RAC WA Car Insurance

RAC WA Car Insurance

Terrible service !!!! Telling customer (of 4 policies) that it is ok to move away

We have 2 cars and 2 houses policies with RAC, received a written quote few months back discount for "valued member" went straight to our junk mail so i called to accept the quote and the outcome ended up "no we stand for our quote" and I asked if we have quote from aami will the match or give us discount? "no we dont do match" and "yes it is ok you can move away"

Perfect ! I will move all our current policies away from you RAC as you wish!!

Car ModelBMW X1

Road side assistance failure

I had a puncture, I call them up, they say it'll be 90 minutes. They didn't even show, I had some help from passerby who got me on the road, why am i paying for a very slow service.

Insurance TypeCompulsory Third Party, Third Party Property Damage and Third Party, Fire and Theft
Claim MadeNo

RAC I think you forgot that I’m the customer!

My parked car was hit by a school bus and RAC have made me jump through hoops to get the car repaired by a repairer of my choice.
I have had to get two seperate quotes and take it to the RAC assessment centre and then they have refused to get one panel fixed as it had been previously repaired - they say the repair was substandard and so now I have to get my previous insurer to assess and pay for that panel to be fixed.
They also said the first quote was too high and were going to try and get the repairer to lower the cost of the quote??
RAC are recovering all costs from the schools insurer but they have made me feel like they are trying to protect the other insurer and minimise costs instead of looking after me their customer and getting my car fixed and back to me asap!!

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateMarch 2019
Claim ApprovedYes

Bad Service and Licence renewal increase

I recently received my renewal from RAC and I noticed it increased about $30. I spoke to an operator and told him I had been with RAC for many years and never remember having any increase on my 3rd party insurance. And all I got was sorry but I can't help you it because your car is older and that mean I am more likely to have an acident. I have never heard a response like that. I honestly feel like my years of being loyal to them have been wasted years. Another company treating there clients like a number. I really don't know what happened to RAC but they were good once, not so sure anymore

Insurance TypeThird Party, Fire and Theft
Car ModelToyota Camry XV20
Claim MadeNo

Rip off! Don't reward loyal customers

Been with this mob for 8 years with no claims made ever.

2x cars insured
Home and contents insured
2x dogs insured through pet insurance

Made a pet claim which got rejected and I was treated like absolute crap. They didn't care if I had been with them for 1 month or 10 years.

After the poor customer service I went elsewhere for insurance and found out my car insurance was $50 a month cheaper elsewhere for the exact same policy.

Not only was I a loyal customer but they were ripping me off big time. RAC you should look after your long term customers a bit better!

Plan covers drivers under 25Yes
Car ModelFord Ranger PX.II (2015-Present)
Claim MadeNo

From now on I will go nowhere else

On the 12th January this year I took my car to PEDDERS Suspensions at 1264 Albany Highway, Cannington and asked them to find out why my car was making an annoying creaking noise after I reversed down a high curbing and heard a loud noise as the car bumped to the ground. The creaking noise was always there and I new some damage had been done. The front desk young man was very polite and said to leave the car with them for a couple of hours, and it was on a Saturday morning. When I returned he said they couldn't find the problem but they checked every thing else and it would be safe to drive. I wasn't happy but accepted their decision but knowing the noise was still there made me think they must have missed something. However I was given a three page check list of what was
done and everything was ticked as 'Pass' except the Steering Gear which said " ??Internal knock - steering feels heavy". They did a wheel alignment and the bill was for $146.00. I left there feeling very disgruntled as they didn't fix what I took the car in there for but still had to pay for a wheel alignment.
Then last week I took the car to RAC Auto Service at 1170 Albany Highway and told them of the problem. They said to come back in an hour and a half which I did and they said the problem was due to the right hand front sway bar link and they fixed it there and then, and I was so happy the noise was gone. BUT when I looked at PEDDER'S invoice again to see if they had checked the Front Sway Bar they had ticked PASS which makes me think they didn't and they just ticked off everything on the list without really checking it because they would have found the same problem as RAC did. I will never go back to them or recommend them because they are dishonest and I believe it was the manager who did the wheel alignment so he didn't take the time to do a thorough check but he did take the time to take my money off me. Again, another senior citizen taken for a ride.
At RAC, Mel the receptionist was super friendly and gave great customer service and Chris the mechanic did such a fantastic job on my car. Totally recommend RAC for finding a fault others can't.

Very happy

Would have to be the best value insurance company in Australia. Do yourself a favor get a quote . I had a motorcycle stolen recently and I was amazed how easy and helpful they made things ....I'm a big fan thanks RAC

Claim Resolution Time<1 week

Will Never Insure With The RAC Again..

