3.6

331 reviews · Statistics

67% · 221107 · 32%

Rates and Fees
See the Best Energy Providers in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Jacob
JacobVICGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Boba
BobaVICGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC15 posts

Increased Tariffs. Updated review

Like every other power supplier, QEnergy have increased their rates. Mine went up 42% from my initial rates in January. However QEnergy tried to hold the increase off as long as possible. I've been using the Victorian Government Energy site and rates from the top suppliers seem to be in a state of flux. A couple of them increased rates on 1 July and then revised them again on 22 July. Even now the new QEnergy rates are only 10% dearer than the best supplier on the Vic Govt Energy site. So from my point of view, for a small supplier they seem to be trying to do the right thing with customers. I'm staying with them until things stabilise a bit and prices settle down. Show details ·  1
Cheese-It
Cheese-ItVICGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC10 posts

After 1 month massive price hike

Signed up for the competitive rates and fact could monitor usage via dashboard.

Told that monitor not available as yet and check website updates -- There are no updates on website or completely hidden.

After being with them a month they've increased prices MASSIVELY; now they're one of the most expensive suppliers.
From 0.49 daily rate to 107.53.

Already transferring away.

Don't sign up with this mob; they promise prices and after first bill slug you with a massive increase Show details

Victoria
VictoriaVICGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC7 posts

Attractive rates that disappear after 1 bill

I recently signed up for Q energy and my first bill looked great as it was substantially cheaper than my old provider. However I have just received notice that the rates will more than double in 1 months time. These rates are higher than I paid with the prior provider. now I am shopping again for a cheaper rate and will be on my third provider in 3 months. Show details
Sam
SamVICGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC4 posts

All Lies!

I tried to switch to an offer from the compare energy government website. When I was redirected to the q energy website the offer changed. When I rang up about it, I was told it had to do with meter recognition even though I entered the nmi number on the govt website. And there is no information regarding meter recognition or algorithms on the q energy website. Dont waste your time. Show details

Steve
SteveNSWSydney, NSW

Terrible customer service and not good price

Got email notified rate increased about a month ago. So compared offer at government website www.service.nsw.gov.au, found much cheaper offer and decided to switch. Just before switchover day, I got my bill from Qenergy with estimated meter reading. Therefore, waited few days after the switchover and called Qenergy customer support with the actual meter reading, requested for my final bill according to my actual final reading. They claimed to will have revised bill sent out within 24-48 hrs. But after a month, nothing happened. Chased & called up twice, same reply, same results - nothing happened. Worst is they keep sending me the incorrect invoice with due date and threaten it will be sent to debt collector by then. Show details
GLADSTONEMUM
GLADSTONEMUM

Great Customer Service

I had my electricity connected with Q Energy about 6 months ago and I can honestly say thatI have had the best experience with them. From getting connected to speaking to customer service, everything has been a breeze. The power bills are also a lot cheaper than with Ergon Show details ·  1
Tanja
TanjaVICGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC2 posts

Great Service and Simple!

Recently changed from AGL due to the significantly cheaper supply charges. The whole process has been incredibly easy and smooth! I used their live chat and spoke with Lysa who was really helpful and gave me some creative ideas when I mentioned I didn't have a printer to fill out the form!

So far so good! Show details ·  1

CCM
CCMMelbourne8 posts

Trash

Signed up and got first bill missing concession, no apology. Tried to ring, eventually got through but was told they would have to ring me back which would take 3 - 5 business days for someone to be available. Tried website, no portal or login available despite comments below from 9 months ago, saying it would be available in a matter of weeks. WORST OF ALL, I came from a provider who billed quarterly and was told that they bill monthly and have no flexibility or options AT ALL! unlike other providers. Won't be staying. Show details

GregF
GregF5 posts

Great Service!

Im extremely happy with QEnergy.
The staff have been very helpful and sorting out another retailers mess.
The setup process was quick and easy.
The rates are good too :)
Highly recommend. Show details ·  1
kororo
kororoNSWSydney, NSW4 posts

Time to move on

I have been with this company for nearly 7 years. At first competitive and good even though not being able to pay with a card is lame in 2022.
Watching my rates creep up I asked for a review in Jan and got a very very average retention response that took a week to get back to me and then was pretty unhelpful. Today I got a notice everything was going up. Seems they did this to their Mojo customers 2 months ago.
Service to Property +7c
Peak Consumption +4c
Shoulder Consumption +4c
Off Peak Consumption +11.68c!!!
This makes them hugely more expensive than their competitors and I just switched and got my daily charge down a staggering 30c. Good luck staying in business QEnergy. Show details
Alex
Alex3 posts

Happy with service and support

New power connection to home. Set up and communication was all very easy with helpful, prompt and clear assistance from consistent support team member (Alex Padilla) when issues arose. Thank you! Show details ·  1
Wendy
WendyVICGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC2 posts
  Fair Incentive

Good service!

Micko is the best. Online customer service can always be resolved by him in a short time.

Many thanks! The transfer is smooth and quick.

By the way, the rate is also reasonable for electricity! Show details ·  1