FC8635/71, FC8631/71, FC8632/72, FC8670/71
Listing monitored by Philips

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (1) · No (2)
  • Clogging Issues Yes (0) · No (3)
Kevin P.
Kevin P.

Ok while it lasted - suffered a early death

This machine worked well for a few years of light use then ran rough with a burnt smell and stopped sucking. Probably designed to last for the warranty period and not much more. Now added to the pile of appliance junk at the dump.

Purchased in April 2017.

Julie
JulieAuckland

Impressed with customer service from Phillips

The prompt replies from Phillips making good on product concerns made me buy this vacuum cleaner , I have the airfryers which I love and the steam irons which I love from Phillips, let’s hope I have the for this vacuum cleaner . regardless I a. impressed with there prompt wanting to sort out issues . Great work Phillips

Purchased in January 2020 for $250.00.

Smoked then stopped working

I really enjoyed this vacuum, it is powerful and compact. It was working really well for about three years until it started making a sound like it was straining when I turned it on then it died in a puff of smoke. The filters were cleaned regularly. It's out of warranty, so I have been referred to the service centre for repair at my own cost, if repair is possible. Pretty frustrating as this seems to be something that has happened to other units, and a machine of this price should last longer.

Barrel Vacuum Cleaners

Find out how Philips PowerPro Active Bagless compares to other Barrel Vacuum Cleaners

Proximo
ProximoSydney

Great suction power!

This vacuum cleaner is quite powerful, and even after using it for some time, it still has the approx. the same power. The only downside is, it is very hard to find the filters and other parts of this vacuum cleaner. I would strongly suggest to buy some extra filters whenever you purchase any of the Phillips vacuum cleaners.

Date PurchasedSept 2017
Cara Bulger
Cara BulgerDarwin

Good little vacuum

Suction is maintained over a variety of different surfaces and the attachments are diverse enough that it suits all my needs; pet hair, couch, tile floor... Relatively easy to maneuver around. Really like that it is bagless, to reduce waste and eliminate a constant cost. The only complaint I have it the cord wind up seems to be getting slower and slower every time I use it and I feel like it is going to break and I will not be able to wind up the cord any longer. Which doesn't make it function any worse but does mean that storage is a much bigger hassle.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
BITTING
BITTINGseabrook

powerful baby

very happy with this little machine, quite surprise with his ability. clean job well done.
the wire longer enough for move around, only issue I had so far is have to clean the filters after use otherwise he will not suck well.
for a 300 m2 house with carpet for all bedrooms and study, he perform well.

Date PurchasedJune 2016
Aron
AronSydney

Ok

Very good product have bit loud noises but ok for
Cleaning
I bought few months back not very expensive just reasonably priced
Good for household chores very powerful motor and very easy to clean as well
Just use the way you want it won’t disappoint
Easy to take care as well

Date PurchasedApr 2017
CarolHMaroochydore

Was good when working - lasted less than 2 yrs

Not happy Philips. I would have expected it to last a long longer than it did. It had little use as only a professional couple in a brand new house. I have regularly cleaned out the barrel and filter and to look at it, it looks brand new. Today it started making a flapping sound upon turning it on and producing a strong electrical burning smell.

Date PurchasedAug 2015
CarolH

Thank you for your prompt reply. I have submitted my details and look forward to hearing from you.

CarolH

Thank you for repairing the vacuum cleaner Philips.

Never again
Never again

kaboom

purchsed this model in march of this year only lasted 3 months before it over heated an began to pour out smoke was lucky it did not catch a light. i cleaned the filters after each use so was not that, as for suction it was not to bad just shame it died, got a rrefund

Date PurchasedMar 2017

kd79
kd79Mackay

Does the job

For its price, I’ve been very happy with this unit. However, I only have three small rooms with carpet and a couple of mats so its not being heavily used or tested. After 10 months of use, still good suction. Whilst a bit annoying to clean, I would still choose a bagless machine if I had my time over to keep expenses down and minimise environmental impact.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Philips S.Philips

Hi there, thanks for sharing the valuable feedback and glad to hear you like the product. :)

Narelle W
Narelle WAdelaide

Good little vacuum

This is a good vacuum cleaner for the price, although I had to buy a replacement filter after trying to clean it in water and it soon got a mouldy smell. The suction is good and works well on the highest setting for my cats fur and after over a year the hose and attachments have not broken

Date PurchasedApr 2016
monaromonaroMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Works Well

Date PurchasedJune 2016
monaromonaro

Thank you The Philips Australia Team for your comment.

