• Rates and Fees
Jimmy

JimmyMelbourne

Don't bother reading your meter - its a waste of time.

jm

jmSydney, NSW

Can't live without it (no pun intended!)

I have been with powershop for almost a year now. I have not had to worry about making sure I pay my bill on time, its direct debited each month. When i switched over I received a smart meter, I will rave over this no end. The amount of data you can see online is great, see daily consumption from up to an hour before and loads of other great features. Not only that, I have found they are cheaper than other companys.

User friendly app

Powershop mobile app is very user friendly with great user experience. It's easy to navigate to different types of power and check my daily consumption. I really enjoy it. The only reason why I dropped out is the rate.

Rose Priddle

Rose PriddleSouthwest, VIC

One of the best power companies

Deceitful Company Practices

I installed a smart meter because my solar power needs it. Now Powershop has jacked my rates and daily charge. I addition their feed it tariff is beyond pathetic. Can't wait to try Enova

Jayne

JayneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Powershop - much more complicated than I expected :(

Swapped to Powershop to go green but their system is way more complicated than it needs to be - plus more expensive than 100% green with Origin - so back we go!

ServicesElectricity

I didn’t realise how expensive powershop was until I moved suppliers.

Playing with the app and purchasing in advance at first seemed like I was on a good thing by playing the market to get the best power deals. Whenever a deal came up, I’d buy it because it was lower the standard powershop rate. Smoke and mirrors and clever marketing had me hooked. I was convinced and addicted to the app. Power usage stats and all the bells and whistles. Prompt and friendly customer service.

Then I compared and called powershop who admitted over the phone that they are not the cheapest so I switched. My bills are now so much lower that I feel like I was duped.
Feel like a napping idiot supporting this New Zealand based organisation only to get ripped off.

Horrible/ overpriced/ lying company

I warn you NOT to join this energy company as they LIE, have TERRIBLE customer service and are extremely overpriced and overall horrible. I had moved into a new very small house, as a uni student living with her Grandma, we barely use any electricity/ gas and within those 3 months, I paid over $1000 in energy bills! Never seen anything like it. Horrible, money hungry company. I suggest any other company over this.

Tommy

TommyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

So far so good.

Powershop A.Powershop Australia

Thanks for the review Tommy, don't hesitate to reach out if you have any Q's!

Kyle KnightGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Avoid at all costs

Powershop registered me under the previous tenants name and tried to bill me for their electricity usage, over-estimated my meter without reading it multiple times, and their customer service staff are unpleasant to deal with. [Irrelevant Content Removed]. Save yourself the headache and avoid them.

Kyle Knight

Of course you'd never try to do it on purpose, you did it by mistake due to incompetence.

Powershop A.Powershop Australia

Hi Kyle, as discussed above I'm happy to have a look into your experience. Either send us an email or share your details privately over this platform. Cheers, Peter

Zac H

Zac HGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent Service and Great App

I have been with many companies and can say hand on heart speaking with Sandy to made me want to stay with them even more. I rang as a competitor was slightly cheaper and to see what options I had. I have decided to stay as Sandy made the time and effort to run me through the app and the features on the desktop online account to help me understand ways on savings and also how it all works. I now know to save on peak times and how my solar is contributing and how to enter my meter readings for a more accurate estimate. I wish something can be done though to make it a little more affordable for my gas bill as was high.

Steve G.

Steve G.Sydney, NSW

Would not recommend them

Was with them for about 8 months, I dont think they ever actually came to read my meter, constant estimate bills and was estimated really low. They will always ask for a meter self read when its their job to read the meter. Ended up with a large bill when I decided to cancel because they finally sent someone out to read my meter and realised that they had been under estimating me by significant amounts. Have switched to another provider now.

Sarah F

Sarah FGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Expensive & confusing

The packs are intentionally confusing so you end up paying heaps. What should have cost $200 cost us $600 plus. This should be illegal in Australia! When I called them, their apathy towards the situation was infuriating.

