Pope True Blue

Pope True Blue

See the Best Garden Hoses in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Pope

1.2
Dave
Dave

Mister Stinky

This was bought as a general purpose watering hose, and I think I paid about $20 or so at the great 'Barn'. The chemical smell was intolerable. Before watering plants, I would have to flush the line onto the ground for a minute, and then that area would stink.

it was given about nine months to abate, but it really never improved. Since there was no way I'd use it near anything that might become food, that spelled the end for it. I ended up giving it away on a freebie website, with the suggestion it only be used to hose down cars or children.

Kinking was pretty rotten in my opinion.

Swiggo
Swiggo

Kinky mess

I purchased my Pope True Blue from Bunnings, spending a little more on a product expecting the hose to be of a higher standard. This hose is by far the worst hose i have ever bought. The hose has a massive problem with kinking regardless of how much care you put into property storing the hose when not in use. I recommend this product be recalled.

Andrew
AndrewCentral Queensland, QLD

I Knew What I Was Getting Into

I have tried the super expensive brands before, with a 10 year guarantee, which cost over $100 and have learned that these hoses are just not worth the money, nor is the guarantee worth the paper it is written on.

I generally now buy the (almost) bottom of the range variants, knowing that they will only last 2 years at best, but when the inevitably perish / crack / burst, I just go back to Bunnings and drop another $20 on a cheap and crappy hose.

I now know what to expect, and won't be caught out again buying the top of the range, kink proof, UV stabilized, 10 year guaranteed, >$ 100 hose.

Purchased in November 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $19.80.

Keep your receipts for the inevitable return

I have bought a number of Pope Blue hoses, both 15 metre and 30 metre, over the years. They last about 2 to 4 years before splitting. The hoses seem to fail with fine, then course, holes. And on two occasions I have noticed what appears to be delamination of the hose walls. I am not out of pocket because I have always kept my receipts stapled to the guarantee portion of the product label. Bunnings have always been happy to replace the hoses with same or similar products. I assume Pope covers the refund, and relies upon purchasers not bothering, or not having retained proof of purchase. There is clearly a defective product which should be taken out of production.

Purchased in November 2015 at Bunnings at Marion SA for $19.00.

Problems with kinking

The hose in a reel and kinks continuously on rewind and bring out. The hose also flattens when not under pressure making kinking worse. Exactly the opposite of the advertising.

Purchased in January 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Anthony
AnthonySouth East Queensland, QLD

True Blue Rubbish

Bought 2 of these from Bunnings warehouse. I thought being on the dearer side they would at least last for a while.

The non break fitting broke off the first hose within a couple of months.

The second hose split open while using it with a trigger nozzle for the 3rd time today. I had to cut the fitted end off it to be able to use it. It keeps getting shorter every time I use it now.

I kept the backing card but with no receipt Bunnings won't accept the return for warranty.

There should be a recall on these. Very un-Australian to call a dodgy product "True blue"

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse.

AndysFarm
AndysFarmHobart, TAS

Made to Kink

Despite this as advertised as having a low kink rating, no matter how careful I am, this hose tries its best to kink, and once kinked it is impossible to remove. I feel this is a poorly made hose and a waste of money. Do yourself a favour and spend some more dollars on a premium Gardenia hose.

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse.

Heart Broken Husband
Heart Broken Husband

Handles High Pressure with Few Kinks

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse for $40.00.

Vivienne S.Pope

Thank you for your review. It is always nice to get positive stories from Pope customers.

Regards,

Jeremy Parsons
Jeremy ParsonsSouth East Queensland, QLD

I doubt there are worse hoses out there!

We bought two of these hoses from Bunning two weeks ago. They are absolute rubbish. Both have splits occurring in the outer casing and they are frustrating to use as they perpetually kink as you try to use them. We'll see what happens when we try to return them.

Purchased in November 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $37.00.

stan
stanPerth, WA

This is rubbish and I can certainly live without it

I think the 8 years warranty actually means we don't expect it to last 8 years. Kinks without any effort on my part and splits regularly. I would love to find my receipt and return it to Bunnings for a refund but unfortunately it has disappeared. I think Pope should re-evaluate their testing procedures and improve them. All i can say is " what a load of rubbish" The earth's resources should not be wasted making these inferior products. One star is too good for this product

Purchased in November 2016 at bunnings.

Rob
RobMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Excellent, Flexible, Durable.

Purchased in January 2016 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Cliff BealeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Concerns about strong chemical smell.

I bought this hose in good faith that it would be much better than my much cheaper hose, but it kinks just as much. However, I am very concerned about the strong chemical smell when watering! I refuse to use it to fill the pond, bird bath and dog water bowls as I don't know if it is toxic.
Has this product been chemically tested for toxicity? If not it should be!
My concern is if it like other products, it is made in China where there are many reports of use of banned chemicals, such as formaldehyde! PLEASE get this tested!

Purchased in January 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $45.00.

Donna
DonnaSydney, NSW

NEVER buy this product

Purchased 2 about 6 months ago. Multiple leaks n splits in both. They perish in the sun. I don't know where you get an 8 year guarantee from. They don't even last 8 months.

Purchased in November 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Latrina Tovas

Is this a hose, or a does it smell like toes?

This product is a disgrace. As soon as I opened it, the smell hit me. Ants came crawling out, and possum poo stuck to the insides. Even after two weeks I haven't gotten rid of the smell! Went straight in the bin and I paid $80 for it!! The worst purchase I have ever made. I am a mother of 3 and I would never recommend this product if my life depended on it.

Purchased in February 2019 at Weight Losers for $80.00.

Latrina Tovas

I'm sorry I don't remember clicking Weight Losers, I did get it from bunnings and they did charge me $80.

Sam
SamPerth

More Kinks than Water

I purchased this 4 out of 10 kink rated hose, which had a primium price, because my old hose kinked. I used this hose twice, and it kinked at several locations each time. It was intolerable. I took it back to Bunnings and got my old hose out of the bin.

This was the worst hose I have ever used. As I explained to the return counter; it embarrasses me to return an item, but it should embarrass Bunnings more, having sold such an inferior product.

I asked the lady at returns to convey my concerns to Management (hope she did !).

Date PurchasedSept 2018

BMasked

One day people will wake up and find Bunnings sells absolute rubbish. Any company that sinks their whole business in Bunnings is set for doom as Bunnings is getting a bad name for inferior quality. I was trying to purchase a Pope Hand Held Brass Gun Product number 1010779, and although Pope say I can get it from Bunnings, no store has it. Plastic crap in the garden does NOT work well in a subtropical or tropical area. It has to be brass.
If I don't locate this particular one or can purchase it direct from Pope, I will send overseas for a decent one in Brass. I am just about done with Bunnings rubbish. Buying a water pipe from them had it split when we went away, but fortunately out neighbour two doors down had a visit from his son and he saw the water aiming skyward and jumped the 6 ft fence and shut down the system. As we were going away for 2 weeks, our Well would have been emptied by the time we returned.
So if anyone or a Pope rep can send me one, good for you, count me in.

Hi BM,

Thank you for your question. Where in Australia are you living? I've just checked my local Bunnings here in Adelaide and the Brass Gun is available there: https://bit.ly/2syfQtD

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Regards,

BM

Thank you, I live in Bundaberg Qld. I tried most of all Qld from Brisbane northward, without success. I can try Adelaide Bunnings but not going to hold my breath as they don't sell to those Interstate. Been there and done that with a bench seat I wanted in Melbourne and Bundaberg Bunnings would NOT transfer it to here.
FAIL...just said "This item is not available from this store for online purchasing".
Bunnings are a waste of time and space!

Hi BM,

Thank you for getting back to me. I've checked the Bunnings in Bundaberg and it is available there for Click and Collect. I wonder if you phone them and ask if they still have it in stock? Their number is (07) 4130 8000. Also, the details of this item are below, which I got straight from the Bunnings website Bundaberg, should you need to reference them:

Pope Brass Gun I/N: 3130681
$29.99
Find in-store Bundaberg
In stock
Click & Collect
Order by 4pm to collect after 9am tomorrow from a store near you

Best of luck,
The Pope Team

Get an answer from our members and Pope representatives