Online, Branches

1.7

Carole R

Carole RSouth East Queensland, QLD

Stay Away

Trying to open & get funds into Online Savings a/c has been SO frustrating, designed to have delaying tactics all the way. Sense it will only continue so cancelling b4 I transfer my funds. Don't fall for it. I've wasted 2 wks on it.

desmier

desmier

unbelievable

Have 250k to invest and was attracted by the high rate but trying to open an account has been impossible so far and after reading other similar reviews have decided to stay with another bank

oz_consumer

oz_consumer

Yep, 20-41 minute wait...

Yoshiko S.

Yoshiko S.South East Queensland, QLD

minimum 30 mins wait on the phone

ive been with the bank for about a few months, but whenever I tried to reach them over the phone, it took over 30 mins and I just got sick of it, hence left.
the staff at call center are polite and helpful, but the wait is just not worth it.

TopicGeneral Transactions and New Account
George L.

George L.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Stay Clear!

It was a long and convoluted process, but finally managed to set up an online savings acct due to a slightly better interest rate. Had to deposit a nominal amount for "security" purposes, which I did. This was set up 2 weeks ago and I'm still waiting for my Digipass. Whilst waiting I've read reviews, mostly bad, and decided not to proceed. Happy to write off my $10.00 and not deal with this 2nd rate financial institution!

nissacow

nissacowSydney, NSW

Scam warning - Wouldn't give even one Star

Alan

AlanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Saved for a house

I've been banking with these guys for 13 years, and in all that time I've been very satisfied. Over the years, I've experienced the death of a security token, which was simply and promptly replaced; I've used various accounts (e.g. Premium Saver, Notice Savers, Term Deposits) without any issue; and I've confidently saved for a house, easily accessing the large sum of money in one hit (via phone support) when I needed it. Some other reviews here have been critical of the changes to the website that happened a year or so ago, and on that note, I do tend to agree that the simpler, leaner interface of the past was better, but that's the only criticism that I have so far. So over all, thanks Rabo!

Laura

LauraSydney, NSW

Scam: They won't let you access your own money

I should have stayed away after reading the multiple other reviews online.
Opened an online savings account over two weeks ago. On that day they provided me with bank account details and informed me I can transfer my savings to that account straight away whilst awaiting the contraption to arrive in the post. Over two weeks later I still don't have access to the online account, cannot access the money I transferred and have not received the contraption. I called them today and was told the contraption is still on its way and they expect it may take another few days and that my linked account is still not verified (even though they've taken funds from it!!) and I CANNOT ACCESS MY MONEY. Is this even legal?

TopicGeneral Transactions and New Account
86 400
86 400
3.6

Gerald M.Sydney, NSW

Endless waiting times for phone contact

I had a savings account with them which I wanted to close. I inquired about the process and they told me to send a secure Email. This was not possible as something in their IT system was not working. After sending them the screenshot, they asked me to call their phone number. I tried twice and waited for more than 45 minutes each time before I gave up.

Unhappyboar

UnhappyboarSydney, NSW

Regressive online platform

I have banked with them for over 15 years. The recent re-design of their online banking has resulted in a cut-down version of their previous online access. For example they have removed account daily transfer limits access. Transfer limits are not shown anywhere. You'll have to contact RABO to change transfer limits. The account summary has lost important information such as interest earned for the month/year. I cannot understand the reason for the modifications when the previous platform was excellent. Customer service means calling the bank and wait to speak to a account person.

gordon hayes

gordon hayes

incompetant

not sure if i am dealing with a wood yard or a bank.Been trying to open a term deposit for three weeks.The negativity is beyond belief.They do not answer e_mails.you cannot have two accounts with them.i closed one seven years ago but they say i still have one.This is just another one of their trick delays.TIP stay away.I went to another bank with my money opened an account and the deposit was made in two days

Koko

KokoAdelaide

A bit of a shocker in this day and age...

