Protect-a-Bed Quilted Cotton Mattress Protector

Protect-a-Bed Quilted Cotton Mattress Protector

We are Fans!!

They gave us this mattress protector when we bought our expensive king koil bed (around three years ago).

We love it. I wash it every two months or so, it fits so snuggly on the bed and its quite discreet as well you can still feel the plushness of your mattress. We loved it so much that we just ordered another one for my sons new queen size bed we just bought him an Art and Science bed.

Purchased in April 2019 at Harvey Norman for $69.00.

Unsatisfactory

I was bullied into buying the Protect-a-Bed Ultimate mattress protector when I purchased a Sealy Crown Jewel bed from Harvey Norman (a double disaster). Because I didn't need a new protector I didn't use it for the first time until December 2018.

I found that the side wall of the protector is much too long for a deep mattress wall and that the elastic is too weak to hold it in place. Consequently, the elastic works it way to the bottom edge of the mattress, the side wall works up the side of the mattress and the surface of the protector wrinkles and scrunches. This results in an uncomfortable surface to sleep on.

Secondly, the protector is much too hot for Sydney's sultry summers.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

2 failures and warrently is misleading

We purchased a Signature Series mattress protector with our new mattress a couple of years ago, having been told by the mattress retailer that it has a 10 year guarantee and if there is a stain at the end of 10 years they will replace your mattress. Not only is that completely false, Protect-a-bed's warranty is 10 years, or until the 1st failure.

The protector failed badly after approx 1 year. They sent me a new protector and arranged to have the mattress cleaned (after some chasing up). The stains could not be removed however I didn't think it was a big deal as I had a new protector and would worry if something else happened, therefore I didn't notify them of that at the time. I should have.

We have just had another major failure (less than 12 months from last time) and was told that you have already had one claim sorry that's it. Out of a 'gesture of goodwill' they said they would send me another protector, but that was it. I gave them my thoughts on that, and their warranty, with little in return apart from 'that's the policy'. I also informed them that the stain from last time couldn't be removed and they said I should have told them at the time and it's too late now. Even though I could get the cleaner to supply a report. I was not happy and asked for my feedback to be passed on to management.

About 15 minutes later they called me back and advised they would clean my mattress again as a 'gesture of goodwill' however that is it, I am not entitled to any more claims, even on my new protector. I believe this is very misleading, and the new protector should have a warranty of its own. Suffice to say I will not be purchasing another Protect-a-bed product, and I have spoken with the mattress retailer also.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

look elsewhere

Falls apart as everyone says, also leaves tiny particles everywhere as it deteriorates in record time. Yes our bed is now stained too, very disappointing considering we have a very expensive mattress only warranted if protector is used and this happens. They should be made and supplied by the actual mattress company.

Date PurchasedApr 2015

Bad enough to get me to write a review

I'd stay away from this at all costs. As others have said the elastic goes easily and mine is deteriorating after about 4 years. I have limited the amount of times I have washed it but that hasn't stopped its degradation. The same thing has happened to my mum who also has the same protector. When you pay $160+ you expect something like this to last more than 5 years. I'll be trying the Sheridan brand next.

Date PurchasedMar 2013

Leaked after 4 years

I used to to love this until it failed this morning. Wee obviously went straight through the waterproof membrane. Is marketed to last 10years on a new bed.
My mattress was new so was prepared to pay good money to protect it for it's life, less than 4 1/2 years later it is now wet after my child had an accident in our bed. What to replace it with....? And not happy about replacing it so soon as it wasn't cheap and expected longer life from it as i have cared for the protector, it's had limited washing, never tumble dried or hot washed to prolong it's life. I also have the same one on my child's bed, so how long will that last ...?

Date PurchasedFeb 2013

Warranty that doesn't exist

I had bought a protecta bed protector and have some stains on the mattress. When trying to get warranty they say it was improperly laundered when we followed directions. Their product failed and they do not want to warranty. I would never buy again as this product is a rip off and they do not cover what they state. Junk. And useless warranty.

Date PurchasedApr 2013

False advertising

The front packaging of this product states it's for pet fluids, bed wetting and food/beverage spillage but after spending $170 I find the warranty inside states if it comes into contact with any of those the warranty is void.... So basically it's useless and advertised in a false manner which I will be taking up with ACCC. I was also very clear at Harvey Norman this was the reason for purchase and was advised this was the product to purchase.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Great product!

Have purchased two of these mattress protectors for my single beds and one for a double. All fit the mattresses perfectly and are soft and comfortable to sleep on. After some major accidents have saved a fortune in not having to replace the mattress or electric blanket... Absolutely no soiling got through.

Date PurchasedMar 2016

like sleeping on a cheap plastic protector

Absolutely terrible! I've reached the stage where I will replace it with something that actually fits properly. The main issue with this is that it does not fit snug against the mattress and is constantly slipping and as a result cause the sheet on top to do the same.

Doesnt fit properly

This mattress protector was recommended by Harvey Norman when I purchased a new mattress and it has never fitted properly. It constantly comes away from the corner, which means I have to fit it back onto the mattress every morning. Considering the cost $189 I would have expected better quality.

Better than the rest

I like the fact that it's waterproof as the others are not. Good quality because I've had it for years and washed it heaps and it still looks fine. Also it didn't have that horrible cheap smell or feel of plastic when I bought it. It's kept my mattress clean and dry even when children have had a few little accidents.
Long lasting, good value
Nothing so far

Protectabed mattress protectors

Superior product and exceptional Customer service. This product will give you peace of mind. It blocks out sweat, dead skins cells and dust mites alike, It also has a ten year warranty. It is fully Australian made. I have been using these products for years and would never use anything else. Every parent needs one as well if every family especially elderly ppl where accidents can happen!!!
Superior quality