Philips PowerPro Compact Bagless

Not happy

Not happy

Awesome

Awesome vacuum to use.
Very powerful, great for people that own pets.
Would recommend this vacuum to anyone they wants something small cheap & compact.
Easy to glide on all surfaces! Great!

Purchased in July 2019 at Godfreys Physical Stores for $149.00.

Pet OwnerYes
Floor Type Carpet and Tiles

Konda P

Konda PSydney, NSW

Going strong even after 5 years

I use this vacuum cleaner thrice every week and there is no loss of suction or power. The filter needs to be changed every 6 months, but other than that there is no maintenance. You can get replacement filters for 20$ from their website. Comes with a HEPA filter and compact and easy to use.

Purchased in December 2013 at Godfreys Physical Stores for $99.00.

Philips S.Philips

Hi there, thanks for leaving your review with us! We're very happy to hear that the Powerpro has been of such great service to you. Hopefully it will deliver many more dust free floors. :)

Excellent value for money!

I have never felt compelled to write an appliance review before but this one has really impressed me. Great suction. Really convenient with the spare bits attached. Really quick and easy to empty. Call me impressed!

Purchased in May 2019 for $290.00.

Pet OwnerYes
Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum and Wood
Susan Tangelo

Susan TangeloSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Suction is great, but poor materials suck

This is still under warranty. I love bagless vacuums, and the power for suction is terrific on this machine. However every time I go to empty the container I struggle for at least 10 minutes trying to wrestle the thing out of this cheap plastic housing without breaking the catches. It's a real pain in the neck and really frustrating. They've got a great machine here but a totally lousy body. Why not spend a few more bucks at the manufacturer stage to make something truly worthwhile.

Purchased in May 2018 for $120.00.

Product is used: Weekly

Holly

HollyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great value for money

I love this vacuum cleaner. It was the only decent one in our price range when we moved and its worked beyond my expectations. Weve had it for a year now with no problems. It has great suction and is light enough to move around and easily empty. Just make sure you clean and bang out the filter when you empty the bin

Purchased in June 2018 for $90.00.

Product is used: Weekly
Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum, Tiles and Wood

Top Jimmy

Top JimmyMelbourne

Worked Once - Then Failed Despite Filter Cleaning

This machine worked fine until the cylinder had to be emptied - the machine consistantly thereafter would work for a few seconds then loose all suction. It’s a cheap and nasty product and ironically the only aspect about it that doesn’t suck is the unit itself.

Purchased in May 2017 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Product is used: Rarely

Very bad vacuum cleaner

Worst vaccum cleaner I have ever used. Wouldn’t suck and the filer gets clogged up after vacuuming a small room. Took back to Briscoes and they don’t want to know about.

Purchased in February 2019 at Briscoes for $199.00.

Ang

Ang

great product

I love this vaccum, it is easy to clean and easy to store as well and it is fairly quiet compared with other vacuums I have used in the past. I have tried dysons, vax and even kmart- this is my favourite so far. Had it for 5 months so far and no issues yet

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Nick

NickGilles Plains, South Australia

Massive sucktion and cleans floors very well

Purchased this bagless vacuum over a year ago and have used it to clean our house which it dose a fairly good job on. It can pick up dirt from about the middle deep of our carpet and also dose well sucking up our dogs hair. It's easy to also empty with just simple two clicks and into the bin the dust and stuff goes!

Rachel Mcsweeney

Rachel Mcsweeney

Its Great

I have never tip the vacuum over. This unit is small and gets vacuumed everyday and it has good suction if it is cleaned properly after each couple of uses. The only issue I have with the vacuum cleaner is the placement of the filters and the filters need to be cleaned properly

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Philips S.Philips

Thanks for your review, Rachel! We appreciate it.

Dale

DaleAdelaide

Value for money

Okay we owned this vacuum cleaner for about 8 months was working great for about 6 of those 8 months but then started to lose quite a bit of suction switch was a bit of a let down but over all you do get what you pay for I say buy a decent Dyson that will last years longer

Andrew

AndrewWA, 6036

great little machine

we are really happy with this new vacuum, it works great and comes with all sorts of extra attachments which makes cleaning couches etc really easy. with it being bagless it means that we no longer have to buy extra parts for it all the time and its easy to empty

S.K

S.KCanberra city

Very good if you clean the filter each time

Have been using for 2 years and still very good conditions.

However, if you don’t clean the filter ( empty the container and wash the sponge) power decreases significantly, but you can not wash the hepa filter ( we washed the filter and smells bad now)

So We bought a new hepa filter at eBay about 10 dollar, so I think we can keep using for next several years.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Hollowman

Hollowmanmelbourne

Powerful Little Sucker

Dad joke right there in the title - anyway its true! This is a very compact vacuum but sucks like anything - especially when just cleaned. Thats is to say it has more suction at first and loses it a bit as it fills up. I think that is because of the bagless design. It is well made and has a decent cord length. The only negative is emptying it is a bit messy. Good vac overall.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Philips S.Philips

Hi, there. Thanks for your valuable yet hilarious review. We're happy to hear your PowerPro is performing as expected. :)

Kind regards,
The Philips Australia Team.

