Prime Pet Insurance

Prime Pet Insurance

Cost of insurance

I have had one dog with prime for 3.5 years over $75 a month - pretty bloody high cost. I want to insure my new pup and they want so much more than the older dog. They have refused to negotiate a more reasonable quote. They are going to lose 14 - 16 years of business just for the $5 I wanted to negotiate - plus all the people that ask me about my experience with the company! And I have a lot of people who ask me about who I insure with

Pet Type(s) InsuredDog
Claim MadeNo
Hi Robyn, I am sorry to hear of your frustration whilst obtaining a quote to add your new pup to your existing policy. I would like to escalate this to have one of our senior team members look into this for you. Can you please private message me your policy number together with your contact details and someone will be in contact with you. Kind regards, TessI just want a fair deal when I have two dogs. I train dogs and handlers ask me who is a good company- i can’t refer your company if you are non negotiable.

An issue free claim

I bought a Prime Pet insurance policy for my puppy over 4 months ago. I did not do much research but from what I read on the Prime Pet Insurance Policy website it sounded pretty good. I got the top cover which is not cheap but I wanted a peace of mind. Last week my puppy had an unfortunate incident of swallowing a foreign object and had to undergo an emergency surgery which ended up being over $3,600. I lodged the claim and got the refund within a few days. No questions asked. Whilst I was waiting for the refund I found these reviews and was expecting issues but contrary to the majority of reviews my experience with Prime Pet Insurance has been positive so far.

Pet Type(s) InsuredDog
Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateApril 2019
Claim ApprovedYes
Hi Alex, Thank you for such a wonderful review, we really appreciate it. I am happy to hear that we were able to provide you with peace of mind and support with your claim. I hope that your puppy is recovering well after surgery. Kind regards, Tess

Don't do it.

Don't waste your time with these people, they don't pay anything out ever and they will lie to you in order to get you to sign up. They money we've given to them so far could have easily paid Fletcher's vet bill, it's not worth the money at all.

Pet Type(s) InsuredCat
Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateFebruary 2019
Claim ApprovedNo
Hi Isabelle, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am sorry to hear that you have not had a positive experience whilst holding your policy with us. You may be able to apply to have your claim reviewed, in which I can arrange for you to be contacted to discuss this option. If you would be open to discussing this further, please send a private message with your policy and contact details. Kind regards, Tess

Updated Review

After angrily attempting to cancel my policy I was put in contact with an excellent customer service member and she listened and resolved my claim. I have since been paid which I am grateful for.

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateMarch 2019
Claim ApprovedYes
Hi Mpt, I am very sorry to hear of the frustration you have experienced. Your first claim does require a full vet history from the adoption. As you have mentioned you are unable to provide the adoption certificate, however we will accept change of ownership papers for your pet. If you are open to discussing this further, please send me private message with your policy details together with your contact number and I will arrange for someone to contact you. Kind regards, TessHi Mpt, Thank you for taking the time to update your review, we really appreciate it. It is great to hear that you received excellent customer service in resolving your claim. Kind regards, Tess

Thieves. Do not use this company

Customer for 18 months with no claims. Lodged 4 standard vet visit claims and all rejected. Tried to cancel policy and usual strategy applied of disconnecting me twice, transferred me to department who said they couldn’t help, offered 2 day callback until I mentioned ombudsman then miraculously a supervisor got on the line and canceled policy. What an abject disgrace of a company.

Insurance claim madeYes
It's disappointing to hear you've had an unpleasant experience with us. We strive to ensure that all our customers receive the best customer service experience and we take all customer feedback on board in order to improve our processes.

Sub-Prime Pet Insurance - AVOID

We have been with Prime Pet Insurance for 10 months now. I am extremely disappointed with their service and selectivity of their claims. They will deny perfectly legitimate claims with the very trivial excuses. Their level of coverage is abysmal, and customer service is even worst.

My dog had a legitimate accidental injury which required stitches. This claim was denied, leaving us out of pocket by $500.

Please take this from me, avoid this company. They take your money and rob you blind.

Prime Pet Insurance, I am looking into reporting your business practices to the Australian Consumer Protection.

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi Alex, sorry to hear you had a negative experience. Unfortunately, the terms and conditions outlined in our PDS mean that not all items are covered. Please send us a private message with your policy and contact details so we can get a claims manager in contact with you to further discuss.

Theifs!

I have been with prime for 2 months before canceling the policy with them due to other bad reviews and now having issues with them taking money! I cancelled over a week ago due to them repeatedly failing to take payments then blaming me even though I had more than enough money in my account! After cancelling i confirmed that they wouldn't try to take anymore payments they say yes no more payments, 10mins later I got a text to say they would take it next week so rang back to tell them no they wouldnt be and they said it was and error message they wouldnt take the payment then today they have taken another payment!!! After screaming down the phone for a good 20 minutes they were useless couldnt help and told me to call back to speak to a manager tomorrow and they might be able to get the payments stopped! You cant take payments when I've cancelled my policy! Bunch of idiots and con artists! Do not go with this company!!! All they want is your money and dont care about your pets!!!

