Photobooks R Us

Photobooks R Us

Wonderful result

As a first time user I was putting a book together as a gift for my son and was anxious to have it before Christmas. I was thrilled to receive it within the week and was so pleased with the results and service. Couldn't be happier and will most certainly use photobooksrus again. Thank you.

If you do it right, great results. However, non-existent customer service otherwise

I've used photobooksrus three times with great success. I can't fault their software and the process of creating the album is quite straightforward. Photobooksrus often offer vouchers with a short validity time. I wasn't able to complete my album within the time so emailed them to ask if it could be extended. One email address on their website bounced. A second did not bounce but I received no reply to several emails. I also phoned them - there is no live person on the phone - a recorded message asks you to leave a message. I did and got no response. I completed my project anyway and tried to use the voucher - of course I could not. I have once again tried emailing but so far with no success. EDIT - this time the company has got back to me and the issue has now been resolved, although there have been further issues with uploading the files...

Great product, great price! Communication could improve

Easy to use software resulting in a beautiful end product! Got my book the afternoon before my Mum was due to leave for overseas so I was able to send it with her for my Grandma! Awesome price & great service WHEN an email was replied to... No calls were ever returned so only fault would be communication

Great result on birthday book

Super happy with the results of my son’s 18th birthday book. This is my second photo book with photobooksrus and on both occasions the staff replied promptly to my emails and kept me informed of the status of my order. When I advised of the date of my son’s birthday they advised it would come to me early and it did. The software is easy to use just picking the type of book at the start was a little confusing but once again the staff helped me and fixed my order before it went to the cart.

We Love It

This was our 7th project with PBRUS and they didn't disappoint. Fabulous result. We are also more experienced at taking advantage of all the graphic design elements available and that certainly contributes to the end result. We'll keep using them and keep experimenting. Well done team!

Great result on first attempt

I am in my 70s and have never done a photobook. On top of that, I never bother to read instructions. Despite this, on my first attempt, I ended up with a wonderful book. As I had limited time, I sat glued to my desk for about 2 hours (next time I'll be much quicker), sent it off on a Friday requesting an Express Service, and it was back the next week. I couldn't believe how good it looked. I expected some photos that I had blown up might be a bit fuzzy, but they were not. The programme tells you if the quality is not good enough and I had to make one photo smaller. It was my cover photo and came out perfectly. Thank you.

A treasured family keepsake - exceptional quality

I'm not one to leave reviews or comments, but I just wanted to say how happy I am with my photo books!

I just received my two 30x30 hard cover 200-page books and they look amazing. Yes, they were super hard work (I have over 1000 photos included and found the online program archaic), but I'm impressed with the outcome. The quality exceeded my expectations. I was hesitant about buying a voucher with an expiry, but if it wasn't for that, I don't think I'd have got it done.

We now have a family album and photos we'll actually look at and share with friends.

Thank you - from a very happy customer.

Bad service

I would like to say that PhotobooksRus have a great product and I have used them on several occasions however their service is atrocious. I have phoned on several occasions as I have had technical questions but no one has bothered to call back even though they say that someone would ring within 24 hours of the message.

Lasting memories of overseas holiday

I've been using photobooksrus for a number of years now and overall have been impressed by their services.

The software is generally petty intuitive, especially once you have used it for a bit. Almost unlimited options when putting a hardcover book together so the freedom is fun and helps make the book your own.

Can sometimes take a while for the book to be printed and posted, but the finished result is worth it

Good if the systems work

I have been using PhotobooksRus for a couple of years. On the whole the product is good, what you pay for. When systems work I have been very happy. However I've had a few problems. Recently I ordered 4 calendars, I received one, the other three never arrived, possibly lost in the post. No one answers my many emails, no apology, no explanation. It seems the policy is that if the problem is too hard ignore the customer. Once before I had a problem close to a deadline for getting a book in on time, no one responded to my call or email so I couldn't complete the book and lost my money. I have found a better place for calendars and will go looking at other book products too.

Awesome quality, but had problems.

I would not bother making a review, but after reading the negative comments here, I thought I should add my story. I have NEVER had a problem communicating via email and they have ALWAYS been very helpful and done what they have said. I had a big issue with the quality of a lot of 10 books they printed, and they said they had gone over to a new print system (the black ink was not black - stuff happens), but they replaced the 10 books and they were perfect. If you have problems, contact them. And I have never had the standard paper wrinkle or warp, but always handle-with-care and no problems.

In the past few years I have had 5 editions of my photos of Australia printed by PhotobooksRus in Australia (90 page A4 soft cover standard paper ’coffee table’ style books) and are preparing more. My friends have been so impressed. I then made a photo memory book of the Waroona Yarloop Bushfire of January 2016 and have 22 copies produced so far. The quality of this 30cm x 30cm 100 page hard cover standard paper book is awesome and a credit to PhotobooksRus. I will be printing another 10 copies of this book before Christmas to distribute at the cost price of production to the people involved in this devastating fire. You can view this book on my photo website here: www.spiritland.net/firebook.html

I have found the downloaded creator software to be very good with simple template style options, but I go ‘free-hand’ and can do what ever I like on the page. Even though the program said some of my images were of low quality (they were all I had), they still came out fine. What more could you ask?!

