Listing monitored by Powershop Australia

• Rates and Fees

Hannah
HannahGippsland, VIC

Selling out to Shell and compromising their values and customers

I have only very recently joined Powershop however I have just switched due to the recent announcement of the company being bought by Shell. Everything that they stood for with regards to environmental protection and climate policy is no longer believable when partnering with an enormous polluter. I hope many others make the same choice to leave.

Saul
SaulGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Heartbreaking sellout

Am leaving Powershop after many years of loyalty and recommendations to others because they have sold out to Shell, one of the biggest polluters in history. What a heartbreaking disappointment. Really thought Powershop were a brand to be proud of. Not anymore.

ServicesElectricity and Gas
Mick G.
Mick G.

Selling out to Shell is NOT Energy you can be proud of

Given the recent sell out to Shell - the whole ethos of this company now seems to be null and void. Not happy. And switching to another company. Cheers Powershop. What a shame

Sold to Shell, what the hell? Like Sea Shepherd being sold to a Japanese Whaling Company.

Disgusted with the sale to one of the worlds highest polluters and blockers of climate change initiatives. We have left after years of supporting Powershop. Meridian leadership should be ashamed. This is like if Sea Shepherd were sold to a Japanese Whaling company.

prana69
prana69

Powershop just bought out by a fossil fuel company. I'M LEAVING!

I've been a loyal Powershop customer since they started in 2010. I have always advocated for their business model and their ethics and approach to the environment. But that ended on Monday when it was announced that Powershop had been acquired by Shell - environmental vandals! I'm gone and I hope others leave too!

Frederique R.
Frederique R.

Powershop greenwash

After being with Powershop for several years on and off, I am switching to another cheaper and more ethical company. Powershop is no longer what it used to be, its prices have increased and the recent announcement of Shell taking over The company is the final straw. This is nothing less than greenwash and evidence Powershop is no longer committed to sustainable energy. At a time when the effects of climate change and global warming are increasingly evident, it is unconscionable. I suspect Powershop will lose many customers because of this decision and that is the price the company will have pay for making such a terrible decision.

Neil H.
Neil H.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Recently aquired by a company hell-bent on exterminating life on planet earth.

Powershop was recently sold to a fossil fuel giant that undermines the credability of the original company's ethos, and has been the very reason I have concsiously supported them to date. Don't further line the pockets of this climate vandal. Voting with your wallet is all this company will respect. Don't join and get out if you are already a customer.

Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020

Now owned by huge polluter Shell

Would not recommend getting energy from Powershop now that they have been bought by the Shell company meaning the energy is by default not renewable. I will be looking elsewhere for an independent 100% renewable option.

Lloyd
LloydSydney Surrounds, NSW

Sold out to Shell. Nothing green about them

I've been disappointed with their service for a while now. Dodgy estimates of usage, ultra low solar feed-in-tariffs, difficult and dismissive customer service.
However, at least they were one of the (or the most) "green" power companies.

Unfortunately, they couldn't resist become zillionaires by selling out to the worst climate criminals in history. Yep. Like a villian story straight out of Captain Planet.

Find out how Powershop Australia compares to other Energy Providers

This company is a rip off

Jin Yan J.
Jin Yan J.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Excellent Service

I was never on the phone for more than 2 minutes until someone answered. The guys aren't just friendly, they actually know their stuff to be helpful. Very happy with their service and pricing. Have both our properties with Powershop, electricity and gas.

Joseph
JosephSydney, NSW

Used to be a gem, but now a dud

JMF09
JMF09Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

OVERDUE ACCOUNT

We joined Powershop when they first started, they now send us a Bill stating Overdue but is nor Due at all, we have never made a late payment in fact most times we have paid well in advance.
I consider an insult that one receives overdue account that is NOT overdue, Is this legal?
Good by Powershop

ServicesElectricity
Cameron P.
Cameron P.South East Queensland, QLD

Been with them for 3 years, still great value and no issues

ServicesElectricity
Millie
MillieSydney, NSW

Money can be better spent

I really wanted it to work out with Powershop but they wasted hours of my time. Check out Future super if you want to make a difference. Avoid these unprofessional jokers