Philips Series 9000 SensoTouch

38 questions from our users

Klausasked

S9551/31

Hi.
The rinsing phase works fine, but then the drying phase does not start. It goes then to completion. The shaver and cleaning system is new.(S9551/63). What can I do to make it work please?
Regards

Philips S.Philips

Hi Klaus, thanks for sharing your question with us. That shouldn't happen of course. Our product team would gladly take a closer look at it for you. Feel free to reach out to us on Facebook and/or Twitter (@PhilipsCare) for further assistance. Alternatively, you can contact our support team by phone on: 1300 363 391.

Hi,
Thanks very much for your answer. I will now contact the seller to see if they can replace it.
Thanks again.
Kind Regards

Alex N

Alex Nasked

S9311/27

Someone stole my smartcleaning unit, my shaver the S9000 won’t engage and faucet symbol and two orange indicator arrows with the head symbol in between is there anyway to fix this setting so I can use my razor??

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your question. How unfortunate that someone stole you SmartCleani unit, but maybe we can help you out with this. Could you try to follow the steps on our Philips support website, which can be found here: https://www.philips.com.au/c-f/XC000004469/how-should-i-clean-my-philips-shaver. There are some instructions on how to manually clean your S9000 series shaver. We hope this helps, and you can go back to enjoying that nice freshly shaven feeling soon. If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Gazza

Gazzaasked

S9211/12

I’m after a cleaning manual for my new shaver. Any help? Thanks Gary gardiner.

Hi Gazza,

Thanks for your question! You could find some instructions on how to properly maintain your shaver over here: https://philips.to/2SdmOwg. Please note that you don't have to disassemble the shaver head after every use. We'd recommend doing that once every week if you're shaving daily. :)

Jimasked

Series 9000 SensoTouch

After SmartClean failed to pump cleaner fluid to the razor heads I stripped it down and found the shaft connecting pump motor to impellor had completely rusted away. I have had the unit circa 3-4 years and have always used Philips cleaning fluid therefore is Philips cleaning fluid corrosive? Have anyone else had this problem? I am replaceing the unit but obviously I do not want to have the same problem.

Philips S.Philips

Hi Jim, thank you for your message.

The liquid itself shouldn't hurt the SmartClean nor the shaver itself. If you'd like this occurrence with us further, please contact us on 1300 363 391 (AU) or on 0800 658 224 (NZ).

Jim

If the Cleaning fluid did not cause the motor shaft to corrode what did as no other fluid was used within the SmartClean Unit. The unit is scrap as I doubt you could get a new motor, I have ordered a new unit but obviousley I do not want the same problem to occur.
I have pictures of the motor if you would like to see them, send me your e-mail address

Jeansasked

Series 9000 SensoTouch

Hi, the rinse light on my smart clean system is always on. Why?

Philips S.Philips

Hi there. Thanks for your question. We're not entirely sure which light you mean, but it might be the indicator to change your cartridge. It is recommended to change this ones every three months, so if you haven't done this in a while we'd like to ask you to give this a try. If there is still lights on that shouldn't be, please contact us so that we can investigate what's going on. You can find us on Facebook, Twitter (@PhilipsCare) or via any of the options mentioned on our contact page: https://bit.ly/2wukcTf. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team.

Jeans

thank you for your reply. the light is "rinse" light. once I plug the power, the light is on no matter if the cartridge is new.

Jake

Jakeasked

Series 9000 SensoTouch

Hello, Where can I find a replacement head? I don't need the actual blades or the black piece that connects to the razor. I am looking for the cylinder piece that holds the 3 circular blades and cant find that piece anywhere.

Hi Jake,

That's a good question. Our colleagues would love to help you find the piece you're looking for, so we suggest you reach out to them by calling 1300 363 391 if you're in Australia or 0800 658 224 if you're in New Zealand. By the way, what do you think of the shaver? Are you enjoying it? We definitely hope so! :)

Brent Sasked

Series 9000 SensoTouch

How does the cleaning device *KNOW* that the fluid needs to be replaced? Is it by "counting" or does it sense the state of the fluid? I ask because I recently opened the cleaning unit to observe. Have I screwed up a counter of some kind? Will the unit still inform me correctly when I need to change the fluid cartridge? Thank you.

Philips S.Philips

Hi Brent. Thanks for asking your question here.
We recommend replacing the cleaning cartridge from your Philips SmartClean system when the arrow symbol on your device flashes orange or when you are no longer satisfied with its performance.When used weekly, the cartridge should last around three months. When used daily, the cartridge should last around one month.

If you see the orange replacement icon flashing on your SmartClean station but there is still some fluid left inside the cartridge, please still replace it. This level of fluid is insufficient for the SmartClean to perform effectively.
We hope this helps!

