Philips Azur Steam GC4865

Philips Azur Steam GC4865

Charlotte Pudney

Charlotte PudneyAdelaide

So happy I got this iron

I have been awaiting an iron for over a year got given this at our wedding and its an amazing iron. It works really well on all types of fabrics. The settings are easy to use and the steam settings allow me to use the steam to my advantage. Also like how light the iron is for easy moving and ironing.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Hunter

HunterKOORALGIN

Excellent Iron

I bought this a month ago and it is brilliant, just the right size, not too heavy, very good steam, narrow toe, smooth gliding etc. etc. It matches my black gloss kitchen too which is good..its a really great looking style. The electrical cord could be longer, but it is adequate (Why don't the manufacturers make them longer to iron in the lounge when the cord is usually plugged in at ground level?). This is the best iron I've used, other than the steam generating ones with the big water units - I simply do not have the space to store one of those. Haven't used the decalcifying part yet but that is an added benefit. This is well worth the money, recommended.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Felicity

FelicityComo

Such good value for money

This iron is the best I have purchased - certainly better value than some more expensive irons I have bought. It is so easy to use and the best thing about it is it does not stick to any fabric or mark fabrics. Not having to use filtered water is also really convenient.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Lillypops

LillypopsElizabeth Vale, South Australia

Average steam, super hot but steam isn't the best

Use this on all my shirts before heading off to work. It's easy to just pull out fill up with water and then plug in the power and iron but the steam dose not seem to come out of this unit as much as others my friends or famaly have. It also seems to take more time to get creses out

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Claire

ClaireNEWTOWN

very good product

I was totally impressed by the product. Its really worth the price. very good product , it gives just professional finish to the cloths. Just keep in mind that it has 16AMP socket/power requirement which makes it unusable during power outages as gensets and inverters will not be supporting this iron.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Victor Liu

Victor Liu

Great Iron!

This iron is the perfect weight and supplies the right amount of heat. All of my past roommates have commented on it and even offered to buy it off me because they love how great it is! I've had it for almost 3 years now and it works like new! I love how quickly it heats up. Doesn't stain my clothes. Gets wrinkles out fast and easy. Would highly recommend this product to any young professionals!

Date PurchasedDec 2015

Ingrid W

Ingrid W

Good staff

I bought this product for more than 5 years, and I still use it. I was suggested by one of my friends. And I bought it from Myer, it is a good quality and easy to use. It’s a small one and easy to store. Always help the big family!

Date PurchasedJul 2010

Hina

HinaSydney

Good

It's a good iron. I have been using this iron for 3 years now and no major problems so far . It never took long to heat up and very useful, safe and reliable. The only thing I found out is temperature control is not very accurate it should be more hot on cotton and is very low on silk.

Date PurchasedSep 2014

MeldrewYea

Does the job

I purchased this iron about 6 months ago. It does what it is supposed to do. Glides over materials smoothly. Uses a lot of water, more than previous irons I’ve had. But otherwise it seems to be reasonably well made. I can’t say it is a joy to use as I hate ironing. ☹️ But that’s not the iron’s fault. That’s the fault of some swine in the past that invented the idea. Lol.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Thank you.

Attorney

AttorneyPerth, WA

Good iron

Purchased this iron in Jan from Myer to replace an old Philips iron that we dropped. It heats up quickly and irons easily. It is heavier than the old iron but still lightweight and easy to handle. We don't use the steam function though. It has been reliable so far.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Said

SaidSydney

This is perfect

My wife and I we were looking for a new iron for almost a year we found this iron few months ago as soon as my wife and I saw this iron we were in love with it it is perfect the way it irons our clothing is unbelievable super we have been shopping for a iron for a while before we found this before we found this we have been everywhere but we couldn’t find a perfect iron and now that we bought it we are not going to be wrong bragging about our new iron .

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Jason P

Jason PBrisbane

Pleased I lashed out on this iron considering the iron we had was still functioning,but it was truel

The iron itself is easy to use and the steam function works like a charm which make ironing jeans and more difficult iteams a dream.As I am pretty particular about my appearance it makes light work of virtually any item like delicates, jeans and the like the steam function rips through,good temperature control as well.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

y2kdisease

y2kdisease

Great at ironing. Hasn’t given up on me!

