Photobooks R Us

• Job Satisfaction
  • Timeliness
Theo Howell
Theo HowellGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent service at a great price

I'm not good with computers and I don't have an artistic bone in my body, but I managed to create some pretty decent photo books with the system these guys have. The missus approves and that's the main thing. Delivery was a little slow, but that's not the company, that's Australia Post.

Rates and Fees
Job Satisfaction
Unhappy client
Unhappy clientSydney, NSW

Items not delivered

Ordered and paid for 4 copies of a book on behalf of a client for Christmas. Order placed 2 days prior to pre Christmas standard delivery cut off date. Books did not arrive - nothing for my client give 4 relatives for Christmas. Had to chase both printer and delivery company myself several times. One copy of the book arrived two weeks after Christmas. Further three copies have yet to arrive... client not happy.

mal
malSydney, NSW

Terrible quality. Will not be using again.

I have been a repeat customer for a number of years now and the past 2 years, I have noticed a very sharp decline in the quality of the printing. The software is fantastic and it is really easy to use. I love the flexibility of it and how much I can edit and change it to suit my design style. I can't fault the software. The first couple of books were lovely. However, the last 2 books were not so great. The colour rendering and picture quality is terrible. Even the photos I took with a digital SLR were off. After investing hours and hours in getting the 'perfect' photobook put together. I am left with a product I am not happy with and I will need to reprint elsewhere. I will not be using them again,

LorraineMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Fantastic product! Fantastic service!

Best Value For Money Ever

I have been using this software for many years. I have never had a problem with service - calls and emails are answered quickly. The only time there was an issue was when the carrier mishandled the book and crimped the spine. They replaced it immediately, no questions asked. Photobooks R Us provide excellent quality, and I am surprised at the negative reviews I have read (which has prompted my review). Maybe some people are impossible to please. I have a couple of friends now using this provider and they are also impressed, especially with the prices of their specials. I have used other book designers that are much more expensive for no better quality. The software is very simple to use.

Wonderful result

As a first time user I was putting a book together as a gift for my son and was anxious to have it before Christmas. I was thrilled to receive it within the week and was so pleased with the results and service. Couldn't be happier and will most certainly use photobooksrus again. Thank you.

If you do it right, great results. However, non-existent customer service otherwise

Great product, great price! Communication could improve

Easy to use software resulting in a beautiful end product! Got my book the afternoon before my Mum was due to leave for overseas so I was able to send it with her for my Grandma! Awesome price & great service WHEN an email was replied to... No calls were ever returned so only fault would be communication

Great result on birthday book

Super happy with the results of my son’s 18th birthday book. This is my second photo book with photobooksrus and on both occasions the staff replied promptly to my emails and kept me informed of the status of my order. When I advised of the date of my son’s birthday they advised it would come to me early and it did. The software is easy to use just picking the type of book at the start was a little confusing but once again the staff helped me and fixed my order before it went to the cart.

We Love It

This was our 7th project with PBRUS and they didn't disappoint. Fabulous result. We are also more experienced at taking advantage of all the graphic design elements available and that certainly contributes to the end result. We'll keep using them and keep experimenting. Well done team!

Great result on first attempt

I am in my 70s and have never done a photobook. On top of that, I never bother to read instructions. Despite this, on my first attempt, I ended up with a wonderful book. As I had limited time, I sat glued to my desk for about 2 hours (next time I'll be much quicker), sent it off on a Friday requesting an Express Service, and it was back the next week. I couldn't believe how good it looked. I expected some photos that I had blown up might be a bit fuzzy, but they were not. The programme tells you if the quality is not good enough and I had to make one photo smaller. It was my cover photo and came out perfectly. Thank you.

Eliza
ElizaWollongong

A treasured family keepsake - exceptional quality

I'm not one to leave reviews or comments, but I just wanted to say how happy I am with my photo books!

I just received my two 30x30 hard cover 200-page books and they look amazing. Yes, they were super hard work (I have over 1000 photos included and found the online program archaic), but I'm impressed with the outcome. The quality exceeded my expectations. I was hesitant about buying a voucher with an expiry, but if it wasn't for that, I don't think I'd have got it done.

We now have a family album and photos we'll actually look at and share with friends.

Thank you - from a very happy customer.

Bad service

I would like to say that PhotobooksRus have a great product and I have used them on several occasions however their service is atrocious. I have phoned on several occasions as I have had technical questions but no one has bothered to call back even though they say that someone would ring within 24 hours of the message.

Doug
DougHeathwood, QLD, 4110

Lasting memories of overseas holiday

I've been using photobooksrus for a number of years now and overall have been impressed by their services.

The software is generally petty intuitive, especially once you have used it for a bit. Almost unlimited options when putting a hardcover book together so the freedom is fun and helps make the book your own.

Can sometimes take a while for the book to be printed and posted, but the finished result is worth it

suewil
suewil

Good if the systems work

I have been using PhotobooksRus for a couple of years. On the whole the product is good, what you pay for. When systems work I have been very happy. However I've had a few problems. Recently I ordered 4 calendars, I received one, the other three never arrived, possibly lost in the post. No one answers my many emails, no apology, no explanation. It seems the policy is that if the problem is too hard ignore the customer. Once before I had a problem close to a deadline for getting a book in on time, no one responded to my call or email so I couldn't complete the book and lost my money. I have found a better place for calendars and will go looking at other book products too.

Jan
Janasked

Is there a time limit to make and finish?
is the program just downloaded, and you pay for your books when you upload to have printed?
will photos of lower quality still be printed?

Lorraine

Yes, there is a time limit. If you buy a voucher for 1 book, you have three months, if you buy vouchers for 2 books, you have six months. If it gets close to the deadline, you can buy an extension. I find that it is best to make your book in the software, and then go to the website to purchase your voucher. Purchase there, before going to print, as the price is lower than if you just go straight to print and make the payment at the shopping cart. You download the software free, and it doesn't matter how long you take to put your book together, so long as you haven't yet purchased your print voucher. The software does check the quality of the photographs, and will not permit very low quality ones to be used. This is good, as low quality will spoil the finished quality of your book. These are quality publications, so you don't want to waste your time and money on rubbish photos. I had this trouble with a book I was putting together for my family - old photos! All I did to get around this was to reduce the size of the picture box on the page until the red ! mark disappeared. When I got the book back from printing, all the pictures had come up brilliantly. Just make sure that you Photoshop them to get the best light and contrast adjustments. Photos are better to be lighter rather than darker. I've been using this company for about 5 years now, and have never been disappointed.