340, 270
See the Best Electric Hot Water Storage Systems in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Quantum Energy? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Temperature Consistency
  • Heating Speed
Rachael H.
Rachael H.Hunter Region, NSW

Dead after 6 years!!

Paid $3800 in 2015, pressure relief valve went after 12 months. Today 16 months after warranty ran out it is completely dead due to tank rusted out. Waste of time and money!! Surely consumers shouldn't have to replace HWS every 6 years. Company representative rude and flippant.

Purchased in January 2015 for $3,800.00.

Ripped Off
Ripped OffGreat Southern, WA

Not Recommended

Purchased in April 2015.

Disappointed
DisappointedGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Don’t buy. It’s a piece of rubbish

Don’t buy this system. It’s so crap and it’s not economical at all. Also, organising a service is impossible especially if you don live in QLD.

Please stay away from this piece of rubbish.

Electric Hot Water Storage Systems

Find out how Quantum Compact Domestic compares to other Electric Hot Water Storage Systems

Albi
AlbiSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Poor Reliability Expensive

New Quantum heat pump hot water system installed to our newly build house in NSW. It was supposed to be a “great system”. The system was installed in early 2016. In May 2020 the valve started leaking. The warranty is only for 4 year so we are out of the warranty period. We have had a plumber look at it and recommended that the unit be replaced because it is not possible to replace the valve due to the way the tank is built. We have been told to stay away from this product, very costly and even more trouble to fix.
Think twice before buying this brand or product.

Purchased in February 2016 for $5,000.00.

Brian J
Brian JBrisbane

Eye Watering Maintenance Costs - Disappointing

Purchased 2 May 18. Have zealously tried to maintain it since then. Required $1,207.80 worth of maintenance on 8 May 20. Problems getting hot water and problems with low pressure, fluctuations in pressure and some damage to plumbing fittings on 6 May 20 and water running uncontrollably until 7 May 20. We have yet to pay for those repairs as well. Unfortunately doesn't live up to hype, expectations and costs associated with this unit. Feeling misled. Probably should have looked up this site before buying. Reminds me - It's Mothers Day this weekend. Am a bit concerned about a larger Quantum Model I previously bought for my mother's house.

Purchased in May 2018.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021

Dreadful Customer Service

This is our second unit & the first one lasted over 10 year this one hasn't made 18 months!
We have been without hot water for 5 days & were told by customer service that the repairman would call to arrange a service call but guess what NO CALL! several calls texts & emails to customer service but no answers. I'm sure they are waiting till we give up & go to a local hot water service provider so they don't have to provide the repair under warranty. All we want is to know when they will come so we can be home, make ongoing alternate showering arrangements & get on with basic living.

Purchased in July 2017 for $3,200.00.

Unit 33_11_ACT
Unit 33_11_ACTLawson 2617, ACT

terrible and unfriendly customer service and making noise like a monster

Phil
PhilGranity

Never ever Quantum again.

Certainly I am very disappointed in Quantum as a company. We have several cylinders of which 1 has had to be replaced as it sprung a leak. Another has has a major repair done which Quantum refuse to acknowledge so I am left with the cost. Dealing with Quantum would rate as a "very bad experience" it takes heaps od emails and heaps of phone calls to get to any conclusion. Would never ever purchase anything made by Quantum ever again.

Date PurchasedSept 2010
bov
bovTweed Heads

not a sustainable item

These, in theory, sound like a great alternative to reduce electricity costs. When you consider the exceptionally short life (8 years) and the annual costs of maintenance these water heaters are a very expensive system. Steer clear, the quality is not there and it was next to impossible to get after sales service

Date PurchasedAug 2008

Bunny
BunnyGold Coast

3 Units Installed All Failed with Leaking Tanks

Purchased 3 Heat Pumps and they worked efficiently. 2 of the units started leaking water from the tank and were replaced. Unfortunately the replacements did the same thing with the water tanks failing and leaking. The 3rd tank did the same and now quantum are refusing to fix the problem and I am off to the Consumer Tribunal to seek redress. I would not purchase a quantum product again as there are doubts to the water pumps durability and longevity. To have all 5 units suffer the same issue does not say much for the product

Date PurchasedMar 2009
DonAdelaide

Excellent hot water service

Bought in 2008 and has given hot water in our cold climate with no need for boosters that other makes (Rheem) need. It runs, quietiy, for about 4 hours mid winter. It needed one service call to replace the starter capacitor for just over $100.
It's a pity our new house has Rjeem which is noisy and runs nearly all night.

Date PurchasedOct 2008
mel
mel

no longer convinced

i researched these and was more than happy to buy.. it worked for about 3 years and then started to fail.. they came credit to them and replaced it as it was inside warranty. well 5 years down the track.. its happening again. What to do when u dont have money to replace them and u know longer have hot water. some major issues they need to sort out.

Date PurchasedApr 2005
Wriggles
WrigglesGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Technology at its worst

Purchased the Quantum Energy 340L heat pump in November 2009. Assured of its quality design and green house gas saving technology. After 2 years the inadequate electrical connections which were not weather proof failed and cost $350 to fix. Now after the 5 year warranty has expired the unit has begun to disintegrate due to electrolysis. It was an expensive purchase at $2750 installed and has proven to be very poor quality in terms of value for money and longevity. I would not recommend Quantum Energy products. You cannot contact them on the phone and the units cannot be fixed. Do not buy from them.

Date PurchasedNov 2009

Disappointed

We have had our Quantum Heatpump for 5 and a half years. Warranty was only 2 years. At 3 years had to have the control panel replaced at a price of $580. Two and half years later, the control panel has needed replacing again. To say we are disappointed is an understatement. Would not purchase another nor would I recommend a Quantum Heatpump.

8 years old and leaking from the top.

We have a Quantum 315l cylinder, it's only 8 years old and it has rust all over the steel tank.
It's leaking from the top and you can push your finger through the steel tank up on top.
It's now the second one to go in 4 weeks.
It's for a Hotel, customers are always complaining about the noise.

Read more reviews - page 2

Simon C.
Simon C.asked
Quantum Compact Domestic

My quantum hot water service only gives me Luke warm water not HOT why

Mark A
Mark Aasked
Compact Domestic 340

Just bought a house with a Quantum water heater and find the hot water pressure to be very weak. Is it common with these heaters?

Don

Quantum heaters are 'mains pressure' units which means that the storage tank is pressurised by the cold water inlet. Except for minor losses of pressure from the valves and pipe constrictions the pressure out should equal the pressure in.
It seems like yours is a plumbing problem. Good luck with it.

Ridasked
Compact Domestic 270

I would like to know if different climates have a bearing on the performance of this product, I have read good and bad reviews about this we live in QLD Sunny Coast, so not sure if this would have an impact.

Michael T.
Michael T.

Yes, the warmer the air temp is, the quicker the system heats the water. I'm in a coastal suburb in Nth Brisbane, had my compact 270Ltr for 13 years, it provides hot water for 2 adults and 3 young kids. In that time all I have replaced is the anode once,(about to do it again) and installed a 24hr timer. The $200 timer, I believe is the reason my system has lasted for this long. I installed it because -A- I only need to heat the water once a day during the warmest part, the afternoon. and B- I have neighbours living about 3mtrs away, we get on well and I'd like to keep it that way. The fan is about as loud as an air con unit, which is fine during the day but not at night. It is a good quality timer, hard wired inside the house so I can easily flick a switch to override the auto function, in case I have extra guests or weather is not favourable. It has been a very good reliable heater for us as it should be for you. Mick

Rid

Cheers for that valuable feedback Mick.

See all Quantum Compact Domestic questions