RACQ Banking

RACQ Banking

See the Best Banks in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Raymond

RaymondSouth East Queensland, QLD

Useless App and bank

The app is useless to navigate, hard to do anything.
They also will not allow useing a pin code on more than 1 device.
I use a tablet and phone for bank. Cannot use a pin on the tablet because of there stupid security rule.
Transfer money from racq to another bank takes forever.
Useless bank. Avoid it

Incompetent and can't perform basic tasks

Took approximately 2 months to perform basic tasks and multiple phone calls. They dont do what they promise to do and domt have the support of a decent computer system.

TopicGeneral Transactions
Rod

RodQueensland

Racq bank cairns central

Walked in on 13/18/19 attempting to deposit cash into my bank account. First impression walking into this branch - Noelle (customer service) no greeting or a smile coming from this soulless person she definitely made me felt unwelcome, I'm not sure whether it's the colour of my skin but, I was quite friendly with his person. She couldn't help with my inquiry and not even a good bye or have a nice day. If racq cannot provide basic customer service they wont be getting my money in the nearby future. Noelle requires much needed retraining on improving her customer service skills. No wonder a banking royal commission occurred in this country. Please dont bank with this branch.

TopicNew Account
Del A

Del ASouth East Queensland, QLD

Rate rises for existing customers

This bank has no loyalty to existing customers. Do not go fixed with them if you can avoid it, so you can leave when (not if, because they will) they pull their dodginess on you.
I joined RACQ Bank in June 2018 as they had a very good rate of 3.62%. This increased to 3.79% in May 2019 while they were advertising to new lenders at 3.69%. RBA rate cut happens in June 2019 and to their credit they pass on the full rate, so I get down to 3.53% while new lenders get 3.44%.
The loan set up process was also really difficult, you need to be on top of your game and know your calculations because their systems aren't as mature. I've had to question & correct details on my finance multiple times.

TopicLoan Application

sickofaussiefailures

sickofaussiefailuresipswich

If my home loan wasn't locked to these clowns I'd have left long ago - AVOID!

TopicATM Experience, Business Banking and General Transactions

De B.

De B.

If you like incompetence... this is for you!

TopicLoan Application

Leonie W

Leonie WSouth East Queensland, QLD

Recommended for value and service

We have been with RACQ bank for a number of years. They have always been very helpful and their rates and fees are very competitive. Would recommend them to others looking for a bank who cares about their customers. Branches are in limited locations but that hasn’t been too much of an issue for us.

TopicGeneral Transactions, Loan Application and New Account

AKB

AKBQLD, 4500

User unfriendly website.

Website is user unfriendly; information is not visible unless the user knows the system.
No information in the description of expenditure.
Fixed 9 character password which reduces security (they think it increases it)
Cash transactions no longer available at branch.
QTMB, the previous owners, had a great branch and a great web site. Such a shame RACQ is not able to continue the service.