hehe. It's a great product and I love it. Keeps my gums and teeth really clean!!!! I hope this helps.....

Wazza
Wazza

Hi it is a short firm blast, it takes a little perseverance , I had sensitive gums and using a mouthwash in the blast tank cleaned and aerated my gums, don't overdo it and just do one shot at a time between the teeth this should ensure healthy gums in a few weeks making them less sensitive as well.

Mondayitis

thanks for answering my question

Jerryasked

The device is wonderful, but I have problem with its life. I bought one from HK International Airport last November, and started having difficulty with the battery this April. Instead of allowing you using for a couple weeks between charge, I had to charge it almost everyday. Recently, the battery seemed to be totally dead. As the battery is not replaceable, this means that my device is also dead.
As I did not buy it in OZ, I do not know whom I should go for advice.

DBO
DBO

Ours died in the battery as well. Philips is looking at repair/replacement.

Teagan W.Philips

Dear Jerry,
Regarding your Philips Sonicare AirFloss, please contact our Consumer Care Centre on Ph: 1300 363 391 (Option) 4, as the Philips Sonicare products are sold with a two year International Warranty.

Jerry

I have just contacted BPM Australia Pty Ltd, the agent looking after this device. To my surprise, the replacement has been shipped to me right away.
I am very happy with the service!

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives

CategoryElectric Toothbrushes and Flossers