• Rates and Fees

Linden

LindenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great for green energy but... beware

Beware of pricing plans. The shopper plan requires you every time to go online and add to cart a package to get some discount - I thought it was jut pay with direct deposit before the due date. This was not clear enough when signing up. I have thus lost probably $20 per bill because I did not know I had to go online and buy the pack. So, if you choose them, go with the light plan, it's automated.

svovas

svovasGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Simple as every service provider should be

I am a very conscious consumer and staying on top of the prices and services. I’m truly surprised that powershop successful formula is yet to be adopted across the industry.

-Simple pricing (no weird “pay on time” discounts).
-pay as you go ( no huge quarterly bills)
- low prices
-great app

What else do you need?

Emme

EmmeSydney

Love what they stand for but...

sedky

sedkyIllawarra, NSW

Quick, easy and transparent

We have been with Powershop for three years and can't fault their systems (website and app) or their customer service. I really like being able to track how much electricity we're using - especially over winter when we were seeing which approaches to heating were most efficient.

Shari

ShariSouth East Queensland, QLD

Gave me incorrect information which meant I had to pay a lot extra than I should have

Powershop A.Powershop Australia

Hi Shari - this doesn't sound right. Are you able to send us an email at complaints@powershop.com.au? Cheers, Peter

Tessa

TessaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Will rip you off

Our power bill has been around $160 per month give or take for 9 months to all of a sudden costing $800 for one months usage right when the new bill cycle occurs. All Power shop could tell us was we had a faulty object and would need to get an electrician out. I understand bills vary in price month to month but we haven’t changed anything majorly so how has it gone up this much???

Chris

ChrisVictoria

They were good.

Prices are not competitive enough and i have been forced to leave. There is no point paying more for the same product that others offer cheaper. Get onto Elysian energy folks. They'll be the cheapest for 2020.

Not sure what is happening here but my daily consumption has gone from 25kw a day to 7kw with Elysian. Is there something dodgy going on with Powershop? My bill has gone down by 2/3.

ALS

ALSSydney Surrounds, NSW

Really happy with the service and costs

I have been with Powershop for about 18 months. I tend to avoid the basic packs and buy the Green Energy and Community Energy packs. I buy all the packs in advance and check my meter about every two weeks, and I keep my costs down by turning off devices at the powerpoint. This works out costing me about $45 - $50 a month. I recently moved house and staff were really helpful and the transfer experience was seamless.

When I eventually install solar panels I hope to keep my relationship with Powershop going.

steven.lennon.710

steven.lennon.710South East Queensland, QLD

Excellent service, reasonable pricing and the greenest!

Been with Powershop for about two years and have moved twice with them. All interactions in relation to moving has been hassle free. I've found them to be very competitive on price. Rated number one by Greenpeace!

mjmcc

mjmcc

Great experience over a number of years

Have been with Powershop for a couple of years.
My experience had been great.
I love the business model. Everything is done electronically.
The app is great. Keeping track of usage by hour and day is easy as is purchase of power.
If you make an effort to understand the business model you will see thst rates are vety good.
Margaret

Worst of the lot!

Powershop A.Powershop Australia

Hi Ben, this doesn't seem like a good experience. Are you able to email your details to complaints@powershop.com.au and we'll look into this please? Thanks, Peter

Failed promises

Laird c.

Laird c.South-Eastern Region, NSW

Fantastic. Free SmartMeter. Solar friendly.

Fantastic. Free SmartMeter. The best off-peak power price available. (Origin refused me to go to TOU meter) I have 6 people we are very heavy users. I am lucky to have set up Solar and Battery and in summer it costs only $3.80/day. Work out what you want to pay then prepurchase from the shop. It is a bit strange giving them money then using that money in the shop to buy power at cheaper rates. Great idea. It takes a bit to get your head around it. Needs a good video with PDF of how it all works from a customer focus. My experience they are fantastic. My advice get a 7-10kw solar system with a 10kw battery and you will never look pack at high prices for power again. https://tinyurl.com/powershopCheap

ServicesElectricity and Solar Buy-Back

trev

trevGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

great company! extremely happy with them

I've been with many different power providers over the years, and have finally found the best!