Kind Regards,

Brent S

Thank you. I only use the cleaning cartridge roughly every 2nd charge and I have "inspected" the fluid level periodically. So my question remains unanswered...

Does the cleaning unit simply "count" activations (and therefor have the count disrupted if I open the unit)? Or does it somehow "sense" the *quality* of the fluid each use? I just looked again; the fluid level is more than 50% full (not sure how full a new cartridge is). Is fluid actually "consumed" by cleaning? Is this how the unit knows the cartridge should be replaced?

I appreciate your help. I'm actually in Canada, but the .au site was the only place I could easily see to ask this question. THANK YOU! As an aside, you might wish to suggest to head web-office that they could make questions easier to post, regardless of country. Further, I'm sure a lot of questions are "universal" and there ought to be a central site for customers to check, regardless of where they live. Maybe centralize it in Australia since you are already good at international relations!!

Thank you again. Brent

Hi Brent.
Luckily, there's easier ways to get in touch with us. Could you kindly reach out to us one of our social media pages? We'll be able to assist you much better there.

andrew

andrewasked

Series 9000 SensoTouch

Hi i have got a Philips 9000 it's coming up with a picture of the shaving head with arrows going round it what is wrong with it?many thanks Andy

Moe

Can’t help you. I have stopped using the Phillips 9000 and gone back to straight razor. In my experience the electric razor got dull after 6 months and for me would not cut very well. Maybe I got a bad patch of wheels but I refuse to buy new ones at $80, they were supposed to last 12 months.

Philips S.Philips

Hi there, Andy. Thank you for contacting us here regarding your question. We took a look at the user manual and it says that the symbol means that you have to replace the shaving unit. For maximum shaving performance, we advise you to replace the shaving unit every two years. Please take a look at page 8 of the user manual as well: https://philips.to/2N1uGyi. We hope this has been helpful, otherwise please reach out to us again.

Saeed

Saeedasked

S9511/23

I am going to replace my existing shaver with Philips 9000 Series. As I am a frequent traveler, I hate to carry smart cleaner device all the time. Could the shaver be cleaned and work properly without smart cleaner device, just by hand cleaning?
Thx.

Moe

Sorry but I can’t answer your question because after 7 months I have stopped using the Phillips 9000 and gone back to a straight razor. In my case the electric razor worked great for several months but in 6-7 months the electric razor appeared very dull and it took me more time to shave with it than if I used a straight edge.

Philips S.Philips

Hi Saeed, thanks for your question. We can see that you'd like to keep your luggage minimal when traveling around You certainly can keep your 9000 Series clean without the Smart Clean, as it's an optional accessory. However, using the smart clean stays the best option for thorough cleaning. In the manual you'll also find instructions on how to clean the device well without the Smart Cleaner: https://philips.to/2MuWsGw.

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to let us know. :) We're also available on 1300 363 391, or through http://philips.com/support/.

Olle A

Olle Aasked

S9711/41

My smartclean system fills with fluid after every cleaning. This makes the razorhead all wet so that I have to dry it with a towel after every time I run the smartclean. This is annoying and I guess that the problem causes the cleaning cartridge to be used up at a higher rate than what is normal. Is there a sollution to this?

Philips S.Philips

Hi Olle, thank you for reaching out to us. Could you perhaps get to us on Social Media? (Facebook or Twitter)

We'd like to see what we could change about this situation. Hope to speak to you over there.

Kind Regards,
The Philips Australia Team.

DartOnion

DartOnionasked

Series 9000 SensoTouch

I am considering buying a 9000 series shaver. I currently have a 5000 series shaver and trimmer. Will the trimmer from my Sensotouch 3D 5000 series work with the 9000 series?

Philips S.Philips

Hi there, thanks for asking and for showing interest in our products. :) We advise you to contact our local product experts for further assistance:

1300 363 391

Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST

MAnoochehr

MAnoochehrasked

S9711/41

My cleaning base turns on as if to clean my razor, but it does not pump fluid up from the reservoir, any help?

Hi there,

thanks for your comment. We're sorry to hear that the cleaning base isn't working properly at the moment, and we'd like to help. Would you please give our colleagues a call on 1300 363 391 (Australia) or on 0800 658 224 (New Zealand)? They would be happy to assist you further. Thank you!

Moe

Sorry can’t help you on your problem.

Jim

I have had the same problem no fluid being pumped up. Stripped the unit down and found that the shaft from the pump motor to the impeller had rusted away.

Bawden B

Bawden Basked

Series 9000 SensoTouch

I have a series 9000 cleaning system and after the wash/clean cycle the unit beeps for about 5 minutes then goes into dry mode, it doesn’t do it everytime but most times and is very annoying. Any ideas, as cant find any info about why it beeps for so long. Have tried changing fluid as thought that was the reason for the beeping but its not. Thanks.

michael
michael

I don’t know I didn’t have the cleaning system just thought this was a terrible shaver

Ian
Ian

There are two versions of the cleaning system. A wash only version and a wash and dry unit, the latter being more advanced and pricey.

