See the Best Pet Insurance in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Prime Pet Insurance

1.9
  • Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (5)
    • 1-2 weeks (2)
    • 2-4 weeks (1)
    • 3+ months (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (5) · No (5)

ljp Australia
ljp AustraliaNew South Wales

polite, helpful, easy to understand, very impressive skills.

recently I had cause to call Prime pet insurance and spoke to 'Xia'. he was fantastic and is a credit to your company, he was polite, helpful, easy to understand and his overallskills were very impressive.

Claim Made No
Customer RelationsPrime Pet InsuranceSend a private message

21% increase in premiums after 8 years because my dog is getting older (10 years old)

I have paid $145 per month for 8 years - made one $1000 claim and now they have hiked up the premium to $176 per month! This is ridiculous - when your pet gets old they don't want to insure them so they make it unaffordable. There is no legitimate reason other than this - they say it's vet fees - this is crap- they just don't want an old dog on their books. My dog is only ten. Don't get stung like me.
They punish you for being loyal.

MPT
MPT

The points in my comment still stand.

Hi MPT,
Thank you for the reply. If you would like assistance with your query, please do not hesitate to reach out. We would appreciate the opportunity to be of assistance.
Scott

Disappointed
DisappointedSouth East Queensland, QLD

Cancellation Charges

I have been with Prime Pet Insurance for 9 Months and have made 1 claim for $143.68. I have paid $565.63 so far in premiums. I got a quote from another Insurance company that was $305.00 cheaper per year. I contacted Prime to cancel my insurance and was told as I had made a claim of $143.68 I would have to pay my premium until my due date, this will total another $208.39. Total being paid of $774.02. I have offered to pay the claim back to them so that I can cancel the policy and that has to be approved apparently. Very disappointed with this company and it's policies.

Staff help
Staff helpSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good product and service.

The policy can seem a bit expensive, I have 2 dogs so do get a discount on one but I still feel the price could be a bit better. In saying that I wouldn't choose an alternate insurer unless offer a better price for the same product.
My claims are paid in good time and The only thing I think any pet insurance should consider is general health cover like vaccines and dental cleans

Fabrice
FabriceSydney, NSW

Terrible customer service

I have been trying to call customer service several times. The line goes to a third party receptionist all the time and they take your name and contact details for a return call back. What kind of customer line is this? No one has called me back yet. I need an application cancelled before the policy starts on 11/06 11:59pm as i no longer wish to go ahead with it.

PPACKHAM
PPACKHAMNorth Western Region, NSW

Unacceptable and Concerning

Customer RelationsPrime Pet InsuranceSend a private message

I need you to contact me!

Hello Prime, I have been trying for a long time to get in contact with you.
I have tried a handful of times to change my bank details on the portal and they will not register. I also need to change my address which the portal will also not let me do.
Over many weeks I have been attempting this.
I have called multiple times and can not get through, I speak with only someone in reception who takes my details and says I will get a call back.
My insurance is incredibly overdue and I AM TRYING TO PAY IT!
I understand due to the virus call centres are going crazy right now but I need you to contact me I am trying to give you my money.
Policy Number: [Number Removed]

Hi Lori,
I just wanted to follow up with you, as I understand that a member of our team has been in contact to assist with updating your details. If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Lori E.
Lori E.

Yes I have spoken with somebody! Thank you for the help!

Super Funds Awards 2022!

super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Style_Meets_Emotion
Style_Meets_EmotionSydney, NSW

A REAL Pet Insurance company that does the right thing.

Jason
JasonMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

26% Premium Increase over 2 Years with no claims

We have had our dog insured with Prime since eligible and have just received our policy renewal, premiums have increased 9% this year and 26% over the past 2 years. And this is without making a claim. Highway robbery!!

Georgia H.
Georgia H.Sydney, NSW

Prime Pet Insurance looked after me

My darling cat Keara died of cancer this week. Prime has been so supportive over the years . They paid the many chemo / meds claims I made quickly and were supportive throughout her journey.

Charles Spanti
Charles SpantiGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Stay away from Prime

I was with Prime and always had issues getting my med bill paid back. Always issues. Stay away from these guys, they are hopeless..they take your money then try to exclude things afterwards......walk away from prime pet insure

Claim Made Yes
Claim ApprovedNo

Hi Charles,
I am sorry to hear that you feel this way in relation to our policies. If you would like to discuss your experience further, please do not hesitate to send me a private message with your policy and contact details.

MelaniSydney, NSW

Think Twice Before Joining Prime Pet Insurance

Hi Melani,
We’re sorry to hear about your recent claiming experience. I have sent you a private message to obtain further details as I would like to look into this for you.

Paul C.
Paul C.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Bad faith. Squirm out of claims. Do not use.

Hi Paul,
I am sorry to hear about your experience. I would like the opportunity to look into this further for you and I have sent you a private message requesting some additional information.

Yunis L.
Yunis L.Perth, WA

My blind epileptic dog

I have had Prime insurance since I got my puppy 4 yrs ago. 2.5 yrs ago my dog went blind and started having seizures, we took Reggie to all sorts of specialists that cost fortunes and he has had ongoing tablets now up to this date to manage his seizures. Prime have been fantastic helping us with vet bills and ongoing prescriptions. Thank you so much for being effortless to deal with and getting our money back from the vet bills.

Olivia R.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Unsympathetic company

Hi Olivia R.,
I understand that a representative from our Customer Resolutions Team has been in contact with you today and is working with you to resolve the concerns you raised.
Sharon