Insurance claim madeNo
We're sorry to hear this. We will forward your details on to a Service Manager and ensure someone gets in touch with you shortly. Could you please send us a private message with your policy details?You had my details yesterday and apparently someone was going to call me first thing this morning! ANOTHER LIE!!! Useless company! You had no right to my money after i cancelled my policy! What you did was illegal! And i should sue you!!!

Standard shameful insurance

2 years with the company, found out that i'd signed up to a 2 year waiting period for the extra dental cover we purchased on top of the top policy... over 23 months into the policy we made our first claim for some emergency dental work which due to this pretty despicable waiting period they won't contribute to. I don't know why I even bother with insurance, it's never a good experience, they're happy to collect your hard earned cash every month but always have a term in their policies to get them out of paying claims. I may just move to another provider out of principle, I know it was my fault for not noticing the 24 month wait period, but some lenience due to it being our only claim and 23+ months into the policy would have been nice.

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi Jonny, our apologies for any inconvenience. If you would like to send us a private message with your policy details and phone number we can get you in contact with a member of our Service Team to further discuss.Hi Prime PI- the customer service agent I already spoke to didn't seem too interested in looking for a way to help us here. I'm happy to discuss but don't want to waste your or my time. Our policy number is PM05651671, feel free to reach out to either my wife or I if there is a possibility of leniency, however, my problem is probably more around the 24 month wait period which exists on your most premium policy, I don't know how standard this is but we certainly picked the highest cover and expected better terms.

They rob you blind

This company reimburses minimal conditions. Refused to pay for my dogs second ACL surgery because they were within the same year of each other..... any reputable pet company would know that dogs with ACL injuries are likely to do both knees within a year of each other. Very shady company... avoid at all costs

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi Angela, we are sorry that we were unable to help you this time. Unfortunately, the terms and conditions outlined in our PDS mean that not all items are covered. If you would like to discuss this matter further, please email our customer service team at prime@petsure.com.au with your policy number and contact number.

I am trying to cancel my policy and they tell me that I have to wait for a call-back in 1-2 days.

4 months, no claims made. very expensive so expected better service. How dare they not cancel my policy when I instruct them! After verifying all me details they leaving me waiting on the phone for 15 minutes to tell me that? I am glad that I will never have to make claim with them.

Insurance claim madeNo
Hi Tina, we're sorry to hear you are unhappy with the service provided. If you require further assistance with cancelling your policy please share your policy details with us in a private message at www.facebook.com/Primepetinsurance thanks.

Tried to cancel this policy and took 3 phone calls to be put on hold every time was then tried to be

3 days which was long enough after trying to get through to there customer service it was a huge nightmare

Insurance claim madeNo
Hi Shelly, we're sorry to hear that you had such a negative experience with us. We do hope this matter has now been sorted, however, if you do require any further assistance please send us a private message on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Primepetinsurance thanks.

Poor customer service and will do everything they can to avoid paying claims - read the fine print

One of the more expensive options on the market. The first experience of calling their customer service team was terrible.

After our pet had an accident they refused to pay the claim saying that the accident resulted in an illness and illness wasn't covered. If you broke your fingers that would be an accidental injury and not an illness. After 20 mins of going back and forth on the phone I was so frustrated.

Based on this experience I would suggest reading the cover documents carefully and only taking out this cover if you want very basic coverage at a VERY high price. There are better options out there.

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi David, thanks for your feedback. Unfortunately, as with all insurance policies, our policies have terms and conditions outlined in the policy booklet which mean not all items can be covered. If you would like to discuss your claim further please share your details with us. You can send us a private message on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Primepetinsurance.

Thieves

I organized top cover with prime in preparation for the arrival of our puppy whose breed does have a history of health problems - so I thought I was preparing for this. Waste of time and money. Communication is terrible, especially with following up on claims. Found the loop hole they were looking for and will not cover our claim. So upset that I’ve wasted so much money on top pet insurance to have none of our expenses covered. Definitely do not recommend prime pet insurance and will be cancelling my policy first thing tomorrow

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi Elyse - Sorry, we couldn't help you this time. Unfortunately, all policies have limitations of one form or another, due to which the claims are rejected sometimes. All claimants can have their claims reviewed. If you wish to proceed with this, please send us your policy details and a Claims Manager will be in touch to assist further. Thank you

Lodge claim and still waiting on refund

Prime pet insurance dont care about your pets. All they care about if getting your money and not giving back. I have been with prime pet insurance for a few years now. I am really thinking of cancelling and just put the fortnightly money in a saving account

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi Jase, we're sorry to hear you feel this way. If we can assist with your policy please share your details with us and we'll arrange for a team member to contact you. You can send us a private message on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Primepetinsurance thanks.

