Charles Spanti

Charles SpantiGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Stay away from Prime

I was with Prime and always had issues getting my med bill paid back. Always issues. Stay away from these guys, they are hopeless..they take your money then try to exclude things afterwards......walk away from prime pet insure

Hi Charles,
I am sorry to hear that you feel this way in relation to our policies. If you would like to discuss your experience further, please do not hesitate to send me a private message with your policy and contact details.

Melani

MelaniSydney, NSW

Think Twice Before Joining Prime Pet Insurance

Number of Pets2 pets
Claim DateSeptember 2019

Hi Melani,
We’re sorry to hear about your recent claiming experience. I have sent you a private message to obtain further details as I would like to look into this for you.

Paul C.

Paul C.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Bad faith. Squirm out of claims. Do not use.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateAugust 2019

Hi Paul,
I am sorry to hear about your experience. I would like the opportunity to look into this further for you and I have sent you a private message requesting some additional information.

Yunis L.

Yunis L.Perth, WA

My blind epileptic dog

I have had Prime insurance since I got my puppy 4 yrs ago. 2.5 yrs ago my dog went blind and started having seizures, we took Reggie to all sorts of specialists that cost fortunes and he has had ongoing tablets now up to this date to manage his seizures. Prime have been fantastic helping us with vet bills and ongoing prescriptions. Thank you so much for being effortless to deal with and getting our money back from the vet bills.

Claim DateMay 2019

Olivia R.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Unsympathetic company

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateJune 2019

Hi Olivia R.,
I understand that a representative from our Customer Resolutions Team has been in contact with you today and is working with you to resolve the concerns you raised.
Sharon

Robyn A.South East Queensland, QLD

Cost of insurance

I have had one dog with prime for 3.5 years over $75 a month - pretty bloody high cost. I want to insure my new pup and they want so much more than the older dog. They have refused to negotiate a more reasonable quote. They are going to lose 14 - 16 years of business just for the $5 I wanted to negotiate - plus all the people that ask me about my experience with the company! And I have a lot of people who ask me about who I insure with

Claim MadeNo
Robyn A.

I just want a fair deal when I have two dogs. I train dogs and handlers ask me who is a good company- i can’t refer your company if you are non negotiable.

Alex Gitlits

Alex GitlitsGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

An issue free claim

I bought a Prime Pet insurance policy for my puppy over 4 months ago. I did not do much research but from what I read on the Prime Pet Insurance Policy website it sounded pretty good. I got the top cover which is not cheap but I wanted a peace of mind. Last week my puppy had an unfortunate incident of swallowing a foreign object and had to undergo an emergency surgery which ended up being over $3,600. I lodged the claim and got the refund within a few days. No questions asked. Whilst I was waiting for the refund I found these reviews and was expecting issues but contrary to the majority of reviews my experience with Prime Pet Insurance has been positive so far.

Claim DateApril 2019

Hi Alex,
Thank you for such a wonderful review, we really appreciate it. I am happy to hear that we were able to provide you with peace of mind and support with your claim. I hope that your puppy is recovering well after surgery.
Tess

Isabelle

Isabelle

Don't do it.

Don't waste your time with these people, they don't pay anything out ever and they will lie to you in order to get you to sign up. They money we've given to them so far could have easily paid Fletcher's vet bill, it's not worth the money at all.

Pet Type(s) InsuredCat
Claim DateFebruary 2019

Updated Review

After angrily attempting to cancel my policy I was put in contact with an excellent customer service member and she listened and resolved my claim. I have since been paid which I am grateful for.

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateMarch 2019

Hi Mpt,
Thank you for taking the time to update your review, we really appreciate it. It is great to hear that you received excellent customer service in resolving your claim.
Tess

Tom

TomAdelaide

Thieves. Do not use this company

Customer for 18 months with no claims. Lodged 4 standard vet visit claims and all rejected. Tried to cancel policy and usual strategy applied of disconnecting me twice, transferred me to department who said they couldn’t help, offered 2 day callback until I mentioned ombudsman then miraculously a supervisor got on the line and canceled policy. What an abject disgrace of a company.

Customer RelationsPrime Pet Insurance

It's disappointing to hear you've had an unpleasant experience with us. We strive to ensure that all our customers receive the best customer service experience and we take all customer feedback on board in order to improve our processes.