Had quite a bad accident and had to process a claim. Making the claim was swift and fairly straight forward. The operator was helpful and tow truck was there in a timely manner. Great first impression but unfortunately was down hill from there.

My car should've been a write off. Every one I showed the photos to agreed, including my Father Inlaw who is a mechanic. Even every single operator I spoke to said that should have been except for the assessing team.

The assessor I dealt with was a shifty, fast talking moron who said otherwise. He must've been a sleazy car salesman in his previous life. Apparently could have the vehicle fixed for $1100 less than the agreed value on the policy. I explained to him that there is no way I would want to drive that vehicle ever again, knowing what the previous damage was.

After a lot of 'gift of the gab' nonsense from him, I pushed through a cash settlement. He tried to low ball me for my wreck and when I insisted that I wanted it delivered to my home, tried to convince me to not have it back. "you don't want that sitting on your lawn" I think was one of his smooth tactics.

Then after that conversation, I proceeded to contact the RAC and was told that they should be handling the claim???
I proceeded to call them every one of the five days as no one advised me of what was happening, especially the shady assessor. Also the 'WA' call centre was pointless. I might have well been talking to an overseas one as I got different information each phone call. Some polite and some rude. Depending on the day.

Luckily I received my cash settlement, decent money for the wreck through an independent party and have cancelled the policy. Which again, no one at the RAC advised me, apart from thinking of it myself. Since in their eyes it wasn't a write off, the car can still be insured. They then had the nerve to ask to keep the policy open for my next car. No thank you.

You put your trust in paying for full comprehensive insurance and when you are treated like this, saving a monthly amount isn't worth it. I'll head back to a bigger, reputable insurance company. BEWARE!

Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateMarch 2019
Claim ApprovedYes

WARNING! STAY AWAY

Absolute scammers. NEVER AGAIN. Absolute nightmare trying to post a legitimate claim, that ended with them favouring the other car to save them money, when I was parked!!!!
Avoid like the plague!!

Worst customer service ever

My partner and myself are insured by the rac, (well my partner was cancelled) my partner missed two payments unaware as it was debited from a bank account she had forgotten to check on. They did not let us be aware of the missed payments so we could pay and she could continue to be insured, they cancelled her insurance and did not advise. My partner had a car accident. 2010 car unaware was uninsured by the rac. I had to use my savings to buy another car for my partner and the 2010 car ended up sold off to the wreckers. Might cancel, no, I will be cancelling my insurance also. Find a decent insurance company. Who actually care about customers

Claim MadeNo

Disgusted with their attitude.

My daughter was in a car park when suddenly someone swiped her. RAC tried to tell us that since the person who hit her car has a different story, they won't be fixing HIS car, therefore we have to pay the excess.

Claim DateFebruary 2019
Claim ApprovedNo

Awesome response

The first contact lady was lovely
The driver came really quickly, working fast and effectively freeing our boy in under one minute. We will have RAC forever they were absolutely amazing

Claim MadeNo

know what your policy is and what you are Paying for.

Check Your Policy - You are NOT covered if you hit a person (on a bycical) he was 14 years old and it was his fault as he rode into me as I was going through a green light doing 63 km. The young man is okay he’s fine and survived but going any faster than 63 km most definitely would’ve hurt him a lot worse than what it did. I’ve got third-party comprehensive insurance Byron theft I am covered for someone starting a fire in my car I’m covered if someone steals my car and I’m covered if I hit another person in the car I’m covered for their repairs but not my repairs. So the word full comprehensive really isn’t full comprehensive because full comprehensive is fire theft and hitting another vehicle for your repairs and their repairs that’s what I thought I had. So it turns out that on this occasion I’ve got third party fire and theft only because I have hit a person I am not covered you cannot be covered or be insured or make yourself insured for hitting another person. If you hit a car or a motorcycle you are covered for that person but if you hit that person physically with your car you are only covered up to $5000 check your policy people a lot of people assume which makes an idiot out of everybody that there insurance will cover everything have a read what are you really paying for and what are you really covered for ??? Read the fine print make sure you know exactly what you’re paying for and what the policy exists for because you would hate to make a claim and then find out when it’s too late. So at the end of the day maybe the consumer is the one that has missed out on everything I’ve been told that my car is a write off with over $7000 worth of damage. There were no panels touched wrecked or hurt apart from the left-hand front passenger panel so in essence the $7000 that has been quoted to fix the vehicle the young boy didn’t even touch my bonnet the windscreen needs replacing he didn’t go up on the roof of my vehicle but that’s what I’ve been quoted for for the whole vehicle basically to be brand-new parts and the paint it’s ridiculous so now I lose my car I don’t get the market value what I insured it for because I hit a person and not a car so I’m out of pocket I’ve already lost $1800 plus $1000 cash to pay help pay for another vehicle etc etc etc my warning is please read your claim and what you are paying for. It’s a hard lesson to learn. Especially when you’re already stressed out about hitting a person. On this occasion I was extremely lucky that the boy was absolutely fine and I was basically given a loan car from of from my dad in law to use whilst we sort it out this insurance because it does take time for some reason you go to pluck out another car from the sky whilst you’re doing all this business and then you find that you’re not actually covered for a higher car because he hit a person and not a car be very careful as a fine line and it’s a very grey area people know what your policy is and what you are Paying for.