Vince

VinceSydney

Cheap and Best

Extremely powerful and good value for money. I bought it a year ago. One of the pretty good budget product which comes with 2 year warranty. I bought it in May 2017 and worked absolutely great. Great value for money. Suction power is remarkable. One of the best product from philips

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Philips S.Philips

Hi Vince, great to read all of this. Thanks a lot for writing down your experiences, we really appreciate the feedback!

HiThere

HiThereCanberra, Australian Capital Territory

Good, but loses suction if not cleaned frequently

Hoohoo

HoohooJunee

Awesome vacuum and price is great value.

Super happy with this purchase. Great suction and maneuvers well around the house. Great over all our house surfsces-carpet, vinyl and tiles. Easy to use, and clean. Quality product for a great price. Light weight compared go some other vacuums. Only thing that would be handy is a longer cord, but no biggy.

FlabbergastedSydney

Love it when it works

When I first purchased my Philips vacuum cleaner last September I was over the moon. This vacuum cleaner is light and it's suction was super powerful. However, last week, only 5 months after buying this, the suction does not work. It barely picks up a thing. Have tried cleaning it etc but it's still not working. Waiting to hear back on how this will be rectified. It's a nice practical design. Wish the power would work.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Flabbergasted

Hi there. Yes I did check all of the above. It turns out the small foam filter at the back fills up quickly. So chatted with the company I purchased it from and now after patting the dust out, it works again. It's a great vacuum barr this. Thanks

kerry

kerryCRAIGIEBURN

Great value for money

I got this thinking it will do until I can afford a pricer vacuum but I am amazed at how well this thing works. It is easy to move around, easy to empty and does a great job every time I use it. I have had a Dyson vac in the past and was expecting this to be much less in comparison but its not! It is worth every cent paid for it and would encourage anyone considering one of these to do it and you wont regret the purchase.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Holiday_Vacationer

Holiday_VacationerSydney

Really Good Bagless Suction

This Vacuum has great power from the motor. The filter only needs to be cleaned once a month, vacuum canister is easy to clean also. Vacuum keeps the dust inside instead of it leaking from a bag. The body is light and durable going around corners, edges and tiles. I really am happy with this model.

Cathy

Cathyasked

We emptied the dust bin and now can't get it back in.

Hi Cathy,

Thanks for reaching out. We can imagine it must be a bit frustrating that you can't seem to get the container back on. You can find out how to get it back on in the manual: https://philips.to/2kwn6Tk. If this doesn't help, feel free to reach out to us on 1300 363 391 (Mondays to Fridays: 9:00 am - 7:00 pm EST) for Australia and 0800 658 224 (Mondays to Fridays: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm) for New Zealand.

Tim Sasked

Anyway to unclip and slide out the clear plastic attachment inside the drum, top of the middle divider, for cleaning on the FC9350?

it's full of dust.

Looks like possibly a tool is required to depress something from the bottom of it maybe.

Tim S

Yellow box around the area in this picture

Philips S.Philips

Thanks for reaching out, Tim. It does look like this part is non-detachable by specification. If you want, you could reach out to us on 1300 363 391 (AU) or on 0800 658 224 (NZ) if you'd like to discuss this further. Perhaps there are other solutions to the thing that you're trying to do, but from this question we're not quite sure what that might be.

We would like to hear from you!

Tania C

Tania Casked

Hi! I have been using my Philips FC9921 PowerPro for 18 months now, and it has slowly started to decrease its suction power. The thing is, I have cleaned the filters as shown by Philips videos, and it's almost completely useless. Is it planned obsolescence and I have to buy a new one or might something other than dirty filters be going on? Thank you.

Philips S.Philips

Hi Tania. Thank you for your question. We can imagine the inconvenience of your vacuum cleaner losing its suction power, so let's see how we can solve this for you. Could you please check whether anything is stuck in the nozzle or the hose? Another tip is to empty the dust bucket and make sure the filter cylinder is clean. The filter cylinder is located inside the filter cylinder case which is placed in the dust bucket. As you mentioned you have already cleaned the filters, we can rule that out as a possible cause. Should cleaning the dust bucket and the filter cylinder not improve anything, we'd like to ask you to get in contact with our support so that we can look into further options. You can find us on Facebook, Twitter (@PhilipsCare) or on our contact pages: https://bit.ly/2rzfAHh (AU) or https://bit.ly/2SN2aTy (NZ). We'll gladly look into this for you! Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team.

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives

Philips PowerPro FC9350/71

Philips PowerPro FC8477/91

Philips PowerPro FC8474/71

Philips PowerPro FC8474/71

No reviews
CategoryBarrel Vacuum CleanersBarrel Vacuum CleanersBarrel Vacuum CleanersBarrel Vacuum CleanersBarrel Vacuum CleanersBarrel Vacuum Cleaners
Price (RRP) $179.00$239.00$209.00
Bin Capacity1.5 L1.5 L1.5 L15 L
HEPA FilterYesYesYesYesYesYes
Weight4.5 kg4.5 kg4.5 kg4.5 kg4.5 kg4.5 kg
TypeBaglessBaglessBaglessBaglessBaglessBagless
Cord Length 6 m6 m5 m6 m
Power1,800 W1,600 W1,800 W750 W1,800 W
Suction (Air Watts) 350 AW350 AW350 AW
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)
Discontinuation dateOct 2019