James L
James L

Good vacuum. Satisfied with it

Date PurchasedJune 2017
Maleo.
Maleo.Tamworth

Not to bad!

This vacuum cleaner definitely does the job! I saw this one for a great price and snapped it up after moving into a new place. Amazing suction! the only fault, if I was to be not picky would be the cord retraction if there's any kink or the cord isn't being fed it can be a little tough to feed back in, but that's not an issue for me!

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
idira80
idira80Melbourne

powerful suction

has it for more than a year, i am very satisfied, it always give powerful suction. it also has several head for diferent purposes. i never had any problem. the only negative is the body is a bit bulky, so a bit hard to move freely, especially in small space.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Read more reviews - page 2

Sue J
Sue Jasked
PowerPro Active Bagless

Hi, I am needing to replace the pre motor filter for vacuum cleaner. I am not able to buy in nz, unless I pay extreme postage and shipping costs. Is there anywhere I can buy direct from. My model number is FC8761/72 thanks

Philips S.Philips

Hi there Sue, thanks for asking and sorry for the late reply. We advise you to contact our Spare part team here for further assistance: https://www.philips.co.nz/content/B2C/en_NZ/support-home/support-contact-page.html

They should be able to assist you further and if not please let us know.

Nancy
Nancyasked
PowerPro FC8632/72

Hi, I tried to buy a replacement filter kit as mine is full of mold and stinks. I called the above customer service number and was advised to call Optimum Electronics Solution. They gave me $15 for Motor filter, $6 for the exhaust foam filter and another $15 for freight, whereas Target has the whole replacement filter kit for $14. Unfortunately not available in the stock. Could you please advise where I can get one, which costs around $14-15? Appreciate your assistance.

Hey Nancy,

Please have a look here: http://bit.ly/2lCRnf6. If you click on the 'Target' button, you'll find the purchase link for your replacement kit. :)

Rayray
Rayray

Mine has gone moldy and smelly too. And I always dry it out properly. Not very good at all when its suppose to be a washable component! Now I have to fork out for a new filter after following washing instructions exactly... Rubbish!

Anisha
Anishaasked
PowerPro FC8631/71

Hi,
I am planning to buy this vaccum but looking at the review most people are dissatisfied with the fact filter is not available easily. Just wanted to know how much does the filter cost and how frequently we need to change it?

interceptor
interceptor

Here in NZ Briscoes sells kit for around $17-24 NZ. With regular clean and wash 1 kit can last up to 1 year depending how often and how much filth you have to vacuum. For me filters were list of the problem. Shonky extendable tube and USELESS attachments are much more frustrating. I certainly will never buy Philips junk again.

Philips S.Philips

Thank you for reaching out, Anisha. Could you contact us about this via (AU) 1300 363 391 or (NZ) 0800 658 224? We'd like to sort this out for you, so you can make a good choice. :-)

markir
markir

I am in NZ too - and can confirm filters are stocked (as above). Most of the people having trouble finding them are posting from AUS (Phillips rep might like to clarify why they seem to be hard to find there). I'm cleaning/washing the foam filter every 2-4 weeks, and have washed the actual HEPA (the rest of the filter body) once. I was a bit apprehensive as the documentation is ambiguous about which Phillips models have washable HEPA.

I would agree with interceptor above that the robustness of the tube and attachments could be better. So far I've had no problems (haven't had the cleaner that long mind you), but it should be noted that if you are rough attaching/detaching them you will break something!

See all Philips PowerPro Active Bagless questions

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives

Compare all 4 Philips PowerPro Active Bagless

2.9
Philips PowerPro FC8635/71

Philips PowerPro FC8635/71

3.2
CategoryBarrel Vacuum CleanersBarrel Vacuum CleanersBarrel Vacuum CleanersBarrel Vacuum Cleaners
Bin Capacity1.7 L1.7 L1.7 L1.7 L