Attracted by the online product on offer we started the process of setting up an account. It turned out to be an inefficient and highly intrusive untertaking - could not think of another bank so inefficient and convoluted in their online processes. We ditched the whole thing rationalising: if the set-up process is already this frustrating and off-putting it can only get worse...

wilsr

wilsr

How the best online bank became one of the worst.

Matteo P.

Matteo P.Perth, WA

Scam. Stay away

They allow you to put the money in. It was 6 years ago, for a term deposit of 5 years. Now this term deposit is finished and I would like to withdraw my money. They keep saying my main account is not verified. So I do (again) the 1$ transfer to verify (which is weird, since I transferred much more before to open the account). Then a guy contacted me asking to FILL IN SOME DOCUMENTS. Which I did. I sent everything more than a month ago. I never replied to any email. I still cannot transfer the money back.

Total scam. Apparently they won't allow me to withdraw money.

CDAussie

CDAussieNortheast, VIC

Online term deposit, so easy and straightforward

Have been a Rabobank customer for > 4 years. Find their online banking secure, easy to use and interest rates reasonable, given current low rate climate. They have not passed on recent RBA official rate drop and in fact slightly lifted term deposit rate so we decided to move some of our savings there and lodgment was so simple. Really recommend for site usability and clear terms.

sailorsamSydney

Blockheads

Been with Rabodirect for about 6 years, always found access safe and easy BUT got a new digipass tried to initialise it.
Can't be done unless you have a Masters degree in Computer Science, the patience of Job and a lot of luck.
God knows why they changed the system but for whatever reason my money is going elsewhere ASAP.
My advice? do not get involved with these clowns or you'll never be able to access your money....maybe that's the plan....

TopicGeneral Transactions

Rabobank so called "Upgrade"

Ant H

Ant HGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Computer system and customer service

I have been with rabo for 12 years and now plan to move my accounts elsewhere as soon as possible!
Their computer system is now very limited following an "Upgrade"!
You cannot speak to anyone . Their phones are engaged continuously. Their internet messaging system does not work.
Something has really gone wrong with this bank and there is no clear indication from them as to when they will have their systems working properly.
I would advise people to be very careful if they are considering banking with rabo.

CDAussie

CDAussieNortheast, VIC

If you want a high interest online account- Rabobank has a great product

Searching for a high interest savings account we went to Finder.com.au and decided on Rabobank's "Rabodirect High Interest Savings account". The product has a great 4 month bonus interest rate but even better you don't need to have another Rabobank linked account for transfers. Any Australian bank account can be linked. The online opening process is very easy and straightforward. Thank you Rabobank.

terry

terryasked

Rabobank

Hi ,is it normal to not be able to contact any one on your 1800 contact numbers ?

Gerald M.

I tried twice and the second time I got through after 30 minutes waiting.

Gerald M.

And then the guy on the phone was very helpful/

Mintyasked

Rabobank

After their upgrade last week, I cannot login to my account any more. Do you know what to do? I removed an add blocker and deleted browsing history, as was advised over the phone but no success.

sailorsam

Hi, sorry, cannot offer anything, system working OK for me at the moment
Just keep on their case, they're usually pretty helpful

Minty

Thank you, sailorsam. Their representative George advised me to buy a new computer, even though I don't have any issues with other 2 banks. I kept complaining and finally they fixed the problem. it works now.

Noneasked

Rabobank

When - when - when - is rabobank australia going to have fully fixed the "Bugs" arising from its some-time-ago "Upgrade".
Please provide a committed time-frame. And - who - within rabobank australia, is making that commitment.
Your service levels simply must improve!

Fired Up
Fired Up

Since they dont reply here are you expecting the public will know?

None

Fred - I initiated the above. If - if, you like I, are having SERIOUS login problems - and, as you identify - no help coming from my selected service provider - remarkable, isn't it (?) - I have found that - login, make a couple of (unsuccessful) efforts - log out, relogin - and, voila - I succeed first time!
I can only hope this continues - but - one thing for sure, I WILL NOT, again, respond to their question, which is asked without ANY sense of commitment - How did we go - sort-of-thing.
Peter