I love how powershop allows you to pre-purchase power at heavily discounted rates in advance. such a better way to put the customer in control.

the mobile app is fantastic! you can see your power usage breakdown by the hour.

they often run promos where you get a bonus if you keep your power usage down for a set 2 your period.

amazing company, leading the pack in green power and ethics.

Donna H.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Disappointed and shocked!!

We've signed up last month and what I've seen was a shocked . Gas was soooooo high and our power seems ok at the moment. we never had a gas that almost $200 for a month? That is not right. Back in auckland our gas per month between $70 -$80 p/m I know is not Australia but I'm just saying. Thanks .

They will rip you off

I am a pensioner and they charged me hundreds of dollars per month for a tiny one person unit. My final bill was almost $50 for 3 days! I wasn't even in the house! They automatically take money from your account without much notice. I DO not recommended this company.

Heather
Heather

aCustomer

aCustomerSydney, NSW

Reasonable prices as well as clean energy

For our electricity, we switched to Powershop a few months back and can't recommend them enough. It's renewable energy. They have clear pricing. We have had no issues with set-up process and never had dropouts.

Nicole

NicoleSouth East Queensland, QLD

Horrible company, charging the triple of your real consumption

I switched from Origin to Powershop with the promise of a cheaper account as we always pay on time and don't consume a lot of energy. I received the first bill worth more than $500 (my previous charges were never greater than $290), and that's how they charge, an unimaginable estimate for you to pay for what you haven't consumed. I had to call several times until I had the correct amount. To terminate the contract I also had many problems with improper charges. I do not advise this company, only headache to pay your bills.

Sheridan Hills

Sheridan HillsGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

LOVE Powershop

Have been with Powershop over two houses, one with Solar and elec, and the second with elec and gas. Have had no issues whatsoever, and love their app and customer service.
Have had other power companies claim that companies like powershop "gouge" you unless you prepay. which isn't true. It's simple to see when you compare base rates!

ServicesElectricity, Gas and Solar Buy-Back
Powershop A.Powershop Australia

Thanks for the awesome review, Sheridan!

Ajith

AjithSouth East Queensland, QLD

Beware of Power Shop They Will Damage Your Solar System & Inverter

Just wanted to let all know to keep clear of Power Shop, with whom I switched from AGL . the smart meter got installed and solar quit working straight after that. Vector who is Power Shop subcontractor is deflected that they've done nothing wrong. the install was correct . Power Shop is today 28/10/19 advised that i'll have to call out an electrician to have a look at my who solar unit . overall experience with Power Shop has been worst . I regret leaving AGL, whose service is far better than that of Power Shop .

Sad Customer
Ajith

Michelle

Michelleasked

How can I receive a gas disconnection notice from Powershop Australia for not creating a gas account with Powershop Australia when I already get my gas and electricity from Red Energy? Are they trying to bully me into setting up an account with them by threat of disconnection?

Powershop A.Powershop Australia

Hi Michelle, thanks for reaching out. You can only have one supplier per meter point, so there looks to be some kind of mix up with your supply. You will need to confirm that you are being billed by Red Energy for the correct MIRN by checking your meter serial number. It's possible that you have the incorrect MIRN signed up with Red Energy, and Powershop holds the rights to the correct MIRN. Equally, it's possible that you have the correct MIRN signed up with Red Energy and the MIRN that Powershop holds the rights for is actually a neighbouring property, but either way it's something you'll need to get sorted or you could risk being disconnected. We're happy to help with this - give us a call on 1800 462 668, or Red Energy will also be able to assist by comparing your meter serial number with the MIRN. Cheers, Peter

Peter D.

Peter D.asked

Wow so many negative comments, Im really hoping theyre not true but willing to give you a try and see how it goes for a couple of months

Donna H.

We've signed up last month and reading all the negative comments too that really scares me. At the moment I've check our gas and it cost almost $200 ??? That really a shock. what else could cost us more during next winter? ...I'm thinking of switching. At the moment so not happy what I've seen In my apps.

TPT

TPTasked

Yeah I used to be on ~19c KWH and now it's 30c KWh.

My typical consumption was 15 KWh a day and now it's 28 KWh,

The usual bill was around $130 a month, and now it's jumped up to $270 a month.

AND nothing much has changed here - but your billing sure has.

Get an answer from our members and Powershop Australia representatives