See the Best Car Insurance in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Kat2705

Kat2705South East Queensland, QLD

Unbelievable price increase on premiums

Car ModelToyota Corolla

TShaw

TShawSouth East Queensland, QLD

Pay Agreed Value Premium Receive Market Value Payout

Car theft

Car stolen was for sale prospective buyer took the car to pay for the car in my bank account. Never happened and the car wasn't returned. Reported the car stolen to Police. Car recovered and in the Police holding yard. Car picked up by RACQ and assessed and was deemed as a repairable write off and reported to Department of Transport. 6 weeks it took RACQ to investigate the claim with minimal communication of the progress of the claim. Finally the outcome of the claim was declined as the car was not deemed stolen and car was involed in criminal activity and the car was taken to a salvage yard and I was then told I had to sort out what to do with it. I have escalated a complaint to ACFA

Claim DateOctober 2019
Claim ApprovedNo

MarkandLynn

MarkandLynnAU

Motorhome coverage Farcical.

racqNO

racqNOSouth East Queensland, QLD

Premium jump

It is easy to make a claim, they will look after you, But the premium jump of $98.00 from the previous year is just unexpectable, RACQ tells me it's an increment!!!! of $98.00.!!!
Have been with RACQ since 1999. RACQ road side for $139. and Car insurance for$456. this is a total of $595.
Youi is quoting me $302 with all the bells and whistles.

Car ModelMitsubishi ASX

Praneel Singh

Praneel SinghSouth East Queensland, QLD

Ripp off, trapped me, Gave me stressful headache, Had to pay my excess even though it was not my fault

Gave up on me, didn't even investigate well, it was not my fault. We pay insurance for them to work for us but they told me to take your car for RACQ repairer shop and it's not my fault and no excess fee from me, but 2 days before I had to pick my car they said I had to pay $750 excess fee to get my car, they lied n trapped me, cheated, so I had to pay the excess to get my car, I would have fixed the damage for $300 at other shops, they ripped me n lied to me trapped me, Please never go with RACQ, I strongly suggest. Staff are so rude too, just Ripp off, and stress , headaches.

Claim DateSeptember 2019

Discussed

Discussed

Not happy

I have been with racq insurance forever and ctp yet this renewal they tack on 10% to my policy of 5 cars, no claims! Why? I check with other insurance company and beat their price no trouble, since they had the big change the company has gone backwards, no more business for them also staff not so nice anymore

Sanjai

SanjaiSouth East Queensland, QLD

60 minute wait time to discuss the claim

all good with till the time you make a claim with RACQ.Your nightmare starts after you make ur claim. in some cases i waited for 1hour 20 minutes and then call dropped. a minimum of 30 to40 minutes wait. they dont even have a call back facility to help their customers. Diagonally opposite to their ads

Pidgie

Pidgie

Jack of all trades but no master of customer relations

Ari

Ari

No reminder of renewal

MarsOnLife

MarsOnLife

Don't have an accident with someone who uses RACQ Car insurance

I am the person inconvenienced by another driver who has RACQ Car insurance. It has taken over a month to finally get my car booked for repairs and now have to wait 2 weeks for my car to fixed at the mechanic. 2 weeks later I am still awaiting a refund of the first taxi I had to use between work and the mechanic when I dropped off my car. I would never use this company if this is how a person on the other sides life is effected from a crash. If I was their customer and I got such treatment I would be looking at switching providers. The only praise is I have been provided a rental car while mine is being fixed.

Jmc

JmcQueensland

Easy claiming

Very easy claim from start to finish only 4 weeks. Staff were great on the phone and they put my mind at ease as this was my first ever claim in 33 years, not my fault! I was very impressed and would recommend RACQ

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks

Customer Reviewer

Customer ReviewerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Don't investigate accidents to find out true cause

Recently I had an accident where the other driver should have been held at fault. RACQ did not investigate the accident correctly, despite having sent photographic evidence from the scene. They then listed me at fault and made me pay the excess to repair my vehicle. Trying to work with them, I made numerous attempts to contact them and discuss the accident for a better outcome. Some of my contact was ignored after they received my excess. The clincher is the other driver wont speak to them because they don't want to confirm they were doing something illegal which caused the accident. Not worth RACQ's premiums with so much competitive insurance companies willing to take you business! Shame on you RACQ! Boooooo

Car ModelHyundai ix35
Unhappy RACQ member

Unhappy RACQ memberSouth East Queensland, QLD

Refused a new insurance policy for a silly reason even though I have 7 current policies with them.

I have 7 RACQ insurances totalling ~$6000 per year and yet was refused a new car insurance cover because I mentioned I may be selling the car within the year.

Insurance TypeComprehensive and Compulsory Third Party
Thea

TheaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Waste of Money! Unprofessional

I was very disappointed to RACQ patrol. Very rude, unprofessional, instead of fixing it, he broke it double the problem! You guys needs more training and pls be nice to your clients. We are the one who paying you! So pls do your job properly. We will definitely cancel our membership and find a company that will deserve our money. I was really upset! Waste of money to join here in RACQ!

Car ModelHyundai Accent LC

Pdes

PdesBrisbane

Lots of different staff

One of my clients damaged my car severely. Had to ask RACQ all the questions like about a rental car etc (nothing was offered). Repair took an extra 2 weeks so I had to extend the rental. Then I was refused an extra 2 days on the rental despite my car still not being ready to be picked up.

Additionally,I was asked every time I called about my address and had to get it changed every single time. There is email evidence of an address change. Sorry guys,not good enough. Some staff were very helpful,some the complete opposite

Insurance TypeCompulsory Third Party
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateJuly 2019

HonestWords

HonestWordsSouth East Queensland, QLD

6 week repair. Damage while at RACQ repair shop.

Avoid at all costs. Not good value in any way.
Their policy is 14 day car hire, they will tell you it will be fine and could be extended upon review but they won't. Takes the RACQ certified repairer a week to assess and a week and a half before any parts start to be ordered. Takes 14 days just to start the process! They will happily leave you high and dry without a car and expect you to deal with it. Car was also damaged and scratched while in the care of RACQ being fixed. RACQ will not care for your concerns and will not show any compassion. Please avoid, do yourselves a favour.

Car ModelHyundai i30
Claim DateJuly 2019
Claim ApprovedYes

This is imperfect cant live with this insurance company

Absolute terrible insurance company.. lie after lie for about 12 weeks and still counting still have not got my van back.. took 4 weeks to just assess the damage.. it was my fault as driver and am learning from my mistake the hardest possible way

Car ModelMercedes-Benz Sprinter
Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateMay 2019

jane

janeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Rip off for renew car insurance

If you are loyal with them many years multiple insurance ,no claim ,insurance going dramatically up.Another insurance (no dodgy) company giving to us better quotes and we don't have with them any another policy!

TAA

TAAasked

I am looking at a repairable write off vehicle that has to go through an inspection yet and if it passes with flying colours does it cost more to insure it or just the same as non-repairable write off?

Sharyn C.

Sharyn C.asked

Had RACQ vehicle inspection all oked by racq continued with purchase, then 4 months later car blew the motor 2 mechanics said the problem would have been there for a long time. Do we have a case. Sharyn reply to shazzcam7@gmail.com

Flavio M.

Flavio M.asked

We have submitted a car insurance claim on the second of March. To this day, we haven' heard anything form RACQ. We called them several times, and they say that they are trying to get in contact with the other insurance company. Is this delay standard?

I have been an RACQ/NRMA member for 25 years and an insurance policy holder (of various types) as well. I am seriously considering cancelling my other two policies if this is the service i will receive when i need them.

Ash_38
Ash_38

No this is what RACQ does.
They stuff you around for months on end hoping you will go away.
Report them to AFCA.
AFCA are VERY aware of RACQ and currently have a number of complaints against them.
Email me at ashj644@gmail if I can be of any assistance.
I'm a former investigator and have lots of experience with rogue insurance companies

Get an answer from our members and RACQ representatives