See the Best Home Renovators in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Unprofessional, patronising and sexist

I paid a deposit on 12/4/19 for roof and gutter repair. It was part of a renovation of my house to sell it. I was advised work would begin in about 4 weeks. After 4 weeks I rang the office every week and was advised they were running behind because it was windy. I was then contacted by the office staff and advised that instead of using scaffolding they were going to use a harness. After me ringing weekly through May and beginning of June and being stalled, Peter Fraser, owner of the company called me on 13/6/19. He said that he did not have any staff able to do the job because they were worried about the slope of the roof. He said they would not be going ahead with the job.
I said, "you could have told me this 8 weeks ago when you accepted the deposit. The slope on my roof hasn't changed". He raised his voice and shouted at me, "EXCUSE ME! I am doing you the courtesy of telling you myself and not getting one of my office girls to call you". I said, "don't you EXCUSE ME. It is now 2 months later". He repeated, "Excuse me, I am telling you we can't do the work. There are plenty of other roofing companies out there".
I now have the ceiling plastered and painted because the painters were due to start work 10/6/19 and that was well after the roof should have been repaired. I just have to hope it doesn't rain. I now have to organise another roofer which will stall putting my house on the market.
I believe that Peter Fraser underquoted and therefore did not want to do the work. He originally talked about scaffolding but then they were trying to do the job with a harness and none of his staff wanted to do it.
It grates me when I hear his voice on the radio describing himself as an honest, reliable tradesman. Peter Fraser is a chauvinistic man who refers to female colleagues as office girls. He is not reliable and he shouts at customers. I would steer clear of this company.

Exceptional Customer Service

PJ groups staff from Robyn & Peter to their trades (especially John who did our stairs) are professional caring & trustworthy. The finished job was above our expectations. We cannot say enough about John & his meticulous attention to detail and a perfect job. Trades people like this are very hard to find, let alone at a reasonable price.

Roof Restoration and Exterior Painting

Excellent work ... The Roofing Team and Exterior Painting Team were extremely professional in their tradecraft. The members of both teams were efficient, helpful and thorough in all aspects of their work.
Would highly recommend them. Our thanks to you all and also to the efficient Office staff who ensure it all progresses in a timely manner.

Guteering and Facia Repair plus external painting.

Excellent job. Professional and hard working, efficient tradespeople. Came when they advised they would and got in and got the job done. Went above and beyond and couldn't be more helpfully. Highly recommend them.

Useless gutters

All new gutters installed for $6000 but when it rains they overflow all over the deck and verhanda. It's like there are no gutters! Disappointed. Regret. Emailed to PJ to report problem, no call back.

Hi Cindy, as per Robyn's email to you yesterday, our team have been advised of your concerns and will be contacting you later this week to arrange a suitable time to come out and have a look. We are sorry to hear that there has been a problem but please be assured we will attend to this. If you have any further concerns please call our office on 38094800.

Rude, not wanting to quote, only interested in large projects

Made an online enquire and had to ring them twice looking for a quote. They finally phoned back over two weeks later. Then they are too busy to come and quote because the job was too small and they are booked out until next March.

Deck Rejuvenated

Excellent quality work, our decks look awesome. Would happily recommend PJ Group to friends and family to have work done

Great follow up

We had PJ 'S fix our roof for a leak. After the repairs we still had the leak. Peter himself came out and inspected the work and found that the original fault was fixed but there was a hole in the timber. Peter said that it appears to have been done when the repairs were being carried out by PJ'S. He came himself on Tuesday the hottest day in November and spent 2-3 hours up on the roof taking the tiles off repairing the fault and replacing the tiles. We now have to wait for rain to see if that was the problem. As Peter says on his add on the radio he does get on the tools. Thank you Peter . Also Robyn in the office who organised everything.

Still leak, not happy at all

I got PJ Group to restored my roof about a month ago and it cost $5320.00.
they told me that it is all good and no more leak...
However it is still leaking and I call them and they want to charge me more money to come out to repair some of the work that they did a bad job of.. that doesn't sound right to me..
there no way i would pay them to fix up their bad workmanship.

