340, 270

• Temperature Consistency
  • Heating Speed
Disappointed

DisappointedGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Don’t buy. It’s a piece of rubbish

Don’t buy this system. It’s so crap and it’s not economical at all. Also, organising a service is impossible especially if you don live in QLD.

Please stay away from this piece of rubbish.

Albi

AlbiSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Poor Reliability Expensive

New Quantum heat pump hot water system installed to our newly build house in NSW. It was supposed to be a “great system”. The system was installed in early 2016. In May 2020 the valve started leaking. The warranty is only for 4 year so we are out of the warranty period. We have had a plumber look at it and recommended that the unit be replaced because it is not possible to replace the valve due to the way the tank is built. We have been told to stay away from this product, very costly and even more trouble to fix.
Think twice before buying this brand or product.

Purchased in February 2016 for A$5,000.00.

Noise Level
Household Size 2 person(s)
Functionality
Temperature Consistency
Heating Speed
Brian J

Brian JBrisbane

Eye Watering Maintenance Costs - Disappointing

Purchased 2 May 18. Have zealously tried to maintain it since then. Required $1,207.80 worth of maintenance on 8 May 20. Problems getting hot water and problems with low pressure, fluctuations in pressure and some damage to plumbing fittings on 6 May 20 and water running uncontrollably until 7 May 20. We have yet to pay for those repairs as well. Unfortunately doesn't live up to hype, expectations and costs associated with this unit. Feeling misled. Probably should have looked up this site before buying. Reminds me - It's Mothers Day this weekend. Am a bit concerned about a larger Quantum Model I previously bought for my mother's house.

Purchased in May 2018.

Noise Level
Household Size 4 person(s)
Functionality
Temperature Consistency
Heating Speed
Electric Hot Water Storage Systems

Find out how Quantum Compact Domestic compares to other Electric Hot Water Storage Systems

Dreadful Customer Service

This is our second unit & the first one lasted over 10 year this one hasn't made 18 months!
We have been without hot water for 5 days & were told by customer service that the repairman would call to arrange a service call but guess what NO CALL! several calls texts & emails to customer service but no answers. I'm sure they are waiting till we give up & go to a local hot water service provider so they don't have to provide the repair under warranty. All we want is to know when they will come so we can be home, make ongoing alternate showering arrangements & get on with basic living.

Purchased in July 2017 for A$3,200.00.

Unit 33_11_ACT

Unit 33_11_ACTLawson 2617, ACT

terrible and unfriendly customer service and making noise like a monster

Phil

PhilGranity

Never ever Quantum again.

Certainly I am very disappointed in Quantum as a company. We have several cylinders of which 1 has had to be replaced as it sprung a leak. Another has has a major repair done which Quantum refuse to acknowledge so I am left with the cost. Dealing with Quantum would rate as a "very bad experience" it takes heaps od emails and heaps of phone calls to get to any conclusion. Would never ever purchase anything made by Quantum ever again.

Date PurchasedSep 2010
bov

bovTweed Heads

not a sustainable item

These, in theory, sound like a great alternative to reduce electricity costs. When you consider the exceptionally short life (8 years) and the annual costs of maintenance these water heaters are a very expensive system. Steer clear, the quality is not there and it was next to impossible to get after sales service

Date PurchasedAug 2008
Bunny

BunnyGold Coast

3 Units Installed All Failed with Leaking Tanks

Purchased 3 Heat Pumps and they worked efficiently. 2 of the units started leaking water from the tank and were replaced. Unfortunately the replacements did the same thing with the water tanks failing and leaking. The 3rd tank did the same and now quantum are refusing to fix the problem and I am off to the Consumer Tribunal to seek redress. I would not purchase a quantum product again as there are doubts to the water pumps durability and longevity. To have all 5 units suffer the same issue does not say much for the product

Date PurchasedMar 2009

DonAdelaide

Excellent hot water service

Bought in 2008 and has given hot water in our cold climate with no need for boosters that other makes (Rheem) need. It runs, quietiy, for about 4 hours mid winter. It needed one service call to replace the starter capacitor for just over $100.
It's a pity our new house has Rjeem which is noisy and runs nearly all night.

Date PurchasedOct 2008

mel

mel

no longer convinced

i researched these and was more than happy to buy.. it worked for about 3 years and then started to fail.. they came credit to them and replaced it as it was inside warranty. well 5 years down the track.. its happening again. What to do when u dont have money to replace them and u know longer have hot water. some major issues they need to sort out.

Date PurchasedApr 2005
Wriggles

WrigglesGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Technology at its worst

Purchased the Quantum Energy 340L heat pump in November 2009. Assured of its quality design and green house gas saving technology. After 2 years the inadequate electrical connections which were not weather proof failed and cost $350 to fix. Now after the 5 year warranty has expired the unit has begun to disintegrate due to electrolysis. It was an expensive purchase at $2750 installed and has proven to be very poor quality in terms of value for money and longevity. I would not recommend Quantum Energy products. You cannot contact them on the phone and the units cannot be fixed. Do not buy from them.

