Worst of the lot!

Failed promises

Laird c.

Laird c.South-Eastern Region, NSW

Fantastic. Free SmartMeter. Solar friendly.

Fantastic. Free SmartMeter. The best off-peak power price available. (Origin refused me to go to TOU meter) I have 6 people we are very heavy users. I am lucky to have set up Solar and Battery and in summer it costs only $3.80/day. Work out what you want to pay then prepurchase from the shop. It is a bit strange giving them money then using that money in the shop to buy power at cheaper rates. Great idea. It takes a bit to get your head around it. Needs a good video with PDF of how it all works from a customer focus. My experience they are fantastic. My advice get a 7-10kw solar system with a 10kw battery and you will never look pack at high prices for power again. https://tinyurl.com/powershopCheap

ServicesElectricity and Solar Buy-Back
trev

trevGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

great company! extremely happy with them

I've been with many different power providers over the years, and have finally found the best!

I love how powershop allows you to pre-purchase power at heavily discounted rates in advance. such a better way to put the customer in control.

the mobile app is fantastic! you can see your power usage breakdown by the hour.

they often run promos where you get a bonus if you keep your power usage down for a set 2 your period.

amazing company, leading the pack in green power and ethics.

Donna H.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Disappointed and shocked!!

We've signed up last month and what I've seen was a shocked . Gas was soooooo high and our power seems ok at the moment. we never had a gas that almost $200 for a month? That is not right. Back in auckland our gas per month between $70 -$80 p/m I know is not Australia but I'm just saying. Thanks .

They will rip you off

I am a pensioner and they charged me hundreds of dollars per month for a tiny one person unit. My final bill was almost $50 for 3 days! I wasn't even in the house! They automatically take money from your account without much notice. I DO not recommended this company.

Heather
Heather

aCustomer

aCustomerSydney, NSW

Reasonable prices as well as clean energy

For our electricity, we switched to Powershop a few months back and can't recommend them enough. It's renewable energy. They have clear pricing. We have had no issues with set-up process and never had dropouts.

Nicole

NicoleSouth East Queensland, QLD

Horrible company, charging the triple of your real consumption

I switched from Origin to Powershop with the promise of a cheaper account as we always pay on time and don't consume a lot of energy. I received the first bill worth more than $500 (my previous charges were never greater than $290), and that's how they charge, an unimaginable estimate for you to pay for what you haven't consumed. I had to call several times until I had the correct amount. To terminate the contract I also had many problems with improper charges. I do not advise this company, only headache to pay your bills.

Sheridan Hills

Sheridan HillsGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

LOVE Powershop

Have been with Powershop over two houses, one with Solar and elec, and the second with elec and gas. Have had no issues whatsoever, and love their app and customer service.
Have had other power companies claim that companies like powershop "gouge" you unless you prepay. which isn't true. It's simple to see when you compare base rates!

ServicesElectricity, Gas and Solar Buy-Back
Powershop A.Powershop Australia

Thanks for the awesome review, Sheridan!

Ajith

AjithSouth East Queensland, QLD

Beware of Power Shop They Will Damage Your Solar System & Inverter

Just wanted to let all know to keep clear of Power Shop, with whom I switched from AGL . the smart meter got installed and solar quit working straight after that. Vector who is Power Shop subcontractor is deflected that they've done nothing wrong. the install was correct . Power Shop is today 28/10/19 advised that i'll have to call out an electrician to have a look at my who solar unit . overall experience with Power Shop has been worst . I regret leaving AGL, whose service is far better than that of Power Shop .

Sad Customer
Ajith

David K

David KHunter Region, NSW

Poor Customer Service

I have been using Powershop as my retail energy supplier for a couple of years. Earlier this year I agreed to let them install a smart meter at my home. Recently I have had a problem with my power supply (converted from two phase to single phase to maximise the use of battery storage) and have contacted them twice, once about the impact on the smart meter and recently because the Powershop app isn't showing my power usage after the conversion to single phase. Both times it has taken over a week to get a response. The first time they stated they were unable to help. The second time (now 9 days after complaining) they claim they are still working on the 'problem'.
They rate very poorly on customer service.

ROSP

ROSPSouth East Queensland, QLD

Powershop love

Have been with Powershop for over 5 years and 2 houses now. Cannot recommend highly enough- great customer service and transparency- makes moving super easy too. The app works seamlessly -and with a smart meter you can really identify when you are using power and where you can make some savings. The future packs lock in savings and you can also plan ahead for future bills which are transparently estimated based on your past usage. If you don't have a smart meter yet - Get one free with these guys and see where your electricity goes. Am really surprised by the number of negative reviews here- not my experience and I've had some shockers with other energy companies.

Powershop A.Powershop Australia

Thanks for the amazing review, we love you too!

Anonymous762

Anonymous762Victoria

My experience with Powership was excellent.

My experience with Powership was absolutely excellent. The staff members were honest and ethical. I am no longer with them as I cannot choose my provider as the other person I live with does not like it that they do not have paper bills, and you are discouraged over the phone verbal communication, and you are expected to mainly communicate online. I used them for about 12 months in 2017. Please note that I was not using much electricity at this time, I was a very low user. The prices were very cheap. This company is certainly not for everyone. If you live in a group, and all the group members know how to pay the power bill , know how to use the app, and co-operate with each other well, I think it would work better than if you live alone.

Powershop A.Powershop Australia

Appreciate the great review!

Vynvalor

Vynvalor

Excellent App

The app is really good. I pay and manage almost everything through it. Plus it works really well with a smart meter. I get to see my minute by minute usage which helps me control my energy usage.

Powershop A.Powershop Australia

Thanks for the great review, Vynvalor!

Check your Bills - they are stealing

We were connected with Powershop with our Gas. When we moved and closed the account we were then charged twice for a bill we had already paid (june - september). They also insured me the reading was real however when I sent a photo to check our reading was lower than what they had on file. It took over 2 hours on the phone and 5 staff for them to see I had already paid for june to august so our final bill should only have been one month not 4!! I was lied to about the genuine reading and also being overly charged. Warning to check all bills before paying. Customer service was terrible and I would tell every one to stay clear but check when you disconnect.

ServicesGas
Michael.

Michael.Perth, WA

No info to disconnect

Powershop is very easy to sign up to. But there is no help or info to disconnect anywhere on their site. My gas is with Origin, no problem setting a disconnect date online with them. Powershop just makes it hard.

The address in their Complaints Handling Policy is invalid and bounces (feedback at Powershop). That's rather convenient.

ServicesElectricity and Solar Buy-Back

Sonny

SonnyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Brilliant and Beneficial in Every Way

ServicesElectricity, Gas and Solar Buy-Back

Mike Q.

Mike Q.South East Queensland, QLD

Fantastic & cheap... but may be complicated for some users

I find there rates cheap - especially when you purchase ahead & grabbing any specials. I was upgraded at my request to a smart meter for free in 2 weeks, Origin refused when asked. With all the specials etc it's like buying petrol when cheap, well worth the effort if you can.

Nick

NickSydney, NSW

rip off paying more for electricity than we used to!

Jill

JillSouth East Queensland, QLD

So easy and affordable and green.

I wanted power from sustainable energy & none that was linked to fracking. I use my Power shop account to input my meter readings once a month on the day as shown on the calendar on my account. I purchase power packs which often give discounts on future energy use. I also make sure I use my power sparingly & efficiently.