I regretted having to used them to restored my roof...
I would not recommend to them to any body at all...

Stay away from PJ Group

Hi Sinh, we are sorry to hear that you are displeased with the service we have provided you. If you would like to contact our office we would be happy to discuss your works further in an effort to resolve your concerns.Hi PJ Group, if you are a good company and do great job like you said you are!! Then you should be the one to ring me up and work out a day to fix up some of the leak on the roof. I paid you as promise but the job I got not good enough.. and when I ask you to come back to fix it, you want to charge me more money!!! some of the leak is actually from some of the screws that you replaced on the tin roof... so now, don't you think you should be the one to call me and come help fix up some of the leak on my roof??? after all I did paid you well over $5000.00 .. and don't you want to make sure your customer are happy with your work??? I'm not being unreasonable at all... all I want is, I paid for the restoration of my roof and I do want it not leaking.. is that too much to ask???

Roof replacement

Roof replacement on my house pj group was reall great to work with. Would get pjgroup in futher to do more work for meroof replacement

Great experience

From the moment we got a quote from Mitch, till the completion of the job, we found PJ Group very professional. They provide good old fashion service. Something that seems to be missing these days. Well done. Great experience.

Excellent service by PJ Group. Peter Frazer was very helpful in picking colour schemes and am very happy with finished product. Would not hesitate in using them again.

Formula for Success

Our body corporate engaged the PJ Group to restore our tiled roof, the building was constructed back in the mid-eighties and it was an extremely good decision. Not the cheapest nor the most expensive quote but it represented value for money with a clear scope of work. The tradesman carrying out the work were timely, tidy and accommodating. The organisational structure, ability to communicate combined with a supportive and effective head office make for successful outcome, takes the right people to achieve a great outcome.
That's what we got!

What they say is what they do

Good communication. Turned up on time to quote and to do the job. Excellent result and completely cleaned up after they were finished. We will certainly have them back to do more work.

PJ Group did an amazing job cleaning and repairing our 40 year old roof and replacing our gutters and downpipes. The end result exceeded our expectations and all of the PJ Group staff were a pleasure to deal with. Thanks! C and L Carkeet

Great job well done

Great to see a company who does what they say professional tradesman doing a first class job the first time and arriving on time

Great Job very happy, will use again and recommend

Peter and the Admin team were fantastic. The quality of the Job was excellent and truly added value to my rental property. I wanted the roof repainted in a specific colour and gutters to match. Peter explained the process with confidence and professionalism and job done right. Well Done PG Group

Tiled roof for extension

I got PJ Group to do the roof tiling on an extension to an old house, the staff were all very professional and the roof looks fantastic.

Outdoor patio repairs.

From Peter's initial visit through to those who did the repairing, and finally the painting, their reliabilty, fine manners and professional attitudes were very much appreicated.

Quality job

Having a roof restoration is an enormous investment in a home. Our home is one which slopes down from a pretty busy road, so this had to be right, as the roofscape was pretty much what was seen. We put it off for 6 years but eventually chose to go down the road of a full restoration. Peter and Robyn and the whole team at PJ Group made the process surprisingly easy. Appreciated the really excellent communication both by phone and email and in person. Every person with whom I came in contact was courteous and knowledgable and knew what they were talking about. Clean up during and at completion of the job was great and the finished job exceeded expectations. I would recommend them to anyone who wanted a quality job.

Hi my wife and l want Shade and protection from the storms for our carport ,thinking about wooden slats on 2 sides of our carport . I have heard your add on 4BC for a long time and your guarantee of quality work . Hope to here back from you soon Thanks Greg & Robyn Keen .0434902808
Are you aware you posted this on a review page where everyone can read it and the company most likely won't see it? You may wish to remove it and try another method of contact? Food for thought. Good luck!Are you aware you posted this on a review page where everyone can read it and the company most likely won't see it? You may wish to remove it and try another method of contact? Food for thought. Good luck!Thank you for your question, as discussed via telephone, we do not offer any shade sail services nor carpentry to complete the slat work on your carport. We wish you the best with the project!