Very happy

We just received our 70 and a 60 page photobooks. We are extremely happy with the result. Amazing how great our iphone and ipad holiday snaps look. The books are beautifully produced. Great service. Had to communicate with Photobooksrus a couple of times to assist me with my lack of experience and got great help.
Also thanks for the speedy delivery.

March 19th 2018 Update: Looks fantastic

I just received the two copies of 70 page A4 hardcover photobooks. One for us and one to be presented to our son, who will be celebrating his 50th birthday next month. From birth to now. As the title says, "The First 50 Years".
We of course did a lot of corrections to the old photos and were wondering how they would look in the book.
The result wonderful. The books beautifully put together. Well done all. One can see that you take pride in what you produce. The books arrived sooner then expected.
Thanks.
Robert

Love the results

Have done many books over the last 4 years from 50 pages to 200 pages A4 and A3. The results are always fantastic. Any questions to support have always been responded to in under 25 hours. Can highly recommend them.

No customer service whatsoever

First time photo booker here. Had planned to make quite a few books considering the thousands of pictures I have but have done nothing with. Just had a few simple questions before purchasing, called their support line 3 times over a period of 2-3 months, each time leaving a new message. Not once did anyone ever get back to me, despite their answering service saying they would call back within 24 hours. SO disappointed! Customer service should always be number 1, but these guys don't seem to care about the customer at all.

Fantastic Quality Photobooks

I have made many photobooks from 40 pages to my megabook of 150 pages. The quality was great and i have not had a problem with tearing or books falling apart. That was my worry with the megabook. The poor quality icon ( ! ) alerts me to photos that may be questionable and so I have changed them over and used other photos. All books were completed and returned promptly and well protected in cardboard packaging. The prices are excellent so wait for specials to come up.....I had trouble uploading twice and Marti emailed me lots of prompts to get me through. I found they returned emails and phone calls promptly. I have no hesitation in recommending Photobooks R Us and am looking forward to completing my next 2 vouchers for 200 page books of my trips to South America and China.

WONDERFUL MEMORIES IN GOOD QUALITY BOOKS

I just came online to order another project and saw reviews from terrible to excellent. I can't believe the bad reviews, but I suspect they could be fake, written by competitors, which is quite common on Trip Advisor where I am a senior reviewer of many years.
All I can say is that for the past few years I have published many books with this company, from miniature to A3. My biggest being A3 100 page for a 2 month trip to Europe last year. The quality has always been excellent and I do not pay extra for higher quality paper.
I am a photographer that takes people on photography tours to Fraser Island in my 4WD. I never cease to be amazed at how people see colour. They adjust their monitors and cameras to the colour they are used to as their sunglasses are. I suspect this could be the reason they are disappointed with their photo books as the colour is not the same as their computer.
I cannot recommend this company highly enough for their quality, price and excellent after sales service.

Great Product , Excellent Service

I have used this product the past two years to produce a book for the local RSL. Marti has been very helpful with my orders, changes, vouchers tips etc.
The software is simple to download and the books allow for personal pages, extra details, changes , embellishments etc, You are only limited by your imagination and your photos. add text, change backgrounds, whatever.
The quality of the gloss paper is very good and the hard covers are sturdy.
Conditions of purchase state 10 -14 days and the books arrive well within that framework.
Could not be happier.
Recommend.

Perfect Keepsakes

I've read some of the recent reviews that give very bad assessments of PhotoBooksRUs. I've had over 20 books done of all sizes, plus calendars over quite a few years. Not once have I been disappointed. I use my books as references to remember where we were, what we were doing and where we have been. Friends and visitors who come often spend a lot of time looking through the books and all have been blown away by the quality and often ask "Where can I get this done?" I will be using PhotobooksRUs again and often. Well done guys. This is a fabulous product.

Bad Quality

Disappointed by the quality of the finished book. The photos were looking great at the preview stage but once i received the finished product the pictures were blurry.....and they were taken on a high quality camera.
Creating the photo book was limited. You only had a few options for page layout.
Customer service was great when I requested an extension of time to complete the book but my beautiful photos do not look so good in this book. very disappointed.

Don't bother!

Spent hours on 2 books only to be disappoint by the quality of the resolution and blurriness of the images. I've used other providers on multiple instances but thought I'd try these guys, what a shame I did! Customer service said it was my fault for choosing the effect that lightens the picture. Software is also very limiting, you can't change page coloration for each page, you can't change the design for each page - very limited option compared to most other photo book sites. Give these guys a miss. Save you cash!