How to compare car insurance to find the best policy for you

Read now

• Claim Resolution Time3+ months (10), 2-4 weeks (9), 1-2 months (7), 1-2 weeks (4) and <1 week (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (22) · No (14)
Pissed

PissedSouth East Queensland, QLD

Rubbish service

Rubbish service.
Unbearable hold times.
Can never get a hold of anyone.
Meant to call and don't.
Taken almost a month for this claim and still waiting.
Definitely wouldn't recommend

Greg

GregSouth East Queensland, QLD

I had my car parked When we did return there had been a hailstorm and tdamage from a tree that fell on it.

The issues I have are
• The assessor lied to us.
• We where treated like we were criminals.
• The assessor never gave us his name.
• He did not have a name badge on.
• We where not given anything in writing.
• We where not shown any evidence.
• We where told that the dents all came from one direction and that was wrong ( I thought hail all came from one direction, down.

Claim DateNovember 2020
Paige L

Paige L

Customer service disgusting- wait time ridiculous

Wait time disgusting!! I attempted to contact RACQ at 1pm, was advised by the automated message that there were delays and to consider calling another time as service is 24/7... I have called back at 8pm and still waiting 50 minutes later. I tried to “chat” in the meantime with no response, and also tried to write a complaint on their website but I I hit “submit” the website page crashed. Still on the phone waiting, have not been offered a call back

Car ModelMitsubishi Outlander PHEV ZJ

Worst customer service!!

If I could give a 0, I would!!
Worst customer service I have ever received! No interest at all in resolving my claim. Ive emailed them 5 times, yet there is not a single reply nor a call back from them.
I have called them as well, and have been put hold for 40 mins every single time.
So disappointed and frustrating.

Andre D.

Andre D.South East Queensland, QLD

Don't waste your time and money on this insurance company

Not willing to assist in my claim just keep telling me to talk to my insurance company who have been helpful in providing repair after hours of being on hold I got no where with them

Car ModelCarrola
Claimant is the policy holderNo
Claim DateNovember 2020
Mj B.

Mj B.Central Queensland, QLD

Appalling customer service

Today is the eighth day, waiting to cancel our racq car insurance, any thought of remaining with them has gone. We rang, we waited, 1hr 45 min, then given the option to leave number and they guarantee to call you back, nothing, tried again the next day, same story . I’m done, never ever again, I will be telling my son and daughter to save themselves the time, cancel and get out. So disappointed in them right now.

Paul Dyer

Paul DyerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Pathetic customer service!

Tonight I tried twice to pay my elderly fathers car insurance.
My first call I waited 56 mins ... then spoke to a lady who said she would put me through to another department...THEN I WAS CUT OFF.
Wasted another 45 mins on my second call...waiting and being told be a computer how important I am to RACQ....
Gave up....!
Called another insurer and all sorted...

Insurance TypeThird Party, Fire and Theft
Mohmadsalim

MohmadsalimSouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible service not able to finalize claim since last two months.

My vehicle was stolen two months ago i lodge a claim .vehicle was found in one week after lodge the claim
after then they start drama several phone call email but not moving forward
i am just sup rice how can they claim number one who provide very poor service and not communicate.
basically they would like to take money but not giving back absolutely terrible.....

Insurance TypeThird Party, Fire and Theft
Rebirthcarver

RebirthcarverSouth East Queensland, QLD

Disgusting customer service- Actually none.

jay

jaySouth East Queensland, QLD

pathetic service

Had an accident at end of August, and contacted RACQ claims on the same day. was asked to take the car in to their approved repairer, and did this the next morning. Was informed that the damage was reatively minor, and that they or the RACQ would contact me once the spare part was purchased.
12th of October, and I've been on hold on the phone for 20 minutes. My 6th call in the last week.
Theyre great at promising the world to get the sale, but their service on claims is below pathetic

Car ModelToyota RAV4 XA20
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Ashton K.

Ashton K.South East Queensland, QLD

Double charged on renewal - kept my money for a month

I’ve been with RACQ since I was 16 and have always had Comprehensive, Road Side and Pet insurance all with them (over 10 years). I was double charged a large amount (over $500) when renewing an insurance and it has taken over a month to get the money back. I spoke to their team members on 5 seperate occasions to be told it was 5, 13 & 15 day wait times. There was no apology, no genuine care for my situation or being a long term member and such poor service.

Car ModelMazda CX-5

Car Hire was not included.. It cost us over $742 bucks to get a ute

We were very disappointed when we went to get our car hire. Our work ute had been totalled and we were charged an extra $17 per day for the ute plus $36 per day. That equalled $742 which is a lot of money to pay out without knowing. I have now changed insurance providers and made sure I know what they cover... very disappointed as we have been loyal RACQ clients for over 10 years. August 2020

Car ModelNissan Navara NP300 4x4
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Matt
Matt

May I clarify that the $36 was for insurance per day.. To RACQ's credit after a complaint, they have refunded the $17 per day.

Pan M.

Pan M.South East Queensland, QLD

Insurance transfer to another car was not in place for over a month

My partner bought a new car and called RACQ to transfer her insurance to the car. We gave all the details and added road side assistance etc. About a month later we had to call RACQ for an enquiry and they only had the previous car on the policy but not the new. All this time we thought we were insured and yet no. So we had to go through minutes of providing the details again, and who knows if this time it was entered properly. I will have my partner join Suncorp instead if more of this incompetence happens again. They seem to have things in control better.

