Powerdirect

Powerdirect

See the Best Energy Providers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Gavin R.

Gavin R.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Good Prices Always helpful

I have been with Power Direct for about 5 years, I have found them to be super competitive and never had a problem with power or solar.
Only ever rang to compare prices and they matched an ontime bonus.
I would Recommend them.

ServicesElectricity and Solar Buy-Back

Joe

JoeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Power disconnected and 4 phone calls later it is still not on

We had power disconnected erroneously yesterday, 2 weeks before we are due to move out. To get it connected again involved at least 4 phone calls to Power direct, including one where they could not find my account, currently the power still not connected. If the power gets reconnected obviously someone has done something right, however I have had to be much to involved to get to this stage.

Shannon

ShannonSydney, NSW

Hot water debacle

Moochie000

Moochie000Melbourne

Best company I have been with

I’m not sure why this company has so many bad reviews! I have been with powerdirect for years now and recommend them to everyone. I find their prices to be so good. And have never had an issue with them. Touch wood- hope it stays that way

ServicesElectricity

Very rude customer service even before submit with them!

I was searching an energy company to change my current supplier. Found good rates on compare energy vic.gov site. I never met such rude customer service. If they are that rude for the people who are willing to sign up with them, i can't imagine how they treat to existing customers when an issue raised. The phone line was terrible and when i was asking to repeat i was nearly being yelled inpatiently. I tried to call second time another operator was even rudder. She was cutting my words before i finished my questions. And i was even asked "are you submitting with us,or just hunting around" when i asked if i could get prices for supply charge and peak, off peak prices.

seniorecacciatore

seniorecacciatoreGippsland, VIC

Thanks Very Much [name removed]

Unhappily my experience with Powerdirect got off to a rocky start and never recovered. Our account is an Owners Corporation. Last time I checked there was more than one in Victoria. However Powerdirect had no idea what an OC was and so I had to open it in my own name. Not the end of the world. BUT when I got my first bill I found that they had included an ex partner of mine on the account name. An ex from a LONG time (over 7 years) ago. Countless efforts to remove her failed. In a nutshell I never EVER spoke to anyone within that company that could grasp the essence of a simple request. As a result we finally changed providers and the difference has been like chalk and cheese. Would I recommend them? NOT THE SLIGHTEST CHANCE.

Peter

PeterMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Very Nervous New Power Direct Customer

When changing to Power Direct, we knew we had to pay electronically using Direct Debit, however, no direct debit form was included with the ‘welcome package’ email.

When I rang, the service rep. should have sent a form in the first instance. Disappointing lack of response to calls and emails (“we’re very busy”). Why does it have to take multiple phone calls, multiple emails to set up a Direct Debit?

After reading other reviews, I am now worried about the service in general, namely (1) will I be charged extra for meter readings?; (2) will I get my solar feed-in tariff credits?

ServicesElectricity

A bit uncertain so far....let's hope this is the first hiccup only!

Chez

ChezCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Worse company i have ever dealt with

Jenna & R.

Jenna & R.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Don't even offer a login

Don't even offer a login my account option to view and pay your bill like all the others offer ridiculous............
When is this going too be caught up into this era?

Julie

JulieSouth Australia

No bill after 7 months

Swapped to Power direct back in August 2018. I have not received a bill after 7 months. I have contacted them with no success. Worried about amount of my bill.

Greg K

Greg KHunter Region, NSW

APPALLING CUSTOMER SERVICE

6 months with Powerdirect now and no problems at all

6 months with Powerdirect now and no problems at all. Can use the AGL app and pay that way, big discount and the same unit prices as AGL. Really have my doubts about these bad reviews.

Terrible Company!!

The worst company I have ever dealt with! Put a default against my name due to a mis communication with AGL and after hours on the phone with several people it was clear no one had any idea what they were talking about. 3 weeks later the default has been removed after many heated conversations but I am
still receiving emails to say the issue is still under investigation?? Sort it out!!!

ServicesGas
Ayesha

AyeshaSydney, NSW

Very Happy with my electricity bill so far!

It’s been 10 months since I have sighted up with Powerdirect. My energy bill is actually lowering than the previous years. So far so good! At the beginning I had some doubt. But I’m glad that I have signed up with Powerdirect. I hope they will continue to provide great service.

Terrible Service....too costly

Never sign up with them.Billings were too high even when our business was closed for long period. No customer service skill.

Mich

Michadelaide

The worst provider ever!

PowerDirect is one of the worst electricity providers I've ever used, 2nd being AGL which I wasn't aware of owning Powerdirect until after I was poached from the company I wanted to be with. I was guaranteed bills under a certain amount when I was transferred over and after being with them for two years, I never once received a bill under the amount they specified. Powerdirect have the worst customer service and are equally useless when solving problems. Constant issues with the electricity connections and receiving bills on time. I moved house and they couldn't even disconnect the elec. when I asked, they did it 4 WEEKS LATER!! 100% will never go back or recommend to another person.

Amanda J

Amanda JAdelaide

Please do not sign up with this company!!

I had my electricity connected with Power Direct which is through AGL.
I was connected with them for 2 months & during that time my power dropped out once.

I received a huge $300 bill for the first month and another $250 bill for the second month!
Since switching to another company, my monthly bills have both been under $100.

I cannot even begin to explain how furious I am with Power Direct. They should be shut down for taken advantage of their customers and having incredibly rude staff that have no customer service skills at all.

too expensive

Got electricity bill of $370.55 in just 43 days having 28% discount. That's crazy, don't believe on them. And the customer service was annoying.

Linda B

Linda BAU

do not bother with them

I was offered a 52% discount pay on time. When I got the paper work with details on they were charging me more than my current provider. Tried to ring got a robot answer the phone could not direct me to speak with anyone. So I tried emailing them, no reply. This company is not what the pretty picture they paint is, just be careful I am pleased I found out before I am locked in. PEOPLE DO YOUR SEARCH before you sign up. My 52% would of turned out to be 52% more.