Alex

AlexPerth

Sub-Prime Pet Insurance - AVOID

We have been with Prime Pet Insurance for 10 months now. I am extremely disappointed with their service and selectivity of their claims. They will deny perfectly legitimate claims with the very trivial excuses. Their level of coverage is abysmal, and customer service is even worst.

My dog had a legitimate accidental injury which required stitches. This claim was denied, leaving us out of pocket by $500.

Please take this from me, avoid this company. They take your money and rob you blind.

Prime Pet Insurance, I am looking into reporting your business practices to the Australian Consumer Protection.

Abbie JPerth

Theifs!

Benedict G.Prime Pet Insurance

We're sorry to hear this. We will forward your details on to a Service Manager and ensure someone gets in touch with you shortly. Could you please send us a private message with your policy details?

Abbie J

You had my details yesterday and apparently someone was going to call me first thing this morning! ANOTHER LIE!!! Useless company! You had no right to my money after i cancelled my policy! What you did was illegal! And i should sue you!!!

Standard shameful insurance

2 years with the company, found out that i'd signed up to a 2 year waiting period for the extra dental cover we purchased on top of the top policy... over 23 months into the policy we made our first claim for some emergency dental work which due to this pretty despicable waiting period they won't contribute to. I don't know why I even bother with insurance, it's never a good experience, they're happy to collect your hard earned cash every month but always have a term in their policies to get them out of paying claims. I may just move to another provider out of principle, I know it was my fault for not noticing the 24 month wait period, but some lenience due to it being our only claim and 23+ months into the policy would have been nice.

Benedict G.Prime Pet Insurance

Hi Jonny, our apologies for any inconvenience. If you would like to send us a private message with your policy details and phone number we can get you in contact with a member of our Service Team to further discuss.

Jonny
Jonny

They rob you blind

This company reimburses minimal conditions. Refused to pay for my dogs second ACL surgery because they were within the same year of each other..... any reputable pet company would know that dogs with ACL injuries are likely to do both knees within a year of each other. Very shady company... avoid at all costs

Benedict G.Prime Pet Insurance

I am trying to cancel my policy and they tell me that I have to wait for a call-back in 1-2 days.

4 months, no claims made. very expensive so expected better service. How dare they not cancel my policy when I instruct them! After verifying all me details they leaving me waiting on the phone for 15 minutes to tell me that? I am glad that I will never have to make claim with them.

Greenstone F.Prime Pet Insurance

Hi Tina, we're sorry to hear you are unhappy with the service provided. If you require further assistance with cancelling your policy please share your policy details with us in a private message at www.facebook.com/Primepetinsurance thanks.

Tried to cancel this policy and took 3 phone calls to be put on hold every time was then tried to be

3 days which was long enough after trying to get through to there customer service it was a huge nightmare

David

DavidSydney

Poor customer service and will do everything they can to avoid paying claims - read the fine print

One of the more expensive options on the market. The first experience of calling their customer service team was terrible.

After our pet had an accident they refused to pay the claim saying that the accident resulted in an illness and illness wasn't covered. If you broke your fingers that would be an accidental injury and not an illness. After 20 mins of going back and forth on the phone I was so frustrated.

Based on this experience I would suggest reading the cover documents carefully and only taking out this cover if you want very basic coverage at a VERY high price. There are better options out there.

Thieves

I organized top cover with prime in preparation for the arrival of our puppy whose breed does have a history of health problems - so I thought I was preparing for this. Waste of time and money. Communication is terrible, especially with following up on claims. Found the loop hole they were looking for and will not cover our claim. So upset that I’ve wasted so much money on top pet insurance to have none of our expenses covered. Definitely do not recommend prime pet insurance and will be cancelling my policy first thing tomorrow

RitchiePrime Pet Insurance

Jase

JaseHervey bay

Lodge claim and still waiting on refund

Prime pet insurance dont care about your pets. All they care about if getting your money and not giving back. I have been with prime pet insurance for a few years now. I am really thinking of cancelling and just put the fortnightly money in a saving account

Lucyliu77

Lucyliu77NSW, 2228

Bad Policy Management and Communication

My policy was paid via direct debit for almost 4 years. When the direct debit lapsed (as I had to set a timeframe on the duration), I was never notified and they cancelled my policy which means that any vet bills I had paid for during the time period (in which the cover was paid) will not be reimbursed. Very bad communication. Any other company would notify their customers that a payment was missed or a direct debit was not successful. Plus their online claim system was only recently implemented. Previously, claiming any vet bills was by post and a waste of time.