Anonymous762

Anonymous762Victoria

My experience with Powership was excellent.

My experience with Powership was absolutely excellent. The staff members were honest and ethical. I am no longer with them as I cannot choose my provider as the other person I live with does not like it that they do not have paper bills, and you are discouraged over the phone verbal communication, and you are expected to mainly communicate online. I used them for about 12 months in 2017. Please note that I was not using much electricity at this time, I was a very low user. The prices were very cheap. This company is certainly not for everyone. If you live in a group, and all the group members know how to pay the power bill , know how to use the app, and co-operate with each other well, I think it would work better than if you live alone.

Powershop A.Powershop Australia

Appreciate the great review!

Vynvalor

Vynvalor

Excellent App

The app is really good. I pay and manage almost everything through it. Plus it works really well with a smart meter. I get to see my minute by minute usage which helps me control my energy usage.

ServicesElectricity and Gas
Powershop A.Powershop Australia

Thanks for the great review, Vynvalor!

Check your Bills - they are stealing

We were connected with Powershop with our Gas. When we moved and closed the account we were then charged twice for a bill we had already paid (june - september). They also insured me the reading was real however when I sent a photo to check our reading was lower than what they had on file. It took over 2 hours on the phone and 5 staff for them to see I had already paid for june to august so our final bill should only have been one month not 4!! I was lied to about the genuine reading and also being overly charged. Warning to check all bills before paying. Customer service was terrible and I would tell every one to stay clear but check when you disconnect.

ServicesGas
Michael.

Michael.Perth, WA

No info to disconnect

Powershop is very easy to sign up to. But there is no help or info to disconnect anywhere on their site. My gas is with Origin, no problem setting a disconnect date online with them. Powershop just makes it hard.

The address in their Complaints Handling Policy is invalid and bounces (feedback at Powershop). That's rather convenient.

Sonny

SonnyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Brilliant and Beneficial in Every Way

ServicesElectricity, Gas and Solar Buy-Back

Mike Q.

Mike Q.South East Queensland, QLD

Fantastic & cheap... but may be complicated for some users

I find there rates cheap - especially when you purchase ahead & grabbing any specials. I was upgraded at my request to a smart meter for free in 2 weeks, Origin refused when asked. With all the specials etc it's like buying petrol when cheap, well worth the effort if you can.

Nick

NickSydney, NSW

rip off paying more for electricity than we used to!

Jill

JillSouth East Queensland, QLD

So easy and affordable and green.

I wanted power from sustainable energy & none that was linked to fracking. I use my Power shop account to input my meter readings once a month on the day as shown on the calendar on my account. I purchase power packs which often give discounts on future energy use. I also make sure I use my power sparingly & efficiently.

LisaSydney, NSW

Beware it's a scam!

The way the billings, estimates, app and notifications are set up is confusing and disjointed. By the end of 6 months I was charged over $1300 for a small apartment of two people. They've now charged me $571 for one month when I was away for most of it! Plus, I can't get anyone on the phone to dispute this and they claim it's because the bills were estimates. Buyer beware.

Simon K.Sydney, NSW

No cancellation fee, but there is a FEE WHEN CANCELLING

At the beginning I was informed there is no cancellation fee. It is true. But then they still charge you heavily for disconnecting. DISINFORMATION. I asked clearly if there is ANY fee when cancelling, they said NO. I don't recommend them.

Simon K.

Thank you for your response. This pass-through fee is exactly what I’m talking about. Nobody informed me of this fee when I was setting up and asked a few times if there is ANY fee at the end of contract.

Phoenix D.

Phoenix D.South East Queensland, QLD

Complete scam

Chelsea M.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE

Can not believe this company still exists. Worst experience ever. Their staff are liars and we had to go through fair trading in the end. We are considering suing them. They told us if we don’t go with them the power at my house will be shut. That’s when we first moved to Australia and we didn’t know anything about it. Over charged us and lured us to sign up with them. Their staff [Name Removed] was LYING to us because they knew we were new. We are considering suing them.

Chelsea M.

Ask your staff Chris. Done with you guys.

And stop bullshitting.

jack b.

jack b.South East Queensland, QLD

Can't speak highly enough of the customer service.

Signed up on the "locked rate plan" was attached the next business day, I had one billing issue that was dealt with perfectly and professionally. The customer service experience was amazing!!!

Powershop A.Powershop Australia

Thanks for sharing your thoughts Jack, awesome to see such a positive review!

Jason mcmillin

Jason mcmillinNorthern Region, NSW

This company is a ripoff

Ripoff per month, we were getting charged about $170$220 per month which was fine and now they are charging my partner $550 per month, don’t go with these guys! Rip cause they will keep charging you and your prices will keep increasing while nothing is barely being used, I have found out that the current readings were incorrect and they have charged us for this, don’t go with these guys!

They have stated the first instalment of $550 was incorrect which the readings weren’t right and they still have stated this amount fully still stands.

Yeah goodbye we ain’t using this again! How can you bring down debts where they charge you a arm and a leg.

Offering no help at all.

Ronnie

RonnieNortheast, VIC

Good from the start but they are turning out like the others

Fred

FredGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Not so good

They can make you jump through hoops to get discounts. Going to their site and choosing a range op discount options. The initial price was cheap but before long they were much more expensive. This is based on my experience over 12 months ago so may be better now. Tango much better.

Lance

LanceSydney, NSW

Good help from customer service

I recently stopped using Powershop , and because of this I had some issues regarding my end-of-account reconciliation, and accessing billing history as access to the app was closed.

I sent an email to Powershop and received a very courteous replay (within 24 hours) advising me how to access billing history through the website, and also how the final credit was distributed.

I appreciate their good help.

Naomi

Naomi

Easy to use, fantastic service

When I moved house a few months ago, this was the ONLY utility company that made it easy. They set up my power within a day. The few times I have had to call them they do not leave me on hold for long periods of time, they know who I am by my phone number, and they have been friendly and helpful. I now have solar installed, and again, it was an easy process to switch. I love the app and seeing my usage each day which helps me regulate my power usage.

Powershop A.Powershop Australia

Hey Naomi, thanks for the awesome review! Don't hesitate to get in touch if we can help with any solar Q's :) Peter

Give these guys a wide berth

Andrew
Andrew

MelGHunter Region, NSW

Powershop Solar Feed in Tariff a bit sad

I’m in the process of getting Solar Power and I’m already a customer of Powershop. I chose Powershop primarily because of its sustainability ethos but I think a solar feed in Tarif of 10.2c kWh back to the grid for NSW is a bit dismal when you got the likes of AGL who offers 20c kWh. Also the general 12% discounts you get from buying Power Packs before your due date still leave you paying more than many other energy providers which is a bit of a con because you get penilised heavy for paying on time. I like the app and the energy consumption tools but is it enough???