See the Best Car Insurance in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Extremely difficult to get your claim processed.

I have been with insurance company for nearly 5 years. Its pretty smooth if its a one way traffic- they charging us money, it becomes very difficult when we lodge a claim. Definitely changing all my cars to a different insurer

Car ModelHonda Civic 10th Gen (Hatchback) VTi-S
Claim DateNovember 2019

Bevzy

BevzyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Worst customer service in terms of claims... Rear ended by someone and flee and still want me to pay the excess!!

Car ModelKia Sportage QL AO Edition 2WD, 2.0L Petrol, Automatic
Claim DateOctober 2019
Claim ApprovedYes

Awful, stressful experience that's still going after a month

I was stopped in traffic and got hit by another car. My car is written off. I have new for old replacement. RAA still haven't paid out after a month. Every time you phone you get someone else. No care about the customer without a car and struggling with costs. 11 years a member. No care or consideration.

Mel

MelMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

I feel let down by this company after being a loyal member for 16 years

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks

Roger

RogerMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Worst service ever from an insurance company

3 recent claims, 2 declined and 1 no result even though I was not even present when an uber driver drove into my parked car and drove off.
Latest claim, RAA changed my battery and destroyed the roc which cost over 2kand refuse to fix it!?

Car ModelBMW 1 Series E88
Claim DateAugust 2019

No help in my situation

My car broke down on the side of the road and I had to leave it there as there was no phone service. I have now learnt if you are not physically at the vehicle and unable to get to it then RAA can not help you out. I will now have to pay a towing service.

andrew

andrewadelaide

Cost compared to RAC WA and RACV - RAA equivalent in WA and Vic

Despite 29 year "Gold" membership and 5 insurance policies for many years now I got a quote from RAA Car insurance for $2500 compared to $800 if I went to WA (RAC WA) or $1200 in Vic (RACV). Same car but different pricing interstate.. Aparently car is expensive to fix.....hmm but WA/Vic would have same issues but they're cheap. I thought RAA was there to provide service/support to Automobile users? Oh well RAA a loyal customer lost

Heather W.

Heather W.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Disappointed customer!

My daughter recently had her car stolen which in itself is traumatic she has a 3 month old baby and needs her car. Lucky a friend loaned her one otherwise she would of been stuck. Told to wait 21 days but also charged $500 excess and had to pay out remainder of 12 month policy due to paying monthly!! Never heard of such ridiculous charges! So basically being charged for cover for a car she does not have anymore! It might be in their small print but still does not make it right! I actually pay her insurances for her inc house and contents as well as my own ...for peace of mind that she is covered but will not be going through them again for her new car.

Car ModelHolden Cruze JH (Hatchback) SRi-V
Claim DateJune 2019

Marelle S.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Long winded and a huge inconvenience

Claim DateMay 2019

DouglasSouth Australia

Our claim handled with efficiency and care.

Took out comprehensive car insurance on our new car. Involved in an accident which was my fault and damaged the car beyond repair. RAA staff were efficient and helpful with our claim and replaced our car with a new one with no problems. Will now insure again with RAA. as they are the best. Douglas.

Car ModelHolden Barina
Claim DateMarch 2019

davros

davrosMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Excellent insurer for custom cars

Came out to work one morning to a semi burnt out interior in my 03 Saab 93. Raw took the car that day (monday) and by weeks end had the claim settled. Could not ask for a better company in such a stressful time. The policy was well priced and agrees value ment my custom Saab was covered. The phone attendants understood and included all my mods. From intercooler to c02 systems and tunes.. Thank you RAA. You will have my future business and my families.

Car ModelSaab 93
Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateApril 2018
RAA o.Royal Automotive Association

Hi Davros, thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on our insurance and claims process. We appreciate that! Have a lovely rest of your week. Kind regards, Gemma

Why they are so Dodgy and Expensive

Vahid

VahidSouth Australia

Dodgy service

Absolute terrible, dodgy service..I had an accident recently but they refused to replace my car parts..They just asked the mechanic to use glue to stick the bumpers back..I'm sure if it was the other way around, they would have charged me $10,000 and they would even ask me to replace the roof with a new one!! There is no way I get RAA insurance anymore; the worst company in Australia!

Car ModelNissan Almera
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateFebruary 2019

Shef

ShefGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Do NOT use RAA they are not providing the services they charge for. Better with others. RAA will rip-you-off big time!!!

Car ModelToyota RAV4
Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateDecember 2018

SharonCentral, SA

Bad communication horable service

Have never made a claim toward a car or house or anything ever I needed to claim my car which have writen off and I've been run thou the ringer big time invasion of privacy poor communication about what's going on rude asseser Msging me at midnight asking for details of my accident 4 weeks and counting now and still not sure what they are doing with the car I know it's a, write off as the main structure of car is bent but raa have now lost me for house and contence a d once this car is dealt with they won't get my new car

Car ModelMitsubishi 380 DB
judy

judyAdelaide

Cost getting to high

I have been with the RAA for over 21 years. I have always had good service, any problems, one phone call and they have always been straight on to it. But it is becoming so expensive, going up each year. If it keeps going up I won't be able to afford RAA insurance. I have had very few claims over the years. payed Thousands of dollars, Is ther no rewards for not making claims.

bzerk86

bzerk86Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Best Insurance I have Ever Dealt With

Insurance claim madeYes

Jess

Jess

Poor customer service

I rang for road side assistance as my car battery was dead, the lady who answered was extremely rude from the get go. She showed no empathy what so ever and her tone was appalling. In an already stressful situation she made it 10times worse. Safe to say I didn't get the raa out and called a friend instead!

RAA o.Royal Automotive Association

mistakes re insurance over the phone mistakes

FDF

FDFAdelaide

Worst Insurance claim experience ever!

Insurance claim madeYes

adila704

adila704asked

I have comprehensive car insurance ! Recently had accident! my car will be non - repairable. My car is used when we bought but it’s a 2017 Honda and was only done 10,000 and around 40,000 on the clock right before the crash !, my question is , I read it in the PDS that car can be replaced with same model , year and condition ! We have loan with the car , and we only need a replacement car as we need a car anyways as we have 4 children ! Dose it possible to get replacement car instead the insurer pay out our loan and stuff ? This is my first claim ever! Hopefully will be hassle free as I already experienced a very unpleasant costumer services and stressing ! Praying for a good result ! Thank you !

Marelle S.asked

What is the average wait time for a pay out figure on a vehicle that has been written off under a comprehensive policy?

Douglas

Hi Marelle, it took about eight weeks, but I delayed the process by not having my phone on hand (leaving it in the car and not checking the missed calls) when the RAA had tried to ring.

Marelle S.

Thanks Douglas. I have never encountered such a lack of customer service. It is causing me a huge amount of stress and financial pressure. I've been a RAA member for 17 years, and it means nothing. Never again.

Bryne

Bryneasked

I have comprehensive ins. on my vehicle, recently I was sideswiped by a truck,after exchanging info we both drove off.I have a police report and a claim number . I received a verbal that my car is a right off..I have had this vehicle since new and it is excellent condition. If it is written off what happens next? I really do like this vehicle and have spent a lot of money keeping it in excellent condition.
Bryne

RAA
RAA

Hi Bryne, The vehicle needs to be assessed first if it hasn't been, and then we will give you a call to discuss what the options are. You can always email us at mvclaims@raa.com.au if you have any other questions. Kind regards, Gemma

Get an answer from our members and Royal Automotive Association representatives