RAC Car Insurance

How to compare car insurance to find the best policy for you

Read now

• 1-2 weeks (5)
    • 2-4 weeks (6)
    • 1-2 months (2)
    • 3+ months (4)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (19) · No (9)
J S.

J S.Perth, WA

Don't waste your time

By far the worst company I ever had to deal with. Customer service is an absolute joke, they are rude and very unprofessional. They just keep passing you on without actually sorting the problem. I have now been waiting for an update on my claim for 2 months. No communication from them at all butt to the status of my claim, I then spend 45 mins on hold just to get a rude person tell me what i already know. I am now rethinking about moving all my car, house, pet insurance i have with them somewhere else.

Jim S.

Jim S.Perth, WA

Inflexible, unjust organisation

This big organisation does not care about anyone except their board members. From storm damage claims that aren’t paid out because the wind on the weather report didn’t match the damage, not renewing car insurance because they spelt my name wrong then failed to carry over my NCD and not allowing you to cancel your membership without paying the year in full. There is so much better out there.

Car written off awesome response from rac

We had our 4wd written off and from the time they started the process to us being paid out was about 48hrs.Hassle free terrific service fast and painless legends.Highly recommend rac

Emma

EmmaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

This is terrible

The policy was very unfair. I had an accident last year they charged $500 on top for excess which is weird and unacceptable. The staff tried to help but manager was awful.

Dave

Daveperth

Ridiculous policy increase

Just got an update on agreed value on car of maximum value of $4500 from $2500
They want well over 50% extra monies a month to do this on a Nissan Micra
I have been with these guys for years with a few policies. Time to look elsewhere

Insurance TypeComprehensive
Rutendo

Rutendo

Payment options

I have been with RAC for over 7 years with two comprehensive car insurances and home and contents although in between, my insurance has lapsed due to my Financial constraints. My only issue is that we cannot make fortnightly payments which would be a good option for some of us who find it hard to constantly check the website for when a payment is due and have many many financial commitments. At least fortnightly payments I know for sure i will have money at that particular time. They should consider this option.

Rhiannon

RhiannonPerth, WA

Worst insurance company

My car was damaged by a vandal in my driveway and its been 9 weeks and the car is still not fixed and I have still not been given an ETA on repairs. This is absolutely appalling service. We have 3 policies with RAC and will be cancelling all. I rung today to request they pay or contribute to a hire car as the repairs have far exceeded the recommended repair time frame to be told they will not help. RAC you have alot to answer for. The lack of communication from not only the authorised repairer but also from RAC themselves has just added to this extremely unsatisfactory service.

Ciao Telstra !

Ciao Telstra !PERTH

Ripoff

Been a RACV NRMA RAC member for 30 years. RAC sucks. No claims but premiums go up each year for NO reason whatsoever. QBE is much better. Loyalty doesn't pay.

Insurance TypeComprehensive
Ian

IanPerth, WA

Stay clear

paulvin

paulvinPerth, WA

Brilliant claims process

At fault claim for my BMW. RAC used the BMW preferred repairer and managed to air freight the required parts from Europe to make a tight timeline. Very good service with only minor hiccups that were dealt with quickly and professionally.

laura 1975

laura 1975

Service has nosed dived

I had been a member insuring car and home with RAC for over 8 years and prior to that with NRMA on the east coast. In recent months, srrviced has nise dived and the team at RAC are rude and unable to work with customers to answer queries. I recently brought a new car and called to cancel existing policy and get a refund - the poor guy that took my call was like 'have you insured with someone else?'like he already knew that was what I (and probably so many others) had done. My home insurance will be cancelled in jan and when my other car policy comes through, will be moving this too. So disappointing

Paul

PaulWestern Australia

Outstanding service and company.

My wife and I have been insured with the RAC for more than thirty years and, unfortunately have made several claims, ranging from contents, breakdowns and car insurance claims.
I can’t recommend the RAC highly enough! They are absolutely professional and well trained in customer service.
They have ALWAYS settled claims extremely fast and continue to make sure that they look after their customers.
The recent claim that we had to, unfortunately make was for our son’s car. They took care of absolutely EVERYTHING and paid the claim immediately.
They say, ‘shop around’ but honestly what you pay for insurance is just the beginning.
The RAC actually care about their customers and go above and beyond...

Ryan Leederville

Ryan Leederville Perth, WA

Couldn't Be More Disappointed - An Absolute Joke!!!!!!

Perth Driver

Perth DriverPerth, WA

Too many mistakes with poor service and recovery

Kumar

KumarWestern Australia

Horrible RAC

Terrible service by RAC car insurance. I am Uber driver and uber ask me to upload your original policy vehicle insurance certificate in partner account. I trying many times to do this but unfortunately, Uber rejected everytime. Then I spoken to rac insurance team and requested to send my original policy certificate. The guy said we cannot cover your membership policy because your Uber driving hours more then 30 hours. If you less then 30 hours then we can do that. Seriously, I am using this rac service since 2009. Now I decided to cancel my RAC insurance & also I promise never ever use this doggy RAC and not recommended to my friends or anyone. Be aware guys...

