Powerdirect

• Rates and Fees
Raymond

RaymondSydney, NSW

The worst experience.

I can not believe that the experience I have had with the Powerdirect. You can not update your wife name and your name under the same account. I called and emailed the few times and I have been told difference stories, some approved my request but there were nothing done, some kept apologize for what I experiences. As a customer, we don't need a Apologise, we need an Action. Please don't sign with this company. Unprofessional and Unrealistic.

Disgraceful collection policy

This company claims to support those impacted by covid. However they give you 8 weeks to pay a debt or they refer it to an agency for action even if you are unemployed due to pandemic impacts. This is lip service only to supporting customers and their correspondence to requests for asdistance contains the threat immediately before any negotiation.

DavidDMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Their website does not have any My Account facility.

You cannot even look up where you stand with them. Meanwhile, for any delay in paying you get hit with a massive penalty. Hard to believe that this is a subsidiary of an old established Australian company. - must be masquerading.

savvy shopper

savvy shopperMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

If I could give less than 1 star I would

Bill smoothing is a bogus. I am owed over $500 & have been told 3 different reason why my money is not being returned, this is after I was told the refund had been processed & would be available in my bank account 7 days. Now I am told I have to show proof of my payment! They have my money what other proof do they need. Use candles if you have to DO NOT USE THIS MOB THEY ARE CRIMINALS

Andrew

AndrewGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Scamming scum of a dodgy company - Advice: stay away from them

This company is a basic scam model. Charge almost 50% extra for 1 day late on payment.
Changed my electricity plan without my consent and without clearly explaining what is happening.
Misleading evasive wording in emails to hide the fact that they are going to rip more money out of you, even if you don't consent to anything.
Horrible customer service, rude, multiple disconnects. Unwilling to be reasonable.
Just stay away from them basically, plenty of other providers in the market...

Fooling people around

I booked a electric appointment, was waiting in the shop whole morning for the electricity connection, time frame is 9 to 12 noon time, I made a phone call at 11:45am as no one show up yet, customer service said he has came and couldn’t access meter, I left my phone number before and no one called me if he has arrived and couldn’t access meter, then asked me to wait till 5pm and they are not sure what time electrician will come before 5pm. Btw I couldn’t get their electrician’s phone number.

Meter reading scam

Nowhere in the contract does it say that you have to read your own meter. My two bill since signing up have both been estimates due to the meter being inaccessible. It’s in a retirement village on a wall above a path. When I challenged this I was told to read the meter and tell them what it was.

Kazz

KazzGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Worst experience ever

Just received a massive bill 14 days after last bill. They said they have undercharged for the last 18 months and this is the adjustment bill. We have a smartmeter.

Laurel C.

Laurel C.South Australia

Worst company ever

Stay away from these monkeys, they are very rude. Just got my bill and of course they overcharge as always. When you do a payment plan they call you non stop, send out overdue bills and then you hear from both power direct and AGL as they expect full payment. How the F can these monkeys get away with overcharging customers?

Tim C.

Tim C.South East Queensland, QLD

Absolute disgrace

The worst utilities provider I have ever used. Endless runaround consuming huge amounts of time. Incorrect bills... unwarranted fees.
Borderline criminal outfit. Avoid. Whatever saving is not worth it. Call center only open 8-6. Disgraceful

Danielle Venn

Danielle VennGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Absolutely the WORST!

I've never come across a company SO BAD. Over the period of a year I never received a bill on time and then would be slugged with extra fees for not paying on time which I would have to argue and call every single bill period until I eventually cancelled the account. SO stressful, so unnecessary and this company should not be allowed to operate!! Its unethical and should be reported to the electrical ombudsman.

JTH

JTHSouth East Queensland, QLD

No customer service or integrity!

If you have solar do not go with this company. We used just over a third of what we generated, pumped the rest into the grid to Power Direct and they still sent us a $120 bill. I queried it, with 2 calls and 3 emails with no answer. I held off paying until I got some answers and finally got an email response just spouting the company line, but no answer to my questions. In the end gave up, paid the bill and left to another company. Then received a new bill with late fees for querying the previous bill. No customer service or integrity. Do yourself a favour and stay away from this company.

RCW

RCWSouth East Queensland, QLD

No service - then try to collect for incorrect bills

Don't use them !!! - They are inefficient, charge estimated amounts all the time and then do not follow up when you query them. I changed providers and then they claimed i had a bill from the same period as the new provider was billing me for.

PPP

PPPSouth East Queensland, QLD

Rude service, pushy and irresponsible

Galactica Actual

Galactica ActualMelbourne

Zero-stars-if-I-could: 'Bill-finagling'

Cody C.

Cody C.Hunter Region, NSW

Horrible...

Bills arrived past due date, that my fault. Bills arrived late, therefore I pay them late, by no fault of my own. Had my power disconnected without warning. Had been told it would be put back on within 2 hrs. 7 hrs past and still nothing. I lost all my food, and had nothing to feed my 3 children. I asked to be put through to complaints. I could not make a complaint however, as the operator protested with me. As it is my fault I don't receive my bills.
Actually pathetic.. no respect towards your customers. No communication..

Dee

DeeCentral West, NSW

If I could give less I would

Absolutely useless! Cannot even manage to get a bill to a customer-tried to say it was my fault, provide another email address, still can’t manage that....not managing my power anymore

Worst power company ever

If i can give lower rating i would. This company just pure scam. Don't use Electricity or Gas from them. Don't bother and Stay away!!! I learned it hard way and

Grace

GraceSouth East Queensland, QLD

One electricity company to stay away from - Power Direct

Tara

Tara

The worst customer service.

I called the 1300 number today to discuss a plan for my business. The woman I spoke to was so rude. She had a thick filipino accent and was not willing to answer any of my questions properly. She was telling me to sign up with red energy cos she cant give me any information on power directs business offers unless I sign up first. What odacity.