R.M. Williams

See the Best Footwear Shops & Brands in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Wrong Size

Sizing Slightly large
Store LocationMiranda

JoC

JoCGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Wrong size fitted, late delivery and lost boots

Sizing Very small
Product Appearance Not as advertised
Store LocationEastland RM Williams
Aussienetworker

AussienetworkerGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Product is good service is variable

Bought a pair of boots (first time to the brand) told they need to be a bit tight as they stretch over time. Tried them for months no improvement and no help from store as they have been worn.
While I like the shoes and the quality the staff employed to fit the shoes bring the brand down. Dont fall for the they need to be tight line.
Ended up selling them

edit:
Just as an addition - following the sale of my previous pair went to a different retail store and received excellent service and advice got fitted correctly and its like night and day comfortable from the get go

Sizing Slightly small
spadger

spadgerNew South Wales

Not as impressive as they should be

Daniel H.

Daniel H.South East Queensland, QLD

Great Aussie Brand

The most comfortable boots I have ever worn. Every time I have gone into my local shop (Toowoomba Qld) the service has always been amazing, with nothing too much trouble. A great Aussie brand made to last

Store LocationToowoomba qld

Ant

AntSouth West, WA

Disgusting service

I ordered 2 sets of boots months ago, never received the product. There customer service is third world. I was offered 40% refund on what I spent for a product I never got. Seems like they have a good scam going on. Don't waste your time and money on there sight which I believe is in China now. Such a shame for such an iconic Australian brand.

Corby

CorbyNorth Queensland, QLD

After being returned three times they still aren't fixed.

The left boot has always had a high spot in the centre and does not sit flat on the floor. I have returned them to the factory three times and they still have not fixed the problem. The only explanation I have been give is that " because they are hand made they are unable to guarantee a consistent product". The store clerk suggested I take them to Mr Minute and pay to have them corrected! For a purchase price of $595 I was expecting much better product and service.

Store LocationMyer

Melb Emporium - BIG tick

My Craftsman are unbelievably comfortable, howerever, I was not overly satisfied with the quality of my original purchase. Bella, at Melb Emporium store, offered excellent after-sales, customer service and I can only say thank you. I wouldn't hesitate recommending Melb Emp

Store LocationMelbourne Emporium

Not Australian made as advertised

After much searching I purchased my husband a new wallet from RM Williams as it was advertised as Australian Made...When the new wallet arrived my husband was changing from his old wallet to his new one we found a made in Bangladesh label stuck inside the wallet...so so disappointed seriously if I wanted a wallet made overseas I would have used other online outlets and probably saved $140 dollars I the process. Contacted them to say it was false advertising and am still waiting on an acknowledgement from them...

Charlie

CharlieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Poor Customer Service!

I recently purchased a full priced pair of lady yearling boots from BNE city and once I got home notice that the heel had been trimmed differently. I took them back to another store (Chermside) wanting an exchange as they were still within the 30 days of purchase and the manager said to me “it still fits it’s purpose”. Excuse me buddy but I am not paying full price for these boots if they don’t make the quality cut. I took them into Pacific Fair and BNE city were perfectly fine for customer service. Chermside manager was just so accusing and rude.

Store LocationBrisbane City/Chermside

Brian

BrianSouth East Queensland, QLD

Poor quality and over priced and bad customer service!

Relative purchased pair of stockyard boots as gift from Melbourne store. Got 5 wears from them in just over a year before the sole fell apart on one boot. Took them to the Geelong Store, where was advised they are a throw away boot (really!! A $265 pair of boots are considered a throwaway boot) and theyd had another customer with the same problem (surely thats a sign of an inferior product)! They sent my boots to SA for review. I received a call from SA to say they could repair their poorly made boot if i paid $125!! I think not. Told them to throw the boots in the bin! I woukd never recommend these boots to my worst enemy! Will buy blundstones now at a fraction of the cost, they last 20+years of wear!

Store LocationMelbourne / Geelong

Indooroopilly store - great customer service

Would like to acknowledge the great staff at the Indooroopilly store where my family were met by friendly, welcoming smiles and great product knowledge. 30 minutes later my wife had completed her order for a one-off, bespoke pair of boots. Queen St mall staff take note!

Product Appearance Not as advertised
Store LocationIndooroopilly

Michael B.

Michael B.South East Queensland, QLD

An Australian Icon

I've been considering purchasing a pair of R.M. Williams for some time and finally did so last week. My instore service was excellent. The lady sized me up and provided several options, all of which looked incredible and many of which were incredibly comfortable. Knowing my size and preferred style, I purchased my pair on Gumtree the next day. I haven't worn anything else since. They're so comfortable! I've worn them at university, at work, while hiking, while relaxing at home, everywhere. If you're Australian and have feet, do as I did and purchase a pair - whether second hand or new, they're worth the investment.

Store LocationGumtree

Great Store, Customer service Ruined my Experience...

Store LocationCBD
Todd

ToddBrisbane

Poor quality and not worth the money

Purchased a pair of RM williams boots Craftsman boot and must say how disappointing they are. The leather scratches easily, the inner sole is made of two pieces. One piece the shape of your heal. This provides an annoying feeling of having a crease at the bottom of your shoe as you walk around. For a $500 pair of boots these are perhaps the most uncomfortable boot i have ever owned and poor quality. I gave them two stars because they look OK but functionality they are rubbish. I won’t ever buy another pair of RM Williams.

Store LocationGarden City Mt Gravatt
BSm

BSmSouth East Queensland, QLD

Queen Street Mall Brisbane - Overpriced product and ridiculously poor service.

Store LocationQueen Street Mall Brisbane

Mark J.

Mark J.Perth, WA

Quality and style, look awesome

Couldn't believe it - found my Comfort Craftsmen on Qantas store - free! They are expensive (if you pay cash) but awesome - comfortable (when you get the size right) and stylish. Recommend

Rain1313

Rain1313

Poor service and poor product

Exactly the same experience. Boots too tight assured they would stretch but never did. Multiple complaints. Tried stretching at a boot maker and the join to the upper and sole tore. Staff are interested in a sale, not a satisfied customer

Sizing Slightly small
Store LocationGeorge st SYDNEY

Terrible service

Xenophobic staff at Claremont Quarter, Perth. Was treated condescendingly and differently from others in the store.

Also would have been charged an additional $595 if I did not check my bank statement.
I was told by the retail assistant that the first transaction was not logged by the system and I had to make a payment a second time. Was assured that only one transaction would be processed. However this was not the case. Went back to the store to request for a refund as the eftpos slip indicates that the first transaction was approved and was refused by the same retail assistant that assured I would only be charged once. Had to lodge a report with the bank instead.

Chris F

Chris FSouth East Queensland, QLD

High price low quality

I bought a black and brown pair of RM dynamic flex craftsman boots. These are worn with business attire. Within a month the soles split right through in front of the heal. Some argy bargy got them replaced. The quality of RM products has been in decline for a number of years and the current price of boots is extortionate. Fortunately there are now many alternatives for half the price (Baxter) that are as comfortable and more durable. Shop around and you can find good alternatives for a quarter of the price (Mongrel brand dress boots). So sad to see once great Australian product reduced to what RM Williams has become.