Date PurchasedNov 2009

Disappointed

We have had our Quantum Heatpump for 5 and a half years. Warranty was only 2 years. At 3 years had to have the control panel replaced at a price of $580. Two and half years later, the control panel has needed replacing again. To say we are disappointed is an understatement. Would not purchase another nor would I recommend a Quantum Heatpump.

8 years old and leaking from the top.

We have a Quantum 315l cylinder, it's only 8 years old and it has rust all over the steel tank.
It's leaking from the top and you can push your finger through the steel tank up on top.
It's now the second one to go in 4 weeks.
It's for a Hotel, customers are always complaining about the noise.

Phh2685

Phh2685South-Eastern Region, NSW

Good enough for 11 years

We are now shopping around to replace our Quantum Unit after 11 years. It has been efficient, but noisy. The fan now needs to be 'kick started'. We will probably change brands as Quantum want $800.00 to replace the old one. We have never run out of cold water. It takes about 6 hours to complete a heat cycle from a cold start after a holiday.

GB

GBGoolwa

Hot H20 from the air

We have a quantum water heater that is 9 years old.Had a new capacitor replaced 3 years ago.PLEASE NOTE-the water anode should (ideally) be replaced every 4-5 years.These anodes start off being about the thickness of a thumb and may end up about the thickness of a match!We run ours on a day tariff as the air is GENERALLY warmer than at midnight(the supposedly cheaper tariff time?).The price u pay usually dictates the savings. Also i see some reviews that say that their heater is in the shade!!- it doesnt matter-its all to do with the temp of the air!

Electric Hot Water Storage Systems

We installed our unit 10-12 years ago. Have never had any problems with it. It is under a veranda on the east side at Gawler

ron

ronipswich

Load of [censored word removed]

i have had the hot water unit now for 6 years and every year in winter it brakes down do not buy one the most expensive to run hot water that I have own. next time it brakes down it going to the tip and I will install solar ..
Sick of spending money on it
Need new capacitor evey year

Consumer555Sydney, NSW

Terrible

Have had it for 3 years. We have the 340l which we were told would easily cater for a family of 4. Well, It doesn't. In winter we are constantly running out of hot water and it has just happened again. Fed UP. Cheap to run but you freeze in winter.
Nice color
Doesn't effectively do what it is supposed to do i.e.Heat Water.

Consumer555

and now at the 9 year mark it is about to fail entirely. Leaking water from compressor area, heavy corrosion in that area. Water only lukewarm.
Never again Quantum.

Joe5993

Joe5993AU

I think it's great.

We have had our unit since our house was built, finished in 2008. It has always worked well even though it is situated on the south side of the house. It is partly protected from the weather by the eaves and doesn't get any sun. It has had on one fault when a capacitor failed, easily fixed. I run it on a timer so that its not trying all night through the winter to heat water from cold air. I run it from 9am to 4pm and it usually only takes 2 to 4 hours to reheat. When we go away we turn it off, then when we come back it will heat up overnight even on the coldest nights.
It's cheap to run and reliable
Nothing

Quantum's Heat Pumps are fantastic.

Simon C.

Simon C.asked

Quantum Compact Domestic

My quantum hot water service only gives me Luke warm water not HOT why

Mark A

Mark Aasked

Compact Domestic 340

Just bought a house with a Quantum water heater and find the hot water pressure to be very weak. Is it common with these heaters?

Don

Quantum heaters are 'mains pressure' units which means that the storage tank is pressurised by the cold water inlet. Except for minor losses of pressure from the valves and pipe constrictions the pressure out should equal the pressure in.
It seems like yours is a plumbing problem. Good luck with it.

Ridasked

Compact Domestic 270

I would like to know if different climates have a bearing on the performance of this product, I have read good and bad reviews about this we live in QLD Sunny Coast, so not sure if this would have an impact.

Michael T.
Michael T.

Yes, the warmer the air temp is, the quicker the system heats the water. I'm in a coastal suburb in Nth Brisbane, had my compact 270Ltr for 13 years, it provides hot water for 2 adults and 3 young kids. In that time all I have replaced is the anode once,(about to do it again) and installed a 24hr timer. The $200 timer, I believe is the reason my system has lasted for this long. I installed it because -A- I only need to heat the water once a day during the warmest part, the afternoon. and B- I have neighbours living about 3mtrs away, we get on well and I'd like to keep it that way. The fan is about as loud as an air con unit, which is fine during the day but not at night. It is a good quality timer, hard wired inside the house so I can easily flick a switch to override the auto function, in case I have extra guests or weather is not favourable. It has been a very good reliable heater for us as it should be for you. Mick

Rid

Cheers for that valuable feedback Mick.