Car ModelBMW 1 Series
Ross P.

Ross P.

Crap service when making a claim

Lodged a claimed and their staff didn't know their policy wording and had to be shown where extra costs of reinstatement were covered.
Never return phone calls. Always promised they will act and you get let down constantly.

Claim DateJune 2020
UnhappyJan

UnhappyJanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fine until you have to lodge a claim

Claim DateJuly 2020

Truthful

TruthfulSouth East Queensland, QLD

Virtually effortless to get my matter sorted.

Someone accidently smashed my car window while mowing. I took the claim through the RACQ and they were fantastic, there was minimum effort to get the glass repaired the next day. I was so happy. I feel this is some of the best money I pay because it gives me peace of mind. Also I would like to shout out to all the RACQ roadside assist guys. They've all been fantastic and they make sure that being a female I was not left in a vunerable situation when I was in a location I did not know.

Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateApril 2020
Brock A.

Brock A.South East Queensland, QLD

Worst insurer! Disgusting service

Spent $3.5k over three years for full comprehensive to make a claim after a lady bit** hit my BMW in a carpark. For my claim to be rejected as I did not disclose my traffic history that considered of one drink driving charge! That had nothing to do with this incident as I was stationary in a carpark but in the PDS (fine print) there is a clause about disclosing any new or old traffic convictions. So I had to go after her insurance company with my witness statement (she didn't have one) so Allianz paid me out instead of my own insurer. Would not recommend RACQ due to their sneaky tactics listed in the product disclosure statement.

Car ModelBMW 3 Series E90
Claimant is the policy holderNo
Claim DateNovember 2019
Aaron

AaronSouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible Service, Can't Even Guarantee Their Work! Avoid!

Car ModelMitsubishi Challenger
Brad M.

Brad M.

Just another nail in the coffin

RACQ told us to rent a car while ours was repaired and send the rental bill to the other parties insurance company, whose client was deemed solely at fault. Five months later with emails and letters not being answered, the two insurance companies decided to have a COVID handshake leaving us with the $550 rental bill. Takes only so many nails before the coffin goes into the ground .

Car ModelHonda HR-V
Claim DateJanuary 2020
warrenbix

warrenbix

Horrible horrible

Leon H.

Leon H.asked

Car Insurance

RACQ caravan insurance why won’t they insure the tv and radio aeriels

TAA

TAAasked

Car Insurance

I am looking at a repairable write off vehicle that has to go through an inspection yet and if it passes with flying colours does it cost more to insure it or just the same as non-repairable write off?

Sharyn C.

Sharyn C.asked

Car Insurance

Had RACQ vehicle inspection all oked by racq continued with purchase, then 4 months later car blew the motor 2 mechanics said the problem would have been there for a long time. Do we have a case. Sharyn reply to shazzcam7@gmail.com

Compare all 4 RACQ Car Insurance
CategoryCar InsuranceCar InsuranceCar InsuranceCar Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Home and Contents, Income, Life, Pet and TravelHome and Contents, Income, Life, Pet and TravelHome and Contents, Income, Life, Pet and TravelHome and Contents, Income, Life, Pet and Travel
Coverage TypeComprehensiveThird Party, Fire and TheftThird Party Property DamageVeteran, Vintage and Classic Vehicle
UnderwriterRACQ InsuranceRACQ InsuranceRACQ InsuranceRACQ Insurance
Legal Liability Cover Included up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 million
Roadside Assistance Optional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional Extra
Reduced or Zero Excess Windscreen CoverZero Excess Optional ExtraNot OfferedNot Offered
Choice of RepairerAllowedAllowedNot AllowedAllowed
After Accident Care
Hire Car after an Incident

Optional extra, up to $40 per day for up to 14 days

Optional extra, up to $50 per day up to 14 days

Emergency Transport & AccommodationNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedIncluded up to $500 if you are more than 100 km from home
Towing Costs IncludedIncludedIncludedIncluded
Hire Car after a No Fault Accident

Optional extra, up to $40 per day up to 14 days

Included up to $40 per day up to 14 days

Optional extra, up to $50 per day up to 14 days

Essential / Emergency RepairsIncluded up to $500Included up to $500Not IncludedIncluded up to $500
Benefits
Pay As You Drive / Fixed Kilometre DiscountNot OfferedNot OfferedNot OfferedNot Offered
Hire Car after Theft

Included up to $100 per day up to 14 days

Included up to $100 per day up to 14 days

Lock and Key ReplacementIncluded up to $750Not IncludedNot IncludedIncluded up to $2,000
Transit Cover Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedIncluded
Trailer & Caravan CoverIncluded up to $750 after relevant excess is paidNot IncludedNot IncludedIncluded up to $1,000 (trailer only)
Child Safety Seats and PramsIncluded up to $500Not IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
New-for-old Car Replacement

Earlier than 2 years of original registration

Earlier than 2 years of original registration

Personal Property CoverIncluded up to $500Not IncludedNot IncludedIncluded up to $500
Uninsured Motorist Benefit Not IncludedIncluded up to $5,000Included up to $5,000Not Included
Accidental Loss or Damage