RACQ Roadside Assistance

RACQ Roadside Assistance

See the Best Roadside Assistance in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Gillian Foote Johnston

Gillian Foote JohnstonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Nomad Caravan Tyre blowout on Highway.

• +1

Chris

ChrisSouth East Queensland, QLD

Bad service!

Deceiving. Called because car wouldn't start. Told would be there under the hour. Sent a text to track vehicle coming to job. Went right down to 0 mins and was in vicinity of location for several mins then all of a sudden got a message your service has been delayed and nothing. After two phone calls one guy said he went to another job in the same vicinity the other said they were having trouble with the tracking device. Turned up just over the hour. Don't send a track if you are just going to abandon. I can understand if it is an emergency but wasn't any such thing. Apparently my problem was a bad connection. Literally took 2 mins. Bad service!

Job Satisfaction

RACQ will take your money, but decline to assist you consistently.

Fast, Efficient, Friendly Service - 10 out of 10

17/9/19 - Roadside assist required due to battery failure, heart sinks...
Gary from RAQC Cairns is on the scene within 15mins!
Professional, courteous and extremely knowledgeable...explains in detail everything he does(in layman’s terms)
Shows the fault report, swaps batteries in record time and triple checks everything is hunky dory...
No charge due to warranty...nice.
What an asset to your company, could not fault his service and would highly recommend him and the RACQ.

Maureen

MaureenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent professional service.

I can’t believe how fast the service was; from the time I called for assistance (1151) to when help arrived (1205) and even the speed in diagnosis of the problem. Thank you

One   happy  clicker

One happy clickerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Always on time and professional services.

Excellent service found the electric problem and also provided a new battery and very helpful to a pensioner I would have to give them and the professional mechanic 10stars .PJ.

Happy

HappySouth East Queensland, QLD

Fast, Friendly and Professional

I've been a member of RACQ since 2004. I have had always received prompt and professional service when needed. Today's experience was no exception. Went away on a 2 week holiday and came back to a car with a dead battery. Rang RACQ...phone response was prompt and friendly. Fortunately, a mechanic was available nearby and arrived within half an hour. They had the type of battery on hand (AGM type) and we were all good with 20 minutes. Patrick the mechanic was very courteous and professional knowing exactly what he was doing. Thank you!
I can see some negative experiences of other members in this site as well but we must be reasonable when external conditions are contributing to the times when high demand is placed on limited resources.

Dale - roadside mechanic

Dale from Gold Coast roadside assist was a fantastic help. Very informative and friendly. Took the time to explain things and provide suggestions whilst efficiently solving the issue. Thanks Dale.

Margaret Webb

Margaret WebbSouth East Queensland, QLD

Graig from Ipswich Roadside Assist

Gaig from roadside assist Ipswich Queensland was amazing ,knew his work 100%
I very happy customer.
He arrived on time,and nothing was a problem,very polite friendly and knows his job ..very impressed

Cate

CateSouth East Queensland, QLD

Always

Received excellent Roadside Assistance from Shane (478) starting my Kombi Kamper again!! Prompt, courteous and professional service as always. Worth every cent to be a member and have this resource to call on when needed.

Appalling service and complaint resolution.

Deb

DebSouth East Queensland, QLD

upgraded early

Would like to thank RACQ for upgrading my account a year early and for no more $$. They offered this to me without me asking. I have been loyal to RACQ for many years and am grateful that they take care of their customers. Great Job keep it up

Catherine

CatherineSouth East Queensland, QLD

RACQ I will never jump ship again, you are THE best

Sue

SueQueensland

RACQ Battery failed under warranty - they wouldnt replace it

I wartched my single mother neighbour being bullied and not being heard - the driver was beligerent and dismissive. After paying for a report from an Auto Electrician, getting RACQ out - wouldnt replace, then getting a report from Battery World and threatening to cancel all policies (after 2 days) they decided to replace as requested originally under warranty. Disgraceful treatment of a customer.

RACQ battery failed one month after warranty expired

Bought a battery from RACQ when they came out to our vehicle, was more expensive than the stores but was convenient. Battery had a 2 year warranty, it failed after 2 years and one month. Rang RACQ and they told me they are very strict with their warranty dates.

Thank you so much.

Battery issues, engine problems, trapped somewhere, general engine problems, old car issues, even petrol locks not opening. Emergency fueling. Thank you so much. You guys are always fast and extra helpful.

Daniel A

Daniel ASouth East Queensland, QLD

Ok service insane pricing for items.

Battery went flat on my car ,RACQ told me that they have a suitable battery for $278 and that I wouldnt be able to buy it cheaper anywhere else; this is for a 96 commodore so that made no sense, rang around to a few battery/auto stores most expensive was much less than this and I got one for $128. All stores had the battery in stock so no idea why RACQ told me such a stupid lie.

Waiting

WaitingQueensland

Wait time is ridiculous

Everytime I call for assistance no matter the time or day the recording always saus 'we are experiencing a high volume of calls'. Always! If they are always experiencing a high volume of calls they obviosly need more mechanics.

Brooke

BrookeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Scammed into buying a battery charger

Called for a flat battery. The guy said it was practically brand new, nothing wrong. Just a light left on from not shutting my boot properly, hence the flat battery. I was in a hurry he told me I needed to buy a battery charger. In haste i went ahead & did. Phoned RACQ 3hrs after to inform them. They've essentially told me it will have to go through an investigation process & even then no guarantee of a refund. This cost me $125 for a device I didn't want or require & haven't even taken out of it's packaging. It's shameful.

Greg

GregGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

What a Joke!

Received a renewal today addressed to my mothers estate - she passed away in March last year. Thought I would do the right thing and tell them not to send any more mail. It was address to the estate so I guessed they knew she had passed. After selecting from 7 choice son the phone; keying in membership number and date of birth - they ended up call me back.

Did not want to speak to me until I send a copy of the Death Certificate..... REALLY!

Didn't need that detail when we closed her insurance policies.

In the end just threw the renewal in the bin. Wonder If there will be a reminder