Kanga

KangaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Unaffordable PowerPacks and poor customer service

The Mega PowerPacks to obtain the greater discount have become unaffordable, pay $509 (to get $566 worth); who can afford to pay that much upfront. Unfortunately Power Shop is now too focused on renewable energy and, as a result, is becoming too expensive. Also ,when I called their “Customer Service” and enquired about The rates if I was to switch my gas over to Power Shop, I was abruptly informed by the consultant “that’s what the rates are and that’s it”. This poor customer service, along with pricing which is out of reach of the ordinary user, was why I decided to leave Power Shop and switch to an Australian owned company.

Gaz

GazGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Transfer Gas Utilities to Our New Residence

As a Powershop client we put an application to connect a new meter and new lines into our reno property and its been a nightmare. Its been over 30 days with no fixed date when we can have the Gas installed.

ServicesGas

Great service desk

I had to arranged for a job with the distributor under tight timeframes, their service desk was very responsive. App is very easy to use and I like the control I have over which packages to purchase.

Aussie G.

Aussie G.South East Queensland, QLD

Fantastic...

Customer service is the best and the readings you can do yourself is great ...I love the power pack system to buy ahead ...
The app is marvellous showing you projections usage and the ability to buy ahead is also great no bill shock ..
Not the overall cheapest but close and far better to pay a little more and have the tools to control your electricity in your hands ....
I’ve just joined but it would be nice to have the app or a system to advise you of which power packs to buy based on your usage ...but Love it ....

Tiana

TianaGippsland, VIC

They took $970 without my permission.

Powershop took $770 then $970 twice 18 months apart as an "error" without consent, leaving me w/o food & rent for a week before returning my stolen money. Am changing provider

Powershop A.Powershop Australia

Rewards proactive users, better for the planet

ServicesElectricity, Gas and Solar Buy-Back

Never changing electricity provider again.

Most affordable Premium electricity provider out there. They've never claimed to be the cheapest but aren't far off. Customer service is some of the best I've ever experienced. The method of purchasing power is like having a pre-paid mobile service. It's not for everyone but I'm never going anywhere else. I've got my family on board including for solar and the app is brilliant.

Anonymous762asked

When will Powershop provide discounts for people on Centrelink, to make them a more inclusive power company ?

Powershop A.Powershop Australia

Hi there, thanks for reaching out. If you are struggling with your bills, don't hesitate to give us a call. There are a few different ways we can help. Cheers, Peter

Anonymous762asked

When will Powershop provide paper bills?

Powershop A.Powershop Australia

Unfortunately it's unlikely we'll start issuing paper bills, as we believe online bills are a great way to save paper & footprint. However, if you require one as a once-off please let us know and we will see what we can do.

Anonymous762

Thank you for your response.

Anonymous762

Some people cannot have the email bill option due to computer hackers, or their computer system being down.

Michelle

Michelleasked

How can I receive a gas disconnection notice from Powershop Australia for not creating a gas account with Powershop Australia when I already get my gas and electricity from Red Energy? Are they trying to bully me into setting up an account with them by threat of disconnection?

Powershop A.Powershop Australia

Hi Michelle, thanks for reaching out. You can only have one supplier per meter point, so there looks to be some kind of mix up with your supply. You will need to confirm that you are being billed by Red Energy for the correct MIRN by checking your meter serial number. It's possible that you have the incorrect MIRN signed up with Red Energy, and Powershop holds the rights to the correct MIRN. Equally, it's possible that you have the correct MIRN signed up with Red Energy and the MIRN that Powershop holds the rights for is actually a neighbouring property, but either way it's something you'll need to get sorted or you could risk being disconnected. We're happy to help with this - give us a call on 1800 462 668, or Red Energy will also be able to assist by comparing your meter serial number with the MIRN. Cheers, Peter

Get an answer from our members and Powershop Australia representatives