Insurance TypeThird Party, Fire and Theft
Plan covers drivers under 25No
Car ModelHolden Commodore VZ (2004-2006)

RAC only eats your money !!!!!

Absolutely terrible experience. My car was hit by someone else. Before I took the insurance, RAC said my car value is 15,000 AUD. After I had accident, RAC said that your car value is only 3000 AUD. And mentioned that I did this accident on purposely. That is ridiculous. RAC is a kind of company only wants to cheat your money and when you have problem, they have thousands of reasons not to pay you!!!!!!!

Absolutely Terrible

A vehicle reversed in to me whilst I was stationary in a car park and because I did not have a witness other than my wife sitting next to me, RAC choose to take the guilty drivers false story so they didn’t have to pay out!
I have multiple policies with RAC including the $1300 anual insurance fee for the my vehicle involved in the mentioned claim. This was my first ever claim!
They claim to look after their customers especially West Australian ones yet they wouldn’t even pay for the $250 repair!
I am taking all my policies elsewhere.
Absolutely Terrible. Absolutely Disappointed.
Absolutely Disgusted.

Insurance claim madeYes

avoid at all costs, they just want your money

so I hit a car that was parked right in the middle of the hwy (right after a hill crest) and he got a dent about the size of a cricket ball, my car was fine so the other guy made a claim with his insurer and I called RAC up after and without asking anny questions they jumped the gun and said I was at fault (whith out knowing where it was, what my car was or anything really) according to them the car behind is ALWAYS at falt NO MATTER WHAT and they won't look in to it or want to look at my dash cam video so I had to pay $1300 for a cricket ball sized dent to be fixed on that guys 10 year old toyota, (I called up Toyota as I have a mate who works there and he said it would cost $250 to repair, so where is the extra $1050 I had to pay going???) also they had terrible comunication and refused to tell me when the money was due even after asking multiple times, they just said pay asap (which wasn't an option at the time as I didn't have $1300 just laying around) now I need to find a new insurer

Very Bad Customer Service

This is my first ever getting car insurance with RAC. Purchase online and call the customer service to reconfirm on my enrollment. The professionalism is below than my expectation. Unfriendly & not welcoming me at all as a first time customer. The product is fairly good, but with bad customer service, I don’t think it’s worth it.

Insurance claim madeNo

I do not recommend RAC

I've included some information below that may be helpful when reviewing the level of service RAC offer. Overall, I am very disappointed with the service and do not recommending people go to the RAC for insurance.

I had an accident that was not my fault - someone ran into the back of me and wrote the car off

- I received only $2600 of the agreed value ($3000) as I had to pay out the life of the policy (ie. paying insurance for 10 months even though I no longer have a car to insure)
- The hire car was only made available for 5 days then I had to give it back as the claim was processed. This was not long enough for me to buy a new car particularly as they short changed me
- The process for managing the claim and contacting the relevant companies was non-existent. I had to manage the communication an coordination for the RAC, hire car company, tow company, the person who smashed my cars insurance company (and their insurance company as the claim was over $1000 so they couldn't process it).
- On the accident scene, I spend 20 mins on hold trying to contact the RAC from the accident site before giving up

Going back to Allianz

I had a not at fault accident on 4th Dec 18. I made an online claim on RAC website. It took 10 days to get any info about my car, which is towed away from the accident. Also RAC insist me to contact the repair shop to get the info. What a fabulous idea!
When contacting the repair shop they are bit annoyed as they do t have any updates from RAC regarding my claim.
Today 18th Dec, still chasing the claim progress.

RAC IS RIDICULOUS, WILL GO BACK TO ALLIANZ.
PLS DONT GO FOR THEM. AS ALWAYS YOU WILL BE HAPPY UNTIL YOU MAKE THE CLAIM.
I have done reviews on other sites and it all removed in a couple of hours. Hope this will last, for others to know, if I have seen the reviews before then I won't switch my insurance to RAC.

Super quick. No hassles.

Was rear-ended recently. The online claim portal was really easy. Within an hour or so, had a booking for my car to be assessed. My policy also covers a free hire-car.

My wife then reminded me the baby seat would need replacing. Phoned RAC and the operator told me to email a photo of the baby seat + a screenshot of an online advertisement for an equivalent model. Again, within a few hours my claim was approved.

Thanks RAC :)