Bad Policy Management and Communication

My policy was paid via direct debit for almost 4 years. When the direct debit lapsed (as I had to set a timeframe on the duration), I was never notified and they cancelled my policy which means that any vet bills I had paid for during the time period (in which the cover was paid) will not be reimbursed. Very bad communication. Any other company would notify their customers that a payment was missed or a direct debit was not successful. Plus their online claim system was only recently implemented. Previously, claiming any vet bills was by post and a waste of time.

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi Lucy, thanks for sharing your feedback with us. It's important to note that as per the terms and conditions of the policy booklet, if a premium instalment is not paid by the due date and if the unpaid premium remains in arrears for more than thirty (30) days we may cancel your policy without notification. If you'd like to discuss your policy further please share your details with us and we'll arrange for a team member to contact you. You can send us a private message on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Primepetinsurance thank you.

Great product so far

We have had no problem with refunds from this company. They have paid out our claims. We have two dogs insured over 2.5 years. Expensive but you get what you pay for. Respectful people on the phone. I had an issue where I was supposed to provide consultation notes. They said they had sent me a letter but we never got it. Sorted quickly and received our money quickly. So far so good.

Insurance claim madeYes

Read the PDS really carefully!

They claim the waiting period is 30 days, and 6 months for cruciate ligament injury. I picked this policy because it was one of few with dental cover. Turns out there's a TWO YEAR waiting period on dental, and anything that happens during that two years will be classified as a pre-existing condition, which they don't mention when they're telling you about waiting periods. When I tried to cancel the policy, they just ignored the email I sent. I also continued to received 2-3 calls a day from their sales team trying to sell me the policy I had already bought. Nothing about this company makes me trust that they are competent.

Insurance claim madeNo
Hi Chloe, thanks for sharing your feedback. Unfortunately, as per the terms and conditions of the policy outlined on the website and in the policy booklet, not all items are able to be covered and various waiting period do apply. In this case, the Dental Illness Benefit is available after holding cover for two years and does not cover dental illnesses which are present during that period. If you'd like to speak with a team member regarding your policy please share your details with us. You can contact us via private message on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Primepetinsurance thank you.Can you advise why this is not included as part of the quote process, along with the other relevant waiting periods?Hi Chloe, our standard practice is to inform the customer of relevant waiting periods. If you'd like to provide us with your policy details we can arrange for your call to be reviewed, thank you.

Complete crap

I have my dog insured with prime pet insurance and my cat insured with Medibank insurance company. Both companies have the same underwriter but they claim to be 2 completely different companies. I have put a claim in to MEDIBANK for my cat for about $4500 but somehow TWICE now it has ended up with prime pet insurance and they keep hassling me asking for history for my dog who has never even been to the vet hospital I made the claim through for my cat. They also refuse to send the Medibank Insurance Form that I filled out with my cats details and posted to Medibank back through to Medibank insurance even though they use the same system! I would give a 0 review if I could. As soon as my policy year is up I will be cancelling.

Insurance claim madeNo
Hi Jami, we'd like to look into this matter further for you. Can you please share the Prime Pet Insurance policy details for your dog's policy with us? You can send us a private message on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Primepetinsurance or on this platform, thank you.

Scammers. Do not go through this company

We just had a histeocytoma removed from our 5 year old hungarian vizsla. Thankfully it wasnt cancerous. We called previously to see if it was going to be covered. They said it would be covered up to 80% then after we payed almost 1300 dollars they send a letter saying we will receive no payment due to a pre-existing condition. She has never had any skin issues ever before this. Turns out when she was 5 months old she had a bump on her lip that we had checked out at the vet, nothing major just a check. It was probably due to a bug bite or something. And they have said she has pre-existing skin conditions and they will not cover it. So they have gone through her entire medical history to find something to void the claim. Although it has absolutely zero to do with a histeocytoma. They are a bunch of crooks and will look for any reason to not pay. So now we are 1300 dollars poorer and have since signed up to RSPCA pet insurance. The customer service is terrible. The indians that are in the call centre are very rude and have zero compassion and they do not try and resolve anything.

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi Daniel, we appreciate you sharing your feedback and are disappointed to hear you had a negative experience with us. If you'd like to discuss this matter further please share your contact details with us, thank you.

Yet another pet insurance scam.

Claims continuously denied, irrespective of insurance level. Common sense fails to prevail. No policy refund if cancelled prior to end of period. Be warned, this is yet another pet insurance scam. Same game, different name.

Insurance claim madeYes
Hello, thanks for sharing your feedback with us. If you require assistance with your policy or would like to discuss a claim please share your policy or contact details with us. We can be reached on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Primepetinsurance thank you.How about giving me my remaining premium back like any other insurer would upon early policy termination?Hi MTT, as per the terms and conditions outlined in our policy booklet, if you cancel your policy after the cooling off period and you have paid the annual premium in full, provided no claim has been made, we will refund the premium less the amount covering the period you were insured for and any government or statutory charges we are unable to recover. If your premiums were paid in installments, there is no premium refund. If you cancel your policy after having made a claim, no premium refunds are payable and the remaining premium for the policy period must be paid. If you would like to discuss this further please share your details with us and we will arrange for a Service Manager to contact you, thank you.