Whilst the cleaning system worked well for me, it no longer does so.

Not sure why?

A new wash only unit is £60 in the UK.

Given its inability to work any more, I now just wash the shaver under the tap. Cheaper and less problematical.

Perhaps it doesnt disinfect the unit like the fluid of the cleaner does, but a quick rinse with medical surgical scrub (Chlorhexidine Digluconate, if I recall correctly) from the chemist/pharmacist seems to be effective.

Tom

Tomasked

Series 9000 SensoTouch

When I press the on/off button the cleaning cycle does not start. I just changed the cleaning cartridge. Any ideas?

Dom
Dom

Do you have the charging lead connected as it will not work if contact

Philips S.Philips

Hi Tom, thanks for your question. This does sound like quite a problem and we would certainly recommend to reach out to us directly about this. Could you contact us through 1300 363 391 if you're located in Australia? Alternatively you could find us through http://philips.com/support/ or on social media. We'll be happy to help!

Russell

Russellasked

S9111/26

Hi My series 9000 9111/26 cleaner has been on for 4 hours now and has moved onto second stage in cleaning but lights seem to flash. Is this normal? Brand new item so not sure how long it takes to clean

Philips S.Philips

Hi there, Russell! Congratulations on your new shaver and thanks for your question. After the first phase (the rinsing phase), the second phase (the drying phase) starts automatically. During this phase, the drying symbol flashes. When the drying phase is done (after approximately 4 hours), the drying symbol lights up continuously. When the cleaning program is completely finished, the ready symbol lights up continuously. We hope this answers your questions. Enjoy the rest of your week!

Matt

Mattasked

S9511/23

I have the same problem as some others on this forum. I only use the smart clean system once every 3rd clean so as to make the fluid last longer. So I've probably only used it about 5 or 6 times ever. Now I go to use it and the Orange arrows light up and it will only charge the shaver but not clean it! What should I do?? Matthew - Box Hill, Vic.

Hi there, Matt!

Thanks for your question. The indicator on the front of the Smart Clean System will light up when the cleaning cartridge needs to be swapped out. While this symbol lights up, you're unable to begin a cleaning cycle. If a new cartridge doesn't do the trick, then please reach out to our colleagues on 1300 363 391, so they can see how they can help you further. Enjoy the rest of your week, Matt!

Woody

Woodyasked

Series 9000 SensoTouch

I have a S9031 with cleaning system. I am trying to clean the shaver but when i put it into the cleaning system it will not work. The power and battery charging indicators light up, but then I get 2 x orange arrows (top to tail in a circle) and the system won't work. I have looked at your manuals and there is no mention of this symbol. Help! I am based in the UK

Mabel
Mabel

Sorry I haven't seen that one. Hope Phillips can help you, contact their customer service department. They were very helpful to me.

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to us. We're sorry to hear you've been having some trouble with your SmartClean. Since you're based in the UK, we'd like to ask you to get in contact with our local customer service team. You'll find them 24/7 on both Facebook and Twitter (@PhilipsCare). If you prefer calling, chatting or e-mailing, please have a look at the following page to see all of our alternative options here: http://bit.ly/1QSihHf.

David

Davidasked

Series 9000 SensoTouch

My S9531 razor head assembly rotates while shaving, what is the problem?

Hi David,

thanks for your question and we would really like to know more about this. Please give our customer service line a call on AU 1300 363 391 if you're based in Australia or 0800 658 224 when based in New Zealand. Then our colleagues will be able to help you further. Thank you!

the Philips Australia Team

Victor G

Victor Gasked

S9311/27

My cleaning base turns on as if to clean my razor, but it does not pump fluid up from the reservoir.
Same as Jayne asked on Apr 22, 2017

No fluid is being used.
I am in the U.S.
Any help?

Philips S.Philips

Hi Victor, thanks for asking. Please contact us here for further assistance:

Jayne

Jayneasked

S9111/26

Hi, this is the 2nd smart clean system-first was replaced as it just didn't work. Is now about 12 months old, I have replaced the cartridge with the specified product, lights all work, connection are made, the washer light flashes, sounds like it is cleaning, but no fluid is being used, so no cleaning. Any suggestions?
Thanks, jayne

Philips S.Philips

Hi Jayne. Thanks for your question. That's strange. Could you please give the concerned team a call? If you're resided in Australia, please call: 1300 363 391. If you're based in New Zealand, please call: 0800 658 224. If you have any further questions, feel free to ask here or on Facebook and Twitter (@PhilipsCare). Have a nice day!

The Philips Australia Team

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives