Powerdirect

Powerdirect

Brand Manager for Powerdirect? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Rates and Fees
Casey T.
Casey T.Southwest, VIC

"Not taking new customers"

Called power direct today to move our connection to a new property only to be told they are not taking existing customers and would I like to sign up with AGL? I have a big power bill with Power Direct as I am a single mum with two gamer sons and in a costant payment plan.. Have been for years!I Now I have to pay that big bill off in 3 months because they can't offer me a new connection. Don't bother go elsewhere Power Direct have put me under serious financial pressure.

Lee
LeeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Criminals

Been with Origin for years. Logged into my account and it showed CLOSED.
Contacted Origin and they said my electricity was switched to Power Direct. I DID NOT authorise this. Contacted Power Direct and their response was to cancel the account and reconnect with Origin and hopefully there would be no down time without energy. What the?! Not okay. This should not be my problem to fix. What right did they have to transfer the house and my account!!

Zach
ZachSouth East Queensland, QLD

Stay Away from this companyt

I would recommend staying away from this power company. I was grossly overcharged with estimated usage and PD would not correct the bill. They were incredibly difficult to deal with and slow to respond.

No power and bill

Asked for phone call prior to tech turning up got none no power turned on and a bill for 112.00 absolutely rubbish we live on an island save you time and money go elsewhere

Amit Chaturvedi
Amit ChaturvediSydney, NSW

Cheapest with good support

Power user
Power user

Powerdirect or indirect

Customer service regarding overdue account woeful ,would never use them again even if it was free. Waited 2 days after the discounted period to update consumers, other vendors are good enough to inform customers 2 days prior to avoid additional charges seems like another revenue raising exercise

Chris S.
Chris S.Hunter Region, NSW

Always been good for me

I have an account with Powerdirect. They have always been helpful and prompt in their service, they answered my questions correctly and quickly. The one issue I did have was solved by asking politely and quietly to fix the issue, and it was. Has never been an issue with my bill and have been with them for over 2 years. In the process of moving and have booked in disconnection without hassle and connection at the new address. I don't know what the others on this page are talking about.
Only quibble is they need to compare new plan prices to my bill not the national standard.

How to reduce your heating costs this winter

Winter is here, and with it, higher power bills. Stay warm during the colder months without breaking the bank by following our practical tips on how to reduce your heating costs.

Clara V.
Clara V.
how-to-reduce-your-heating-costs-this-winter
Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020

Disappointing

Hi I have been a customer for 18 months and have decided to disconnect because of an extraordinarily exorbitant bill. Despite calling and waiting no response to the problem. My response to Powerdirect disinterest is to disconnect

Brendon B.
Brendon B.South East Queensland, QLD

Incompetent disgrace of a company

Rhonda
RhondaVictoria

covid disgrace

Never had a problem with this company until covid with constant ph. calls asking for the bill to be paid two weeks before the bill was due. Today i am moving and not taking this company with me.

Tracy
TracyHunter Region, NSW

Ridiculous prices

Poor service

Power Direct used the wrong meter number (NMI) resulting in my premises being disconnected by the energy supplier (Energy Australia). $300 of lost food in fridge and a re connection fee - not my fault.

Waited on phone for 2 hours to find the person on the other end had no idea what I was talking about tried to re sign me up. Don't use them they don't care and now I have lodged ombudsmen complaint they called and tried again to re sign me up.

Steve B.
Steve B.South East Queensland, QLD

The most pathetic customer service in Australian history

Would have to be the most useless time consuming customer service idiots in Australian Electricity history.
Two months of lame excuses, forget what they offer on phone, what your power bill actually states is irrelevant.

Never ever ever again.

Zero is not low enough

Murray Case
Murray CaseGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Absolutely terrible service - the other 1 star reviews are right

Tani D.
Tani D.South East Queensland, QLD

Never recieve bills

Never recieved our bills in the mail would always recieve a message saying overdue, changed to email bills and still never recieved bills. Unreliable company don't trust this company ever