Date PurchasedOct 2015
Philips S.Philips

Hi there, great to hear our iron was a relief in comparison to other cheaper brands. Quality is what we love to deliver and we're glad to hear that's exactly what you received. Thanks for this review.

Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Tash

TashGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

It was okay.

I loved my iron when we first purchasee about 5 years ago.. unfortunatly it wasnt performing as it once did only a few months after. I was dissapointed but just made do since its ny 2nd philips iron i didnt quiet like.
I did however use an iron o'ver a few weeks at my sewing class which was also a philips. Brilliant iron, never wrote down the model number

Date PurchasedJan 2012
Philips S.Philips

Seems like we all have the same problem with Philips irons!

Date PurchasedJun 2014

Dial has come off

This was an expensive iron. The dial has suddenly stopped turning and has come off. Unfortunately I didn't keep receipt as the place I bought it from said they would keep my details on file, and didn't. What to do. I have been unable to get it back on and am unable to use it. Very annoying.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Reliable and Worth Every Penny; Don't let User ignorance deter you

Date PurchasedDec 2013

Rel

RelMaitland

very disappointing

I have been using this iron for about 6 months now, purchased it after my old Phillip's iron of 7 years died so did not research before buying this morning it refuses to heat up the auto off seems to be stuck on and when I checked the reviews ( I know a bit late) it seems this iron does that a lot unfortunately I cant find the receipt. Cant find an iron with decent reviews either is this what happens when companies decide to go with cheap inferior overseas production not sure but I wont buy Phillip's again so very disappointed.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

steve

steve

Absolute Rubbish

Date PurchasedAug 2015

RickOzSE QLD

Absolute Rubbish

Has the well known fault of going into stand-by while being used. Needs to be switched off and back on every two minutes. Rang 1300 363 391 but they are closed until 3rd January. Went to Kmart and bought a $12 steam iron. Does everything the Philips iron does, except it doesn't have the auto shut off "feature". Chucked the Philips iron in the bin. Waste of $79 that was!!!!

Date PurchasedDec 2014

Raewyn Morgan

Raewyn Morganasked

I have purchased this iron and would like to know specifically what the soleplate material is. Does it contain any Teflon or Teflon like ingredients such as perfluorinated compounds like PFOA (perfluorooctanoic acid)? Many thanks.
Raewyn Morgan

Philips S.Philips

Hi there, Raewyn. Thanks for asking. For this question we advise you to contact our product experts on the below number for further assistance:

Call us
1300 363 391

Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST

Deborah B

Deborah Basked

I forwarded a question yesterday re our Philips Azur GC4865 iron; on double checking today I noticed that when you turn it on a red light flashes twice then nothing. In reading through this site it would appear this is a common problem for this iron. I liaised online with your customer service and they advised that because the iron is out of warranty, we would need to pay to get it repaired. My question is, if there is a fault with this particular model, as appears to be the case by the other questions asked, shouldn't Philips 'wear' the repair costs? The iron wasn't a cheap one and ours has hardly been used (refer to previous question for reason). Thank you

Philips S.Philips

Hi Deborah, thank you for your question. We're not sure what's causing the red light of your iron to flash (and if this is due to a fault with the model in particular), but we can't tell you anything different than our colleagues from Customer Care when it comes to our warranty procedures. If you'd prefer to speak to someone directly about your iron, then feel free to give us a call on 1300 363 391 (Australia) or 0800 658 224 (New Zealand). Enjoy the rest of your week, Deborah.

Ayse Filiz A
Ayse Filiz A

Hi Deb,
I'm writing this from Istanbul and my Azur Excel hi545 has the exact same problem. When you plug it in the red lights blinks twice and the iron turns off. I guess it's a defect with the safety shut-off system that Philips wouldn't admit. This is my first and last Philips iron

Deborah B

Deborah Basked

We purchased a GC4865 and in effect it is still brand new because shortly after we purchased a Philips GC9600 Steam iron. Because the GC9600 stopped producing steam we have had to return it and it is currently being repaired. We went to use our GC4865 however it won't work. We plug it in and nothing. We know there is nothing wrong with our power source, and the iron plug and cord is ok. Can you please advise. Thank you

Hi Deborah,

Thanks for your question. It does sound like it might be a good idea to get in touch with the same team you've been in touch with about your GC9600. They'd gladly look into any possibilities that they have at their disposal to help you further from here on out.

We do hope you'll soon again be able to iron in full capacity.

The Philips Australia Team

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives