Rabobank

Online, Branches (See All)
See the Best Banks in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Rabobank? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

1.8
Simon Paech
Simon PaechSouth East Queensland, QLD

No issues with online savings account

TopicNew Account
Dan
Dan

90 day notice nightmare

I mistakely transferred my funds into their 90 day notice saver a few years ago, thinking it was a recurring 90 day term deposit, my fault. But the hassle and stress of getting a few grand out and the attitude of one staff member was appauling after having funds with them for 6 years

Allan
AllanBrisbane

A waste of time

Tried to open a savings account as we had 250+ to invest. The online account application form auto completed some details which I had to rectify several times before the account was approved. I transferred a minimum amount to verify the account (won't be able to see if it was transferred into the new account as they send account holders a passcode generator as part of the online access protocol). Received no acknowledgement of verified amount being deposited into the new account. Did receive an email though, requesting I fill out some data (another auto fill issue) before the account would be approved. Replied and received another email requesting exactly the same. Will go elsewhere for sure.

Dave
DaveNorth-West & West coast, TAS

Better service at the local tip

Been with rabobank for 8 years and the service has gone downhill and is absolutely atrocious for a bank. They don’t care about customers at all only profits. A bank manager even told me he was to busy to look at my request. They’re a joke, I got sick of being hand balled around to the next person in the bank so took my business elsewhere. Don’t bank with these clowns

Lauren
LaurenPerth, WA

Great experience

I’m surprised by all of the bad reviews as my experience with Rabobank was nothing but smooth. I set up an online savings account with them to take advantage of the higher interest rate (I move money around constantly according to the highest interest rate going). The app was super easy, if I ever had to call them the wait times were short and customer service was excellent. The only fault I can note was the annoying digipass even though I only had to use it a handful of times. I highly recommend Rabobank!!

This bank appears to be very badly managed

Marco

super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Carole R
Carole RSouth East Queensland, QLD

Stay Away

Trying to open & get funds into Online Savings a/c has been SO frustrating, designed to have delaying tactics all the way. Sense it will only continue so cancelling b4 I transfer my funds. Don't fall for it. I've wasted 2 wks on it.

desmier
desmier

unbelievable

Have 250k to invest and was attracted by the high rate but trying to open an account has been impossible so far and after reading other similar reviews have decided to stay with another bank

oz_consumer
oz_consumer

No money over Easter...Forget about accessing your money in time...slow transfers and often offline

Yoshiko S.
Yoshiko S.South East Queensland, QLD

minimum 30 mins wait on the phone

ive been with the bank for about a few months, but whenever I tried to reach them over the phone, it took over 30 mins and I just got sick of it, hence left.
the staff at call center are polite and helpful, but the wait is just not worth it.

George L.
George L.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Stay Clear!

It was a long and convoluted process, but finally managed to set up an online savings acct due to a slightly better interest rate. Had to deposit a nominal amount for "security" purposes, which I did. This was set up 2 weeks ago and I'm still waiting for my Digipass. Whilst waiting I've read reviews, mostly bad, and decided not to proceed. Happy to write off my $10.00 and not deal with this 2nd rate financial institution!

TopicNew Account

nissacow
nissacowSydney, NSW

Scam warning - Wouldn't give even one Star

Alan
AlanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Saved for a house

I've been banking with these guys for 13 years, and in all that time I've been very satisfied. Over the years, I've experienced the death of a security token, which was simply and promptly replaced; I've used various accounts (e.g. Premium Saver, Notice Savers, Term Deposits) without any issue; and I've confidently saved for a house, easily accessing the large sum of money in one hit (via phone support) when I needed it. Some other reviews here have been critical of the changes to the website that happened a year or so ago, and on that note, I do tend to agree that the simpler, leaner interface of the past was better, but that's the only criticism that I have so far. So over all, thanks Rabo!

Laura
LauraSydney, NSW

Scam: They won't let you access your own money

I should have stayed away after reading the multiple other reviews online.
Opened an online savings account over two weeks ago. On that day they provided me with bank account details and informed me I can transfer my savings to that account straight away whilst awaiting the contraption to arrive in the post. Over two weeks later I still don't have access to the online account, cannot access the money I transferred and have not received the contraption. I called them today and was told the contraption is still on its way and they expect it may take another few days and that my linked account is still not verified (even though they've taken funds from it!!) and I CANNOT ACCESS MY MONEY. Is this even legal?