RACQ Travel

RACQ Travel

Brand Manager for RACQ? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

1.8
  • Trip Completed Yes (4) · No (11)
  • Ease of Booking

Don't get sick ......... and think you're covered

Took out travel insurance when i booked the tickets. Live in queensland and RACQ made it easy to sign up. I made full disclosure . However the difference from feeling safe in terms of not losing money, and reality if things go wrong is huge.
Our experience was that the company will keep asking for additional information till it becomes obvious they simply won't pay. You may see the logic of a payout ? Perhaps you might Also satisfy them : I couldn't.
Not worth the stress ......Expensive experience

Sonja
SonjaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Emergency travel claim with RACQ Travel

Despite being forced to be offloaded in a foreign port as our scheduled ports would not allow us entry because of COVID 19 our flights home were not covered under emergency assistance. Being stuck in Oman and having our initial flights cancelled once we got to the airport we certainly called it an emergency! Thanks RACQ for absolutely nothing. Being a gold member means nothing apart from a discount on travel insurance which was completely useless. After many emails and supplying multiple documents we found the claim was never going to be paid and they just wasted our time. Be upfront in the beginning and stop wasting our time.

Trip Completed Yes
Booking TypeInsurance
Ebony
EbonyWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Helpful, easy process, would recommend!

James
JamesQueensland

Does not pay out!

Despite being led to believe that our emergency flights home during the Coronavirus pandemic in Europe would be covered, they then refused to pay out the claim. Despite having been an RACQ member for over 7 years and never having submitted a claim their customer service was terrible.

DON'T USE THEM FOR TRAVEL INSURANCE! Find a specific travel insurer, and check all of the details!

maria marcos
maria marcosSouth East Queensland, QLD

RACQ travel insurance unreliable

I took RACQ travel insurance on the 8.2.2020 I book my trip on the 30-12.19
Then the boarders were close due to COVID 19. I paid a total of 340$ .
I claim for the no refundable amount a total of approximately $1.200 .
They declined my claim because instead of acknowledging the pandemic date by the WHO they chose the health alert which it was not publicly known . They use this loopholed not to pay me .
So beware of dodgy practices from this company. Base in my experience they are no loyal to the customers.I was this company customer for ten years.
Maria

Emma L.
Emma L.South East Queensland, QLD

Unhappy customer

I needed to get a refund from RACQ, I explained that the card they had on file was now attached to a closed account, they said there was nothing they could do, I would have to wait until it bounced back to them. Two weeks later I call them and they still tell me they can't do anything.

Ease of Booking
Richard S
Richard SSouth East Queensland, QLD

Successful Travel Insurance Claim

I had a policy with RACQ Travel Insurance for a trip I had to cancel due to Covid 19 travel bans. I gathered all of my documentation and submitted a claim on line. It was paid in full (less the contractual excess) in one week. I will be happy to insure with them again

AmelieG
AmelieGSouth East Queensland, QLD

Total Refund

Elle
ElleSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not worth the paper it is written on

Hazel Key
Hazel KeySouth East Queensland, QLD

Faultless

From the moment they were contacted after my skiing accident (I broke my leg) they cooperated fully. Showing care and attention, everything I needed through 3 surgeries was provided for without question. It was a massive relief and I was grateful considering I shopped around for a competitive price. I am SO grateful. What a surprise to see the low star rating and reviews RACQ travel insurance have! All I can tell you is they were faultless, turning a nightmare into a reassuring experience. Summing up, their service to me was faultless and I’m unlikely to look elsewhere for travel insurance.

Paul
PaulSouth East Queensland, QLD

Took our money for non-existent cover

We learnt today that we had purchased our travel insurance 9 days after the back-dated cut-off of 20 January for cover for coronavirus. On 29 January there were some vague reports of a virus in Wuhan province in China. We weren't going to China but travelling through South Korea and Rome. Nowhere did the policy application indicate an issue, because it wasn't at the time - only in hindsight and by backdating by RACQ. So I was sold a product that did not exist. I'd put RACQ travel insurance in with the AMP for corporate scammers trading off the public's nostalgia for a now much-tarnished name.

Michelle K.
Michelle K.Queensland

Devastating! Very disappointed! No longer trust!

Very disappointed with RACQ. I got travel insurance through RACQ on my last trip overseas-UK. No problems.
On 22 January 2020, I decided to go through RACQ again as a loyal customer for my trip to China & Japan. RACQ took my money and I received my cover.
Today I am told by RACQ staff that they have put a statement on their site (today) stating that any insurance cover after the 20 Jan 2020, for China will not cover costs for cancelled flights/cruise if it was due to the Coronavirus. Wish I had this information before I took out the cover. I would have gone else where. Qantas informs me their cut off is 23 Jan 2020. I am absolutely devastated!

Davo H.
Davo H.Wide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Do not waste your money, look elsewhere for your travel insurance.

We had premium cover with no excess, during the cruise I twisted my lower back while taking part in kids club activities with our daughter and required some time off work and tried to claim the income protection within the policy. What a joke, stuffed me around for about a month then refused to pay.

Rosie Tan
Rosie Tan

Over my dead body would I use this company again

Peter
PeterSouth East Queensland, QLD

Easy claim no problems

Took out RACQ travel insurance for a three day domestic cruise and lucky we did
My daughter fainted on board and ended up in the ships medical centre six hours and over $3000 later. When got back lodged claim with the insurance company and was advised that we would have to wait 10 days. Did not hear anything and with the bad reviews thought we had done our money, but 10 ten days exactly claim paid and money in the bank

Trip Completed Yes