Ali

AliPerth, WA

Insured but not covered

Our car has been insured with comprehensive cover for over 8 years with 0 claims. About 6 weeks ago the car was hail damaged during a storm, however RAC says no it wasn’t hail. We saw the hail, felt the hail and witnessed the results of the hail but RAC says no it wasn’t hail.
We went to trade our car in and we’re told it was virtually worthless because of the hail damage. There needs to be more accountability forced on insurers , they take our money, month after month yet can basically fob anyone off when ever they want.

I can only protest with my wallet, I am cancelling all 4 Motor vehicle policies that the family has with RAC.

Peanuts

PeanutsWestern Australia

Once again and as always excellent service.

Pritam P.

Pritam P.Perth, WA

Easiest insurance ever to deal with- Very Helpful!

I got into a slight incident. Called the RAC insurance line and they sorted it all out very easily. It was great. thank you. they gave me a claim number and asked me to just pass it on. I got a comprehensive insurance on my new car now.

The most disgusting car insurance

I bought the car insurance and road assistance in 2016 year.

In 2017 year I did not renew the insurance and road assistance. However the road assistance kept renewing automatically and Rac kept taking the money from my bank account ( never ever left your bank details with them) every year till I realized in September 20.

I talked with Rac and they told me they have emailed me road assistance renew information but all emails went to my junk mail automatically.

Finally I cannot get any refund and I was charged about $800 within 4 years without me knowing.

Their staff do anything unlawful (lie, false Statement, fake witness) to coverup their client Mistake.

I had experience that if ur client pay u for full insurance then they do not need follow road rule and damage other Car easily because u guys are available for giving hard time to other to coverup ur client mistake

Marie Robbins

Marie Robbinsasked

Am I entitled to 1 free windscreen per year

Sune

Suneasked

RAC Car Insurance

Anyone drive into their spouse's car while parked? Yes....you may laugh :/

William Stobart

William Stobartasked

RAC Car Insurance

Why do we have to pay for 3rd party injury premiums when we already pay for it in our rego in WA?

Compare all 4 RAC Car Insurance
CategoryRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Business, Health, Home and Contents, Life, Motorcycle, Pet and TravelBusiness, Health, Home and Contents, Life, Motorcycle, Pet and TravelBusiness, Health, Home and Contents, Life, Motorcycle, Pet and TravelBusiness, Health, Home and Contents, Life, Motorcycle, Pet and Travel
Coverage TypeComprehensiveThird Party, Fire and TheftThird Party Property DamageVeteran, Vintage and Classic Vehicle
UnderwriterRACQ Insurance LimitedRACQ Insurance LimitedRACQ Insurance LimitedRACQ Insurance Limited
Legal Liability Cover 25 Million$25 Million$25 MillionIncluded up to $20 million
Roadside Assistance Not OfferedNot OfferedNot OfferedNot Offered
Reduced or Zero Excess Windscreen CoverZero Excess IncludedNot OfferedNot OfferedReduced Excess Included
Choice of RepairerAllowedNot ApplicableNot ApplicableAllowed
After Accident Care
Hire Car after an Incident

Optional, The hire car will be available to you from when the incident is reported, until either:

• Your car is replaced

Optional, up to $50 per day for 14 days

Emergency Transport & AccommodationIncluded, up to $250 if you are 100km away from homeNot IncludedNot IncludedIncluded, up to $500 if you are 10km away from home
Towing Costs IncludedIncludedNot IncludedIncluded, up to $2,000
Hire Car after a No Fault Accident

Not Included

Essential / Emergency RepairsIncluded, up to $750Included, up to $750Not IncludedIncluded, up to $500
Benefits
Pay As You Drive / Fixed Kilometre DiscountNot ApplicableNot ApplicableNot ApplicableNot Applicable
Hire Car after Theft

• Your car is replaced

Not Included

Included, up to $100 per day for 14 days (for motor vehicles driven on a daily basis)

Lock and Key ReplacementIncluded, up to $2,000Not IncludedNot IncludedIncluded, up to $2,000
Transit Cover Not ApplicableNot ApplicableNot ApplicableIncluded
Trailer & Caravan CoverIncluded, up to $2,000Not IncludedNot IncludedIncluded, up to $1,000 or market value (whichever is the lesser)
Child Safety Seats and PramsIncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
New-for-old Car Replacement

If the car is declared a total loss and:

• less than two years have passed since it was first registered, and
  • you are the first registered owner (other than the selling dealer if your car was a new demonstration model)

Not Included

Personal Property CoverIncluded, up to $500Not IncludedNot IncludedIncluded, up to $500 if damaged in an accident or if stolen (excluding money, cheques, credit or debit cards and property used for earning income)
Uninsured Motorist Benefit Not ApplicableIncluded, up to $5,000Included, up to $5,000Not Applicable
Accidental Loss or Damage
Malicious Damage / VandalismIncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedIncluded
FireIncludedIncludedNot IncludedIncluded
CollisionIncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedIncluded
Natural EventsNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedIncluded
Theft or Attempted TheftIncludedIncludedNot IncludedIncluded
ManualDownload manualDownload manualDownload manualDownload manual
Compare all 4 RAC Car Insurance